First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Only for Scottish
Posted 6/3/08
I'm not from scotland, but My grandpa came form scotland
8859 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24
Offline
Posted 6/3/08
Im in Scotland
I live in Abderdeenshire, which is near the coast and of course Aberdeen ^^
27158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / 大迷宮
Offline
Posted 6/3/08
My sister is from Scotland.


But she's hella bored with CR. Woot.
Anyways, she's now living here in the Philippines. LOL.
391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / P-Town
Offline
Posted 6/3/08
Nope, but nice skirts
5796 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Santa Destroy
Offline
Posted 6/3/08

animoo_x wrote:


insane_killer_bunny wrote:


chocuqueen wrote:

not me. T^T''
well.. scotland is okay place..
i know guys wear skirt.. i think its called kelt? i THINKKK not sure..



it's called a kilt. i'm not scottish but it is part of my uniform to wear one.... WHY!! we are in a very very southern part of England! why must we wear kilts?! they flap open when the wind blows.... it was very very windy today


Haha I share your pain ^^ And it's even worse for me 'cos living in Scotland means you get the added joy of Scottish weather on top of the usual dreaded British weather ^^

And guys in kilts are hawt stuff

*EDIT: @chocuqueen - we're not allowed to wear trousers. My school is rather strict on uniform T_T


Are you kidding me? Guys in kilts are freakin scary. e_o
Posted 6/3/08
animoo are there a lot of asians in scotland? ive heard there are a lot of racism towards asian (maybe blacks) due to a very small minority of other ethnic groups.

lol. i really cant understand very strong scottish accent its like a whole different language even though its still british english
980 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / see below..
Offline
Posted 6/3/08 , edited 6/3/08
Im scottish...live in england atm but i was born in Glasgow and im moving back in a month. :D
Im so proud to be scottish!
We have the best whisky
and really friendly awesome people...
and IRN BRU!! omg u have to try it! its like this really cultural drink for us

Btw we dont really wear kilts .. only sometimes for weddings and stuff..
a true scotsman has nothing on under his kilt lol
1131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Scotland
Offline
Posted 6/3/08
I am from that truly lovey sunny place called scotland

and as for the kilt.. outside of a weddding i've never axctually seen one... and i've lived here my whole life.. but that would be a picture on a saturday night, guys falling out the pubs in kilts..lol

and Irn Bru is the best drink ever.. but they want to change it. BOOO..

no more orange colour fizzy juice.
Posted 6/3/08
I have a friend who is Scottish, her bro has a hott Scottish accent. hehe
301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / ball ground
Offline
Posted 6/3/08

Mirami wrote:

Anybody here from Scotland ??
I want to know because in summer vacation I may come to Scotland
and I want some friends to tell me about Scotland


I'm not from Scotland, but i've been there and i'm about 40% scottish. It really depends where you are in Scotland. In a lot of places it's pretty cold and it rains a lot. But i love it there and the scenery is great. Wearing kilts isn't that bad either, you just need to wear it the traditional way.
3311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Nottingham/Manche...
Offline
Posted 6/4/08
I have a lot of family in Scotland. I'm part Scottish anyway.
I'd recommend going in to the Cream o' Galloway if you're near it. Really nice ice cream.
I think my family live in Motherwell... but I haven't been in a long time. Well I'll probably visit them soon.
Glasgow is a nice place, I'd recommend going. Ahh so long since I've been to Scotland.
Posted 6/4/08

JohnR32 wrote:

animoo are there a lot of asians in scotland? ive heard there are a lot of racism towards asian (maybe blacks) due to a very small minority of other ethnic groups.

lol. i really cant understand very strong scottish accent its like a whole different language even though its still british english


There are more asians in Glasgow, Edinburgh and Dundee because of it being the major cities but not so much where I live.
Scotland's probably less racist than England because of the fact that Scottish people have a culture of generally being more acceptable of other ethnicities. The whole "One Scotland. No room for racism" thing is really important to the current government and I've lived here for about 5 years now and have not experienced any form of racism. I can't say the same for when I lived in England though =]
Saying that though I don't think you'll be able to find anywhere in the UK that doesn't have racism. It's just less obvious and outspoken in some places.

You only get strong Scottish accents in places like Glasgow. It's annoying because in the majority of news they always interview people in Glasgow and/or Edinburgh which means a lot of people have the perception that that is what a Scottish accent is. But that is only the regional accent of that city.
If you come more towards the NE of Scotland where I live the accent is actually quite pure and natural...or some people might call it posh ^^
16330 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Metro City
Offline
Posted 6/4/08
I thought you were going to talk about haggis.
5384 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ふぃりぴん!
Offline
Posted 6/4/08

animoo_x wrote:


There are more asians in Glasgow, Edinburgh and Dundee because of it being the major cities but not so much where I live.
Scotland's probably less racist than England because of the fact that Scottish people have a culture of generally being more acceptable of other ethnicities. The whole "One Scotland. No room for racism" thing is really important to the current government and I've lived here for about 5 years now and have not experienced any form of racism. I can't say the same for when I lived in England though =]
Saying that though I don't think you'll be able to find anywhere in the UK that doesn't have racism. It's just less obvious and outspoken in some places.

You only get strong Scottish accents in places like Glasgow. It's annoying because in the majority of news they always interview people in Glasgow and/or Edinburgh which means a lot of people have the perception that that is what a Scottish accent is. But that is only the regional accent of that city.
If you come more towards the NE of Scotland where I live the accent is actually quite pure and natural...or some people might call it posh ^^




do scottish and british accent have differences? i find both very, erm, really strong and posh.
Posted 6/4/08

x1JhaYThieR4x wrote:

do scottish and british accent have differences? i find both very, erm, really strong and posh.


Yea they definitely do have differences but again you can't generalise the accents into Scottish and British (Note that if you say British accent this includes Scottish as Britain = England + Scotland + Wales + Northern Ireland ^^)

Just like with most accents it's all split into regions and different cities and they do vary quite a lot. Like I think the accent where I live is quite natural, slightly posh and really nice but I think the Glasweigan accent is very crass and hard to understand.

Your impression of the accents being strong is probably because you're used to hearing people who have strong accents speak, for example on the TV etc. You just need to remember that that's only a limited glimpse of the accents that we have in the UK. If you have that in mind you'll avoid stereotyping =]
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.