First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply People without religion
Member
89 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / California
Offline
Posted 12/27/07
Do people who don't believe in God or say people who never heard of him (like remote locations) do they get to go to heaven,its not their fault, because they never had their chance to believe in God.
Posted 12/27/07


Romans 1:20
For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

Everyone is held accountable, for even if one were to live on an island alone, and were to never learn any spoken, or written language, he can still be saved. For there is proof in the nature around him that God exists.

How can someone who says they don't believe in God not be held accountable, when even those without a language can be saved? People who have said they don't believe in God, they have rejected Him. When they die, they'll have been given so many chances to believe in God, and yet they still deny Him. Of course they
won't go to heaven, for they will have had their chances.
Member
89 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / California
Offline
Posted 12/27/07
Thanks buddy, but what about say a very young child, who is really impressionable and their parents are atheist. What if that young one dies and isn't sent to heaven, is it their fault because they didn't know they had a choice to their beliefs? Because there are sooo many children who blindly follow their parents wishes out of love. Though, for those souls who never heard of God or were raised to not acknowledge him, Gos is so merciful, I think he will give you one last chance, to save your own faith. God wants you in heaven, and he will appear before you some way, I know that I feel God and he's there, and I'm sure in their own way, others can too.
Posted 12/27/07
I don't know the exact answer. When David's baby with Bathsheba died, this is what he said when his servants questioned why he stopped fasting:



2 Samuel 12:22-23
He answered, "While the child was still alive, I fasted and wept. I thought, 'Who knows? The LORD may be gracious to me and let the child live.'
But now that he is dead, why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me."

David said that he will go to his son, but his son will not return to him. David knew that his son was in heaven, and that when he dies he'll be able to see his son again. From this we know that babies go to heaven.

I don't know for sure what the answer to your question is. You should look into it.
Member
6928 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / earth....soon, i'...
Offline
Posted 12/28/07
uh-huh, babies who died go to heaven because well, i guess they don't knw anything yet...except crying...lol^^

but those people who don't believe in God, dfinitely don't go to heaven....it's really sadT-T
that's why we hve to reach out to those unbelievers^^
Member
23685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F
Offline
Posted 12/29/07
I'm praying to Lord that Year 2008 will be the year of the most converts Bless his holy name on high!

I've no idea about babies, but certainly, non-believers are not covered under the grace and love of his new covenant with Abraham. We are receiving the gifts that God promised to the Seed of Abraham. Indeed, we have to start reaching out.

The devil mentions that there's many of them, and little of us. But we in our pathetic puny human selves can contribute GREATLY to Christ! Ask him to use you to perform miracles to save others!
Member
7763 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Davao City, Phili...
Offline
Posted 12/30/07
Wow. this thread sure is discriminating other people in a way. I might get into a very heated argument because of my points of view and i will certainly lose that argument but i just cant keep my mouth shut. lord have mercy.

In a way, your posts tell me that people who dont believe in God will go to hell unless they are converted. The way you guys post it, reaching out is like trying to convince other people in the nicest way possible to believe in our God or suffer the not so very nice consequences of eternal damnation in the hands of the devil. Thats black mailing in a religious way.

In my point of view, there are a lot of non believers that do good because they want to do good and nothing more. They dont give a damn about God as long as they do good, their life is meaningful. They sacrifice themselves for the sake of others without even thinking that this is an easy way to heaven. Their following Gods commandments the way all of us should follow it. I say those people who do such things are closer to God and heaven than some of the believers.

Now comes the hard part that caused a lot of arguments on my part. They dont believe in our God thus they go to hell. Big misunderstanding on the believers. Just because we believe in God doenst give us a big advantage that we wont go to hell. Actually in my opinion, we are at a horrible disadvantage in this subject. We do good because we know that theres a big payoff in the end. Now dont tell me that you guys havent went thru this thinking because the priests usually warn us on this. The non believers do good without the knowledge that they are going to heaven as a repercussion of their actions. They are the ones who actually do the "Give and ask not for reward" phrase.

Ok... now that i have given my opinion, its high time that i get nailed on the cross because a lot of people dont agree with me one bit ^.^

Note: Non Believers in my post is equivalent to Atheists. Those who reject the existence of God but still does good because they believe it is what humans are suppose to do as humans and not because of some God told them to do so. I say they have a better chance of getting into heaven than many of the Believers, which includes me
Posted 12/30/07
It isn't neccesarily wrong to be of no religion. I believe in God but technically I'm classified as agnostic as I've not been baptised into any sect. So long as you believe in God, can you really be wrong?

Atheists, however, are wrong. Mortal sin. Completely rejecting and turning away from God. So unless they change their ways, according to the Bible, they will suffer in Hell for eternity.

As for me, I'm well on my way there. Maybe I'll do something redemptive.
Posted 12/30/07
^ Well, do you reject Jesus?

^^ It's not by what you do that is good that will get you to heaven, it's your faith. We're already seperated from God because of our sin, that's why we go to Hell, because Hell is a place where there is no God, and God can't be near sin because He is the opposite of sin. But it's impossible for us to not sin, and God knows that. He loves us so much, He chose to forgive us. Jesus died on the cross as a replacement for us so that we can have eternal life. Salvation based on works would be unfair, how would it be measured? Just because someone else happens to do more works than I, they earn their way into heaven, and I go to Hell? Jesus loves us so much, that He died for us, He decided to forgive our sins. His mercy is so great. Salvation based on works would be the opposite of mercy. There'd be no mercy. God is love, and one of His greatest acts of love is the mercy that He gives us.
Member
89 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / California
Offline
Posted 12/30/07

bujujutko wrote:

Wow. this thread sure is discriminating other people in a way. I might get into a very heated argument because of my points of view and i will certainly lose that argument but i just cant keep my mouth shut. lord have mercy.

In a way, your posts tell me that people who dont believe in God will go to hell unless they are converted. The way you guys post it, reaching out is like trying to convince other people in the nicest way possible to believe in our God or suffer the not so very nice consequences of eternal damnation in the hands of the devil. Thats black mailing in a religious way.

In my point of view, there are a lot of non believers that do good because they want to do good and nothing more. They dont give a damn about God as long as they do good, their life is meaningful. They sacrifice themselves for the sake of others without even thinking that this is an easy way to heaven. Their following Gods commandments the way all of us should follow it. I say those people who do such things are closer to God and heaven than some of the believers.

Now comes the hard part that caused a lot of arguments on my part. They dont believe in our God thus they go to hell. Big misunderstanding on the believers. Just because we believe in God doenst give us a big advantage that we wont go to hell. Actually in my opinion, we are at a horrible disadvantage in this subject. We do good because we know that theres a big payoff in the end. Now dont tell me that you guys havent went thru this thinking because the priests usually warn us on this. The non believers do good without the knowledge that they are going to heaven as a repercussion of their actions. They are the ones who actually do the "Give and ask not for reward" phrase.

Ok... now that i have given my opinion, its high time that i get nailed on the cross because a lot of people dont agree with me one bit ^.^

Note: Non Believers in my post is equivalent to Atheists. Those who reject the existence of God but still does good because they believe it is what humans are suppose to do as humans and not because of some God told them to do so. I say they have a better chance of getting into heaven than many of the Believers, which includes me




I kind of understand what you're saying, like a child molestor who has a religion,can go to heaven but someone who spends their life to help others, but doesn't have a religion can't go to heaven? I think God wants EVERYONE to be in heaven, and if you find your faith,I don't think its necessariy what religion will make it up there or won't, because its not about competition, but its about whether or not you love and want God in your life.
Member
186 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / -
Offline
Posted 12/30/07

skygod333 wrote:

It isn't neccesarily wrong to be of no religion. I believe in God but technically I'm classified as agnostic as I've not been baptised into any sect. So long as you believe in God, can you really be wrong?

Atheists, however, are wrong. Mortal sin. Completely rejecting and turning away from God. So unless they change their ways, according to the Bible, they will suffer in Hell for eternity.

As for me, I'm well on my way there. Maybe I'll do something redemptive.



lumiina wrote:

^ Well, do you reject Jesus?

^^ It's not by what you do that is good that will get you to heaven, it's your faith. We're already seperated from God because of our sin, that's why we go to Hell, because Hell is a place where there is no God, and God can't be near sin because He is the opposite of sin. But it's impossible for us to not sin, and God knows that. He loves us so much, He chose to forgive us. Jesus died on the cross as a replacement for us so that we can have eternal life. Salvation based on works would be unfair, how would it be measured? Just because someone else happens to do more works than I, they earn their way into heaven, and I go to Hell? Jesus loves us so much, that He died for us, He decided to forgive our sins. His mercy is so great. Salvation based on works would be the opposite of mercy. There'd be no mercy. God is love, and one of His greatest acts of love is the mercy that He gives us.


good point lumiina, but you forgot to mention that the reason why Jesus had to die for us instead of any other person is because He is sinless. everyone on this earth is sinful, so the only way to bridge the gap between sinners and God is to sacrifice someone who's sinless. God loved us so much that to make us right with Him, He sent part of Himself to earth in human flesh, which is Jesus. the only way people can be saved is to acknowledge the death of Jesus on the cross and His resurrection. from then on, the good works we do is because we are compelled to help others after understanding how much God has blessed us and to share His message of salvation.
Member
1731 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F
Offline
Posted 12/30/07
Remember the story that GOD told about the rich men and the poor men. The poor men went to heaven and the rich men went to hell. The rich men ask GOD to let him become (sorry cant remember) so he can warn his people and tell them to believe in GOD. But GOD told him no because there are people out there who are spreading the Gospel but it is up to them to believe. Also, GOD said he will come back and get us when everyone has heard about the Gospel of Jesus in all the coroners of earth.
Posted 12/30/07
^^ Exactly.


michibaby wrote:
I kind of understand what you're saying, like a child molestor who has a religion,can go to heaven but someone who spends their life to help others, but doesn't have a religion can't go to heaven? I think God wants EVERYONE to be in heaven, and if you find your faith,I don't think its necessariy what religion will make it up there or won't, because its not about competition, but its about whether or not you love and want God in your life.


You're right, God's will is for everyone to be in heaven.

What angers me the most is when people say, "Why should someone who has murdered, and raped deserve Heaven? They don't deserve salvation." The fact is, none of us deserve salvation, we all fall short of the glory of God. When Jonah preached to the city of Nineveh, and every person in that city became saved, Jonah was angry. He was furious that God would show mercy to such evil people, and save them. That angers me so much, that someone can be angry about another person's salvation due to their own biterness. A whole city just got saved, isn't that a miraculous thing? Shouldn't you be rejoicing, and praising God, rather than yelling at God for what He had done? When someone is saved, regardless of their past, we should rejoice.

A friend of mine is in Iraq because of the war right now. He sent my youth pastor a flag for Christmas, and a certificate saying that this flag was flown on his birthday. If you look behind the words, on the certificate is a building that used to be Sadam's palace. In that building, Sadam took all the riches for himself, and lavished himself in luxury, while the people surrounding him were suffering. Now that building has been taken over by the Americans, and we're using it as a base to do good. Whether you agree with the war or not, there's a principle behind this. We took a building that had an evil purpose, and decided to use it for good. In the same way, when we're saved, God takes us, and sets us apart. We were once bad, but now He is using us for good. So no matter what your background, no matter how evil your sins are, once you are saved, God is using you for good.
Member
23685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F
Offline
Posted 12/30/07
^ When they say things like that, they are being self-righteous. They feel that they've done better, or at least not as bad as others. That is also another way of either 1) If I'm not going to heaven, you're going to worse hell than me (envy and bitterness) 2) I by my own works earn me a better placement during judgement.

People who are self-righteous reject the righteousness of God and Christ, it's rejecting the work that Jesus did. Born again believers don't use our own faith to qualify for the blessings of God. Like Jesus became sin, so we can become blessings. We have to depend on him to observe the commandments, similarly, we have to depend on HIS faith to get us to the high place of grace. When you realise all of that and confess, you are already at the high place (Deuteronomy 28:8). People who fall from grace think they have to earn their way to the place of high, when they're already there. Hence they fall to the level of Satan.
Member
89 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / California
Offline
Posted 12/30/07

lumiina wrote:

^^ Exactly.


michibaby wrote:
I kind of understand what you're saying, like a child molestor who has a religion,can go to heaven but someone who spends their life to help others, but doesn't have a religion can't go to heaven? I think God wants EVERYONE to be in heaven, and if you find your faith,I don't think its necessariy what religion will make it up there or won't, because its not about competition, but its about whether or not you love and want God in your life.


You're right, God's will is for everyone to be in heaven.

What angers me the most is when people say, "Why should someone who has murdered, and raped deserve Heaven? They don't deserve salvation." The fact is, none of us deserve salvation, we all fall short of the glory of God. When Jonah preached to the city of Nineveh, and every person in that city became saved, Jonah was angry. He was furious that God would show mercy to such evil people, and save them. That angers me so much, that someone can be angry about another person's salvation due to their own biterness. A whole city just got saved, isn't that a miraculous thing? Shouldn't you be rejoicing, and praising God, rather than yelling at God for what He had done? When someone is saved, regardless of their past, we should rejoice.

A friend of mine is in Iraq because of the war right now. He sent my youth pastor a flag for Christmas, and a certificate saying that this flag was flown on his birthday. If you look behind the words, on the certificate is a building that used to be Sadam's palace. In that building, Sadam took all the riches for himself, and lavished himself in luxury, while the people surrounding him were suffering. Now that building has been taken over by the Americans, and we're using it as a base to do good. Whether you agree with the war or not, there's a principle behind this. We took a building that had an evil purpose, and decided to use it for good. In the same way, when we're saved, God takes us, and sets us apart. We were once bad, but now He is using us for good. So no matter what your background, no matter how evil your sins are, once you are saved, God is using you for good.



Yes God is forgiving,its when people use their religion as an excuse to their sins like; "oh I couldn't do that I'm a christian, I'm a good guy"(when they secretly are crimminals), its when you use the Lord's name in vain, to save your own butt,so you won't face crimes.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.