First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Gay People Belong on the Back of the Bus!
Posted 7/26/09 , edited 7/26/09
"It's very common for closeted gays to be bashing homosexuality as much as they can." Is that an opinion? Or a fact? If it's a fact then I want to see some evidence. We're here in the Extended Discussion, and if someone proclaims something as a fact, or at least makes no hints about it being just an unsupported belief, then it would be only logical that those claims get backed up with some trustworthy academical evidence, or that at least some sources get posted to see where people sucked these claims out of.
8594 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 7/26/09
In the place where I live in New York, I always saw a lot of people love to sit on the back of the bus. The seats on the front next to the bus driver mostly empty. Usually old people tend to sit on the front and the younger people sit on the back
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 7/26/09

Fubura1992 wrote:

In the place where I live in New York, I always saw a lot of people love to sit on the back of the bus. The seats on the front next to the bus driver mostly empty. Usually old people tend to sit on the front and the younger people sit on the back


Lol are we on the same thread here?
Posted 7/26/09 , edited 7/26/09
^ either fubura is being very sarcastic, or is a typical case of user-who-didn't-bother-reading-the-OP
35 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 7/27/09 , edited 7/27/09

drizza wrote:


Fubura1992 wrote:

In the place where I live in New York, I always saw a lot of people love to sit on the back of the bus. The seats on the front next to the bus driver mostly empty. Usually old people tend to sit on the front and the younger people sit on the back


Lol are we on the same thread here?


Well if one were to dig too deep for meaning, they could assume that Fubura was saying that gays should feel flattered to get something 'seperate-but-equal' to marriage.
Probably not the intentions of the post...
But...
If I were to take that as the intended message, I would say this:
I don't see what's so bad about the concept of a civil union apart from marriage.
It's not about "gays aren't good enough", it's more about tradition, definition, and religion (that sounds cool...)

If I may throw in my personal beliefs, I think homosexuality, (meaning sexual acts with those of the same sex) is a sin. It doesn't mean the homosexual is a bad person, everyone sins. We've all lied to our parents for example. No need to hate gays or anything like that.
I don't believe that appreciating the physical appearance of someone of the same sex is homosexuality at all. To me, homosexuality is the same sin as lust.

Bring on the flames. =]
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/27/09

Bauth

Well if one were to dig too deep for meaning, they could assume that Fubura was saying that gays should feel flattered to get something 'seperate-but-equal' to marriage.
Probably not the intentions of the post...
But...
If I were to take that as the intended message, I would say this:
I don't see what's so bad about the concept of a civil union apart from marriage.
It's not about "gays aren't good enough", it's more about tradition, definition, and religion (that sounds cool...)

If I may throw in my personal beliefs, I think homosexuality, (meaning sexual acts with those of the same sex) is a sin. It doesn't mean the homosexual is a bad person, everyone sins. We've all lied to our parents for example. No need to hate gays or anything like that.
I don't believe that appreciating the physical appearance of someone of the same sex is homosexuality at all. To me, homosexuality is the same sin as lust.

Bring on the flames. =]


Why do you think homosexuality is a sin? Are you a Christian? Originally the only thing the bible said about homosexuality was that it was against tradition. This was later mistranslated to ‘abomination,’ but biblical scholars have discovered the original Hebrew word meant, “abomination against tradition,” or rather “out of the norm.”

You should also take into consideration that the references to homosexuality were not commandments. They were mitzvah. The mitzvah, of course, were social laws discussing how to govern Jewish cities. Violating a mitzvah is not necessarily a sin. As a matter of a fact, we violate them every day. One law says you cannot sow two seeds from separate crops together. They must be separate. Why don’t we acknowledge these? Because, again, these were guidelines given by God to the Jewish people so that their tiny nomadic group could become a nation.

Homosexuality was discouraged because at that time the Jewish people needed to multiple. Had they not done so their ethnicity would’ve been eradicated a long time ago. If not by the Romans then the Muslims, if not by the Muslims the Christians, if not by the Christians the Nazi. These laws preserved the Jewish people, but are no longer neccesary.
.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 7/27/09
Actually, the verses pertaining to homosexuality clearly state that it's wrong and not just culturally out of the norm. The Bible calls it un-natural and an abomination in God's eyes. There is more than one verse pertaining to homosexuality in the Bible.
Lev 18:22 " 'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.
Rom 1:24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. Rom 1:25 They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised. Amen. Rom 1:26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. Rom 1:27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.
1Cr 6:9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders

It isn't just in the Mitzvah that we find homosexuality seen as a sin. The Bible literally calls homosexual behavior "degrading." Romans 1:25 really explains this.
35 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 7/27/09
I meant to say...
What are homosexual acts but lust?
Is lust not a sin?
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/27/09 , edited 7/27/09

digs wrote:

Actually, the verses pertaining to homosexuality clearly state that it's wrong and not just culturally out of the norm. The Bible calls it un-natural and an abomination in God's eyes. There is more than one verse pertaining to homosexuality in the Bible.
Lev 18:22 " 'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.
Rom 1:24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. Rom 1:25 They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised. Amen. Rom 1:26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. Rom 1:27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.
1Cr 6:9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders

It isn't just in the Mitzvah that we find homosexuality seen as a sin. The Bible literally calls homosexual behavior "degrading." Romans 1:25 really explains this.


The word detestable in Leviticus 18, of course, has also been translated in other version to be abomination. Like I said, that’s a mistranslation. It actually meant ‘an abomination against tradition.’ You know I’m not trying to deceive you, Digs. The truth is that when it says ‘detestable,’ or ‘abomination,’ it’s actually saying outside of the norm.

You should watch, "For the bible tells me so." You are citing the bible outside of its intended context:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4DQt5v-QoY

Corinthians and Roman are my two favorite books of the bible, so I’m distressed to see either of them so misused and mistranslated. The word in Corinthians was “arsenokoitai” which means masturbation, not homosexuality. That’s a mistranslation. But the Greek word for homosexuality: “paiderasste,” doesn’t make an appearance.

In the case of Roman’s Paul was referring specifically to temple prostitution as practice in the temples of idol worshipers. At another point he says that women in the church shouldn’t speak, but of course he was talking to a specific group of women who were causing problems at a specific church.
Posted 7/27/09

SeraphAlford wrote:


digs wrote:

Actually, the verses pertaining to homosexuality clearly state that it's wrong and not just culturally out of the norm. The Bible calls it un-natural and an abomination in God's eyes. There is more than one verse pertaining to homosexuality in the Bible.
Lev 18:22 " 'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.
Rom 1:24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. Rom 1:25 They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised. Amen. Rom 1:26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. Rom 1:27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.
1Cr 6:9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders

It isn't just in the Mitzvah that we find homosexuality seen as a sin. The Bible literally calls homosexual behavior "degrading." Romans 1:25 really explains this.


The word detestable in Leviticus 18, of course, has also been translated in other version to be abomination. Like I said, that’s a mistranslation. It actually meant ‘an abomination against tradition.’ You know I’m not trying to deceive you, Digs. The truth is that when it says ‘detestable,’ or ‘abomination,’ it’s actually saying outside of the norm.

You should watch, "For the bible tells me so." You are citing the bible outside of its intended context:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4DQt5v-QoY

Corinthians and Roman are my two favorite books of the bible, so I’m distressed to see either of them so misused and mistranslated. The word in Corinthians was “arsenokoitai” which means masturbation, not homosexuality. That’s a mistranslation. But the Greek word for homosexuality: “paiderasste,” doesn’t make an appearance.


huh i always thought that was the case, a mistranlastion or lost in tranlaltion.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/27/09

CecilTheDarkKnight_234

huh i always thought that was the case, a mistranlastion or lost in tranlaltion.


Well, I’d hate to boldly proclaim information about the bible and then find out I’m wrong, but so far as my research concludes the bible never says that homosexuality is a sin. Just that it’s against the traditional Jewish system, which of course we don't have to follow anymore because jesus nailed to law to the cross.
1744 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Lowell
Offline
Posted 7/28/09
i dont see whats so bad about sitting in the back of the bus
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 7/28/09

1life_1Luv wrote:

i dont see whats so bad about sitting in the back of the bus


Ok whats the deep meaning behind this?
4202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 7/31/09

Bauth wrote:

I meant to say...
What are homosexual acts but lust?
Is lust not a sin?



What are heterosexual acts but lust?

isnt that the same question?


and why is lust a sin?
Posted 7/31/09
Homophobes want cock more than all of us.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.