First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Avatar Movie is Racist
66 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / M
Offline
Posted 7/18/09

assassian_creed wrote:

so what if hes white maybe he can act well, just cause if hes not asian doesn't mean that hes gonna do great and all wtf how do u know aang is asian just cause he has a flat nose?? and the series wasn't even created by japanese ppl assholes just cause its a fukin cartoon u all ppl think tht japanese ppl made it, the writers are white they were created by Michael Dante DiMartino, Bryan Konietzko, u ppl are soo fukin ignorant


Actually Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko were influenced by asian art, asian martial arts, and even the writings are East Asian calligraphy so naturally, yeah there should've been at least an asian actor somewhere as one of the main characters. Just about everything about Avatar is asian. I'm against this whole movie. What I don't understand is why create something that's obviously a certain culture and yet Hollywood is not giving any credit or respect to those who created their culture in the first place. This is like stealing something from someone and say it's your own thing! Reminds me of the Kung Fu TV series which was Bruce Lee's idea but Warner Bros stole it and didn't allow Bruce to star on the show which he had helped create in the first place, so yeah there's still racism in Hollywood!

Below is a link if anyone wants to protest this film.

hhttp://www.petitiononline.com/racebend/petition.html
2233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Why
Offline
Posted 7/19/09

joecool7 wrote:


assassian_creed wrote:

so what if hes white maybe he can act well, just cause if hes not asian doesn't mean that hes gonna do great and all wtf how do u know aang is asian just cause he has a flat nose?? and the series wasn't even created by japanese ppl assholes just cause its a fukin cartoon u all ppl think tht japanese ppl made it, the writers are white they were created by Michael Dante DiMartino, Bryan Konietzko, u ppl are soo fukin ignorant


Actually Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko were influenced by asian art, asian martial arts, and even the writings are East Asian calligraphy so naturally, yeah there should've been at least an asian actor somewhere as one of the main characters. Just about everything about Avatar is asian. I'm against this whole movie. What I don't understand is why create something that's obviously a certain culture and yet Hollywood is not giving any credit or respect to those who created their culture in the first place. This is like stealing something from someone and say it's your own thing! Reminds me of the Kung Fu TV series which was Bruce Lee's idea but Warner Bros stole it and didn't allow Bruce to star on the show which he had helped create in the first place, so yeah there's still racism in Hollywood!

Below is a link if anyone wants to protest this film.

hhttp://www.petitiononline.com/racebend/petition.html


So let me ask you something then, does that mean you're saying that white people can't be like asian people. That's like saying asian people can't be black people or mexican or whatever. But unlike you, I believe they can. And don't act like you don't know anyone like that. So in fact you're being racist along with the other people protesting.
66 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / M
Offline
Posted 7/19/09 , edited 7/19/09
What?! I said there should've been at least an asian actor somewhere as a main character (besides a bad guy I mean). I never said white people can't act like asian. People are protesting because the film already looks like it's not staying true to the Avatar series. Stop changing my comment, I just didn't want this film to end up like Dragonball Evolution (not saying they're the same), but still, they both have asian influence. Why make a thread about Avatar movie being racist? I was just answering your post.

One other thing, how come in the Avatar movie the bad guy (though jesse mccartney was originally cast which I already know), and the supporting cast members are minorities and yet the good guys are white? Same thing happend with DB movie cast (except for bad guy). Also, the movie 21 was changed to a white actor (with white supporting cast members) even though the story was based on a true story about an asian MIT student. Don't you see a pattern here? Or is it just me?
2890 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / sexiness
Offline
Posted 7/19/09

gwingman wrote:


assassian_creed wrote:

so what if hes white maybe he can act well, just cause if hes not asian doesn't mean that hes gonna do great and all wtf how do u know aang is asian just cause he has a flat nose?? and the series wasn't even created by japanese ppl assholes just cause its a fukin cartoon u all ppl think tht japanese ppl made it, the writers are white they were created by Michael Dante DiMartino, Bryan Konietzko, u ppl are soo fukin ignorant


wait are you talkin about this forum or the outside because im with you


im talkin abt this fourm and what do u mean by outside
2233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Why
Offline
Posted 7/19/09

joecool7 wrote:

What?! I said there should've been at least an asian actor somewhere as a main character (besides a bad guy I mean). I never said white people can't act like asian. People are protesting because the film already looks like it's not staying true to the Avatar series. Stop changing my comment, I just didn't want this film to end up like Dragonball Evolution (not saying they're the same), but still, they both have asian influence. Why make a thread about Avatar movie being racist? I was just answering your post.

One other thing, how come in the Avatar movie the bad guy (though jesse mccartney was originally cast which I already know), and the supporting cast members are minorities and yet the good guys are white? Same thing happend with DB movie cast (except for bad guy). Also, the movie 21 was changed to a white actor (with white supporting cast members) even though the story was based on a true story about an asian MIT student. Don't you see a pattern here? Or is it just me?


Yes I don't want it to be another dragonball movie, but even if you do put an asian in the main character line, what makes you so assure it will not be another dragonball. Look, the main star in Street Fighter was asian, but it did horrible and it was a horrible movie. And also, try to find a ten to twelve year old asian that can act, look like a monk, and do martial arts.
2890 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / sexiness
Offline
Posted 7/19/09

joecool7 wrote:


assassian_creed wrote:

so what if hes white maybe he can act well, just cause if hes not asian doesn't mean that hes gonna do great and all wtf how do u know aang is asian just cause he has a flat nose?? and the series wasn't even created by japanese ppl assholes just cause its a fukin cartoon u all ppl think tht japanese ppl made it, the writers are white they were created by Michael Dante DiMartino, Bryan Konietzko, u ppl are soo fukin ignorant


Actually Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko were influenced by asian art, asian martial arts, and even the writings are East Asian calligraphy so naturally, yeah there should've been at least an asian actor somewhere as one of the main characters. Just about everything about Avatar is asian. I'm against this whole movie. What I don't understand is why create something that's obviously a certain culture and yet Hollywood is not giving any credit or respect to those who created their culture in the first place. This is like stealing something from someone and say it's your own thing! Reminds me of the Kung Fu TV series which was Bruce Lee's idea but Warner Bros stole it and didn't allow Bruce to star on the show which he had helped create in the first place, so yeah there's still racism in Hollywood!

Below is a link if anyone wants to protest this film.

hhttp://www.petitiononline.com/racebend/petition.html


yea i do agree that they were influenced my asian art, and asian martial arts but that doesn't mean the role of aang has to go to a asian actor i do agree with the fact that the dragon ball movie was a massive failure and u guys are reflecting back on that movie and ur comparing with this movie, this movie hasn't even come out yet just cause one of the live movie was a failure doesn't mean all of them are gonna be and i do agree that in the dragonball movie there should have been an asian guy that was buff and had longer hair than that white guy and in the dragonball movie even if he was white he should have been buff and his acting should have been very very good!! but it sucked massively!! his acting was just horrible i left the theatres man i wasted my money for no reason what so ever, but u guys think that white actors can't act on live movies but i disagree not all of them suck, you should give them a chance and dude ur talkin abt the 90's man when segregation was still intact dude segregation actually ended at 1994 or 1993 dude i forgot but back then it sucked lot of racism back then man lets not get there but lets see how this kid acts and then we'll see whos rite and whos wrong
2890 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / sexiness
Offline
Posted 7/19/09

gwingman wrote:


joecool7 wrote:

What?! I said there should've been at least an asian actor somewhere as a main character (besides a bad guy I mean). I never said white people can't act like asian. People are protesting because the film already looks like it's not staying true to the Avatar series. Stop changing my comment, I just didn't want this film to end up like Dragonball Evolution (not saying they're the same), but still, they both have asian influence. Why make a thread about Avatar movie being racist? I was just answering your post.

One other thing, how come in the Avatar movie the bad guy (though jesse mccartney was originally cast which I already know), and the supporting cast members are minorities and yet the good guys are white? Same thing happend with DB movie cast (except for bad guy). Also, the movie 21 was changed to a white actor (with white supporting cast members) even though the story was based on a true story about an asian MIT student. Don't you see a pattern here? Or is it just me?


Yes I don't want it to be another dragonball movie, but even if you do put an asian in the main character line, what makes you so assure it will not be another dragonball. Look, the main star in Street Fighter was asian, but it did horrible and it was a horrible movie. And also, try to find a ten to twelve year old asian that can act, look like a monk, and do martial arts.


dude what im saying is that its all abt how they act not abt their race its a god damn movie, why can't they get decent actors that actually can ACT!!!
2890 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / sexiness
Offline
Posted 7/19/09

joecool7 wrote:


assassian_creed wrote:

so what if hes white maybe he can act well, just cause if hes not asian doesn't mean that hes gonna do great and all wtf how do u know aang is asian just cause he has a flat nose?? and the series wasn't even created by japanese ppl assholes just cause its a fukin cartoon u all ppl think tht japanese ppl made it, the writers are white they were created by Michael Dante DiMartino, Bryan Konietzko, u ppl are soo fukin ignorant


Actually Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko were influenced by asian art, asian martial arts, and even the writings are East Asian calligraphy so naturally, yeah there should've been at least an asian actor somewhere as one of the main characters. Just about everything about Avatar is asian. I'm against this whole movie. What I don't understand is why create something that's obviously a certain culture and yet Hollywood is not giving any credit or respect to those who created their culture in the first place. This is like stealing something from someone and say it's your own thing! Reminds me of the Kung Fu TV series which was Bruce Lee's idea but Warner Bros stole it and didn't allow Bruce to star on the show which he had helped create in the first place, so yeah there's still racism in Hollywood!

Below is a link if anyone wants to protest this film.

hhttp://www.petitiononline.com/racebend/petition.html


dude they were influenced man what part of influenced don't u get, it had no asian ideas it was their own only their culture are u suggesting that they should give credits to asian culture?? and im not disagreeing with u here ur rite in way
66 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / M
Offline
Posted 7/19/09 , edited 7/19/09

gwingman wrote:


joecool7 wrote:

What?! I said there should've been at least an asian actor somewhere as a main character (besides a bad guy I mean). I never said white people can't act like asian. People are protesting because the film already looks like it's not staying true to the Avatar series. Stop changing my comment, I just didn't want this film to end up like Dragonball Evolution (not saying they're the same), but still, they both have asian influence. Why make a thread about Avatar movie being racist? I was just answering your post.

One other thing, how come in the Avatar movie the bad guy (though jesse mccartney was originally cast which I already know), and the supporting cast members are minorities and yet the good guys are white? Same thing happend with DB movie cast (except for bad guy). Also, the movie 21 was changed to a white actor (with white supporting cast members) even though the story was based on a true story about an asian MIT student. Don't you see a pattern here? Or is it just me?


Yes I don't want it to be another dragonball movie, but even if you do put an asian in the main character line, what makes you so assure it will not be another dragonball. Look, the main star in Street Fighter was asian, but it did horrible and it was a horrible movie. And also, try to find a ten to twelve year old asian that can act, look like a monk, and do martial arts.


I wasn't thinking about the ethnicity of the actor being better than the other (again you're trying put words into my mouth that I never said), this movie has a asian theme there should've been at least a ethnic actor for one of the main roles besides a typical bad guy (though it was originally Jesse McCartney) and supporting cast members. I'm not saying white actors can't act or worse than the minorities (it was a good try with Chatwin as Goku, but the acting and story was crap). Also, I was not talking about putting in a ethnic actor for the little monk. The Street Fighter movie (and I'm assuming you're talking about The Legend of Chun-Li) the actress is half white and I'm not suggesting they picked her because she was a mix, I was just answering your post about the main character being asian.
2233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Why
Offline
Posted 7/19/09 , edited 7/19/09

joecool7 wrote:


gwingman wrote:


joecool7 wrote:

What?! I said there should've been at least an asian actor somewhere as a main character (besides a bad guy I mean). I never said white people can't act like asian. People are protesting because the film already looks like it's not staying true to the Avatar series. Stop changing my comment, I just didn't want this film to end up like Dragonball Evolution (not saying they're the same), but still, they both have asian influence. Why make a thread about Avatar movie being racist? I was just answering your post.

One other thing, how come in the Avatar movie the bad guy (though jesse mccartney was originally cast which I already know), and the supporting cast members are minorities and yet the good guys are white? Same thing happend with DB movie cast (except for bad guy). Also, the movie 21 was changed to a white actor (with white supporting cast members) even though the story was based on a true story about an asian MIT student. Don't you see a pattern here? Or is it just me?


Yes I don't want it to be another dragonball movie, but even if you do put an asian in the main character line, what makes you so assure it will not be another dragonball. Look, the main star in Street Fighter was asian, but it did horrible and it was a horrible movie. And also, try to find a ten to twelve year old asian that can act, look like a monk, and do martial arts.


I wasn't thinking about the ethnicity of the actor being better than the other (again you're trying put words into my mouth that I never said), this movie has a asian theme there should've been at least a ethnic actor for one of the main roles besides a typical bad guy (though it was originally Jesse McCartney) and supporting cast members. I'm not saying white actors can't act or worse than the minorities (it was a good try with Chatwin as Goku, but the acting and story was crap). Also, I was not talking about putting in a ethnic actor for the little monk. The Street Fighter movie (and I'm assuming you're talking about The Legend of Chun-Li) the actress is half white and I'm not suggesting they picked her because she was a mix, I was just answering your post about the main character being asian.


ok youre confusing me now, you're wanting ethnic actors. But im saying this from my own mouth, what makes you think these white actors can't act ethnically. To begin with , if you were watching the cartoons, other than aang, the other characters had no hint of asian except zuko's name. Look, I know how hard you guy's are trying, I know, because I supported California Prop 8, but this is just a movie. If you hate it so much, keep it to yourself and suck it up.
66 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / M
Offline
Posted 7/19/09 , edited 7/19/09
Asians are ethnic (minority) here in the states. Again, why do you keep bringing up saying that I'm thinking white actors can't act? I was not thinking like that at all. You don't seem to want to understand, why aren't there asians cast in roles where they're supposed to be cast? I'm NOT saying white actors can't be cast in those roles, but still, I mentioned a movie called 21 where it was based a on a true story about an asian MIT student which was also turned into a book with asian characters and yet, the movie turned the main characters to white? Because asian actors won't sell tickets?
2233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Why
Offline
Posted 7/19/09

joecool7 wrote:

Asians are ethnic (minority) here in the states. Again, why do you keep bringing up saying that I'm thinking white actors can't act? I was not thinking like that at all. You don't seem to want to understand, why aren't there asians cast in roles where they're supposed to be cast? I'm NOT saying white actors can't be cast in those roles, but still, I mentioned a movie called 21 where it was based a on a true story about an asian MIT student which was also turned into a book with asian characters and yet, the movie turned the main characters to white? Because asian actors won't sell tickets?


what do you mean asians aren't cast where they were supposed to be cast
66 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / M
Offline
Posted 7/19/09
Look up the movie 21 in wiki and read about what Hollywood did to that.
2233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Why
Offline
Posted 7/19/09

joecool7 wrote:

Look up the movie 21 in wiki and read about what Hollywood did to that.


you know what, whatever. Go burn some those dvds or something, i don't care. If you don't like this, then don't watch it, more seats for me and my friends. Just because you hate it doesn't mean you can ruin it for the people who love the cartoon enough to not care about the cast because that is how much we love the cartoon, you guys protesting obviously hate the show, so you go to a protest to give a bitch slap to the show itself. Oh yeah the producers are nickelodeon, think about that. And about the movie 21, the only people that know and care are the people themselves, because the movie did good, not that I know of because I never watched the movie
66 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / M
Offline
Posted 7/19/09 , edited 7/19/09

gwingman wrote:


joecool7 wrote:

Look up the movie 21 in wiki and read about what Hollywood did to that.


you know what, whatever. Go burn some those dvds or something, i don't care. If you don't like this, then don't watch it, more seats for me and my friends. Just because you hate it doesn't mean you can ruin it for the people who love the cartoon enough to not care about the cast because that is how much we love the cartoon, you guys protesting obviously hate the show, so you go to a protest to give a bitch slap to the show itself. Oh yeah the producers are nickelodeon, think about that. And about the movie 21, the only people that know and care are the people themselves, because the movie did good, not that I know of because I never watched the movie


I DON'T HATE THE SHOW and I don't appreciate you keep referring me to "you guys." I'm just an individual that found out about the movie cast and how it's sounding very suspicious of how the actors were cast especially when DB movie was out not too long ago with a similiar style of casting. I saw the trailer already and it looks pretty cool, but Paramount and Nickelodeon still have time to listen to the audience and fans regardless if you're a follower of the show or not. The live action Transformers movies did well because it was what the fans wanted to see and I enjoyed watching them. I never watched the movie 21 either.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.