First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Who is the better driver?
7886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 5/17/07

flippizzle wrote:

I beg to differ.
http://www.insurance.com/quotes/Article.aspx/artid/259

Define "better" and please exclude professionally trained racecar drivers because obviously THEY ARE PROFESSIONALLY TRAINED and are supposed to be better (in speed and control, don't know about how they drive on real streets) and also because of the fact that there are more men in that industry than women and that is because of sexual barriers that are set to "masculine" activities that make it harder for women to penetrate.

After giving that some consideration, I would think women are better drivers but I'm not one to base such things on stereotypes. I just know I'm a better driver than most men I know because they are reckless and are more prone to road rage (all due to testosterone). In the end I don't think it matters because there are a lot of stupid women as well ahhaha.


woman cant resist the g force pressure as much as men, guess why most guys are f1 drivers? i think shes speaking in a general term.
13903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 5/17/07
edsamac: sad but true. People have a sick tendency to think danger = cool.

I would think that a person would have better parking skills (regardless of gender) if they have good eye-hand coordination (especially with machinery involved). However I cannot defend my gender because I myself am bad at parking lol. But I know guys who can park like a genius but can't drive if their life depended on it (and it does). But to me, you win this round, if the topic was "Who is the better parker"

gforce schmeeforce. There are women astronauts and they can withstand even higher G-forces. Driving is driving and judgment plays a huge role in it.
7886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 5/17/07

flippizzle wrote:

^ sad but true. People have a sick tendency to think danger = cool.

I would think that a person would have better parking skills (regardless of gender) if they have good eye-hand coordination (especially with machinery involved). However I cannot defend my gender because I myself am bad at parking lol. But I know guys who can park like a genius but can't drive if their life depended on it (and it does). But to me, you win this round, if the topic was "Who is the better parker"


haha men win at that cause we have a better distinction of space, men are better at coordination and can determine distance better thus thats why we are also better at maths.
13903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 5/17/07
I disagree until I am shown evidence, only then will I accept defeat
7886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 5/17/07
although i cant find much evidence on it i know this from reading it somewhere haha just can remember though read this its interesting.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/3002946.stm
3335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/17/07

Kenshin1986 wrote:


flippizzle wrote:

^ sad but true. People have a sick tendency to think danger = cool.

I would think that a person would have better parking skills (regardless of gender) if they have good eye-hand coordination (especially with machinery involved). However I cannot defend my gender because I myself am bad at parking lol. But I know guys who can park like a genius but can't drive if their life depended on it (and it does). But to me, you win this round, if the topic was "Who is the better parker"


haha men win at that cause we have a better distinction of space, men are better at coordination and can determine distance better thus thats why we are also better at maths.


women have more spacial awareness. the evidence i give: my mum can park, my dad can't.
7886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 5/17/07

insane_killer_bunny wrote:


Kenshin1986 wrote:


flippizzle wrote:

^ sad but true. People have a sick tendency to think danger = cool.

I would think that a person would have better parking skills (regardless of gender) if they have good eye-hand coordination (especially with machinery involved). However I cannot defend my gender because I myself am bad at parking lol. But I know guys who can park like a genius but can't drive if their life depended on it (and it does). But to me, you win this round, if the topic was "Who is the better parker"


haha men win at that cause we have a better distinction of space, men are better at coordination and can determine distance better thus thats why we are also better at maths.


women have more spacial awareness. the evidence i give: my mum can park, my dad can't.


true i read that as well, but i know by facts means can predict smaller spaces better then woman. The existence of gender differences in favor of males in spatial abilities has been clearly established in at least three separate reviews (Linn & Petersen, 1985; Maccoby & Jacklin, 1974; Voyer, Voyer, & Bryden, 1995).


http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m2294/is_2000_Dec/ai_75959832

source
13903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 5/17/07
^ a link would be nice

I am a crappy parker but I can park better than my ex
Does that mean I'm manly =(

EDIT: thanks for the link lol
78167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 5/17/07
Men usually have better eye-hand coordination than Women. My proof? It's mostly from experience. I play the drums, and when you look at bands, majority of the drum players are men. I've met girls who have a good sense of beat, but when I ask them to try out the drums, they freak out... So nope, just because you have a good sense of time, it doesn't mean that you have good eye-hand-foot coordination.

But women compensate with better multi-tasking abilities... which is why men CAN NOT, and I mean this, talk on the phone while driving... maybe that's where women trump men.
13903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Houston, TX
Offline
Posted 5/17/07
Okay I'll admit defeat kenshin and edsamac
but I still think I'm a better driver than a lot of guys, excluding pros of course
7886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 5/17/07

edsamac wrote:


But women compensate with better multi-tasking abilities... which is why men CAN NOT, and I mean this, talk on the phone while driving... maybe that's where women trump men.


which in Australia pull up all the fines.


flippizzle wrote:

Okay I'll admit defeat kenshin and edsamac
but I still think I'm a better driver than a lot of guys, excluding pros of course


hey i cant complain, good on u if ur a good driver, my mother in general is a great driver though i get scared of those mom drivers in the morning in there big 4 wheel drives, scary i tell u.


edsamac wrote:


Kenshin1986 wrote:


edsamac wrote:


But women compensate with better multi-tasking abilities... which is why men CAN NOT, and I mean this, talk on the phone while driving... maybe that's where women trump men.


which in Australia pull up all the fines.


Even if it's hands-free?


hands free is fine haha but i dont see many girls with the hands free, to tell u the truth i just see alot of them with the phone on one ear and one hand on the wheel espically on weekends, when most young people go out.
78167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 5/17/07

Kenshin1986 wrote:


edsamac wrote:


But women compensate with better multi-tasking abilities... which is why men CAN NOT, and I mean this, talk on the phone while driving... maybe that's where women trump men.


which in Australia pull up all the fines.


Even if it's hands-free?
Posted 5/17/07 , edited 3/10/09
[deleted]
7886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 5/17/07

Cordivine wrote:


In terms of safety, women.
In terms of awareness of the vehicle and maneuvering, men.


yes these are indeed the correct statues cant disagree.


1845 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / AZ (in the meantime)
Offline
Posted 5/17/07

Cordivine wrote:

In terms of safety, women.
.


well not really. some women try to drive to safely its dangerous. i know quite a few
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.