First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Skip Beat chp 143
Member
6407 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / A nice white room...
Offline
Posted 7/21/09

swtcakes wrote:


WingsofMorphius wrote:

I got too impatient to wait for it to come out on nemanga or mangafox, so I went straight to Frankyhouse to get the translation. Here's a play-by-play;



WAHHH they had translations out already? *did not know* pls send me link link link ty miss


XD It's out on both mangafox and onemanga now, so there's no need to download it.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/skip_beat/v23/c143/
Member
1554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 7/21/09

WingsofMorphius wrote:


lioneth wrote:

Ok for people ttalking about any groth in shou he gave u the answer1!!!! no growth what so ever!!!! and ya the beagle thing is over finlay!!!!
Ren's presnet is here thought will he take it!!!!!
And yes I have a bad feeling about the next chapter!!!!
And isn't it realy obviuos that Kyoko allredy have feelings for Ren!!!!!


I wouldn't be so sure about that. Look back at the beginning of the manga and you'll see that the old Shou was someone who was concerned only with himself. But one of the things that angered Shou most about Kyouko 'being' with Reino was the fact that Reino almost hurt her, which was something he proved he wasn't gonna forgive Reino for by beating him up the way he did, despite the danger it could prove to his own career if Reino told the press what happened. Shou's hurt right now because of what Kyouko told him, and because he knows it's true, it hurts even more. So he reacts to that pain the only way he knows how; by lashing out at the one who caused it. I'm not saying that right, and I don't think Shou's a perfect person, but I do believe he's taken a turn for the better lately, and that this is just a setback. Character changes aren't supposed to be sudden and drastic, but gradual and believable. That's one of the things I like best about Skip Beat, the fact that the author doesn't rush the things that take time.


That dosen't even matter I think that he still thinks of Kyoko as a property pf his, my be he did defend her that time but he completely lost his mind in this situation he even didn't read will from his anger, I didn't say that he dosen't have feelings for her he dose and I think he always had but he still can't be mature about it he thinks that he might lose if he addmited that to her!!!! that's the maturity I'm taking about!!!!
Member
6407 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / A nice white room...
Offline
Posted 7/21/09

lioneth wrote:


WingsofMorphius wrote:


lioneth wrote:

Ok for people ttalking about any groth in shou he gave u the answer1!!!! no growth what so ever!!!! and ya the beagle thing is over finlay!!!!
Ren's presnet is here thought will he take it!!!!!
And yes I have a bad feeling about the next chapter!!!!
And isn't it realy obviuos that Kyoko allredy have feelings for Ren!!!!!


I wouldn't be so sure about that. Look back at the beginning of the manga and you'll see that the old Shou was someone who was concerned only with himself. But one of the things that angered Shou most about Kyouko 'being' with Reino was the fact that Reino almost hurt her, which was something he proved he wasn't gonna forgive Reino for by beating him up the way he did, despite the danger it could prove to his own career if Reino told the press what happened. Shou's hurt right now because of what Kyouko told him, and because he knows it's true, it hurts even more. So he reacts to that pain the only way he knows how; by lashing out at the one who caused it. I'm not saying that right, and I don't think Shou's a perfect person, but I do believe he's taken a turn for the better lately, and that this is just a setback. Character changes aren't supposed to be sudden and drastic, but gradual and believable. That's one of the things I like best about Skip Beat, the fact that the author doesn't rush the things that take time.


That dosen't even matter I think that he still thinks of Kyoko as a property pf his, my be he did defend her that time but he completely lost his mind in this situation he even didn't read will from his anger, I didn't say that he dosen't have feelings for her he dose and I think he always had but he still can't be mature about it he thinks that he might lose if he addmited that to her!!!! that's the maturity I'm taking about!!!!


Ah, but that's the funny thing about maturity now, it's it? Just because you have feelings for someone doesn't mean you're mature about it all the time. Even Ren gets pretty childish whenever he's angry or jealous about Kyouko being around another man. And generally, Kyouko's the one who has to suffer when Ren's jealousy gets the best of him. I'm not gonna lie and say that Shou is already mature, but he has been maturing compared to the spoiled 'everything is about me' brat that he used to be. He takes his work as a musician seriously, and his attitude about Kyouko has changed, little by little. In the beginning, she was 'Just a plain, boring girl I brought to be my maid.' after the Angel arc, she was 'my possession,' and after he realized his feeling for her in the Beagle arc, he decided that 'As long as I occupy more of her heart then anyone else, it doesn't matter what the emotion is.' From those small steps in progress we've seen Shou make, I firmly stand by my claim that he is growing as the series progresses, and by the time Skip Beat ends he might actually be a fully funtioning adult male capable of treating women with the respect they deserve.

...maybe.
Member
1554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 7/21/09

WingsofMorphius wrote:


lioneth wrote:


WingsofMorphius wrote:


lioneth wrote:

Ok for people ttalking about any groth in shou he gave u the answer1!!!! no growth what so ever!!!! and ya the beagle thing is over finlay!!!!
Ren's presnet is here thought will he take it!!!!!
And yes I have a bad feeling about the next chapter!!!!
And isn't it realy obviuos that Kyoko allredy have feelings for Ren!!!!!


I wouldn't be so sure about that. Look back at the beginning of the manga and you'll see that the old Shou was someone who was concerned only with himself. But one of the things that angered Shou most about Kyouko 'being' with Reino was the fact that Reino almost hurt her, which was something he proved he wasn't gonna forgive Reino for by beating him up the way he did, despite the danger it could prove to his own career if Reino told the press what happened. Shou's hurt right now because of what Kyouko told him, and because he knows it's true, it hurts even more. So he reacts to that pain the only way he knows how; by lashing out at the one who caused it. I'm not saying that right, and I don't think Shou's a perfect person, but I do believe he's taken a turn for the better lately, and that this is just a setback. Character changes aren't supposed to be sudden and drastic, but gradual and believable. That's one of the things I like best about Skip Beat, the fact that the author doesn't rush the things that take time.


That dosen't even matter I think that he still thinks of Kyoko as a property pf his, my be he did defend her that time but he completely lost his mind in this situation he even didn't read will from his anger, I didn't say that he dosen't have feelings for her he dose and I think he always had but he still can't be mature about it he thinks that he might lose if he addmited that to her!!!! that's the maturity I'm taking about!!!!


Ah, but that's the funny thing about maturity now, it's it? Just because you have feelings for someone doesn't mean you're mature about it all the time. Even Ren gets pretty childish whenever he's angry or jealous about Kyouko being around another man. And generally, Kyouko's the one who has to suffer when Ren's jealousy gets the best of him. I'm not gonna lie and say that Shou is already mature, but he has been maturing compared to the spoiled 'everything is about me' brat that he used to be. He takes his work as a musician seriously, and his attitude about Kyouko has changed, little by little. In the beginning, she was 'Just a plain, boring girl I brought to be my maid.' after the Angel arc, she was 'my possession,' and after he realized his feeling for her in the Beagle arc, he decided that 'As long as I occupy more of her heart then anyone else, it doesn't matter what the emotion is.' From those small steps in progress we've seen Shou make, I firmly stand by my claim that he is growing as the series progresses, and by the time Skip Beat ends he might actually be a fully funtioning adult male capable of treating women with the respect they deserve.

...maybe.

Will that might acctulay happen but I don't think he'll ever be the kind that respects women he's aplayfel man that's what he is!!!!!

Member
31147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 7/21/09
this chapter was great! even the moments between sho and kyoko! i love it when they argue...haha...IT'S HILARIOUS! but sho...tsk tsk...totally blew that out of proportion...and he took it the wrong way too! sheesh! that guy has a temper...BUT MY MOST FAVORITE PART was when kyoko used ren as a threat to reino...THAT WAS TOO FUNNY! haha...i can't wait for the next chapter! REN WILL BE SO HAPPY WITH HIS GIFT, I'M SURE OF IT! yay! ren x kyoko forever!

OOH! and one last thing, that one pic of Ren during the threat was really HOT! haha
Member
12914 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / London,UK
Offline
Posted 7/22/09
Ouch, when Kyoko told Sho about how he was the one who made the openings in her heart. Well, its the truth, he did toy around with her feelings at the start and force her to unleash that evil side.
Member
47 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 7/22/09
"one last cute Kyoko before everything blows up into hell..." ROFL

This chapter was cute, but it seemed like just a big foreshadow of what's to come :O
Not to mention that it got rid of the Reino delimma xD
Member
47 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 7/22/09


Ah, but that's the funny thing about maturity now, it's it? Just because you have feelings for someone doesn't mean you're mature about it all the time. Even Ren gets pretty childish whenever he's angry or jealous about Kyouko being around another man. And generally, Kyouko's the one who has to suffer when Ren's jealousy gets the best of him. I'm not gonna lie and say that Shou is already mature, but he has been maturing compared to the spoiled 'everything is about me' brat that he used to be. He takes his work as a musician seriously, and his attitude about Kyouko has changed, little by little. In the beginning, she was 'Just a plain, boring girl I brought to be my maid.' after the Angel arc, she was 'my possession,' and after he realized his feeling for her in the Beagle arc, he decided that 'As long as I occupy more of her heart then anyone else, it doesn't matter what the emotion is.' From those small steps in progress we've seen Shou make, I firmly stand by my claim that he is growing as the series progresses, and by the time Skip Beat ends he might actually be a fully funtioning adult male capable of treating women with the respect they deserve.



I have to agree that Sho isn't as self-centered as he was in the beginning.
And i admit that i've ended up liking him a lot more since the beginning. He's just an awesome character in general. The fact that he started off as pretty much the bad guy- but throughout the story he slowly (very slowly xD) changes his ways (well not really). I'm pretty much hooked on the series just to see what sho will do next xD lol
Member
6407 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / A nice white room...
Offline
Posted 7/22/09

ruksi86 wrote:



Ah, but that's the funny thing about maturity now, it's it? Just because you have feelings for someone doesn't mean you're mature about it all the time. Even Ren gets pretty childish whenever he's angry or jealous about Kyouko being around another man. And generally, Kyouko's the one who has to suffer when Ren's jealousy gets the best of him. I'm not gonna lie and say that Shou is already mature, but he has been maturing compared to the spoiled 'everything is about me' brat that he used to be. He takes his work as a musician seriously, and his attitude about Kyouko has changed, little by little. In the beginning, she was 'Just a plain, boring girl I brought to be my maid.' after the Angel arc, she was 'my possession,' and after he realized his feeling for her in the Beagle arc, he decided that 'As long as I occupy more of her heart then anyone else, it doesn't matter what the emotion is.' From those small steps in progress we've seen Shou make, I firmly stand by my claim that he is growing as the series progresses, and by the time Skip Beat ends he might actually be a fully funtioning adult male capable of treating women with the respect they deserve.



I have to agree that Sho isn't as self-centered as he was in the beginning.
And i admit that i've ended up liking him a lot more since the beginning. He's just an awesome character in general. The fact that he started off as pretty much the bad guy- but throughout the story he slowly (very slowly xD) changes his ways (well not really). I'm pretty much hooked on the series just to see what sho will do next xD lol


Yeah, believable character changes that aren't too sudden or cheesy are one of the things that makes Skip Beat most awesome (Well, that and the fact that Kyouko is total win). Shou, Kanae, Ren, Kyouko... All of them have changed so much from the beginning, but they struggled and worked for those changes, it isn't like other shoujos where they start off being enemies with the main character, then there's like, one of two chapters where the character go through some conflict and the main character helps them out, and all of a sudden the characters are absolute best buddies.
545 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Selective Reality
Offline
Posted 7/22/09
"I demote you." ROFL.
Member
939 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Earth (bleave it...
Offline
Posted 7/23/09
my reactions:
slap him!
sl- wat! where the hell did he come from!
oh maan.
wat the fu- shut up! nobody asked you!
sly bastard
kyoko-chan pay more attention!
wat the-phycologic camra?
he wants that chocolate with the tire tracks?
if you want them take the frikin cocolats !
hwa! she pulled the tsuruga card! aka "the trap card"
eat that!
that dude newxt to reino dosnt Know!
kyoko-chan desurves a cookie.
next year?!?!
ohh i wonder watl happen next?
Member
13427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / East of the Sun a...
Offline
Posted 7/23/09
OMG!! ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER AT THE END!!!!! AAARGH!!!

I WONDER WHAT SHE GOT HIM!??? I bet it is a VERY VERY thoughtful/meaningful/loving gift that totally beats CHOCOLATES

The chapters can't come quickly enough! I want to know it all right now!!

As for the next chapter... I really wonder just HOW Kyouko will give the present to Ren... will she just walk up and say "Here is something for you" ... or will she try to get him to a secluded spot and do it in private???

I hope that this happens in the next chapter and that there's no filler or any unnecessary stuff that extends this long awaited event until chapter 145... I WANT TO KNOW IN 144!!!!!

"I demote you!" if there's a too long wait between the next chapter and the following one - I've had enough waiting this summer!!


Member
132 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 7/26/09
Hey hey... I think the present is a pillow... haha...
If thats the case, it will be so cool...
Ren will be always thinking of Kyoko in his sleep...
WOW!!!
Member
6407 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / A nice white room...
Offline
Posted 7/26/09

jreams wrote:

Hey hey... I think the present is a pillow... haha...
If thats the case, it will be so cool...
Ren will be always thinking of Kyoko in his sleep...
WOW!!!


XD Considering what happened in Ren's trailer when they were shooting on location, that's actually a pretty good possibility...
545 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Selective Reality
Offline
Posted 7/29/09

jreams wrote:

Hey hey... I think the present is a pillow... haha...
If thats the case, it will be so cool...
Ren will be always thinking of Kyoko in his sleep...
WOW!!!


That's what I was thinking too. I keep looking over those last few pages in chap. 143, and it kinda looks like it might be a pillow. Kyoko's always looking out for Ren, making sure he eats and gets enough rest so she probably wouldn't get something impractical for Ren. Pillow...yeah, that has to be it.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.