First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Alternate Honey & Clover
Moderator
8769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / small red dot
Offline
Posted 12/27/07
hmm that a hard one very hard to find anime that can be compent with honey and clover???
Moderator
5886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Inisde your imagi...
Offline
Posted 12/27/07
There is some, but I dont know if they are that good like Honey and Clover...
Member
14148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Jakarta, Indonesia
Offline
Posted 12/29/07
i can't seem to think of any other anime that's as good as H&C
gomen... ^___^;
Posted 12/29/07
i can't think of any that's similar. on one hand i wanna watch more of it's kind but on the other hand i'm also happy that none other anime can come close to being like it.

though maybe i suggest you to pick up some slice of life anime. Kimikiss pure rouge is directed by the director of H&C (and also has the kind of watercolor feel) But i can't say much about that anime since it didn't attract me..
Moderator
8769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / small red dot
Offline
Posted 12/29/07
honey and clover to me it the best slice of life anime it did what other anime dont dare to do by ending with a bittersweet ending and not a happy ever after ending ,that is why i love it so much i real life you may never really get what you want, who you like but its ok life goes on
Member
14148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Jakarta, Indonesia
Offline
Posted 12/30/07
that's right. the ending felt bittersweet but it happens in real life.
at some point we need to move on with our life, leaving the ppl (that we love) behind.

yea.. so far it's the best anime that i've ever watched ~___~
(and i so wanna read the manga ^^;)
Member
530 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Penang
Offline
Posted 12/30/07
I can't think of any other slice of life anime that's as good as H&C and i agree with you, Dj_Knightmare about how the feeling is like when you know it's ending. So one solution is to rewatch!

@accw: You know what other anime has a bittersweet ending? Paradise Kiss. I couldn't sleep thinking about it. Sheesh. Harsh.
Moderator
8769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / small red dot
Offline
Posted 12/30/07

shou_aki wrote:

I can't think of any other slice of life anime that's as good as H&C and i agree with you, Dj_Knightmare about how the feeling is like when you know it's ending. So one solution is to rewatch!

@accw: You know what other anime has a bittersweet ending? Paradise Kiss. I couldn't sleep thinking about it. Sheesh. Harsh.


oo i have heard of this one but never get to see it
Moderator
8769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / small red dot
Offline
Posted 12/30/07

Dj_Knightmare wrote:


shou_aki wrote:

I can't think of any other slice of life anime that's as good as H&C and i agree with you, Dj_Knightmare about how the feeling is like when you know it's ending. So one solution is to rewatch!


Rewatching it is a gd idea, except that all the episodes on my hard drive were wiped off along with 140 GB of stuff, so no more gd quality H&C lol


well than go download all over again lol
Member
530 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Penang
Offline
Posted 12/31/07

accw wrote:


shou_aki wrote:

I can't think of any other slice of life anime that's as good as H&C and i agree with you, Dj_Knightmare about how the feeling is like when you know it's ending. So one solution is to rewatch!

@accw: You know what other anime has a bittersweet ending? Paradise Kiss. I couldn't sleep thinking about it. Sheesh. Harsh.


oo i have heard of this one but never get to see it


I saw it on Animax. Not sure if you can get it online though. I don't plan to download it coz it's heartbreaking!
Moderator
8769 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / small red dot
Offline
Posted 12/31/07

shou_aki wrote:


accw wrote:


shou_aki wrote:

I can't think of any other slice of life anime that's as good as H&C and i agree with you, Dj_Knightmare about how the feeling is like when you know it's ending. So one solution is to rewatch!

@accw: You know what other anime has a bittersweet ending? Paradise Kiss. I couldn't sleep thinking about it. Sheesh. Harsh.


oo i have heard of this one but never get to see it


I saw it on Animax. Not sure if you can get it online though. I don't plan to download it coz it's heartbreaking!


i know veoh have it but its in jap but english sub
Member
2384 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 12/31/07
The Nodame no Cantabile anime is similar, only because they have the same art style and are slices of life. Nodame is focused around music though, instead of art.
Member
2468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / In my prickly cac...
Offline
Posted 1/9/08
I loved Honey and Clover, so I decided to check out some other works by Chica Umino. Her newest (I think) manga called March Comes Like a Lion is just as excellent as H&C... Hopefully, you'll remember this by the time it comes out because its... new, and it's a manga, not an anime. Sooo.... XD The main character looks like Mayama, but shorter and... younger. It's a bit like H&C... Both involving talent and a bittersweet romance story. =3
Member
4614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / In my country, my...
Offline
Posted 1/12/08

illuminous wrote:

The Nodame no Cantabile anime is similar, only because they have the same art style and are slices of life. Nodame is focused around music though, instead of art.


i was about to say that. .. yeah Nodame Cantabile is kinda similar to H&C
Member
761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/18/08

cactushead1010 wrote:

I loved Honey and Clover, so I decided to check out some other works by Chica Umino. Her newest (I think) manga called March Comes Like a Lion is just as excellent as H&C... Hopefully, you'll remember this by the time it comes out because its... new, and it's a manga, not an anime. Sooo.... XD The main character looks like Mayama, but shorter and... younger. It's a bit like H&C... Both involving talent and a bittersweet romance story. =3


wow! thanks for the latest info! but any anime by Chica Umino that precedes H&C?

Some people recommended Bokura ga Ita but i stopped watching after the first few episodes -_-".

First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.