First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Do you like the country where you live???
512 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 8/5/09
no
930 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 8/6/09
YES
Posted 8/6/09

chiplg wrote:


dustinemarlee wrote:


chiplg wrote:


dustinemarlee wrote:

i live here cause i love it here....... if you do not like your country then LEAVE!


That is very easy to say, but where does it stop? A person's homeland takes away certain rights and makes changes. That person leaves for another country that ends up doing the same, and so on and so forth. Where does it stop? Why should we leave our countries because they change? This country (USA) has been changing drastically for a while now. Public sentiments are changing. People are fogetting the past and what this country was founded on. I don't like it, but I am not running away. Instead, I stay and try to change things. I support organizations that belive as I do. I let congress know when I disagree with the way things are being done. You can't just cast a vote and say you did your part, and run away when things don't work out.



What's the point of living in a country you don't like.... I believe life is short... we need to make the most out of it and living in a place where you are not happy is very idiotic. I don't want to watch myself miserable my whole life. anyway we have our own forms of happiness, and if you want change then go make a change. It's your life.


I suppose it depends on why you don't like the country. If it is cultural, or environmental, I can understand moving. If it is economical I can understand moving. If it is governmental, then it depends. I enjoy freedoms and rights in this country that would be impossible or difficult to enjoy in most other countries. Some of those rights and freedoms are under attack, and may one day be taken away. Also, what is morally acceptable in this country is changing. What should I do? Even if I found another country that I could move to that would allow me to enjoy the same freedoms, what guarantee is there that it won't change as well? I’ve seen these rights taken away from the citizens of other countries. Besides, I have family, and heritage here. I am proud to have been born in my country. I love my country. Even if I come to hate what it has become, I love it enough to make the effort to change it back. In short, there is nowhere for me to move. There are other nations on this planet that I like, but I cannot imagine leaving this one to live in any of them.

Not long ago, the founding fathers of this country did move because they did not like the country they lived in. They formed colonies here and tried to find happiness. They found they were unhappy and decided to effect change. Their actions started peacefully, but quickly became less so. Until, a revolution started. At the end of that revolution, they created the country that they wanted to live in, a country that I am proud to be from. Of course this is significantly oversimplified, but I believe it makes my point. There was only so far that they could go before they had to stand their ground.

There are many great changes that have come to this country because people stood up and did something about it. There are also many terrible changes that have happened as well. Change is a part of life. The current administration’s theme is change. It is change that I do not agree with. I hope and pray that the next administration and congress bring about the change that I desire. Whether they do or not, I will continue to do what I can to bring that change, or rather return to the values and beliefs this nation was built on. Simply moving because I am unhappy will not solve anything; it will only make it worse.

Don’t get me wrong. As stated before, I do believe in moving for certain reasons. I am strongly considering moving to another state. I do love Texas, but it is very hot and humid here. Summer is quite uncomfortable, and fall is not as pretty as other parts of the nation. My wife used to live in Alabama, and we are considering moving there. It is mountainous, the leaves actually change color in the fall, summer is comfortable, most people are politically in line with what I believe, and it is not so far that I can’t still visit my family.

So, I do agree that moving to be happy is important, but I believe that stating “If you don’t like it leave,” does not take all conditions into consideration.


correct me if I'm wrong but I said I LOVE MY COUNTRY ..... Our founding fathers also fought for our country to make it better for our generation . they fought for our democracy and the colonizers (Spaniards, Americans etc) and you know why I said "if you don't like it leave,"? because living in a country you do not like will make you unhappy and that is the problem .. the way to solve the problem which is being unhappy with the country you live in is LEAVING and finding your happiness with a new one.
chiplg 
68714 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Texas!
Offline
Posted 8/6/09

dustinemarlee wrote:


correct me if I'm wrong but I said I LOVE MY COUNTRY ..... Our founding fathers also fought for our country to make it better for our generation . they fought for our democracy and the colonizers (Spaniards, Americans etc) and you know why I said "if you don't like it leave,"? because living in a country you do not like will make you unhappy and that is the problem .. the way to solve the problem which is being unhappy with the country you live in is LEAVING and finding your happiness with a new one.



I don't belive I made any reference to you loving your country or not. I am only speaking about the statment. "If you don't like it, LEAVE,"

Here is the problem with "If you don't like it leave," It assumes that everything is black and white, right and left, good and evil, etc. The world is not two sided. There are always more circumstances and issues involved. Besides, why should I leave because others change the way things are? Maybe they should have left if they didn't like things. Of course, that isn not reasonable. This is their country too. They are fighting to change the way things are. I intend to fight to change things back.

Please re-read what I wrote. This country may make me unhappy at times, but there is nowhere else that would be better. Besides, this is MY COUNTRY. I don't intend to run. Anywhere I moved to would not be my country. It would be the place I ran away to. There is no happiness there for me. That leaves me with a few choices of what to do, but all of those choices have me stay in this country.

Posted 8/6/09
YES its like heaven !!!!!!!!!!!!!! if only i can stay here longer >_<
4453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Florida
Offline
Posted 8/6/09
of course !~japan roxs my socks XD
2902 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / somewhere in indi...
Offline
Posted 8/7/09
yes!!no matter how bad it is i still loveit!!!but i would like to stay in other countries too....
Posted 8/7/09

chiplg wrote:


dustinemarlee wrote:


correct me if I'm wrong but I said I LOVE MY COUNTRY ..... Our founding fathers also fought for our country to make it better for our generation . they fought for our democracy and the colonizers (Spaniards, Americans etc) and you know why I said "if you don't like it leave,"? because living in a country you do not like will make you unhappy and that is the problem .. the way to solve the problem which is being unhappy with the country you live in is LEAVING and finding your happiness with a new one.



I don't belive I made any reference to you loving your country or not. I am only speaking about the statment. "If you don't like it, LEAVE,"

Here is the problem with "If you don't like it leave," It assumes that everything is black and white, right and left, good and evil, etc. The world is not two sided. There are always more circumstances and issues involved. Besides, why should I leave because others change the way things are? Maybe they should have left if they didn't like things. Of course, that isn not reasonable. This is their country too. They are fighting to change the way things are. I intend to fight to change things back.

Please re-read what I wrote. This country may make me unhappy at times, but there is nowhere else that would be better. Besides, this is MY COUNTRY. I don't intend to run. Anywhere I moved to would not be my country. It would be the place I ran away to. There is no happiness there for me. That leaves me with a few choices of what to do, but all of those choices have me stay in this country.



What will happen to a country if the people do not like it?the country would also suffer, no one can't please everyone and tell them to stay and change the country. if there's a person who does not like the country they are in there's is a tendency that they wouldn't care about anything about their country good or bad.
5281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / 二宮和也の心
Offline
Posted 8/7/09
Yeah I do~
chiplg 
68714 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Texas!
Offline
Posted 8/7/09

dustinemarlee wrote:

What will happen to a country if the people do not like it?the country would also suffer, no one can't please everyone and tell them to stay and change the country. if there's a person who does not like the country they are in there's is a tendency that they wouldn't care about anything about their country good or bad.


Again, things are not so black and white. There are always people that do not like the way things are, and will effect change. There are also people that like the way things are and want them to be that way forever, just as there are people that wish things would go back to the way they were. I never said people HAVE to stay. If a person WANTS to leave, by all means they should go.

The point I'm trying to make is that many people could not find happiness just by moving to a different country. It's just not as easy as changing your hairstyle because you don't like it. If it were that simple, many countries would see a huge turnover in their population.

That's about as plain as I can make it. I think I'll go discuss anime in another forum now.
35699 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Your guess is as...
Offline
Posted 8/8/09
Heck yeah.
31147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F
Offline
Posted 8/16/09
100% yes! i could never live anywhere else! it's awesome! i'm blessed to be here
672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 8/23/09
no
Posted 8/23/09
ha ha ha! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
254 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 8/24/09
YES I LOVE AUSTRALIA AUSSIE AUSSIE
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.