First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Haruhi Suzumiya Endless Eight
1429 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Netherland Antilles
Offline
Posted 7/25/09 , edited 7/25/09
Does anybody know if this ever going to end? I mean after four episodes of the same thing. I think I'm getting tired of this. And aren't they just wasting episodes? I mean the second season only has 14 episodes, if they are seriously going to make an endless eight 8 episodes, there wouldn't be much left for the 'disappareance of haruhi suzumiya' which was the main thing of this season.

And if the makers are trying to make us feel how hard it was for Nagato to remember all that stuff going through it for 15 thousand times, then yes we get it already. JUST MOVE ON WITH THE STORY!!!

38 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 7/25/09

CG111777 wrote:

It will end when it ends. As long as it does end at some point. I think it is brilliant. You people just have no patience because you are mostly not old farts like me. The audience needs to SUFFER the time loop just like the characters do. The writers want you to whine and moan about. it. It's causing quite an uproar and that is what they were going for. I don't think there is an anime that is more interactive with its audience.

so so true. right on, exactly.
187493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 7/25/09
I think it's stupid and a waste of time.
173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Chicago
Offline
Posted 7/27/09
The idea is genius from a financial stand point. You only hire the actors to say about 5 words and the artists to make a few adjustments and blam there goes the episode for the week. As for me being a fan of the series I am disappointed that they would continue a single episode this long with no plot development. I hate to find myself watchin an episode hoping for change and everything is still the same. This better tie into one hell of an ending because your reputation is on the line
126 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 7/27/09
This is probably the WORST SECOND SEASON OF A TV SERIES! (Anyone disagree? This may be a good forum topic-titled"what show do you think had the worst second season?")
The series was great for its randomness. Now its the same stuff over and over. On paper it was probably an interesting concept, but not so much in execution. The story needs to move on. As the God cartoon in the 24-second deleted scene of Monty Python and the Holy Grail once said:
"GET ON WITH IT!"
The Wise Wizard
100945 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 7/27/09

CG111777 wrote:

It will end when it ends. As long as it does end at some point. I think it is brilliant. You people just have no patience because you are mostly not old farts like me. The audience needs to SUFFER the time loop just like the characters do. The writers want you to whine and moan about. it. It's causing quite an uproar and that is what they were going for. I don't think there is an anime that is more interactive with its audience.


While it may have artistic merit, it may turn out to be bad choice from a business standpoint. Whether we like it or not, anime is first and foremost, a business. It would be interesting to see the ratings for these episodes in Japan. I'll wager they have been steadily dropping. While any show will have the faithful that will watch just about anything that is part of the series, the bulk of the audience is made of more casual viewers. I expect the bulk of casual viewers in Japan are tuning in, seeing it looks like the same episode, and flipping to another channel.

When it comes to DVD sales, how many people are going to shell out for the DVD's that contain what are essentially repeats of the same episode with different viewing angles for the scenes, different clothing being worn, etc.?
1363 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / South Carolina
Offline
Posted 7/28/09 , edited 7/28/09

TheAncientOne wrote:


CG111777 wrote:

It will end when it ends. As long as it does end at some point. I think it is brilliant. You people just have no patience because you are mostly not old farts like me. The audience needs to SUFFER the time loop just like the characters do. The writers want you to whine and moan about. it. It's causing quite an uproar and that is what they were going for. I don't think there is an anime that is more interactive with its audience.


While it may have artistic merit, it may turn out to be bad choice from a business standpoint. Whether we like it or not, anime is first and foremost, a business. It would be interesting to see the ratings for these episodes in Japan. I'll wager they have been steadily dropping. While any show will have the faithful that will watch just about anything that is part of the series, the bulk of the audience is made of more casual viewers. I expect the bulk of casual viewers in Japan are tuning in, seeing it looks like the same episode, and flipping to another channel.

When it comes to DVD sales, how many people are going to shell out for the DVD's that contain what are essentially repeats of the same episode with different viewing angles for the scenes, different clothing being worn, etc.?



From a ratings standpoint - I think it definitely hurts during the weeks these episodes are airing, and I cringe to think about the actual REPEATS of the endless eight episodes. However, I think the ratings will take a huge jump once this arc is over. More importantly I think the arc adds to the "mystique" of the series. There is a religion out there for this show. The followers will remain though many casual viewers will be turned off. I consider myself more of a casual follower, but I still kind of like eventhough right after I want it I am annoyed. It really does feel that "The Goddess " is angry or not content with her followers and this is her wrath. The hardcore Haruites are going to be talking about this for a long time and all of you that have watched even just 2-3 of the episodes will remember them well forever. And even though it is pretty much of the same episode over and over. It's a good episode! waaaaa Kyon-kun. I called classified information for classified information, and when there was no classified information. LOLOLOLOLOL! I just look at it as one awesome episode.

Now back the ratings. The problem is you spend money on 8 episodes - so as long as they didn't have to spend much, which I doubt they did since it is basically the same episode, its like 8 episodes for the price of say 2.4. So as long as the ratings are good enough to not make up the difference in cost savings. It seems like it will work quite well actually.

DVDs - The casual viewers don't usually buy the DVDs anyways. And people will buy it for others as presents. It will be bought buy people who haven't seen it before, because I think by the time the series is over it will get high marks.
11232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Australia.
Offline
Posted 7/28/09
It showed me that the Haruhi series sucks even more then i thought it did before hand.

Who the fuck makes countless episodes exactly the same in all ways besides a few minor differences.
What ever the producers of it were smoking, I'm sure reality hit them when they started airing it. For these timeloops, do it in a episode or two and get over it.
1363 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / South Carolina
Offline
Posted 7/28/09

slowdude wrote:

It showed me that the Haruhi series sucks even more then i thought it did before hand.

Who the fuck makes countless episodes exactly the same in all ways besides a few minor differences.
What ever the producers of it were smoking, I'm sure reality hit them when they started airing it. For these timeloops, do it in a episode or two and get over it.


They weren't smoking anything. They're making big time money. They turned in 8 weeks of episodes in 1 and 1/2 weeks, and they never told us it was going to be the same thing over and over so we keep watching it because we already saw three or so episodes, and didn't want to waste that time or it hooks us. If you are are saying is sucks, what does it mean if you are still watching it? Why do you say it has always sucks and then watched it some more? I saw like 3 episodes of Naruto and said it sucks, and I've never watched anymore of it since. Chances are you just aren't into this genre of anime. I am not either. I can't watch that K-on! and School Rumble and Tora Dora crizap. The only reason I like this show is because it is so freaking out there and they always find ways to do things like this that is so completely outside of the box. But I guess some people just get it and some people don't.
11232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Australia.
Offline
Posted 7/29/09

CG111777 wrote:


slowdude wrote:

It showed me that the Haruhi series sucks even more then i thought it did before hand.

Who the fuck makes countless episodes exactly the same in all ways besides a few minor differences.
What ever the producers of it were smoking, I'm sure reality hit them when they started airing it. For these timeloops, do it in a episode or two and get over it.


They weren't smoking anything. They're making big time money. They turned in 8 weeks of episodes in 1 and 1/2 weeks, and they never told us it was going to be the same thing over and over so we keep watching it because we already saw three or so episodes, and didn't want to waste that time or it hooks us. If you are are saying is sucks, what does it mean if you are still watching it? Why do you say it has always sucks and then watched it some more? I saw like 3 episodes of Naruto and said it sucks, and I've never watched anymore of it since. Chances are you just aren't into this genre of anime. I am not either. I can't watch that K-on! and School Rumble and Tora Dora crizap. The only reason I like this show is because it is so freaking out there and they always find ways to do things like this that is so completely outside of the box. But I guess some people just get it and some people don't.


Who said I'm still watching it, i stopped after 5 minutes into the second episode when i realised it was exactly the same. Its true its my personal opinion that it sucks. Other people can like it fair enough. I guess i never really got it. Meh.
18391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Homeless
Offline
Posted 7/29/09
Endless Eight Drives Otaku to Destruction

11894 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / Windy City
Offline
Posted 7/29/09

Halcyon_ wrote:

EVERY EP = SEE MIKURU/HARUHI/YUKI WEARING SWIM SUITS

why not?


on top of it .... they where different swim suit everytime ....

and everyone ... u guys need to relax .... "the melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi" ... the first season of this.. the episode went crazy .... and now .. it's nothing compare to those ......
11894 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / Windy City
Offline
Posted 7/29/09
and .... this is just an ANIME ... who care about it ... chill ppl .....
1363 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / South Carolina
Offline
Posted 7/29/09 , edited 7/29/09
LOL. People will appreciate it much more once this arc is long over. Man they really stirred up a lot of controversy. I bet someone makes a ton of money off of "I survived the Endless Eight" Haruhi T-shirts.
21478 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Camelot
Offline
Posted 7/29/09

CG111777 wrote:

LOL. People will appreciate it much more once this arc is long over. Man they really stirred up a lot of controversy. I bet someone makes a ton of money off of "I survived the Endless Eight" Haruhi T-shirts.


XD Probably they will make that, it would make sense.

But, yeah it's getting kind of irritating... even fi I don't care for the anime, I can't help but get a little bothered by the repetiveness...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.