First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Kanamemo
27387 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 7/9/09 , edited 7/9/09

Nyarth wrote:

Awesome CR is bringing in the Yuris/Lolis =D
Loose translation (for the confused):

Awesome Crunchyroll is bringing in the LESBIAN/PEDOPHILIA



-_-


4032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New York
Offline
Posted 7/9/09 , edited 7/9/09

ti-chan wrote:


swtcakes wrote:

ti-chan wrote:
Bishoujo?.... that mean.. emmm.... full of romance?
But, middle school? [too bad can't check it ]

Bishoujo means something like beautiful young girl. If you're chinese or can read some Kanji, you would get a better idea of the meaning.
Here is the Kanji: 美少女.

Ah! I can read with [mandarin = mei (beautiful) shao (little [amount]) nu (women)]
You must have translate it too google right? You translate it to Japanese right?
If it going to be read by chinese it should be 美小女.
少 and 小 have same meaning but 少 for amount, and 小 for size
Ah! Sorry, this topic going to be OOT
and .... I thanks I understand now. But, with 'bishoujo genre' it (also) mean to romance, right?


Sorry to burst your bubble, but 美少女(Bishoujo / mei shao nv) means beautiful young girl in both Chinese and Japanese.
You can say 小女(xiao nv) in Chinese, but you'll end up sounding really weird lol.
But if you say 小女孩(xiao nv hai), then it just means little girl (maybe age 2-10ish).
少女(shao nv) is used more often in Chinese when referring to young pretty girls around the teen years (maybe 12-20 ish?)
It's hard to say.

Similarly in Japanese, 少女 is young girl, just like in Chinese.

Btw, I don't think Bishoujo is a genre... none that I heard of.
Shoujo is in fact a genre. The shoujo genre generally aims for young teen girls.
But then again! what do I know, perhaps bishoujo is a genre? lol Just none of the animes I watch is part of that mysterious genre =P

[edit] No, I didn't google the translation? O.o;;
I don't give language lessons unless I already know it ^^;;
Besides, online translators suck a lot =P
Posted 7/9/09
SLICE OF LIFE! Right? ^^;;
Posted 7/9/09 , edited 7/9/09

alive86 wrote:


The_X_box_360 wrote:


michana wrote:

Let me know what you think!



I think we reap what we sow.

*looks at his child.....*
*adds CR to restrictions filter list*



lol, ditto.




@Crunchyroll
Please if possible, notify us of the genre and rating of the said animation first. Being that it is new and has no info or ratings I thought this show looked appropriate for a 10 year old to watch and boy was I wrong. I let my cousin watch with me and we got 5 mins into the show before I had to shut it off. Some sort of simple rating system like the ERSB would be nice.

Now thats all said and done and I actually got to watch the show man was I thinking WTF am I watching? I must say this show is a little to over the top for me, but it is kinda funny. I'll give it another shot atleast.

This is a PG-13 site, You shouldn't be letting little children watch anime here.
34583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/9/09 , edited 7/9/09
Yes I am well aware that it is however that doesn't change the fact that there is content above that pg-13 rating. I am looking for ratings for myself, as I don't like having to watch an episode of a new show to find out about the content.
Posted 7/9/09

alive86 wrote:

Yes I am well aware that it is however that doesn't change the fact that there is content above that pg-13 rating. I am looking for ratings for myself, as I don't like having to watch an episode of a new show to find out about the content.


If it's censored, And there's no sex, it's PG-13.
9654 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / take a guess
Offline
Posted 7/9/09
if parents want to know if the show is ok for kids to watch then GOOGLE the show first. i mean its like all parents do is complain now a days. instead of just researching about the show they come and complain. while i do think a rating system would be good its just annoying that so many parents arent using their heads at all. Usually before i watch a show i look into it a bit to see whats its like and if i was a parent i would do that for my kids and also watch the show before hand aswell. thats how a hand full of parents or others could solve this problem until CR gets a rating system. anyways nice job CR on the yuri series keep it up, there is so much stupid yaoi out there so we need to see some more yuri series!
34583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/9/09 , edited 7/9/09

marumo-kun wrote:


alive86 wrote:


The_X_box_360 wrote:


michana wrote:

Let me know what you think!



I think we reap what we sow.

*looks at his child.....*
*adds CR to restrictions filter list*



lol, ditto.




@Crunchyroll
Please if possible, notify us of the genre and rating of the said animation first. Being that it is new and has no info or ratings I thought this show looked appropriate for a 10 year old to watch and boy was I wrong. I let my cousin watch with me and we got 5 mins into the show before I had to shut it off. Some sort of simple rating system like the ERSB would be nice.

Now thats all said and done and I actually got to watch the show man was I thinking WTF am I watching? I must say this show is a little to over the top for me, but it is kinda funny. I'll give it another shot atleast.

This is a PG-13 site, You shouldn't be letting little children watch anime here.


Maybe my use of the word ratings here is incorrect. A simple addition of what genre an anime is on the page would suffice.


marumo-kun wrote:


alive86 wrote:

Yes I am well aware that it is however that doesn't change the fact that there is content above that pg-13 rating. I am looking for ratings for myself, as I don't like having to watch an episode of a new show to find out about the content.


If it's censored, And there's no sex, it's PG-13.

That isn't entirely correct, but in the broad sense yes. The actual premise and the content of the show is factored in when give a rating. Kananemo would not get a pg-13 rating in North America, maybe 14-A if it was lucky. Pedophillia, child molestation is something that isn't taken very lightly in North America and would more than likely immediately get a Rated R slapped on it.
Posted 7/9/09

alive86 wrote:


marumo-kun wrote:


alive86 wrote:


The_X_box_360 wrote:


michana wrote:

Let me know what you think!



I think we reap what we sow.

*looks at his child.....*
*adds CR to restrictions filter list*



lol, ditto.




@Crunchyroll
Please if possible, notify us of the genre and rating of the said animation first. Being that it is new and has no info or ratings I thought this show looked appropriate for a 10 year old to watch and boy was I wrong. I let my cousin watch with me and we got 5 mins into the show before I had to shut it off. Some sort of simple rating system like the ERSB would be nice.

Now thats all said and done and I actually got to watch the show man was I thinking WTF am I watching? I must say this show is a little to over the top for me, but it is kinda funny. I'll give it another shot atleast.

This is a PG-13 site, You shouldn't be letting little children watch anime here.


Maybe my use of the word ratings here is incorrect. A simple addition of what genre an anime is on the page would suffice.



Oh.
Posted 7/9/09

alive86 wrote:


marumo-kun wrote:


alive86 wrote:


The_X_box_360 wrote:


michana wrote:

Let me know what you think!



I think we reap what we sow.

*looks at his child.....*
*adds CR to restrictions filter list*



lol, ditto.




@Crunchyroll
Please if possible, notify us of the genre and rating of the said animation first. Being that it is new and has no info or ratings I thought this show looked appropriate for a 10 year old to watch and boy was I wrong. I let my cousin watch with me and we got 5 mins into the show before I had to shut it off. Some sort of simple rating system like the ERSB would be nice.

Now thats all said and done and I actually got to watch the show man was I thinking WTF am I watching? I must say this show is a little to over the top for me, but it is kinda funny. I'll give it another shot atleast.

This is a PG-13 site, You shouldn't be letting little children watch anime here.


Maybe my use of the word ratings here is incorrect. A simple addition of what genre an anime is on the page would suffice.


marumo-kun wrote:


alive86 wrote:

Yes I am well aware that it is however that doesn't change the fact that there is content above that pg-13 rating. I am looking for ratings for myself, as I don't like having to watch an episode of a new show to find out about the content.


If it's censored, And there's no sex, it's PG-13.

That isn't entirely correct, but in the broad sense yes. The actual premise and the content of the show is factored in when give a rating. Kananemo would not get a pg-13 rating in North America, maybe 14-A if it was lucky. Pedophillia, child molestation is something that isn't taken very lightly in North America and would more than likely immediately get a Rated R slapped on it.


Wait, Pedophilia?
34583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/9/09 , edited 7/9/09
Pedophillia, the involvement of some of age with a minor sexually.
Kanamemo is a lolicon. Where I live in Ontario atleast, a lolicon wouldn't been seen for its humor and different approach and be purely seen as pedophillia.

I can understand the humor behind it as I watch a wide variety of anime and tv shows. Show this to one of my friends and I would be ripped on for watching something with a messed up sense of humor and is disturbing.
Posted 7/9/09

alive86 wrote:

Pedophillia, the involvement of some of age with a minor sexually.
Kanamemo is a lolicon.

No, I know what it meant, i just assumed it was an innocent Shoujo-Ai anime.
60089 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M
Offline
Posted 7/9/09 , edited 7/9/09
Wow, I wasnt too excited about this series at first as it seems mediocre and fan-service-y .

But since I've seen all the idiots claiming that cutesy animations of busty women hugging little kids, is somehow equivalent to real adults doing horrible things to real children; I'm glad CR decided to pick up this series.

THANK YOU FOR THIS SERIES CRUNCHYROLL!

/not sarcasm

it's good to know that CR knows the difference between playful drawings and real unforgivable crimes.
61988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Somewhere in Cali...
Offline
Posted 7/9/09
regardless I still do not think that the anime should be pulled. There are a few things however that should be done to make this site a little more child friendly.

First the anime should be given a rating or at least there should be a warning that the anime contains adult content. Next the anime should be restricted so that you have to sign into your account to view it. This does not mean that you have to pay for an account you just have to sign into your free or paid account. Now that you are signed in the website should check the age listed on your account and stop you from viewing the show if you are under 15 or 16.

Also I think that parents should be able to create both parent and child accounts. The parent account would have full access to everything and would be able to manage the child accounts. This way the parent can decide for him/herself which anime's their kids can and cannot watch. If the parent account has a paid membership then he or she should be able to give their children a paid membership as well at a discounted rate of say 1/4th or 1/2 the normal price.

Well anyways these are just a few ideas on how to resolve this issue in a way that everyone can be happy with.
60089 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M
Offline
Posted 7/9/09 , edited 7/9/09

alive86 wrote:

Pedophillia, the involvement of some of age with a minor sexually.
Kanamemo is a lolicon. Where I live in Ontario atleast, a lolicon wouldn't been seen for its humor and different approach and be purely seen as pedophillia.


I know i should shut up but, Kanamemo is not a lolicon, Its an animated tv show, some of it's viewers may be lolicons but that's not my point.

I'll bit my tongue about my other thoughts on wether pedophilia has ANYTHING to do with this series, as I've already mentioned them earlier in this thread.



First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.