First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
what do you people know about alaska without looking things up?
49737 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / Unreachable Dream...
Offline
Posted 12/26/07

whazzupkp wrote:


Maktosa wrote:

I heard that there's plenty of work to be had in Alaska and that you can make some pretty good money just by by gutting fish. I remember correctly, it was something like 15 dollars an hour.Though they say its tough work. " They work your ass off but the pay is good." or some such like that.


Crab fishing in the north slopes is very hazardous. People can die very easily fishing up near the arctic. The other fishing can be dangerous off shore because the water is pretty cold up here. it comes from the glaciers.


I heard that its a high wage job. My dad said he was invited to go there, and was offered a really high wage, and he replied, "Nah, Id rather die with less suffering than die harshly."
4082 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / USA
Offline
Posted 12/26/07
it's cold there o.o Lol. Uhm.. there are igloos. People use Alaskan huskies there? ( there so kawaii)
2238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / In your fridge.
Offline
Posted 12/26/07
uhm they have those aurora light thingies i had to do a report about that -.- and uhhmm they eat fish sometimes raw and its really cold there obviously and isn't it always nighttime there? o.o
745 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 12/26/07

mikomiko123 wrote:


whazzupkp wrote:


mikomiko123 wrote:


whazzupkp wrote:


mikomiko123 wrote:

ALASKA FACTS:

~ Alaska was owned by Russia and then was given or bought (I forgot) to US, but now they are fighting for the lands again because of water resources that Russia is wanting. (Heard it from news, but Im not sure if I remember right, Im kinda dizzy right now.)

~ Alaska is one of two U.S. states not bordered by another state, the other is Hawaii. It has the lagest coastline, than all of the states combined.

~ Its capital is Juneau (I guess my Geography teach was handy huh?)

~ Its cold, and they pay you $1000 if you move their. (XD, Ill go there, and come back again, and go back again...lolz)

~ There are the Inuits there (Not Eskimos, they prefer INUITS)


that 1000$ if you live there isn't given away to everbody up there.


Can you restate that again with proper grammar , and punctuations, because I didn't get it.


~ that $1000 if live there isnt given away to everybody up there? ~


whoops. sorry bout that. the 1000$ you are referring to is called a Dividend. Its given annually to resident Alaskans. So not everybody gets it.


Oh, I see, I wasnt clear about that, my friends made a joke about it, cuz one of the weirdest teacher in school moved there, and everybody said, "It must be the $1000!" lolz...

well it was more like 1800 last time. lol

131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / planet Vegeta
Offline
Posted 12/26/07
it beeping cold dam it#!#!#@#!@!
745 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 12/26/07
Why the bloody hell would you think its cold? There are rain forest in Alaska.
49737 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / Unreachable Dream...
Offline
Posted 12/26/07

whazzupkp wrote:

Why the bloody hell would you think its cold? There are rain forest in Alaska.


I guess because he sees the Inuits wearing the hoodies and all that snow... The movies do deceive you alot.
745 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 12/26/07

mikomiko123 wrote:


whazzupkp wrote:

Why the bloody hell would you think its cold? There are rain forest in Alaska.


I guess because he sees the Inuits wearing the hoodies and all that snow... The movies do deceive you alot.


That movie 30 days of night is completely wrong. The pipeline isn't in Barrow.
49737 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / Unreachable Dream...
Offline
Posted 12/26/07

whazzupkp wrote:


mikomiko123 wrote:


whazzupkp wrote:

Why the bloody hell would you think its cold? There are rain forest in Alaska.


I guess because he sees the Inuits wearing the hoodies and all that snow... The movies do deceive you alot.


That movie 30 days of night is completely wrong. The pipeline isn't in Barrow.


I havent watched that movie... Is it good? **somehow I feel so stupid right now** __ Is this a pointless thread? Because if it is, Ill continue and break the rules, but if its not, Im soo sorry...
Posted 12/26/07

whazzupkp wrote:


Your_Typical_Friend wrote:

pointless thread....sewards ice box


well you are fat. so shut up.


whoah....i told u about a thing in alaska...wut u don't believe me?
745 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 12/26/07
this thread is pointless
but it is really sad that some people from the united states don't know much about one of the 50. For god's sake we are the 49th state.
745 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 12/26/07

Your_Typical_Friend wrote:


whazzupkp wrote:


Your_Typical_Friend wrote:

pointless thread....sewards ice box


well you are fat. so shut up.


whoah....i told u about a thing in alaska...wut u don't believe me?


seward ain't an ice box. so no and you are fat
745 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 12/26/07
them alaskan huskies are called malamutes i think
49737 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / Unreachable Dream...
Offline
Posted 12/26/07

whazzupkp wrote:

this thread is pointless
but it is really sad that some people from the united states don't know much about one of the 50. For god's sake we are the 49th state.


lolz.. I feel bad too, I know more than them, even Im just new here in US from Asia (I wont tell you where in Asia), its just too ironic, that they know so little, yet I know so much... Its makes me cry.
745 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 12/26/07

mikomiko123 wrote:


whazzupkp wrote:

this thread is pointless
but it is really sad that some people from the united states don't know much about one of the 50. For god's sake we are the 49th state.


lolz.. I feel bad too, I know more than them, even Im just new here in US from Asia (I wont tell you where in Asia), its just too ironic, that they know so little, yet I know so much... Its makes me cry.


im guessing china or korea.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.