First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
The Word 'GAY'
70633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 12/28/07

apeazy wrote:
'homo', and 'stupid')


And therein lies the problem. Making Homosexual synonymous with Stupid...
That's just naff! ^_~


bjay_ang wrote:

Gay:

To Used as Noun: To state a certain guy who has sexual interest with other guys.
Ex: You are a Gay.

To Used as a Verb: To state a guy do some "disgusting" attitude towards some other guys, such as touch slowly a boys hair, Kisses the boy etc.
Ex: He is Gaying John.

To Used as an Adjective: To express a person who is Gay and have a gay attitude
Ex: The Gayish John is molesting Tim.

Adapted from bjay_ang Advance Dictionary, 3rd edition.

Warning: This is just my opinion, it is not true... As this dictionary is not popular...


I can see why... those are barely words


Aegis85 wrote:

thanks for understanding me!
LOL~is my english sounds really bad?


Not bad no, easily understandable but it is non-standard (but then almost every dialect deviates in some way)

For example:
is my english sounds really bad?
=
Does my English sound really bad?
OR
Does my English really sound bad?

In the first the word "really" is being used as an intensifier, i.e. it makes it sound like your English is even worse. Bad => Worse/Really Bad

I'm not really sure how to describe it. ^^:


zgrg wrote:

Gay are 'vagina haters' ..or simply, 'oooh his ass'......
that Gay, is like 'Guys' Ass Yahoooooo'..!
(dats y it's synonym is happy, becaue they are always happy together)..about the 'Ass' n 'Hole'.......!!..
p.s i am not Gay..!..hehe..i just want to laugh at them...their fake happiness..!! ouch ouch!!..


Now that is a much worse use of the English language.


HokiePokie wrote:

Just because a few homosexual people like it DOESN'T mean it's ok. Homosexual people shouldn't be grouped as a whole.


Exactly, it's like saying Americans think this or Europeans are like that. In such large groups it's impossible to say that everyone feels something.


voidlugiron wrote:

I thought faggot was some British food? o.O


Fag = Cigarette
Faggot = Bundle of Sticks burnt in place of a log OR A meatball like food.


Your_Typical_Friend wrote:

i use alternative words like..fags, queers, jesus's rejects, fruits, curves. never that word.


Queer is fine as far as some people are concerned (It's a more encompassing word and is much easier to remember than LQBT ... and whatever the rest of the letters are) but to some people it's still insulting. See HokiePokie's first post.


jevlord94 wrote:

The word GAYwas first meant happy but some DUMBASS started using it to mean homosexuality and it caught on


Gay acquired the meanings "irresponsible" and sexual uninhibited. (How Scandalous!) Before meaning "homosexual".
26851 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Few kilometres fr...
Offline
Posted 12/28/07
^ thanks for ur explanation. i love & realy appriciate it.
70633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 12/28/07

Aegis85 wrote:

^ thanks for ur explanation. i love & realy appriciate it.


That's alright.

I was floundering around earlier so I'll finish now:

“Does my English really sound bad?”

Indicates surprise. If you thought that your English was perfect then you would say “Does my English really sound bad?”. If you knew it wasn't perfect but thought that it was understandable then you would say "Does my English sound really bad?”
536 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / ಠ_ಠ
Offline
Posted 12/29/07
OKAY. all i have to say is this: for EVERYONE who uses the word "gay" as a derogatory term--yes, if you're substituting "dumb" "stupid" or any other synonym--would you use the word "nigger" in that way? and i don't mean to say it offensively, just as a word. would you go out and say "that's so n***"? most people would say "no" because it's THEIR word. it's okay for black (not all black people are necessarily from africa) people to use the word because it comes from their struggle, it comes from their culture. it's the same to me as the word "gay". i use "gay" sometimes because i'm queer and i can. but if you're straight, then it somehow carries a different, and negative weight to it. just the way the n word does if non-black people use it. sometimes i wish some of us queers would be JUST AS EFFIN HOSTILE and AGGRESSIVE as the people who beat us down, people who kill us, people who deny us rights--basic HUMAN rights. it wouldn't be as much of an issue--this word--but violence only breeds more violence. but sometimes i really wish it would happen. for the INNOCENT kids who have been KILLED, RAPED, BEAT UP for LOVING differently that society usually condones.

for all of you homophobes out there: say you had a kid. you loved your son/daughter. and you spouted anti-homosexual stuff to them since birth. and one day you son/daughter KILLS HIM/HERSELF. and you actually LOVED your kid. how would you feel if that happened to you? if someone you knew and loved had to DIE because of something like that? would you STOP loving your child. would you KILL your own CHILD because of his/her sexuality?
6589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Eau Claire, WI, US
Offline
Posted 12/29/07

nostalgicreflection wrote:

well...it doesn't matter how people use the word gay...

just like gay people - using their gay lingo, the people who are associating the word "gay" are only using the word as an expression...i don't think they are molesting the word...

and besides, its freedom of speech T_T


yeah, but when most people are useing the word gay, there meaning is "stupid" so when saying gay, It's as if they are calling those gay people stupid.
14495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Way of The Ninja...
Offline
Posted 12/29/07

dylansayshello wrote:

OKAY. all i have to say is this: for EVERYONE who uses the word "gay" as a derogatory term--yes, if you're substituting "dumb" "stupid" or any other synonym--would you use the word "nigger" in that way? and i don't mean to say it offensively, just as a word. would you go out and say "that's so n***"? most people would say "no" because it's THEIR word. it's okay for black (not all black people are necessarily from africa) people to use the word because it comes from their struggle, it comes from their culture. it's the same to me as the word "gay". i use "gay" sometimes because i'm queer and i can. but if you're straight, then it somehow carries a different, and negative weight to it. just the way the n word does if non-black people use it. sometimes i wish some of us queers would be JUST AS EFFIN HOSTILE and AGGRESSIVE as the people who beat us down, people who kill us, people who deny us rights--basic HUMAN rights. it wouldn't be as much of an issue--this word--but violence only breeds more violence. but sometimes i really wish it would happen. for the INNOCENT kids who have been KILLED, RAPED, BEAT UP for LOVING differently that society usually condones.

for all of you homophobes out there: say you had a kid. you loved your son/daughter. and you spouted anti-homosexual stuff to them since birth. and one day you son/daughter KILLS HIM/HERSELF. and you actually LOVED your kid. how would you feel if that happened to you? if someone you knew and loved had to DIE because of something like that? would you STOP loving your child. would you KILL your own CHILD because of his/her sexuality?


Problem with the nigger defense is Nigger was used to slam slaves. And honestly, I would if I knew I wouldn't get sued for it. Oh and your argument, it comes out, pretty retoded.

Ok, I have a kid who is gay and kills himself, yes I get deppressed, and I either move on or never get over it. What's your point? Are you saying we should all lie down and be tolerant of everything? WELL MAYBE, I like to kill little animals, be tolerant of my animal killing and I will be tolerant of your problems ^_^

We are slowly losing the morals of today. Oh and to the original question, who cares? So what if someone uses gay wrongly? What if I decide to use freedom instead of the F word? We are free and allowed to do as we please. Heck I don't even care if this kid is gay, just don't try to preach your gayness at me and tell me to tolerate it.

Lastly, yes, guys are wimpier today then ever. It's disgusting. Used to be guys joined the army cause they cared about the nation, now they "Rebel" by not joining but the truth is they are to scared too.


wolzen wrote:

gay is a birth defect so they should just get a bisecteme and live their gay little life so their dna doesn't get passed on


*I apologize in advance for this double post.

How would a gay gene get passed on? Doesn't homosexuality defeat the purpose of having children? Also, prove how it's a birth defect.
727 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / where i want to be
Offline
Posted 12/29/07
the word "gay" sounds messed up to me.
46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/29/07
Stop double posting, use copy and paste if necessary and use the edit button.
1197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 12/29/07
Gay means "happy" - I wish the shirt lifters could have found another word to describe themselves
-what was wrong with "queer" or "poof" or "homosexual"?
2498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Michigan.
Offline
Posted 12/29/07
i understand what you mean.
people associate the word 'gay' with things that aggravate them.
or piss them off. whatever.
it's used to describe something they don't like.

"that shirt is gay."

i hate it when people do that.
my really close friend is gay, and i want to slap people who just can't accept that.

"dude, that kid is gay."
"AH, LIKE, DUMB AND GAY, I GET IT OMG."

aklsdfja.
598 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / somewhere here
Offline
Posted 12/29/07
hey gays are fun to be with. . . some are good in styling hairs and are talkative. never ending stories about boys hehe. . .
welook 
17501 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / havent u noticed...
Offline
Posted 12/29/07
meh it usally means wierd, but when used ,for real, means homo
7117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Somewhere in Bay...
Offline
Posted 12/29/07
I'm one of the people who misuse the gay a lot -_-
I know it's wrong and all, but I can't help it I'm stupid and yea...It's bad, but my brother does act gay at times, but yea...I'm not using it as much as before like for things like "That's gay!" or something like that. But it can be happy somethimes...>.<
2193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Unknown
Offline
Posted 12/29/07
i dont give a crap about that..xD
26851 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Few kilometres fr...
Offline
Posted 12/30/07
but, would it be kinda harsh for gay? i mean, it's like when u use "awww, that's so gay" to say "that's so stupid", isn't it like the word meaning is been violated? coz ppl around the world use the word to describe 'homosexuality'.
That would also mean gays lost their sexuality name, like they have to find/create another word for sexual interest between man n man.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.