First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
School uniforms
55141 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / F / Atlanta GA
Online
Posted 6/18/10
Many privet schools have uniforms probably for several reasons they can spot out there students, and Pink Floyd the wall. The only reason for uniforms if the young adults act like thug’s give them uniforms and bring in few drill sergeants to tear them down build up respect for their selves and others. To me if a kid can tell me that global warming is a real problem but cants set up a budget and how to manage a checking account. Something is off the wall. Government education wow here in Atlanta my kid is on the honor roll, should stand for my can tie their own shoe laces on the first try. As long as they are clean and don’t stink I do not care. Same here bell bottoms were still in though
118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F
Offline
Posted 6/20/10
Well first of all many students don't like wearing uniform because it is out of the students' style and many say that it is hard to express their personality. Though, school uniform does improve students academics. Why? Reasons? uniforms reduce disturbances from education and it helps students feel like they fit in more. Moreover this makes students focus more on their education.
55141 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / F / Atlanta GA
Online
Posted 6/23/10
Your probably right i have seen uniforms and the kids seem to better behave. as for personality if you have on it comes through no matter you are wearing.
441 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Inner Japan
Offline
Posted 8/1/10 , edited 8/1/10

linnyt wrote:

Well first of all many students don't like wearing uniform because it is out of the students' style and many say that it is hard to express their personality. Though, school uniform does improve students academics. Why? Reasons? uniforms reduce disturbances from education and it helps students feel like they fit in more. Moreover this makes students focus more on their education.


I used to hate wearing uniforms when I was in high school... but now that I'm in a college that does not require any uniform, then I MISSED wearing uniforms

In anyway, you are right... I don't feel like a student at all when I clad just like any other human being outside... Besides, a group of people will look cooler when they're in a dress code.
Posted 8/16/10
I heard we wear them at my school for security issues, but honestly, I miss my happy uniformless elementary school days.
I hate it when teachers come up to me and tell me to take buttons or pins with anime characters on them off. Its hard to express yourself stuck in a drabby uniform all the time
6068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Bedroom.
Offline
Posted 8/20/10
I'd have to say I prefer wearing uniform over non-uniform , but that's just because it takes me ages to decide what to wear. (what's appropriate/what's not ) . Meh, it's sad having to wake up 10 minutes earlier to choose an outfit ....
PLUS my previous uniform was pretty decent: white blouse, (no tie hah!) and a mini-ish skirt.
Posted 9/4/10
I love school uniforms for reasons I shall not name.........
2401 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 10/27/10

waterx-melon wrote:

I'd have to say I prefer wearing uniform over non-uniform , but that's just because it takes me ages to decide what to wear. (what's appropriate/what's not ) . Meh, it's sad having to wake up 10 minutes earlier to choose an outfit ....
PLUS my previous uniform was pretty decent: white blouse, (no tie hah!) and a mini-ish skirt.



agreed. it's just so much easier and less hassle.
had to wear uniform until the last 2 years of highschool, and it was plain annoying to chose what to wear.
it's also 'cleaner' and neater looking imo.
55141 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / F / Atlanta GA
Online
Posted 10/28/10
At my age they can were prison uniform until they are real adults. That all the time.
3066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
73 / M
Offline
Posted 10/28/10 , edited 10/28/10
I've never really been into "fashion" at all. (I have 6 white shirts, and 3 pairs of jeans, with some random t-shirts. White shirt + jean is basically what I wear everyday.)

I think school uniforms is a good idea in general, and this is based on my personal observation. I'll state my reasons in a list form so it is not all paragraphs.

1. Conformity. Despite the statements that "uniqueness" is good, being unique in fashion doesn't fall under this category. Being unique has to do with your physical and mental abilities - not your taste in clothes and how much money you are able to spend on clothes. It's ridiculous sometimes - people who can't achieve anything through effort and mistakes will often turn to "visual image" to indicate how unique they are. It's pathetic and does not help the student solve their true issues. This is particularly why I hate scene kids. (I have YET to see a scene/emo kid who has accomplished something worthwhile.)

2. No instant indication of wealth. Let's face it - despite where we are, we are predisposed to make initial judgments based on the person's clothes. If the person is wearing designer clothes and wearing a designer bag, we're more inclined to think, "Oh, he/she is wealthy." People, especially students, should not have their merit measured in wealth. Students particularly shouldn't because their "wealth" is simply "daddy's/mommy's money".

3. Adolescents are bullies. And one of their main reason for bullying comes directly from "I don't like the way you look". If you're attractive in High School/Intermediate School, you'll basically be treated as a king/queen. Some students, especially girls, take this level further and wear skimpy clothes. Since most guys are idiots at this age who think with their dick than brain, are more inclined to treat these girls nicer even if she is a complete bitch. Although facial figures can't be changed (at least not in high school), students can at least wear the same thing so that one doesn't stand out from the rest.

4. No skirts. Yeah, a lot of guys will read this and go "are you nuts"? Skirts = bad. Guys become perverts and girls have to try hard to not become victims. Dress shirt and slacks for everyone.
5137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAA...
Offline
Posted 10/28/10
japanese school uniform=sexy
Posted 10/28/10 , edited 10/29/10

makix wrote:

I've never really been into "fashion" at all. (I have 6 white shirts, and 3 pairs of jeans, with some random t-shirts. White shirt + jean is basically what I wear everyday.)

I think school uniforms is a good idea in general, and this is based on my personal observation. I'll state my reasons in a list form so it is not all paragraphs.

1. Conformity. Despite the statements that "uniqueness" is good, being unique in fashion doesn't fall under this category. Being unique has to do with your physical and mental abilities - not your taste in clothes and how much money you are able to spend on clothes. It's ridiculous sometimes - people who can't achieve anything through effort and mistakes will often turn to "visual image" to indicate how unique they are. It's pathetic and does not help the student solve their true issues. This is particularly why I hate scene kids. (I have YET to see a scene/emo kid who has accomplished something worthwhile.)

2. No instant indication of wealth. Let's face it - despite where we are, we are predisposed to make initial judgments based on the person's clothes. If the person is wearing designer clothes and wearing a designer bag, we're more inclined to think, "Oh, he/she is wealthy." People, especially students, should not have their merit measured in wealth. Students particularly shouldn't because their "wealth" is simply "daddy's/mommy's money".

3. Adolescents are bullies. And one of their main reason for bullying comes directly from "I don't like the way you look". If you're attractive in High School/Intermediate School, you'll basically be treated as a king/queen. Some students, especially girls, take this level further and wear skimpy clothes. Since most guys are idiots at this age who think with their dick than brain, are more inclined to treat these girls nicer even if she is a complete bitch. Although facial figures can't be changed (at least not in high school), students can at least wear the same thing so that one doesn't stand out from the rest.

4. No skirts. Yeah, a lot of guys will read this and go "are you nuts"? Skirts = bad. Guys become perverts and girls have to try hard to not become victims. Dress shirt and slacks for everyone.
Interesting, I've been for the longest time consider that fashion statement is simply ambiguous. Never mind how ridiculous a gender biased fashion sense could serves anything but to overemphasize gender roles. I mean really, how hard is it to mistake a man wearing a kilt as a woman?


Moreover, the very idea that we need to let people know who we are by the clothes that we wear is simply for labeling purposes. Now what's that got to do with how "good" one can look? Come on! Is there any reason why it says on the fashion magazine to "steal this look", but not "steal his/her identity"? It's like everyday is Halloween, when everyone just wanna copy whatever the latest looks being propagated by the consumerist culture. Well I say if that's the name of the game, then there's nothing wrong with wearing something sleek and formfitting for functionality sake:

Gosh I'm such a nerd!
15358 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Insert Tampon Here.
Offline
Posted 11/1/10
Yes, because I am tired of seeing skanky bitches at school flaunt their spoiled nothings.
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 11/1/10 , edited 11/1/10

PhoungSeppuku wrote:

Yes, because I am tired of seeing skanky bitches at school flaunt their spoiled nothings.


I have heard that 'skanky bitches' is a very profitable career in these dark times.

There is always much to be praised for a person to have, at such tender an age, to choose already a career.
15358 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Insert Tampon Here.
Offline
Posted 11/1/10

longfenglim wrote:


PhoungSeppuku wrote:

Yes, because I am tired of seeing skanky bitches at school flaunt their spoiled nothings.


I have heard that 'skanky bitches' is a very profitable career in these dark times.

There is always much to be praised for a person to have, at such tender an age, to choose already a career.


I am quite sure that you are using sarcasm. =]

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.