First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Just An Angry Atheist!
617 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Indiana
Offline
Posted 7/6/09

excalion wrote:

Anger is caused by fear, you fear losing a religious argument on an anime forum, so you go to google or the bible, or even wikipedia. You search for information which suits your purposes and display them on here.

Do you see what you are? Well, observe yourselves a little bit. Don't look at yourself as yourself, distance your ego a bit and look upon yourselves as an observer. Do you see how ridiculous you are being?

You are taking information which simply appeals to you, which happens to coincide with your beliefs at the moment, information which you can identify with, and shooting that at each other. Hoping to persuade the opposing group to join yours. Why are you doing that? What's with the need to show the religious, science? Or to show the logical, religion? Look at yourself, why are you doing it?

What? You're trying to show them the light? You're trying to help them? Don't be ridiculous, come off it, who the hell do you think you are? Why do they need your help? By that very thought, you're saying they are inferior to you, so who the hell do you think you are? What makes you so superior? Is it because you can spew forth information which you simply copied from somewhere? Is it because you can blindly follow in the footsteps of your predecessors? Are you fucking kidding me?

=)


Interestingly said
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 7/6/09 , edited 7/6/09

Ryutai-Desk
It because you don't have evidence about the evolution.... especially the evolution Humans are from Monkeys.
Well, if you say so... that's what we called Blind Faith towards evolution yes?


http://anthro.palomar.edu/evolve/evolve_3.htm

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/0_0_0/lines_01

http://txtwriter.com/Backgrounders/Evolution/EVcontents.html

http://www.anth.ucsb.edu/projects/human/

I hope you like reading.

I'm sure a few of those contain parts that try to disprove evolution, and I'm sure you'll quickly agree with those without taking the evidence into consideration.

Anyway, usually when someone gets dismissed as an angry atheist/theist, it's usually because they are militantly trying to persuade everyone else that their beliefs are the right beliefs, and that everyone should think the way they think. Usually they bring up religion any time and every time they can no matter if it is related to the topic or not.

Example: Someone posts/says something like "Are you kidding me? Jesus Christ" as an expression of frustration, then the angry atheist/theist comes along and starts preaching about how Jesus is our lord and savior and the Bible is the ultimate truth that will set us free and that all who don't follow him will rot in hell, or how Jesus and the Bible are just some big fairy tale that only delusional retards believe in.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 7/6/09 , edited 7/6/09

excalion wrote:

Anger is caused by fear, you fear losing a religious argument on an anime forum, so you go to google or the bible, or even wikipedia. You search for information which suits your purposes and display them on here.

Do you see what you are? Well, observe yourselves a little bit. Don't look at yourself as yourself, distance your ego a bit and look upon yourselves as an observer. Do you see how ridiculous you are being?

You are taking information which simply appeals to you, which happens to coincide with your beliefs at the moment, information which you can identify with, and shooting that at each other. Hoping to persuade the opposing group to join yours. Why are you doing that? What's with the need to show the religious, science? Or to show the logical, religion? Look at yourself, why are you doing it?

What? You're trying to show them the light? You're trying to help them? Don't be ridiculous, come off it, who the hell do you think you are? Why do they need your help? By that very thought, you're saying they are inferior to you, so who the hell do you think you are? What makes you so superior? Is it because you can spew forth information which you simply copied from somewhere? Is it because you can blindly follow in the footsteps of your predecessors? Are you fucking kidding me?

=)


'You see the most of us do not use the bible even if it is good evidence that God is man made.'

We ask for evidence that there is a god. And all you have is a man made book from superstitious bronze age men.

So we must be angry becaus we want proof of your god, and not just follow with blind mindless faith?

there is as much evidence for the flying mistical monkey king as there is for your God.

Look at this its a Angry Christian! Nimrod we do not follow your religion because we do like evidence, so no we would not fallow anything that is without evidence or proof for it. At least that how I am.. If it is not logical, and based of from much real evidence from many sources than no I would not agree with it.

Yes we show that we have real evidence for what we are talking about, so we show you this evidence.. Something you might wanna try doing some day. Looking up the truth will not hurt you, that much buddy!
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 7/6/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


openmindedatheist wrote:


Yei wrote:


openmindedatheist wrote:


Yei wrote:

I've never heard of this term, I usually use Arrogant Atheist, because of all the obnoxious dumbass atheists you see on Youtube living in their mother's basements making offensive videos. That's where any stereotypes for atheists would probably come from.

btw Darkphoenix, you yourself don't exactly break any negative stereotypes people may have about atheists.


Dumbass... YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW OPEN MOST ATHEISTS ARE!!! My friends on this site and in real life are mostly catholic, protestant and islamic. Not only do I tolerate them, I respect them.


Well I'm not talking about those atheists, I'm talking about the 40 year old virgin ones on Youtube that think theyre getting somewhere in life by being loud and obnoxious bigots.


Ya I hate thse kind of people as well.


I did a lot of youtube searching just now to find the people you two are talking about, a little help please.
I wanna see the 40 year old virgen atheist that live in there mothers basement as well.

are you talking about :

thunderfoot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS5vid4GkEY&feature=PlayList&p=9595641452F52C90&index=0&playnext=1

larfilms http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLqQttJinjo&feature=related

TheAmazingAtheist http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQwco3w7Zao

Patcondell http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1ZLXbKeL2U

Imrational http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4fQA9mt-Mg

Cortmeister262 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUvR25zUCNk&feature=related


'Any of them the people your talking about. I find "most of them" to be very witty and insightful. '



I don't like them all except thunderfoot, he doesnt really attack religion or try to be immature or rude, he's calm and rational. The rest need to find something useful to do with their lives, because they spend more time talking about religion than most religious people do.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 7/6/09

Yei wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


openmindedatheist wrote:


Yei wrote:


openmindedatheist wrote:


Yei wrote:

I've never heard of this term, I usually use Arrogant Atheist, because of all the obnoxious dumbass atheists you see on Youtube living in their mother's basements making offensive videos. That's where any stereotypes for atheists would probably come from.

btw Darkphoenix, you yourself don't exactly break any negative stereotypes people may have about atheists.


Dumbass... YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW OPEN MOST ATHEISTS ARE!!! My friends on this site and in real life are mostly catholic, protestant and islamic. Not only do I tolerate them, I respect them.


Well I'm not talking about those atheists, I'm talking about the 40 year old virgin ones on Youtube that think theyre getting somewhere in life by being loud and obnoxious bigots.


Ya I hate thse kind of people as well.


I did a lot of youtube searching just now to find the people you two are talking about, a little help please.
I wanna see the 40 year old virgen atheist that live in there mothers basement as well.

are you talking about :

thunderfoot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS5vid4GkEY&feature=PlayList&p=9595641452F52C90&index=0&playnext=1

larfilms http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLqQttJinjo&feature=related

TheAmazingAtheist http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQwco3w7Zao

Patcondell http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1ZLXbKeL2U

Imrational http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4fQA9mt-Mg

Cortmeister262 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUvR25zUCNk&feature=related


'Any of them the people your talking about. I find "most of them" to be very witty and insightful. '



I don't like them all except thunderfoot, he doesnt really attack religion or try to be immature or rude, he's calm and rational. The rest need to find something useful to do with their lives, because they spend more time talking about religion than most religious people do.


'ever think they do that because there part of the Christian atheist debate group thats on youtube.. That would explain why they talk about it all the time. Hell TheAmazingAtheist only talks about religion little bit of the time, usually its some crazy Christian attacking him that gets him back on religous topics.'

what do you think about VenomfangX. Now thats one brain dead religous nut job on youtube. Now he will not stop talking about religoun and how everyone else is going to hell because there not bowing down to god.
20259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / The centroid of a...
Online
Posted 7/6/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


excalion wrote:

Anger is caused by fear, you fear losing a religious argument on an anime forum, so you go to google or the bible, or even wikipedia. You search for information which suits your purposes and display them on here.

Do you see what you are? Well, observe yourselves a little bit. Don't look at yourself as yourself, distance your ego a bit and look upon yourselves as an observer. Do you see how ridiculous you are being?

You are taking information which simply appeals to you, which happens to coincide with your beliefs at the moment, information which you can identify with, and shooting that at each other. Hoping to persuade the opposing group to join yours. Why are you doing that? What's with the need to show the religious, science? Or to show the logical, religion? Look at yourself, why are you doing it?

What? You're trying to show them the light? You're trying to help them? Don't be ridiculous, come off it, who the hell do you think you are? Why do they need your help? By that very thought, you're saying they are inferior to you, so who the hell do you think you are? What makes you so superior? Is it because you can spew forth information which you simply copied from somewhere? Is it because you can blindly follow in the footsteps of your predecessors? Are you fucking kidding me?

=)


'You see the most of us do not use the bible even if it is good evidence that God is man made.'

We ask for evidence that there is a god. And all you have is a man made book from superstitious bronze age men.

So we must be angry becaus we want proof of your god, and not just follow with blind mindless faith?

there is as much evidence for the flying mistical monkey king as there is for your God.

Look at this its a Angry Christian! Nimrod we do not follow your religion because we do like evidence, so no we would not fallow anything that is without evidence or proof for it. At least that how I am.. If it is not logical, and based of from much real evidence from many sources than no I would not agree with it.

Yes we show that we have real evidence for what we are talking about, so we show you this evidence.. Something you might wanna try doing some day. Looking up the truth will not hurt you, that much buddy!


I laugh, I can't help but laugh, do you know why? Because I'm not religious. You aren't any better than the people you condemn, this incidence has shown you that I hope. You do not seek to understand when you read, you seek to find solidarity. You don't seek to listen, you seek to judge, and in your blind pursuit of this so called truth, you drown yourself in a bucket. A bucket which you filled with water from a river, and which you are convinced is the river itself.

Perhaps I should explain:
Each person's knowledge is like a bucket, and truth is like a river. The river is constantly flowing, constantly changing. What a person knows is not truth, it's the conceptualization of truth. Once it has been conceptualized it is no longer truth, only a simple concept. A bucket of water is not a river, just as knowledge is not truth. All the efforts of the human mind cannot exhaust the essence of a single fly, and you seek to possess truth? Don't make me laugh.

You want proof? Okay, then answer me this, what proof is there to prove your proof is true? Your perceptions of causal reality? Then what proves your perceptions are infallible? Nothing, absolutely nothing. What is there to prove his perceptions are infallible, her perceptions are infallible? Nothing. You are wrong, just accept it, everyone is wrong. It's like two blind people trying to argue how many minutes are in the color green.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 7/6/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


I don't like them all except thunderfoot, he doesnt really attack religion or try to be immature or rude, he's calm and rational. The rest need to find something useful to do with their lives, because they spend more time talking about religion than most religious people do.


'ever think they do that because there part of the Christian atheist debate group thats on youtube.. That would explain why they talk about it all the time. Hell TheAmazingAtheist only talks about religion little bit of the time, usually its some crazy Christian attacking him that gets him back on religous topics.'

what do you think about VenomfangX. Now thats one brain dead religous nut job on youtube. Now he will not stop talking about religoun and how everyone else is going to hell because there not bowing down to god.


From the vids I've seen, they are just very arrogant and obnoxious. They are as ignorant and bigoted as the creationists they argue against most of the time, especially that AmazingAtheist guy. I don't know who VenomfangX is, there's lots of crazy people on Youtube.
Posted 7/6/09 , edited 7/6/09
I never heard that term. Me being atheist myself, I have yet to be called angry from those opposing my position. Though ignorance exists on both sides of the scale, so I wouldn't be surprised if some would be given names like how we label others. Especiallly since you said it is in the internet because the majority of the internet can't be taken seriously. Debates on certain issues, like religion, should be separate from the general forums and public because it will become an argument.

With these topics; some are educated on them, want to be educated on them, or think they're educated on them. The contents of them can sometimes be contrast of what one was grown up to believe. Also, these forums are generally the younger population (including this one) so it's highly expected to receive comments of unreasonably furious people who don't agree with you with nothing to back their reason but anger.

So if you were called an "Angry Atheist" you're either post on a site with people who can't reason or you are indeed an angry atheist.
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 7/6/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


excalion wrote:

Anger is caused by fear, you fear losing a religious argument on an anime forum, so you go to google or the bible, or even wikipedia. You search for information which suits your purposes and display them on here.

Do you see what you are? Well, observe yourselves a little bit. Don't look at yourself as yourself, distance your ego a bit and look upon yourselves as an observer. Do you see how ridiculous you are being?

You are taking information which simply appeals to you, which happens to coincide with your beliefs at the moment, information which you can identify with, and shooting that at each other. Hoping to persuade the opposing group to join yours. Why are you doing that? What's with the need to show the religious, science? Or to show the logical, religion? Look at yourself, why are you doing it?

What? You're trying to show them the light? You're trying to help them? Don't be ridiculous, come off it, who the hell do you think you are? Why do they need your help? By that very thought, you're saying they are inferior to you, so who the hell do you think you are? What makes you so superior? Is it because you can spew forth information which you simply copied from somewhere? Is it because you can blindly follow in the footsteps of your predecessors? Are you fucking kidding me?

=)


'You see the most of us do not use the bible even if it is good evidence that God is man made.'

We ask for evidence that there is a god. And all you have is a man made book from superstitious bronze age men.

So we must be angry becaus we want proof of your god, and not just follow with blind mindless faith?

there is as much evidence for the flying mistical monkey king as there is for your God.

Look at this its a Angry Christian! Nimrod we do not follow your religion because we do like evidence, so no we would not fallow anything that is without evidence or proof for it. At least that how I am.. If it is not logical, and based of from much real evidence from many sources than no I would not agree with it.

Yes we show that we have real evidence for what we are talking about, so we show you this evidence.. Something you might wanna try doing some day. Looking up the truth will not hurt you, that much buddy!


This is what I was talking about. Even though excalion wasn't even talking about religion, that is where you dragged the conversation to, even going so far as to assume that he must be a Christian. He's not some religious guy criticizing your lack of religion, he was commenting on the pointlessness of the atheism vs. religious arguments that pop up everywhere, and making fun of the people who always instigate and participate in them.

This is why many people consider you to be an "angry atheist," because you see a religious argument where there isn't one and are always trying to prove that your beliefs are superior to others, which are the characteristics of an angry atheist/theist.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 7/6/09 , edited 7/6/09


My mistake.. As you know English is my third language, I admit my mistake I miss read what he was saying, I was thinking he was attacking me, and what he said was darected at me. So sorry about that.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 7/6/09

excalion wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


excalion wrote:

Anger is caused by fear, you fear losing a religious argument on an anime forum, so you go to google or the bible, or even wikipedia. You search for information which suits your purposes and display them on here.

Do you see what you are? Well, observe yourselves a little bit. Don't look at yourself as yourself, distance your ego a bit and look upon yourselves as an observer. Do you see how ridiculous you are being?

You are taking information which simply appeals to you, which happens to coincide with your beliefs at the moment, information which you can identify with, and shooting that at each other. Hoping to persuade the opposing group to join yours. Why are you doing that? What's with the need to show the religious, science? Or to show the logical, religion? Look at yourself, why are you doing it?

What? You're trying to show them the light? You're trying to help them? Don't be ridiculous, come off it, who the hell do you think you are? Why do they need your help? By that very thought, you're saying they are inferior to you, so who the hell do you think you are? What makes you so superior? Is it because you can spew forth information which you simply copied from somewhere? Is it because you can blindly follow in the footsteps of your predecessors? Are you fucking kidding me?

=)


'You see the most of us do not use the bible even if it is good evidence that God is man made.'

We ask for evidence that there is a god. And all you have is a man made book from superstitious bronze age men.

So we must be angry becaus we want proof of your god, and not just follow with blind mindless faith?

there is as much evidence for the flying mistical monkey king as there is for your God.

Look at this its a Angry Christian! Nimrod we do not follow your religion because we do like evidence, so no we would not fallow anything that is without evidence or proof for it. At least that how I am.. If it is not logical, and based of from much real evidence from many sources than no I would not agree with it.

Yes we show that we have real evidence for what we are talking about, so we show you this evidence.. Something you might wanna try doing some day. Looking up the truth will not hurt you, that much buddy!


I laugh, I can't help but laugh, do you know why? Because I'm not religious. You aren't any better than the people you condemn, this incidence has shown you that I hope. You do not seek to understand when you read, you seek to find solidarity. You don't seek to listen, you seek to judge, and in your blind pursuit of this so called truth, you drown yourself in a bucket. A bucket which you filled with water from a river, and which you are convinced is the river itself.

Perhaps I should explain:
Each person's knowledge is like a bucket, and truth is like a river. The river is constantly flowing, constantly changing. What a person knows is not truth, it's the conceptualization of truth. Once it has been conceptualized it is no longer truth, only a simple concept. A bucket of water is not a river, just as knowledge is not truth. All the efforts of the human mind cannot exhaust the essence of a single fly, and you seek to possess truth? Don't make me laugh.

You want proof? Okay, then answer me this, what proof is there to prove your proof is true? Your perceptions of causal reality? Then what proves your perceptions are infallible? Nothing, absolutely nothing. What is there to prove his perceptions are infallible, her perceptions are infallible? Nothing. You are wrong, just accept it, everyone is wrong. It's like two blind people trying to argue how many minutes are in the color green.
I admit my mistake as for my post I miss read what you had said, you might not know this but I still have trouble with the structer wen it comes to how you speak.. so I admit I was wrong. I was thinking that in read Was directed at me and your post was a attack on me. I admit my mistake sorry.

18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 7/7/09

GreyGoosen wrote:

I never heard that term. Me being atheist myself, I have yet to be called angry from those opposing my position. Though ignorance exists on both sides of the scale, so I wouldn't be surprised if some would be given names like how we label others. Especiallly since you said it is in the internet because the majority of the internet can't be taken seriously. Debates on certain issues, like religion, should be separate from the general forums and public because it will become an argument.

With these topics; some are educated on them, want to be educated on them, or think they're educated on them. The contents of them can sometimes be contrast of what one was grown up to believe. Also, these forums are generally the younger population (including this one) so it's highly expected to receive comments of unreasonably furious people who don't agree with you with nothing to back their reason but anger.

So if you were called an "Angry Atheist" you're either post on a site with people who can't reason or you are indeed an angry atheist.


I am both.. I am easy to anger its in my blood.

But in the same time I like to keep my post based off of evidence. Thats just how I am.

10652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Indonesia Raya
Offline
Posted 7/7/09

Cuddlebuns wrote:


Ryutai-Desk
It because you don't have evidence about the evolution.... especially the evolution Humans are from Monkeys.
Well, if you say so... that's what we called Blind Faith towards evolution yes?


http://anthro.palomar.edu/evolve/evolve_3.htm

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/0_0_0/lines_01

http://txtwriter.com/Backgrounders/Evolution/EVcontents.html

http://www.anth.ucsb.edu/projects/human/

I hope you like reading.

I'm sure a few of those contain parts that try to disprove evolution, and I'm sure you'll quickly agree with those without taking the evidence into consideration.

Anyway, usually when someone gets dismissed as an angry atheist/theist, it's usually because they are militantly trying to persuade everyone else that their beliefs are the right beliefs, and that everyone should think the way they think. Usually they bring up religion any time and every time they can no matter if it is related to the topic or not.

Example: Someone posts/says something like "Are you kidding me? Jesus Christ" as an expression of frustration, then the angry atheist/theist comes along and starts preaching about how Jesus is our lord and savior and the Bible is the ultimate truth that will set us free and that all who don't follow him will rot in hell, or how Jesus and the Bible are just some big fairy tale that only delusional retards believe in.


Thank you for the links. I've read all of it. And sorry for being not clear, I will said it again.
I DO believe in evolution........................... but not evolutions that happened in apes that became a humans.
I believe especially about :

Natural selection
The Fossil Record.
The Evolution of Horses
The Anatomical Record.
The Molecular Record.

Wolves, Dogs, Foxs family
Natural selection can produce evolutionary change.
Natural selection favors dark-colored moths in areas of heavy pollution, while light-colored moths survive better in unpolluted area


Since they all have proof and fact in it, but I haven't get the evidence about humans are from monkeys

That's why I don't really want to refer to Holy Book or something like that... I want to have proper discussion that only use logic in this evolution matter.
And I also don't believe in Bible by the way, I believe in another religion.


10652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Indonesia Raya
Offline
Posted 7/7/09

openmindedatheist wrote:


Ryutai-Desk wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


Yei wrote:

I've never heard of this term, I usually use Arrogant Atheist, because of all the obnoxious dumbass atheists you see on Youtube living in their mother's basements making offensive videos. That's where any stereotypes for atheists would probably come from.

btw Darkphoenix, you yourself don't exactly break any negative stereotypes people may have about atheists.


Yeah because I am a angry Atheist that just acting like he knows something about Evolution?
Or is it the fact that I find Blind Faith as a hazard to a person health, and the development of their mind?


It because you don't have evidence about the evolution.... especially the evolution Humans are from Monkeys.
Well, if you say so... that's what we called Blind Faith towards evolution yes?


Well.... The faith toward evolution isn't exactly blind. You are reminiscent of people before the renissance that didnt beleive in helio-centrism and a spherical earth. Ive said this many times and i stand by it.


I believe in science as well and also believe in several evolutions that still occurring in animals even now.
What I couldn't believe is the Evolution that humans are from monkeys, we still haven't get any fact whether this is true or not. And it still controversial even among scientists.
But many of you already believe that humans are from monkeys without any evidence but mere assumption. Isn't that what you called Blind Faith as well?
10652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Indonesia Raya
Offline
Posted 7/7/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


Ryutai-Desk wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

Yeah because I am a angry Atheist that just acting like he knows something about Evolution?
Or is it the fact that I find Blind Faith as a hazard to a person health, and the development of their mind?


It because you don't have evidence about the evolution.... especially the evolution Humans are from Monkeys.
Well, if you say so... that's what we called Blind Faith towards evolution yes?


'I take it you have not been to my evolution thread?'

I have a mile long list of evidence in that thread. Including the names of all the critters that we came from.

I think there was even 3 of us trying to explain to you we did not come from monkeys yet you kept repeating that.
We evolved from the same critter that monkeys and Apes evolved from.


Sorry for not being clear. I DO BELIEVE in evolutions that from animals to be a better animals because of nature adaptation.
Sorry If i keep talked about "we did not come from monkeys". Since the other two who against me as well talking about Humans are from Monkeys.

Yeah, I'm still curious about evolution things.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.