First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
ONE FUTURE, you can't change it, your born with it.
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 6/25/09

Daniel9878 wrote:
By who?

We'll i should not have used the word decided,
what i was trying to say was that the future will always be the future
and that is certain when you are born, you will have that future, for if not, it was not your future



Like what?

like getting married after meeting a realy nice girl, you were always going to meet her
like meeting a sucessful family member and wanting to follow in thier footsteps and follow thier career

no matter how many times you are reborn in the same place and same time, you will still make the same choices



Why not?

Because all the choices you make, you were going to make anyway
if you were reborn at the same time and same place, you would still make those choices
in that, your free will is all effected by the person you are born as




There still has to be someone who determines our future. Predetermination cannot exist without a sentient being to predetermine it.

So, again, who decides our future?
636 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Andromeda
Offline
Posted 6/25/09






Yes, you may end up drowned but the point is that you won't stand idly by and just accept this fate, but instead you will keep struggling, even though at that moment you couldn't tell if your fate to die drowned or to survive.

Now, the person who sins knowingly, like a drowning person, if he doesn't try to repent, then this is his own choice to drown because he can't tell that God chose him to not repent all his life so why doesn't he try to, as he would do if he was drowning ?

Verily never will God change the condition of a people until they change it themselves [Quran 13:11]

And those who strive hard in Us,- We will certainly guide them to Our Paths [Quran 29:69]
3229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 6/25/09

Daniel9878 wrote:


openmindedatheist wrote:


chickmei wrote:


Daniel9878 wrote:

Do not read this if you get confused easily (lack of brain power)



There is only one future
If the proposed future did not come to pass, then it was not the future
therefore the future will all ways be the future and you cannot change it

In a persons life, the events that take place are his/her future
if not, well then it is not their future

The only thing that effects a persons future/ outcome/ actions is the body and mind they're born with
and where they are born, the place they are born cannot be changed, neither is it the child's choice
because everything they do in the future will always come to pass, it is and always will be the future

All the external factors to your choices and dessicions were all part of the future
Everything you do, was all decided the moment you we're born
and everything that happens later in life is the effect of external forces that were gonna happen anyway.
There is no such thing as free will

The only way you can change your future, is change who you are when you are born, your very essence.
and if you are a believer in god, well then he controls who you are born as
therefore he controls your future and judges you for his choice


FUTURE.. no one knows... as long as one person lives... he doesn't know what comes next..
When we were young... were totally dependent on our parents... but if we grow older enough.. we can now become independent person...

maybe your trying to say that.. since were not born yet.. still conceive in the womb of our mother.. we were already have a future.. it's kind a book in heaven..which only GOD'S knows...

However ... as my STATUS MESSAGE SAYS..... "THE BEST WAY TO PREDICT THE FUTURE IS TO CREATE IT"... SO NO NEED TO stay behind and just wait for your future to come... we need to move and not merely saying my future was already written and this is it.. i can do nothing.. that's absolutely WRONG....!!!!!

but still we need to live on PRESENT.. not the PAST and NOT the FUTURE... but it's not bad to predict the future..if you really want to...


Yes and predicting the future really isnt too hard, allbeit complex. With the right algorythm and set of odds we can predict the future in a mathematical way and change it for the better. So the point of this thread is meaningless and can't be validated because modern science has already disproven the erratic, unsound RAMBLING of the person who started who started this topic. Seriously, after I read the first post of this thread my IQ dropped 8 points. With all do respect.



You can't change the future

What comes to past would have been the future

no matter what happens, no matter what mathematitions or scientists do to change the future, all they are doing is setting the future
because the future was/is anything that comes to present and past



Alright... But what you said dosent really make sense. Are you saying that if someone changes the future, then it was meant to be changed? If that is the case, there is still no way to back that theory up.
838 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 6/30/09 , edited 6/30/09
I'm going to play the Devil's advocate here and call you out on your bullshit.

While it's true that we can only really exist in one future (seriously...someone can't be a retired rich millionare AND a retired married person with grandchildren simultaneously)(well, I guess you can, but I hope you understand what I meant there -_-'), but, whichever of those futures that individual WANTS, and WORKS TOWARDS, is what future they will get. It is not written in the stars that Person A will become a millionare, if he/she wants to focus more on their family/home life rather than their career. It's THEIR CHOICE.

Life is comprised of choices. We come in contact with them every day. "Should I skip breakfast today, or not?" "Should I tell off my boss, or suck it up?" And each consequence of THOSE choices, leads to even MORE choices branching off those. And after that goes on for a while you find that there's an entire WEB of possible choices you have or could have made. An infinite number of choices. While it's true that, in the end, you can only live ONE of those MILLIONS of possible existences formed by your choices, you could just as easily have ended up any ANY one of those other existences as well.


So, sorry, but I don't agree. Anyone who tries to tell me my life is ordained by some higher power can suck it. No offense.
Posted 6/30/09
Ha ha ha bs i am in charge of my own life and I will always be, If i want to kill my family tonight i can or if if want to get a good paying i will work hard for it. God has nothing to do it, but will judge me accordingly by my actions that I have done to get there lol, what your thinking of is fate.
Posted 6/30/09
Just pay the bills or we will cut your cox off.
3229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/1/09
I thought that was a pretty creative signature as well.
20259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / The centroid of a...
Online
Posted 7/1/09
I believe what the OP is trying to get at is something along the lines of:
"You cannot change fate, if you do then it was your fate to change fate, so in the end you've changed nothing."

Let's dissect this some more. So we are inclined to try and predict our futures, we set some certain trajectory to aim our cannons of fate towards, but we are not infallible. The trajectories we set, try as we might to be as accurate as possible, sometimes just doesn't work out. This is where we get disillusioned about 'changing' our fate, when the actual course of events to take place are a deviation from our initially predicted framework of the future. We call this phenomenon a changing of fate.

So then what is fate? What is commonly subconsciously seen as fate is not what will happen in the future, no, it's what we think will happen in the future. Well tough, sorry to break it to you but sometimes we think wrong, we fuck up. So the future ends up something completely different from what we expected, did we change fate? No, come off it, who do you think you are? We just tried to predict the future and failed horribly, we didn't change anything.
1581 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / canada
Offline
Posted 7/1/09
the problem with a "fate" or "destiny" argument is that theres no way to prove it right or wrong, so in the end its all opinion and nothing else
31 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/2/09

Daniel9878 wrote:

Do not read this if you get confused easily (lack of brain power)



There is only one future
If the proposed future did not come to pass, then it was not the future
therefore the future will all ways be the future and you cannot change it

In a persons life, the events that take place are his/her future
if not, well then it is not their future

The only thing that effects a persons future/ outcome/ actions is the body and mind they're born with
and where they are born, the place they are born cannot be changed, neither is it the child's choice
because everything they do in the future will always come to pass, it is and always will be the future

All the external factors to your choices and dessicions were all part of the future
Everything you do, was all decided the moment you we're born
and everything that happens later in life is the effect of external forces that were gonna happen anyway.
There is no such thing as free will

The only way you can change your future, is change who you are when you are born, your very essence.
and if you are a believer in god, well then he controls who you are born as
therefore he controls your future and judges you for his choice








Welcome to the world of semantics. Even non-deterministic physics has only one possibility, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to know what that is before it has come to pass. Thus to say that any one future exist is semantics, because while only one does exist, we have no way of telling which of the infinite numbers it is.

So when you involve an omniscient deity, does said deity know the future? Well, now we get into the semantics of omniscient. Maybe they know everything which is possible to know, but not what is impossible to know due to the nature of it's existence (such as the position and velocity of an electron, because it does not have a point which we just cannot know, but it does not have a point at all, but a probability). The thing is, existence in our universe is not always discrete, and the future could likely be non-discrete.

30 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Earth, on the top...
Offline
Posted 10/26/10
I understand this So you're saying that everyone is born with one future. You make decisions that can change the outcome, but it doesn't matter because it is still your future. So if you had two choices and had to make a decision that could make your future go either way, that is part of your future. Making that decision leads to the future that you were going to reach as soon as you were born. The unchosen decision was not your future, and never was. It was merely a factor of reaching the future that was yours to begin with. It is all decided, and the paths you take lead to it. You cannot change your future, as it is all set for you. The decisions you make direct you closer to the future that was given to you. I get what you're saying here ^_^
20259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / The centroid of a...
Online
Posted 10/26/10

KagiNoHikari wrote:

I understand this So you're saying that everyone is born with one future. You make decisions that can change the outcome, but it doesn't matter because it is still your future. So if you had two choices and had to make a decision that could make your future go either way, that is part of your future. Making that decision leads to the future that you were going to reach as soon as you were born. The unchosen decision was not your future, and never was. It was merely a factor of reaching the future that was yours to begin with. It is all decided, and the paths you take lead to it. You cannot change your future, as it is all set for you. The decisions you make direct you closer to the future that was given to you. I get what you're saying here ^_^


Congratulations, I think you're the only person who got what the OP was saying. As I already stated a few months ago in my previous post:
"You cannot change fate, if you do then it was your fate to change fate. So in the end you changed nothing at all."
30 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Earth, on the top...
Offline
Posted 10/26/10
Hahaa exactly. What you said explains it all.
30 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Earth, on the top...
Offline
Posted 10/26/10
Awwww, my quote didn't work XD, can't you tell I'm new to this? XD
Posted 10/26/10

KagiNoHikari wrote:

I understand this So you're saying that everyone is born with one future. You make decisions that can change the outcome, but it doesn't matter because it is still your future. So if you had two choices and had to make a decision that could make your future go either way, that is part of your future. Making that decision leads to the future that you were going to reach as soon as you were born. The unchosen decision was not your future, and never was. It was merely a factor of reaching the future that was yours to begin with. It is all decided, and the paths you take lead to it. You cannot change your future, as it is all set for you. The decisions you make direct you closer to the future that was given to you. I get what you're saying here ^_^

excalion wrote:



Congratulations, I think you're the only person who got what the OP was saying. As I already stated a few months ago in my previous post:
"You cannot change fate, if you do then it was your fate to change fate. So in the end you changed nothing at all."
Actually, both of you are wrong about human individuals making their own decision based on their own free wills. When the fact that humans as social animals can be manipulated by others at their own individual decision-making process.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.