First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Sex Isn't about love anymore?
137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 8/28/09
This is my personal opinion, I could be wrong on so many levels here but please read without judgement, otherwise ignore this.

All right, I can see what you mean. And I shall explain with what I know. Least what I think anyway.

Sex has been around since adults have been around and to explain some reasons why children explore sex is because. Well it is a hidden thing. Parents hide it from children because they believe they are protecting their innocents. Do not get me wrong. They have every reason to. It just all depends on how the child was brought up. If they will go on and accept it as an everyday thing and continue life or use the attained knowledge to show off to friends and to be "king of the playground", they are children after all.

Another reason why these days sex is meaningless is because from primary school, girls are have been told how to use condoms by school teachers, as well as that, other forms of protection. Now I think they have every reason to do this, "knowing is half the battle". But parents are well informed and have the choice if they want their children to learn about it. This is the same for boys but in secondary school.

It has been recently said that children are now accessing to pornographic content online at the average age of 11/12 years old. Now... this did not shock me as I discovered porn at the age of 12 and many of my friends did too. This is only because these days, parents do not know or do not bother setting up filters online which help protects the child innocents. Now. The Internet is one of the biggest sources for pornographic content but there are many others. TV; DVD; Magazines; and even in newspapers. I guess at this point I am trying to say that they will discover sex but only as the physical form. They do not understand where and how the emotion comes in. they will learn about sex, it just depends on the teachings.

Now. Here is the critical part. Teenagers. From the moment they reach a certain age they start to explore and become interested in others. This again, all depends on the teaching. My parents had "the talk" with me but even then, I was embarrassed to ask more in detail and of course all children/teenagers would feel the same unless the relationship between father and son/mother and daughter/parent and child was open to talk about sex (I think in most cases not open). I believe that it is with the responsibility of the parent or guardian to do the right teachings to guide them in the right direction. The next things are friends. Always be careful of who your friends are. Many of my friends were older and taught my a lot, whether that was to do with sex or understanding why she was crying after he left her in bed, or the other way around. Now I was lucky to have such friends to tell me about their first experiences and how they wished things turned out or what they wished they did not do. However it does not mean the same for others. The stage of teenagers is for them to experiment, try out. This is why children become rebellious and refuse to listen to their parents/guardians. Going out late at night, sleeping over friends’ houses on short notices, parties, drinking, drugs and sex. All in which are never told back to the parents until time has past. I guess this is the stage where things could cause problems in the future for them for when they turn into adults.

Now. When I first performed sex it was all planned out, both parties agreed to it, everything was right and it was even romantic. I guess you can say that because of it I see sex as a sign of love, trust and much more. So even though I cannot give my virginity to anyone else and because I have broken up with that partner I guess you can say that I cannot or will not perform the act of love without actually being ‘in love’ with that person. I guess you can say that I have had a good upbringing and that because I ‘knew’ about it in great detail, I was able to have with great passion and without regret. I guess you can say that I would not have full joy or trill if it was just an act of physical exercise.

Do not misunderstand me. I am not saying that if you do not feel the same way I do then your have a problem but I am expressing that I still remain passionate with the woman I desire. And that sex is one of the stages of the relationship.

I have no accounted everyone else’s opinion in this but it does not mean they are wrong.

Sex was just originally for reproduction. But that became lust and love can be born from that or can be confused with too. There is not a sure way these days as you can see. Many people do it for pleasure and fun, others see it as a kill time. Motive for sex is endless. And today there is no way to say which is right and which is wrong.

Sorry for any info which does not seem well spelt out.
Thanks for reading, hope this helped.
Posted 8/28/09
I blame porn.
Humans and dolphins are the only animals that feel pleasure from sex.
Why waste our gift?
Anyway, kids are annoying and fat.
The End.
1581 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / canada
Offline
Posted 8/28/09
Sex initially wasn't about love either, it was simply about making babies and continuing your "bloodline".

It became about love at some point, and now the excessive influences of the media, and internet has embedded in peoples minds the overwhelming pleasure of sex.

Its like smoking, "smoking is cool".

When people have sex they can feel good (pleasure), and brag about it...win win situation (except for of course the complications..)
516 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Florida
Offline
Posted 9/29/09
I think that there surely is a trend like that, but luckily, there' still many people, who value sex for what it should be. I know both kinds. Also, I think, that governments are in big fault, when they insist on starting sexual education earlier and earlier at schools, how the heck do they expect 8 year-olds to even think about something like that?!! (btw, I think sexual education should be something taken from home, not from teachers). Also adults trying really hard to find sexual references in cartoons and fairy tales. How the heck are kids supposed to stay innocent if grown ups show them all there is about sex, while trying to "hide it" from them.

It's scary but today's world starts to become more and more similar to that from "1984", and "Brave New World"
516 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Florida
Offline
Posted 9/29/09

wrote:

I blame porn.
Humans and dolphins are the only animals that feel pleasure from sex.


Porn is for losers.
Pigs can feel it too.

2633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / New York City, NY
Offline
Posted 9/29/09
When was sex ever about love?
Posted 9/29/09 , edited 9/29/09

leviathan343 wrote:
When was sex ever about love?
When mass medias altered popular opinions, but it's in fact desperate people are being desperate?
1136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / center of the earth
Offline
Posted 10/4/09

leviathan343 wrote:

When was sex ever about love?



i think sex is a commitment towards the love for one another. it is a way of showing your love towards your partner.
Sex is a part of love. if we view sex as a mere pathway to reproduction, then where does love fits?
i think the question should be since when love is about sex? if love is about sex then love is temporary because pleasure can never be fully satisfied.
462 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24
Offline
Posted 10/4/09
hasty generalization.

sex has different meanings in different parts of the globe. there are millions and millions of people in this world, and im sure they interpret sex in different ways. for some, sex is a game, a symbol, a hobby, a payment.

mind checking them all? sex is still about love for married couple. imagine how many couples we have in the world.
1136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / center of the earth
Offline
Posted 10/4/09
i think it is ourselves to be blame because we are being open minded about letting loose our desire instead of restricting it.
we think that it is ok because we cannot resist our fundamental human nature of having pleasure in copulating and believing that we are doing society good by producing humans.
and that we learn from everyone whom we looked upon as models (celebrities) who advertise sex as those it is totally normal to have your pleasure satisfied.
11716 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 10/4/09
Well humans are the only kind,that is having sex for pleasure(apart from the obvious reason)
I think the first time has to be with someone that cares about you,and he will wait for you,and he will be understanding.
But after you do it once(and it's done right)you will want more...
Today people get so used to sex just by watching TV,so they don't have a problem to have sex with someone who are not in a relationship with...
But I believe you can't have sex,if you don't have even the slightest feeling about the other one...and I don't mean love :P
I don't think sex is something sacred anymore..and it's everyone's fault...
372 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Aruba
Offline
Posted 10/4/09
All these things are basically tied to the moral values of each and everyone of us; individually. How we get there is all about how we grew up and the circumstances. I do believe the media we have nowadays is to blame for allot, but don't forget that things such as prostitution and exploiting the young has been happening since the dawn of human civilization. There are a million different ways to look at it, as someone said above, around the globe there are countless different views on it. As for my opinion, sex has found a powerful meaning; love, but has lost it long ago.

Most of us laugh when we look back at the earlier years where good little church boys/girls would wait for marriage. You can say whatever you want, even I disagree with it, but it did keep a form of control and influence on society. But that's going a bit into religion and I rather not. The thing is, that today it's seen as nothing more then good fun. And it is. But it's in human nature to exploit something that others can't wait to get, and the media isn't helping either.
2633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / New York City, NY
Offline
Posted 10/4/09

uekiyuri wrote:


leviathan343 wrote:

When was sex ever about love?



i think sex is a commitment towards the love for one another. it is a way of showing your love towards your partner.
Sex is a part of love. if we view sex as a mere pathway to reproduction, then where does love fits?
i think the question should be since when love is about sex? if love is about sex then love is temporary because pleasure can never be fully satisfied.


Why do prostitutes exist?
10652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Indonesia Raya
Offline
Posted 10/4/09

leviathan343 wrote:


uekiyuri wrote:


leviathan343 wrote:

When was sex ever about love?



i think sex is a commitment towards the love for one another. it is a way of showing your love towards your partner.
Sex is a part of love. if we view sex as a mere pathway to reproduction, then where does love fits?
i think the question should be since when love is about sex? if love is about sex then love is temporary because pleasure can never be fully satisfied.


Why do prostitutes exist?


Money involves.
2633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / New York City, NY
Offline
Posted 10/4/09

Ryutai-Desk wrote:


leviathan343 wrote:


uekiyuri wrote:


leviathan343 wrote:

When was sex ever about love?



i think sex is a commitment towards the love for one another. it is a way of showing your love towards your partner.
Sex is a part of love. if we view sex as a mere pathway to reproduction, then where does love fits?
i think the question should be since when love is about sex? if love is about sex then love is temporary because pleasure can never be fully satisfied.


Why do prostitutes exist?


Money involves.


Maybe people just like doing it without romantic feelings.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.