Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Brainwashing kids
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
114
Offline
Posted 6/18/09 , edited 6/21/09
Right now there's this big story here in Canada about a 7 year old girl who was taken away by social services because her parents were teaching her their hateful white supremacist views: http://www.canada.com/news/Girl+said+black+people+should+custody+hearing+told/1628276/story.html

The parents make a very good point about religious people teaching their kids their possibly hateful views. If this child can be taken away on the basis of her parents teaching her hateful ideas, what about all the other kids who get hateful ideas from their parents, usually religious ones? For example, some of the Muslim students in my school say gays should be stoned to death. Many Christians think gays should be executed too. How's that any different than this girl being taught black people deserve to die?

So I don't think the Canadian government should take this girl away if they don't plan on somehow dealing with all the other brainwashing going on. Children shouldn't even be exposed to any serious views on anything until they're old enough to understand them. It's a serious problem when 7 year olds are saying they're Muslim or Christian if they can't even read the Quran or Bible yet. And just like in that Jesus Camp documentary, all their parents' political views and views on everything else also get drilled into their heads from a very young age. I do think that's a serious problem, but I don't think there's anything we can do about it, so the Canadian government is wrong here IMO
Scientist Moderator
digs 
35168 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/18/09 , edited 6/18/09
I think it's child abuse to brainwash kids into hate. In my opinion I think the Canadian government should take the child and put her in a very loving foster home and teach her what her parents did was wrong. However I disagree, I think kids should be taught about God as young as they can. In Christianity we are told to instruct our children with what is right. Kids may not fully understand metaphysics, but in the world they need to know how to react when they hear about God or see religious terrorism in the news. Kids don't understand, which is why they have a thousand questions. I think parents should parent and teach their children the views they hold as right, but in the end when they children mature they have the right and the mind to formulate their own beliefs. but in this specific Canadian case I think the parents should be punished and charged with child abuse.
27269 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Cloud 9.
Offline
Posted 6/18/09
I think that's racist and ignorance at it's finest. If they want to teach their daughter about being a white supremacist let them do so, it's their daughter, she's going to be mentally fucked for life, but it's their kid. They're just being a sack of hypocrites by taking her away from her family. And i saw that documentary about the insane brainwashed 5 year old kids at Christian camp. It saddens me that parents would do that to their children, but hey, who am I to judge. Really, give the girl back to her parents. You're probably doing more harm than good by taking a 7 year old from her parents.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
114
Offline
Posted 6/18/09

digs wrote:

I think it's child abuse to brainwash kids into hate. In my opinion I think the Canadian government should take the child and put her in a very loving foster home and teach her what her parents did was wrong. However I disagree, I think kids should be taught about God as young as they can. In Christianity we are told to instruct our children with what is right. Kids may not fully understand metaphysics, but in the world they need to know how to react when they hear about God or see religious terrorism in the news. Kids don't understand, which is why they have a thousand questions. I think parents should parent and teach their children the views they hold as right, but in the end when they children mature they have the right and the mind to formulate their own beliefs. but in this specific Canadian case I think the parents should be punished and charged with child abuse.


But these parents were just teaching their child what they view as right, the same way Christians are expected to teach their kids what they view as right.
5699 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Superjail
Offline
Posted 6/18/09
I can understand that Social Sefvices don't want her learning that stuff, but she's not their kid. They can't just take a kid away for learning something bad like this. If her parents want her to learn that, then so be it. She can choose when she gets older to continue believing what she has been told, or not.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
35168 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/18/09

Yei wrote:


digs wrote:

I think it's child abuse to brainwash kids into hate. In my opinion I think the Canadian government should take the child and put her in a very loving foster home and teach her what her parents did was wrong. However I disagree, I think kids should be taught about God as young as they can. In Christianity we are told to instruct our children with what is right. Kids may not fully understand metaphysics, but in the world they need to know how to react when they hear about God or see religious terrorism in the news. Kids don't understand, which is why they have a thousand questions. I think parents should parent and teach their children the views they hold as right, but in the end when they children mature they have the right and the mind to formulate their own beliefs. but in this specific Canadian case I think the parents should be punished and charged with child abuse.


But these parents were just teaching their child what they view as right, the same way Christians are expected to teach their kids what they view as right.


They may have been doing the same things, but they are not equal. They may have been teaching their kids what they think is right, but the parents of this child did not do it for religious reasons and stated they did it out of a pride for their white heritage and a hate of multiculturalism. Here are two quotes from the article that say that.




"(The mother) made it clear that multiculturalism was the poison of society and she was proud to be able to influence her daughter that way,"



On Monday, the mother told CTV, “I mean, I grew up in a very Christian home. I am not Christian. It doesn’t matter what our parents teach us, we’re all going to grow into our own individuals and we’re all going to make our own choices in life. You can’t sit there and tell a Muslim family that they cannot teach their children Islam, because there are some people who take it to an extreme. Just because certain people take white nationalism to extremes doesn’t mean that I am,” the mother said.


This woman had the same reasoning, but her basis was hate and supremacy. When your basis for parenting is hate and supremacy then you give up your right to raise your children because hate is not only illegal, but wrong morally and socially. The same goes for Christian and Muslim parents who teach hate to kids. A prime example is Westboro Baptist Church and Islamic extremism.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
114
Offline
Posted 6/18/09

digs wrote:

They may have been doing the same things, but they are not equal. They may have been teaching their kids what they think is right, but the parents of this child did not do it for religious reasons and stated they did it out of a pride for their white heritage and a hate of multiculturalism. Here are two quotes from the article that say that.




"(The mother) made it clear that multiculturalism was the poison of society and she was proud to be able to influence her daughter that way,"



On Monday, the mother told CTV, “I mean, I grew up in a very Christian home. I am not Christian. It doesn’t matter what our parents teach us, we’re all going to grow into our own individuals and we’re all going to make our own choices in life. You can’t sit there and tell a Muslim family that they cannot teach their children Islam, because there are some people who take it to an extreme. Just because certain people take white nationalism to extremes doesn’t mean that I am,” the mother said.


This woman had the same reasoning, but her basis was hate and supremacy. When your basis for parenting is hate and supremacy then you give up your right to raise your children because hate is not only illegal, but wrong morally and socially. The same goes for Christian and Muslim parents who teach hate to kids. A prime example is Westboro Baptist Church and Islamic extremism.


So should the government do something about Christian and Muslim families that teach their kids hate?
Scientist Moderator
digs 
35168 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 6/18/09

Yei wrote:


digs wrote:

They may have been doing the same things, but they are not equal. They may have been teaching their kids what they think is right, but the parents of this child did not do it for religious reasons and stated they did it out of a pride for their white heritage and a hate of multiculturalism. Here are two quotes from the article that say that.




"(The mother) made it clear that multiculturalism was the poison of society and she was proud to be able to influence her daughter that way,"



On Monday, the mother told CTV, “I mean, I grew up in a very Christian home. I am not Christian. It doesn’t matter what our parents teach us, we’re all going to grow into our own individuals and we’re all going to make our own choices in life. You can’t sit there and tell a Muslim family that they cannot teach their children Islam, because there are some people who take it to an extreme. Just because certain people take white nationalism to extremes doesn’t mean that I am,” the mother said.


This woman had the same reasoning, but her basis was hate and supremacy. When your basis for parenting is hate and supremacy then you give up your right to raise your children because hate is not only illegal, but wrong morally and socially. The same goes for Christian and Muslim parents who teach hate to kids. A prime example is Westboro Baptist Church and Islamic extremism.


So should the government do something about Christian and Muslim families that teach their kids hate?


First, I think the Christians and Muslims should deal with them. They should calmly tell those families what they are doing is wrong and lovingly bring them back into the truth of what the religion teaches. If the parents keep up with hate and show that they are doing illegal things, that's when the communities should let the authorities know what is going on. Then the government should press charges against the parents and should be ruled in court, and if the parents still don't change I would take the children into a foster care system or put the children in a home with a qualified relative. Splitting families apart should be the last option.
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 6/18/09 , edited 6/18/09
Is it really only muslims and christians who dont believe in homosexuality? Really now a lot of asain countries do not allow homosexal marriages and Indian, African, the list goes on so lets not just single out these two groups as the main driving factor around the world. I agree with Digs we are suppose to instruct them to what is right and wrong. My parents coming up was not in support of homosexuality but never told me that I need to kill them as well. They already taught me what my religion says about it and in the Quran and probably in the bible it doesnt tell us to go out and hunt these people down. Everyone hates something in this world it is the individual who decides on how far this hate goes.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
114
Offline
Posted 6/18/09

drizza wrote:

Is it really only muslims and christians who dont believe in homosexuality? Really now a lot of asain countries do not allow homosexal marriages and Indian, African, the list goes on so lets not just single out these two groups as the main driving factor around the world. I agree with Digs we are suppose to instruct them to what is right and wrong. My parents coming up was not in support of homosexuality but never told me that I need to kill them as well. They already taught me what my religion says about it and in the Quran and probably in the bible it doesnt tell us to go out and hunt these people down. Everyone hates something in this world it is the individual who decides on how far this hate goes.


I was talking about the Muslims and Christians who are taught homosexuals need to be killed. That's very different from just "not believing in homosexuality" (whatever that means lol), they are taught that God and their religion says it's right to kill people because they are gay.
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 6/18/09 , edited 6/18/09

Yei wrote:


drizza wrote:

Is it really only muslims and christians who dont believe in homosexuality? Really now a lot of asain countries do not allow homosexal marriages and Indian, African, the list goes on so lets not just single out these two groups as the main driving factor around the world. I agree with Digs we are suppose to instruct them to what is right and wrong. My parents coming up was not in support of homosexuality but never told me that I need to kill them as well. They already taught me what my religion says about it and in the Quran and probably in the bible it doesnt tell us to go out and hunt these people down. Everyone hates something in this world it is the individual who decides on how far this hate goes.


I was talking about the Muslims and Christians who are taught homosexuals need to be killed. That's very different from just "not believing in homosexuality" (whatever that means lol), they are taught that God and their religion says it's right to kill people because they are gay.


I was speaking in general but when I said believing in it I chose the wrong choice of words. I should have said agreed with. I havent came across any muslim so far who are taught this and it cant be taught in Islam becaise the Quran doesnt say it. Some countries like the many in Africa such as Kenya, Ethiopia etc kill them.
139158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Georgia
Offline
Posted 6/18/09
i don't understand what goes through a parents' mind when they make their child believe that stuff, that people that don't look like you should die or anything similar to that.
139158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Georgia
Offline
Posted 6/18/09
i don't understand what goes through a parents' mind when they make their child believe that stuff, that people that don't look like you should die or anything similar t
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
114
Offline
Posted 6/18/09

drizza wrote:


Yei wrote:


drizza wrote:

Is it really only muslims and christians who dont believe in homosexuality? Really now a lot of asain countries do not allow homosexal marriages and Indian, African, the list goes on so lets not just single out these two groups as the main driving factor around the world. I agree with Digs we are suppose to instruct them to what is right and wrong. My parents coming up was not in support of homosexuality but never told me that I need to kill them as well. They already taught me what my religion says about it and in the Quran and probably in the bible it doesnt tell us to go out and hunt these people down. Everyone hates something in this world it is the individual who decides on how far this hate goes.


I was talking about the Muslims and Christians who are taught homosexuals need to be killed. That's very different from just "not believing in homosexuality" (whatever that means lol), they are taught that God and their religion says it's right to kill people because they are gay.


I was speaking in general but when I said believing in it I chose the wrong choice of words. I should have said agreed with. I havent came across any muslim so far who are taught this and it cant be taught in Islam becaise the Quran doesnt say it. Some countries like the many in Africa such as Kenya, Ethiopia etc kill them.


Yeah but people get alot of guidance from Hadiths as well:



I can see where alot of Muslims might get the idea that homosexuals should be dealt with so harshly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OvVd3VH3f4

Parents could easily be teaching their kids this stuff.
1946 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Labyrinth of Amala
Offline
Posted 6/18/09
Government doesn't need to be telling people how to raise their family (as long as it's not abuse or causes actual harm to others).

Most of you politically correct idiots would enjoy a "Thought Czar".
Because you're not capable of independent critical thinking.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.