First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Sony
15300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M
Offline
Posted 5/16/07 , edited 5/17/07
This thread is to discuss Sony products in general. For a more in-depth discussion on the PS3, use this thread:
PS3: how is it?
http://www.crunchyroll.com/showforumtopic?id=803

EDITED by redgarnettk
===
At first, I was not going to buy a PS3. Now, I can't wait to buy one after seeing some of these videos! Check it out!

http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=99638
10149 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Home of SeaBiscuit
Offline
Posted 5/17/07
Ewww I don't like sony for any of their products. Gaming console I prefer Nintendo, Laptop I prefer toshiba (as go with dvd players and other home eletronics) and cd player (lol ancient) I go panasonic.

<3 my toshiba gigabeat... wow I think Imma toshiba fan...
1702 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 5/17/07

happyxix wrote:

Ewww I don't like sony for any of their products. Gaming console I prefer Nintendo, Laptop I prefer toshiba (as go with dvd players and other home eletronics) and cd player (lol ancient) I go panasonic.

<3 my toshiba gigabeat... wow I think Imma toshiba fan...


wth!
you hate sony products?
nintendo wii looks like arcade~ because of its controller!... like resident evil wii!
the graphics ROCKS! but~ it looks like HOUSE OF THE DEAD!


10149 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Home of SeaBiscuit
Offline
Posted 5/17/07
Yea I hate sony. Too expensive for mediocre stuff. Not really worth it.
1702 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 5/17/07
haha you're right!
78167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 5/17/07
I suggest keeping this thread to "sony products in general". There's already a thread talking about the PS3, if I'm not mistaken. :)

About sony products, some of them you can't help but use... semiconductors and microchips. They're everywhere, and they work. Their more obvious products will, of course, make me think twice before considering.
442 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 5/17/07
wii > ps3
4247 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / at my cold dark p...
Offline
Posted 6/9/07
hihihihih.. hmmmpfff... peace yo! but love all SONY products!! XD i dont know.. but maybe becaue i super got hooked up my ps and psp... so thats why im super loyal to it!!! XD
3342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Vienna
Offline
Posted 6/9/07
i like the sony ericsson celphones, i got one, but not the mp3 player fusioned ones, i thnk theyre gay, maybe because of the gay commercials....
but in general Sony products used to have good quality and design, but it used to be, things have changed and the corporation tried to sell a lot of cheaper products, like headphones and stuff, but in 9 months i had to buy 5 headphones, all of the same line by sony...45€ for each of them...they just stop work on the left side...i really like the design but the long term quality is a joke,...but i don't know maybe the really expenive products have good quality...
78167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 6/9/07

pulsar_meg18 wrote:

hihihihih.. hmmmpfff... peace yo! but love all SONY products!! XD i dont know.. but maybe becaue i super got hooked up my ps and psp... so thats why im super loyal to it!!! XD


Your loyal to sony simply because of the PS and PSP? Several of their other products are quite hideous. Their earphones and headphones, for one, are of poor quality and build ~ even the expensive ones can be had for similar quality at cheaper prices (if not even better quality. Check out Sennheizer).

Their Cybershot line is also pathetic. As a photographer hobbyist, I review cameras as my past time, and cybershots are probably one of the last cameras I'd recommend. Not only does the interface incorporate unneccessary difficulties to the user, the focusing system is haphazard and slow! The quality of pictures is also unbelievably pathetic ~ their 10 MP range cameras seem to take pictures of 6 MP quality, and the ISO noise is already apparent even at 400!

And if you consider Sony Ericsson phones as sony products, even these are a bit cumbersome to manage. Their headphones are designed for specific models. Try putting it on a different model and it pops out easily. There are things in the interface that are okay, but at the same time frustrating. Plus, the models are a bit fragile... it isn't surprising that it will hang on you one day... but I'll give it to them for making relatively fast phones, with impressive built in cameras. But still, these are only passing trivialities when you can't deliver the cellular phone basics with one fell swoop.

Whoops... went on a ranting rage there... sorry. but of course, sony has it's share of good products. Their HDTV line up looks promising, but I think they will have steep competition with the likes of Samsung. Well, I guess I just want to point out that Sony isn't simply PS and PSP... but I love those two things nonetheless... though critics will say otherwise.
4247 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / at my cold dark p...
Offline
Posted 6/10/07

edsamac wrote:


pulsar_meg18 wrote:

hihihihih.. hmmmpfff... peace yo! but love all SONY products!! XD i dont know.. but maybe becaue i super got hooked up my ps and psp... so thats why im super loyal to it!!! XD


Your loyal to sony simply because of the PS and PSP? Several of their other products are quite hideous. Their earphones and headphones, for one, are of poor quality and build ~ even the expensive ones can be had for similar quality at cheaper prices (if not even better quality. Check out Sennheizer).

Their Cybershot line is also pathetic. As a photographer hobbyist, I review cameras as my past time, and cybershots are probably one of the last cameras I'd recommend. Not only does the interface incorporate unneccessary difficulties to the user, the focusing system is haphazard and slow! The quality of pictures is also unbelievably pathetic ~ their 10 MP range cameras seem to take pictures of 6 MP quality, and the ISO noise is already apparent even at 400!

And if you consider Sony Ericsson phones as sony products, even these are a bit cumbersome to manage. Their headphones are designed for specific models. Try putting it on a different model and it pops out easily. There are things in the interface that are okay, but at the same time frustrating. Plus, the models are a bit fragile... it isn't surprising that it will hang on you one day... but I'll give it to them for making relatively fast phones, with impressive built in cameras. But still, these are only passing trivialities when you can't deliver the cellular phone basics with one fell swoop.

Whoops... went on a ranting rage there... sorry. but of course, sony has it's share of good products. Their HDTV line up looks promising, but I think they will have steep competition with the likes of Samsung. Well, I guess I just want to point out that Sony isn't simply PS and PSP... but I love those two things nonetheless... though critics will say otherwise.


wahahaha!!! yeah! your actually right!!! though i still love sony!... i aint that super updated with the new tech going on... but everytime i heard the word sony, for me.. its kinda 'you should buy it product'.. hehehehe.. maybe i should open my eyes to other techie products!! oh yeah!!! yeba yeba!!! XD
Posted 6/10/07
I think sony is pretty cool, but they could do some things differently
78167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 6/10/07

pulsar_meg18 wrote:

wahahaha!!! yeah! your actually right!!! though i still love sony!... i aint that super updated with the new tech going on... but everytime i heard the word sony, for me.. its kinda 'you should buy it product'.. hehehehe.. maybe i should open my eyes to other techie products!! oh yeah!!! yeba yeba!!! XD


Well, feel free to PM me if you want a heads up on any of their latest gadgets. I love technology.
14477 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Moving around or...
Offline
Posted 6/10/07
Sony is pretty fine.
4009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/10/07
Wii outsells ps3 4:1, even with the price difference thats at least 2:1. 360 also outsells ps3 2:1. (data based on first 2Q of this year)

the ps3 is a flop, just like the psp.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.