First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Islam - Sexual Perversion
4930 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Singapore
Offline
Posted 7/1/09 , edited 7/1/09
Sexual Perversion in Islam

by IE Blog

05 May, 2007
Pedophilia

Let me begin with a quote from a fatwa by the late and unlamented Ayatollah Khomeini of Iran.

"A man can marry a girl younger than nine years of age, even if the girl is still a baby being breastfed. A man, however is prohibited from having intercourse with a girl younger than nine, other sexual acts such as foreplay, rubbing, kissing and sodomy is allowed. A man having intercourse with a girl younger than nine years of age has not committed a crime, but only an infraction, if the girl is not permanently damaged. If the girl, however, is permanently damaged, the man must provide for her all her life. But this girl will not count as one of the man's four permanent wives. He also is not permitted to marry the girl's sister."

You need not fear that your Muslim male baby-sitter will rape your 7-year-old daughter. If he is a good he will only sodomize her. If he does force his penis into her tiny vagina he is obligated to pay for any surgical repairs that may be required. If those repairs are deemed insufficient you may work out a financial settlement to compensate you for his trivial infraction. No big deal. Muslim boys will be Muslim boys. And, after all, she is only a girl.

Other forms of sexual abuse inflicted on children by Muslim male family members include fondling of genitals, coercing a child to fondle the abuser's genitals, masturbation with the child as either participant or observer, oral sex, anal or vaginal penetration by penis, finger or any other object. Another technique used by Muslim men is called "thighing". The child's legs are pressed together and the abuser inserts his penis between the thighs of the little boy or girl. As this was how Mohammed had sex with his wife, Aisha, from the time she was six years old the practice, of course, was approved of by Ayatollah Khomeini who in his Little Green Book asserted “It is not illegal for an adult male to 'thigh' or enjoy a young girl who is still in the age of weaning; meaning to place his penis between her thighs, and to kiss her.” Yes, indeed, you can be a good Muslim while copulating with the thighs of an infant. An Arab woman vigorously denounces this vile practice in the following video clip from Bahrain TV Click http://terror-watch.net/media/womans_rights_islam.wmv . Her denunciation of the "thighing" of infants and young girls comes towards the end of the interview.

This practice flourishes in Muslim countries where women are ruthlessly oppressed and normal sexual development systematically suppressed. That would include the Arab world, Iran, Pakistan and Afghanistan. Deny men wholesome and natural sexual outlets and they will find unwholesome and unnatural alternatives.

The Grand Ayatollah's full ruling on marriage can be found here http://www.homa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=56&Itemid=53. The institution of "temporary marriage" appears to be designed to facilitate prostitution. A USA Today article tells the story http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2005-05-04-pleasure-marriage_x.htm

I have provided the links. Ayatollah Khomeini is marja or source of emulation in the Muslim world. Of course, he would be basing his judgment in the Koran

Homosexuality

Islam has the effect of denying Muslim boys and girls the opportunity to develop their sexuality in a normal, wholesome fashion. The public mixing of sexes is prohibited by Islam although it may be tolerated by the secular governments of most Muslim nations. Denied the opportunity to have normal heterosexual experiences during adolescence and frequently the victims of sexual abuse by male relatives while they were growing up it is no wonder that Muslims are much more likely than infidels to find romance and sexual gratification in homosexual relationships. The following excerpt from a piece published in a gay and lesbian publication gives one a notion of Muslim sexuality in Saudi Arabia.

"Ibrahim bin Abdullah bin Ghaith, the head of the religious police (the Committee for the Prevention of Vice and the Promotion of Virtue) acknowledged, in unusually tempered language, that there are gay Saudis, while also speaking of the need "to educate the young" about this "vice". But he denied media reports that gay and lesbian relationships were the norm in the strictly segregated schools and colleges, that homosexuality "is spreading".

In an unprecedented two-page special investigation, the daily newspaper Okaz said lesbianism was "endemic" among schoolgirls. It justified the article with a saying of the Prophet's wife Ayeshathat "there should be no shyness in religion". The article told of lesbian sex in school lavatories, girls stigmatised after refusing the advances of their fellow students, and teachers complaining that none of the girls were willing to change their behaviour.

Mr Ghaith dismissed a suggestion that he should send his "enforcers" to investigate. Armed with sticks, they routinely hunt down men and women in public they suspect may not be directly related. "This perversion is found in all countries," he told Okaz. "The number [of homosexuals] here is small ..." That assessment is contradicted by teachers and students who say that, in the absence of other outlets, a "gay" subculture has inevitably flourished among youth.

"A particularly beautiful boy always gets top marks in the exams because he's some teacher's favourite," said Mohammed, an English teacher in a government high school in Riyadh. "On the other hand, I know many older boys who deliberately flunked their final exams so they can stay ... with their younger sweethearts."

Ahmed, 19, a student at a private college in Jeddah, said there was no shame in having a boyfriend in his private high school. Although he firmly rejected the label "gay", he admitted that he now has a "special friend" in college, too. "It's those who don't have a boy who are ashamed to admit it. We introduce our boy to our friends as 'al walid hagi' [the boy who belongs to me]. At the beginning of term, we always check out the new boys to see which are the most 'helu' [sweet] and think of ways to get to know them."

Gay marriage is not the contemporary invention of decadent Western civilization. The Egyptian city of Siwa has for centuries legitimized and celebrated marriages between Muslim men. No other community has done more to suppress heterosexual behavior thereby making homosexuality the norm. A gay cruising guide http://www.gayegypt.com/gayguidtosiw.html to Siwa provides both historical background and tips on finding gay sex partners in that city -- truly a no-brainer. Gay marriage is also practiced in Afghanistan. News reports documenting that fact and others about rampant Afghan homosexuality can be found here. Paradoxical though it may be, Islam calls for the severe punishment of homosexuality while at the same time working diligently to make that forbidden practice more attractive. An excellent analysis can be found here http://www.frontpagemag.com/readArticle.aspx?ARTID=20145.

If you have a particular interest in the Islamic persecution of homosexuals al-bab.com is a good place to pursue it further. As this form of barbarity is inflicted on Muslims by Muslims and is relatively rare I will not dwell on the matter much further. The overwhelming majority of homosexuals who have been murdered by Muslims died because they were infidels. Count the millions murdered and multiply by whatever percentage incidence of homosexuality you fancy. You will get a very, very large number in return.

Bestiality

Is there a proper Muslim way to have sex with animals? Indeed, there is! Guidelines for sex with animals can be found in the writings of Ayatollah Khomeini. Two excerpts from his writings serve to clarify the matter.

"A man can have sex with sheep, cows and camels and so on. However, he should kill the animal after he has his orgasm. He should not sell the meat to the people in his own village; however, selling the meat to the next door village should be fine." Don't the buyers deserve a discount of some kind?

Khomeini's "Tahrirolvasyleh" fourth volume, Darol Elm, Gom, Iran, 1990

"If one commits the act of sodomy with a cow, a ewe, or a camel, their urine and their excrement become impure, and even their milk may no longer be consumed. The animal must then be killed and as quickly as possible and burned." What if it was really good and invites another lap or two? Must animals always be one-night stands?

http://www.islam-watch.org/IW/aboutus.htm

I am totally shocked. Can our brothers or sisters in Islam shed light on this artcle? Might be due to the psyche of the people who adheres to Islam in the past? No insults/defamation please.
1581 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / canada
Offline
Posted 7/1/09
i don't really have a lot of time at the moment, i will come back to this later when i do.

But i just want to say, you may want to consider other sources of information, getting all your information from one source can be madly misleading.

Also, i want to say that questioning a religion based on the views of one man is wrong and unjustified, I skimmed thru teh article and have never heard of these things before (some things are believable but still haven't heard).

If you want a good source of information on Islam, i suggest you look up some notable sheikhs of today, such as Sheikh Humza Yusuf (spelling may differ slightly). He is one of the most renowned sheikhs in the world and appeals greatly to western minds. Also look up Dr. Zakir Naik, a very knowledgeable man who really knows what he is talking about.
13136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Europe
Offline
Posted 7/1/09 , edited 7/1/09
Religions are religions. Even it's inhumane to do such things. We can't do anything about it. After all, it's in their beliefs to do these things.
If you were in that situation, I'm almost certain that even you wouldn't protest about this.



Also, 05 May, 2007



It's fairly old .__.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 7/1/09
Just because some Muslim guy says it doesn't mean it's a part of Islam. All this info looks like it's coming from ridiculous sources, if it's not from the Quran or a legitimate Hadith then there's no way you can say it's actually part of what Islam teaches.

And you need to separate the actions of Muslims from the teachings of Islam, just because some Muslims blow themselves up or oppress people doesn't mean it's allowed by Islam.
1581 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / canada
Offline
Posted 7/1/09

Yei wrote:

Just because some Muslim guy says it doesn't mean it's a part of Islam. All this info looks like it's coming from ridiculous sources, if it's not from the Quran or a legitimate Hadith then there's no way you can say it's actually part of what Islam teaches.

And you need to separate the actions of Muslims from the teachings of Islam, just because some Muslims blow themselves up or oppress people doesn't mean it's allowed by Islam.


couldn't have said it better myself, glad to see there are still minds out there not falling prey to the media
253 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / SYDNEY AUSTRALIA
Offline
Posted 7/1/09
Completely stupid blog to begin with. Culture is totally different from religion. Get the two mixed up, add in xenophobia then you come up with a garbage blog like that.
4930 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Singapore
Offline
Posted 7/1/09
Here's a source providing an Islamic evidence http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/prepubescent.htm
4930 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Singapore
Offline
Posted 7/1/09

Yei wrote:

Just because some Muslim guy says it doesn't mean it's a part of Islam. All this info looks like it's coming from ridiculous sources, if it's not from the Quran or a legitimate Hadith then there's no way you can say it's actually part of what Islam teaches.

And you need to separate the actions of Muslims from the teachings of Islam, just because some Muslims blow themselves up or oppress people doesn't mean it's allowed by Islam.


Have you read the Koran? In particular, Muhammed(the prophet) taking a nine-year old girl as a wife? The article is based on Islamic evidences I think.
4930 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Singapore
Offline
Posted 7/1/09

meowzy wrote:

Completely stupid blog to begin with. Culture is totally different from religion. Get the two mixed up, add in xenophobia then you come up with a garbage blog like that.


Though religion and culture are intertwined, these clerics release Fatwa that are largely based on the teaching of their prophet as recorded in their holy book.
4930 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Singapore
Offline
Posted 7/1/09
Saudi grand mufti endorses sexual perversion in Islam
By Grace | January 15, 2009
So, here we have it. The ‘powerful’ grand mufti in Saudi Arabia, Abdul Aziz al-Sheikh states it is perfectly reasonable for girls as young as ten to be married off and those in opposition to this are doing these ‘brides’ an injustice. According to the grand mufti, Islamic sharia law is “not unjust for women”.

Really?

The grand mufti and the supporters of sharia, many of whom live in Canada, would be wise to recognize the growing number of Muslims and non-Muslims alike who directly oppose such extremist rhetoric. Visit muslimsagainstsharia.blogspot.com for a sample of such opposition.

I ask the mufti, why start at ten? why not two or three? Heck, why not negotiate the arrangemnt in vitro? I would also ask why, if marriage is condoned for a girl of ten, is she not marrying a boy of her own age? Why is she betrothed to a man old enough to be her great grandfather? Could it be that sexual perversion in Islam is a holy mandate and through this perversion, the countless lives of young girls are stolen to satisfy the sexual urges of old men? Could it be that sharia’s very existence depends upon condemning women to lives of servitude?

It is my contention that one of the primary reasons sharia law exists is to provide Muslim men an exit out of reason and morality, a cushion to provide mass ignorance a comfortable place to reside, with women being the collective scapegoats; the group identified as perfect slaves under Allah, (pnbwh). Without sharia, men in Islam would have to exist with women on an equal basis, a concept considered outrageous and immoral to many a Muslim mind. A concept far too western; far too Christian; far too un-Islamic.

But what would I know? I hail from a western nation where society provides opportunities for girls to grow up along side boys as individuals with choice, as whole women and men with value, unencumbered by ancient, holy regulation spewed by decrepid geriatrics; a society which does not condone the rape and slavery of minors to perpetuate the ignorance of Quaranic passages; a society which does not trade the lives of girls to satisfy the perverted demands of Muslim men who would otherwise be left by the wayside without the reliance of a holy creed.

My daughter is eleven and according to Abdul Aziz al-Sheikh she is of ripe age to marry a seventy year old if she were a Saudi. Likewise, my son is twelve and according to sharia (and if he too were Saudi), free to pursue his life unencumbered by the threat of slavery. The grand mufti speaks of injustice and, indeed there is. The only injustice however, lies in the stolen lives of girls, rampant Muslim misogyny and the sexual perversion Islam endorses.

http://vladtepesblog.com/?p=4682
253 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / SYDNEY AUSTRALIA
Offline
Posted 7/1/09

kitoka wrote:


meowzy wrote:

Completely stupid blog to begin with. Culture is totally different from religion. Get the two mixed up, add in xenophobia then you come up with a garbage blog like that.


Though religion and culture are intertwined, these clerics release Fatwa that are largely based on the teaching of their prophet as recorded in their holy book.


And yet we take it as if one certain culture is teaching something in claim of Islam, we still say all Muslims believe in this. Just like not all Muslims wear the Hijab but clearly it's just fact now because people can't draw distinctions between religion and culture.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 7/1/09 , edited 7/1/09

kitoka wrote:


Yei wrote:

Just because some Muslim guy says it doesn't mean it's a part of Islam. All this info looks like it's coming from ridiculous sources, if it's not from the Quran or a legitimate Hadith then there's no way you can say it's actually part of what Islam teaches.

And you need to separate the actions of Muslims from the teachings of Islam, just because some Muslims blow themselves up or oppress people doesn't mean it's allowed by Islam.


Have you read the Koran? In particular, Muhammed(the prophet) taking a nine-year old girl as a wife? The article is based on Islamic evidences I think.


I don't think the Quran talks about who the prophet got married to. I have heard that he married a nine-year old but that doesn't explain all the things said in the article. And alot of it is irrelevant. What happens in those Arab societies is irrelevant to what the Quran and Islam teaches.

You need to post what verses of the Quran justify any of this, otherwise there's no credibility.
4930 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Singapore
Offline
Posted 7/1/09

Yei wrote:


kitoka wrote:


Yei wrote:

Just because some Muslim guy says it doesn't mean it's a part of Islam. All this info looks like it's coming from ridiculous sources, if it's not from the Quran or a legitimate Hadith then there's no way you can say it's actually part of what Islam teaches.

And you need to separate the actions of Muslims from the teachings of Islam, just because some Muslims blow themselves up or oppress people doesn't mean it's allowed by Islam.


Have you read the Koran? In particular, Muhammed(the prophet) taking a nine-year old girl as a wife? The article is based on Islamic evidences I think.


I don't think the Quran talks about who the prophet got married to. I have heard that he married a nine-year old but that doesn't explain all the things said in the article. And alot of it is irrelevant. What happens in those Arab societies is irrelevant to what the Quran and Islam teaches.

You need to post what verses of the Quran justify any of this, otherwise there's no credibility.


As requested, the quotes from different version of the book

SAHIH AL-BUKHARI

Narrated Aisha:
The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became all right, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age. (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234)

Narrated Hisham's father:
Khadija died three years before the Prophet departed to Medina. He stayed there for two years or so and then he married 'Aisha when she was a girl of six years of age, and he consumed that marriage when she was nine years old. (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 236)

Narrated 'Aisha:
Allah's Apostle said to me, "You were shown to me twice (in my dream) before I married you. I saw an angel carrying you in a silken piece of cloth, and I said to him, 'Uncover (her),' and behold, it was you. I said (to myself), 'If this is from Allah, then it must happen.' Then you were shown to me, the angel carrying you in a silken piece of cloth, and I said (to him), 'Uncover (her), and behold, it was you. I said (to myself), 'If this is from Allah, then it must happen.'" (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 87, Number 140; see also Number 139)

Narrated 'Aisha:
that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death). (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64; see also Numbers 65 and 88)

SAHIH MUSLIM

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house at the age of nine. She further said: We went to Medina and I had an attack of fever for a month, and my hair had come down to the earlobes. Umm Ruman (my mother) came to me and I was at that time on a swing along with my playmates. She called me loudly and I went to her and I did not know what she had wanted of me. She took hold of my hand and took me to the door, and I was saying: Ha, ha (as if I was gasping), until the agitation of my heart was over. She took me to a house, where had gathered the women of the Ansar. They all blessed me and wished me good luck and said: May you have share in good. She (my mother) entrusted me to them. They washed my head and embellished me and nothing frightened me. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) came there in the morning, and I was entrusted to him. (Sahih Muslim, Book 008, Number 3309; see also 3310)

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) married her when she was seven years old, and he was taken to his house as a bride when she was nine, and her dolls were with her; and when he (the Holy Prophet) died she was eighteen years old. (Sahih Muslim, Book 008, Number 3311)

SUNAN ABU DAWUD

Aisha said: The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) married me when I was seven years old. The narrator Sulaiman said: Or six years. He had intercourse with me when I was nine years old. (Sunan Abu Dawud, Number 2116)

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin:
The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) married me when I was seven or six. When we came to Medina, some women came. According to Bishr's version: Umm Ruman came to me when I was swinging. They took me, made me prepared and decorated me. I was then brought to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him), and he took up cohabitation with me when I was nine. She halted me at the door, and I burst into laughter. (Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 41, Number 4915)

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin:
The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) used to kiss her and suck her tongue when he was fasting. (Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 13, Number 2380)

SUNAN NASA‘I

… When Hadrat Aisha passed nine years of marriage life, the Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) fell in mortal sickness… ‘A’isha was eighteen years of age at the time when the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) passed away and she remained a widow for forty-eight years till she died at the age of sixty-seven. She saw the rules of four Caliphs in her lifetime. She died on Ramadan 58 A.H. during the Caliphate of Hadrat Amir Mu‘awiya… (Sunan Nasa'i: English translation with Arabic Text, compiled by Imam Abu Abd-ur-Rahman Ahmad Nasa'i, rendered into English by Muhammad Iqbal Siddiqui [Kazi Publication, 121-Zulqarnain Chambers, Gampat Road, Lahore, Pakistan; first edition, 1994], Volume 1, p. 108)

SUNAN IBN-I-MAJAH

1876. ‘A’isha (Allah be pleased with her) is reported to have said: Allah’s Messenger (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) contracted marriage with me while I was (yet) a six years [sic] old girl. Then we arrived at Medina and stayed with Banu Harith b. Khazraj. I fell victim to fever; then my hair (of the head fell off (and became scattered). Then they became plenty and hanged down upto [sic] the earlobes. My mother ‘Umm Ruman came to me while I was (playing) in a swing alongwith [sic] my play-mates. She (the mother) called me loudly. I went to her and I did not know what he [sic] wanted. She seized my hand and stopped me at the door of the house and I was hearing [sic] violently until the agitation of my heart was over. Then she took some water and wiped it over my face and head. Then she admitted me to the house when some woman [sic] of Ansar were present in the house. They said, "You have entered with blessings and good fortune." Then she (the mother) entrusted me to them. So they embellished me and nothing frightened me but Allah’s Messenger (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) (when he came there) in the morning and they (the women) entrusted me to him. On that day, I was a nine years [sic] old girl."

1877. Abdullah (Allah be pleased with him) is reported to have said, "The Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) married ‘A’isha while she was a seven years [sic] old girl and took him [sic] to his house as a bride when she was nine years old and he parted with her (after his demise) when she was eighteen years old."

According to Al-Zawa‘id its isnad is sahih in accordance with the condition prescribed by Bukhari, but munqata because Abu ‘Ubaida did not hear from his father. Shu‘ba Abu Hatim and Ibn Hibban mentioned him amongst the authentic and reliable authorities. Tirmidhi in al-Jami’ and al-Mazzi in al-Atraf (has expressed the same opinion). Nasa‘i has transmitted this hadith in al-Sughra from the hadith ‘A’isha (Allah be pleased with her). (Sunan Ibn-I-Majah, Imam Abdullah Muhammad B. Yazid Ibn-I-Maja Al-Qazwini, English version by Muhammad Tufail Ansari [Kazi Publications, 121-Zulqarnain Chambers, Gampat Road, Lahore Pakistan, first edition, 1995], volume III, pp. 133-134)

IBN HISHAM

He married ‘A’isha in Mecca when she was a child of seven and lived with her in Medina when she was nine or ten. She was the only virgin that he married. Her father, Abu Bakr, married her to him and the apostle gave her four hundred dirhams. (Ibn Ishaq, Sirat Rasulullah (The Life of Muhammad), translated by Alfred Guillaume [Oxford University Press, Karachi, tenth impression 1995], p. 792)


The verses are relevant because these are the ones interpreted by the clerics and these clerics are people of influence in the different Islamic countries.
4930 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Singapore
Offline
Posted 7/1/09

meowzy wrote:


kitoka wrote:


meowzy wrote:

Completely stupid blog to begin with. Culture is totally different from religion. Get the two mixed up, add in xenophobia then you come up with a garbage blog like that.


Though religion and culture are intertwined, these clerics release Fatwa that are largely based on the teaching of their prophet as recorded in their holy book.


And yet we take it as if one certain culture is teaching something in claim of Islam, we still say all Muslims believe in this. Just like not all Muslims wear the Hijab but clearly it's just fact now because people can't draw distinctions between religion and culture.


I guess you do not understand how Islam works. I didn't claim that all Muslims are such, as the points discussed in the article were from sources that matter to Muslims, I would like our Muslim brethrens to give their opinion about it because they're the one's knowledgable. Of course, I was shocked from what I have been reading and it was in good faith. I want things to be clarified.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 7/1/09

kitoka wrote:

As requested, the quotes from different version of the book

SAHIH AL-BUKHARI

Narrated Aisha:
The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became all right, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age. (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234)

Narrated Hisham's father:
Khadija died three years before the Prophet departed to Medina. He stayed there for two years or so and then he married 'Aisha when she was a girl of six years of age, and he consumed that marriage when she was nine years old. (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 236)

Narrated 'Aisha:
Allah's Apostle said to me, "You were shown to me twice (in my dream) before I married you. I saw an angel carrying you in a silken piece of cloth, and I said to him, 'Uncover (her),' and behold, it was you. I said (to myself), 'If this is from Allah, then it must happen.' Then you were shown to me, the angel carrying you in a silken piece of cloth, and I said (to him), 'Uncover (her), and behold, it was you. I said (to myself), 'If this is from Allah, then it must happen.'" (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 87, Number 140; see also Number 139)

Narrated 'Aisha:
that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death). (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64; see also Numbers 65 and 88)

SAHIH MUSLIM

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house at the age of nine. She further said: We went to Medina and I had an attack of fever for a month, and my hair had come down to the earlobes. Umm Ruman (my mother) came to me and I was at that time on a swing along with my playmates. She called me loudly and I went to her and I did not know what she had wanted of me. She took hold of my hand and took me to the door, and I was saying: Ha, ha (as if I was gasping), until the agitation of my heart was over. She took me to a house, where had gathered the women of the Ansar. They all blessed me and wished me good luck and said: May you have share in good. She (my mother) entrusted me to them. They washed my head and embellished me and nothing frightened me. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) came there in the morning, and I was entrusted to him. (Sahih Muslim, Book 008, Number 3309; see also 3310)

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) married her when she was seven years old, and he was taken to his house as a bride when she was nine, and her dolls were with her; and when he (the Holy Prophet) died she was eighteen years old. (Sahih Muslim, Book 008, Number 3311)

SUNAN ABU DAWUD

Aisha said: The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) married me when I was seven years old. The narrator Sulaiman said: Or six years. He had intercourse with me when I was nine years old. (Sunan Abu Dawud, Number 2116)

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin:
The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) married me when I was seven or six. When we came to Medina, some women came. According to Bishr's version: Umm Ruman came to me when I was swinging. They took me, made me prepared and decorated me. I was then brought to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him), and he took up cohabitation with me when I was nine. She halted me at the door, and I burst into laughter. (Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 41, Number 4915)

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin:
The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) used to kiss her and suck her tongue when he was fasting. (Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 13, Number 2380)

SUNAN NASA‘I

… When Hadrat Aisha passed nine years of marriage life, the Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) fell in mortal sickness… ‘A’isha was eighteen years of age at the time when the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) passed away and she remained a widow for forty-eight years till she died at the age of sixty-seven. She saw the rules of four Caliphs in her lifetime. She died on Ramadan 58 A.H. during the Caliphate of Hadrat Amir Mu‘awiya… (Sunan Nasa'i: English translation with Arabic Text, compiled by Imam Abu Abd-ur-Rahman Ahmad Nasa'i, rendered into English by Muhammad Iqbal Siddiqui [Kazi Publication, 121-Zulqarnain Chambers, Gampat Road, Lahore, Pakistan; first edition, 1994], Volume 1, p. 108)

SUNAN IBN-I-MAJAH

1876. ‘A’isha (Allah be pleased with her) is reported to have said: Allah’s Messenger (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) contracted marriage with me while I was (yet) a six years [sic] old girl. Then we arrived at Medina and stayed with Banu Harith b. Khazraj. I fell victim to fever; then my hair (of the head fell off (and became scattered). Then they became plenty and hanged down upto [sic] the earlobes. My mother ‘Umm Ruman came to me while I was (playing) in a swing alongwith [sic] my play-mates. She (the mother) called me loudly. I went to her and I did not know what he [sic] wanted. She seized my hand and stopped me at the door of the house and I was hearing [sic] violently until the agitation of my heart was over. Then she took some water and wiped it over my face and head. Then she admitted me to the house when some woman [sic] of Ansar were present in the house. They said, "You have entered with blessings and good fortune." Then she (the mother) entrusted me to them. So they embellished me and nothing frightened me but Allah’s Messenger (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) (when he came there) in the morning and they (the women) entrusted me to him. On that day, I was a nine years [sic] old girl."

1877. Abdullah (Allah be pleased with him) is reported to have said, "The Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) married ‘A’isha while she was a seven years [sic] old girl and took him [sic] to his house as a bride when she was nine years old and he parted with her (after his demise) when she was eighteen years old."

According to Al-Zawa‘id its isnad is sahih in accordance with the condition prescribed by Bukhari, but munqata because Abu ‘Ubaida did not hear from his father. Shu‘ba Abu Hatim and Ibn Hibban mentioned him amongst the authentic and reliable authorities. Tirmidhi in al-Jami’ and al-Mazzi in al-Atraf (has expressed the same opinion). Nasa‘i has transmitted this hadith in al-Sughra from the hadith ‘A’isha (Allah be pleased with her). (Sunan Ibn-I-Majah, Imam Abdullah Muhammad B. Yazid Ibn-I-Maja Al-Qazwini, English version by Muhammad Tufail Ansari [Kazi Publications, 121-Zulqarnain Chambers, Gampat Road, Lahore Pakistan, first edition, 1995], volume III, pp. 133-134)

IBN HISHAM

He married ‘A’isha in Mecca when she was a child of seven and lived with her in Medina when she was nine or ten. She was the only virgin that he married. Her father, Abu Bakr, married her to him and the apostle gave her four hundred dirhams. (Ibn Ishaq, Sirat Rasulullah (The Life of Muhammad), translated by Alfred Guillaume [Oxford University Press, Karachi, tenth impression 1995], p. 792)


The verses are relevant because these are the ones interpreted by the clerics and these clerics are people of influence in the different Islamic countries.


Those are from Hadtiths, not from the Quran. The prophet marrying a nine-year old may have some bad implications but I have heard many explanations about this, like that it was just common in society at the time.

And what about the rest of the stuff in the article?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.