WEEKEND TICKETS GOING FAST!

PRICES GO UP AT THE GATE

PURCHASE TICKET
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Following cultural trends
21991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / boring, bland ohio
Offline
Posted 12/28/07

projectcedric wrote:


artgeek707 wrote:

I could careless about what is cool or not. I like what I like because I like it.


I believe the correct phrase is "you couldn't care less".


damn typos

EDIT:I fixed it
2923 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 12/28/07

tw1zted wrote:


projectcedric wrote:


artgeek707 wrote:

I could careless about what is cool or not. I like what I like because I like it.


I believe the correct phrase is "you couldn't care less".


As little as I care and as much as I'd hate to burst that little bubble:
The correct statement is, I could care less.
And here's a little something I found in my American Heritage Dictionary a long time ago.


I could care less! you might say sometime in disgust. You might just as easily have said I couldn’t care less and meant the same thing! How can this be? When taken literally, the phrase I could care less means “I care more than I might,” rather than “I don’t care at all.” But the beauty of sarcasm is that it can turn meanings on their head, thus allowing could care less to work as an equivalent for couldn’t care less. Because of its sarcasm, could care less is more informal than its negative counterpart and may be open to misinterpretation when used in writing.


Yeah man, english language sucks.


American. Heritage. Dictionary???

Man, you're so hardcore...


also, from that citation itself, the expression "I could care less" is just a sarcastic derivation from its more formal, negative counterpart "I couldn't care less". In other words, its a slang; a colloquialism; a jargon; a parlance, a doublespeak; a trite language; a hackneyed term.. what else do you want?

So, no, the correct phrase is still "I couldn't care less"
1078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Yeah
Offline
Posted 12/28/07

projectcedric wrote:


tw1zted wrote:


projectcedric wrote:


artgeek707 wrote:

I could careless about what is cool or not. I like what I like because I like it.


I believe the correct phrase is "you couldn't care less".


As little as I care and as much as I'd hate to burst that little bubble:
The correct statement is, I could care less.
And here's a little something I found in my American Heritage Dictionary a long time ago.


I could care less! you might say sometime in disgust. You might just as easily have said I couldn’t care less and meant the same thing! How can this be? When taken literally, the phrase I could care less means “I care more than I might,” rather than “I don’t care at all.” But the beauty of sarcasm is that it can turn meanings on their head, thus allowing could care less to work as an equivalent for couldn’t care less. Because of its sarcasm, could care less is more informal than its negative counterpart and may be open to misinterpretation when used in writing.


Yeah man, english language sucks.


American. Heritage. Dictionary???

Man, you're so hardcore...


also, from that citation itself, the expression "I could care less" is just a sarcastic derivation from its more formal, negative counterpart "I couldn't care less". In other words, its a slang; a colloquialism; a jargon; a parlance, a doublespeak; a trite language; a hackneyed term.. what else do you want?

So, no, the correct phrase is still "I couldn't care less"


Yes, American. Heritage. Dictionary.
I do what I can, hardcore or not, to shut the ignorant up, I've only looked once in my whole life in that thing, and goddamn, it unexpectedly paid off.
Usually when people don't care they're sarcastic, demeaning, degrading.
So, you stick to your colloquialisms, whatever the hell that is. And we use slang all the time, when you correct someone that said yeah, and tell him. Excuse me I believe the right term is "yes".
...You're hardcore.
Edit: You're even more hardcore for researching this so far just cause you wanna shut a forum guy up, took you quite a while to answer to my first post, even though you were active in this topic.
I'll be going out now, enjoy your day, hardcore-man, feel free to flame me, I'll have a reply for you when I have time to spare.
2923 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 12/28/07

tw1zted wrote:


projectcedric wrote:


tw1zted wrote:


projectcedric wrote:


artgeek707 wrote:

I could careless about what is cool or not. I like what I like because I like it.


I believe the correct phrase is "you couldn't care less".


As little as I care and as much as I'd hate to burst that little bubble:
The correct statement is, I could care less.
And here's a little something I found in my American Heritage Dictionary a long time ago.


I could care less! you might say sometime in disgust. You might just as easily have said I couldn’t care less and meant the same thing! How can this be? When taken literally, the phrase I could care less means “I care more than I might,” rather than “I don’t care at all.” But the beauty of sarcasm is that it can turn meanings on their head, thus allowing could care less to work as an equivalent for couldn’t care less. Because of its sarcasm, could care less is more informal than its negative counterpart and may be open to misinterpretation when used in writing.


Yeah man, english language sucks.


American. Heritage. Dictionary???

Man, you're so hardcore...


also, from that citation itself, the expression "I could care less" is just a sarcastic derivation from its more formal, negative counterpart "I couldn't care less". In other words, its a slang; a colloquialism; a jargon; a parlance, a doublespeak; a trite language; a hackneyed term.. what else do you want?

So, no, the correct phrase is still "I couldn't care less"


Yes, American. Heritage. Dictionary.
I do what I can, hardcore or not, to shut the ignorant up, I've only looked once in my whole life in that thing, and goddamn, it unexpectedly paid off.
Usually when people don't care they're sarcastic, demeaning, degrading.
So, you stick to your colloquialisms, whatever the hell that is. And we use slang all the time, when you correct someone that said yeah, and tell him. Excuse me I believe the right term is "yes".
...You're hardcore.


Slangs are slangs, that's why they are called slangs. You gave me a citation just to prove that that phrase you said was correct was a slang for a more formal term. Retarded. Whatever. Exit.
2923 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 12/28/07

tw1zted wrote:


Edit: You're even more hardcore for researching this so far just cause you wanna shut a forum guy up, took you quite a while to answer to my first post, even though you were active in this topic.


Didn't need to do research. You already cited for me. And such a bad citation at that too.
2923 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 12/28/07

tw1zted wrote:

I'll be going out now, enjoy your day, hardcore-man, feel free to flame me, I'll have a reply for you when I have time to spare.


Pleasant talking with ya
Posted 12/28/07
um... ok
1078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Yeah
Offline
Posted 12/29/07

projectcedric wrote:


tw1zted wrote:


projectcedric wrote:


tw1zted wrote:


projectcedric wrote:


artgeek707 wrote:

I could careless about what is cool or not. I like what I like because I like it.


I believe the correct phrase is "you couldn't care less".


As little as I care and as much as I'd hate to burst that little bubble:
The correct statement is, I could care less.
And here's a little something I found in my American Heritage Dictionary a long time ago.


I could care less! you might say sometime in disgust. You might just as easily have said I couldn’t care less and meant the same thing! How can this be? When taken literally, the phrase I could care less means “I care more than I might,” rather than “I don’t care at all.” But the beauty of sarcasm is that it can turn meanings on their head, thus allowing could care less to work as an equivalent for couldn’t care less. Because of its sarcasm, could care less is more informal than its negative counterpart and may be open to misinterpretation when used in writing.


Yeah man, english language sucks.


American. Heritage. Dictionary???

Man, you're so hardcore...


also, from that citation itself, the expression "I could care less" is just a sarcastic derivation from its more formal, negative counterpart "I couldn't care less". In other words, its a slang; a colloquialism; a jargon; a parlance, a doublespeak; a trite language; a hackneyed term.. what else do you want?

So, no, the correct phrase is still "I couldn't care less"


Yes, American. Heritage. Dictionary.
I do what I can, hardcore or not, to shut the ignorant up, I've only looked once in my whole life in that thing, and goddamn, it unexpectedly paid off.
Usually when people don't care they're sarcastic, demeaning, degrading.
So, you stick to your colloquialisms, whatever the hell that is. And we use slang all the time, when you correct someone that said yeah, and tell him. Excuse me I believe the right term is "yes".
...You're hardcore.


Slangs are slangs, that's why they are called slangs. You gave me a citation just to prove that that phrase you said was correct was a slang for a more formal term. Retarded. Whatever. Exit.


I didn't say the phrase, and I said the slang term was correct as well.
You fixed a correct slang term when you use slang all the time.
Which not only makes you not only more retarded, and not only ignorant, but makes you a little hypocrite too now doesn't it?
2923 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 12/29/07

tw1zted wrote:


projectcedric wrote:


tw1zted wrote:


projectcedric wrote:


tw1zted wrote:


projectcedric wrote:


artgeek707 wrote:

I could careless about what is cool or not. I like what I like because I like it.


I believe the correct phrase is "you couldn't care less".


As little as I care and as much as I'd hate to burst that little bubble:
The correct statement is, I could care less.
And here's a little something I found in my American Heritage Dictionary a long time ago.


I could care less! you might say sometime in disgust. You might just as easily have said I couldn’t care less and meant the same thing! How can this be? When taken literally, the phrase I could care less means “I care more than I might,” rather than “I don’t care at all.” But the beauty of sarcasm is that it can turn meanings on their head, thus allowing could care less to work as an equivalent for couldn’t care less. Because of its sarcasm, could care less is more informal than its negative counterpart and may be open to misinterpretation when used in writing.


Yeah man, english language sucks.


American. Heritage. Dictionary???

Man, you're so hardcore...


also, from that citation itself, the expression "I could care less" is just a sarcastic derivation from its more formal, negative counterpart "I couldn't care less". In other words, its a slang; a colloquialism; a jargon; a parlance, a doublespeak; a trite language; a hackneyed term.. what else do you want?

So, no, the correct phrase is still "I couldn't care less"


Yes, American. Heritage. Dictionary.
I do what I can, hardcore or not, to shut the ignorant up, I've only looked once in my whole life in that thing, and goddamn, it unexpectedly paid off.
Usually when people don't care they're sarcastic, demeaning, degrading.
So, you stick to your colloquialisms, whatever the hell that is. And we use slang all the time, when you correct someone that said yeah, and tell him. Excuse me I believe the right term is "yes".
...You're hardcore.


Slangs are slangs, that's why they are called slangs. You gave me a citation just to prove that that phrase you said was correct was a slang for a more formal term. Retarded. Whatever. Exit.


I didn't say the phrase, and I said the slang term was correct as well.
You fixed a correct slang term when you use slang all the time.
Which not only makes you not only more retarded, and not only ignorant, but makes you a little hypocrite too now doesn't it?


lalalala cant hear you lalalala
4344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / auckland
Offline
Posted 1/2/08

projectcedric wrote:


Haydennick wrote:

. But then I start to think that if we do rebel, the corporate world would catch onto that anyway?They would change with us. I do think it is cool to be kind and sympathetic to other people, I try to apply that to my everyday life, but, to those people up at the top who call the shots, kindness doesn't bring in cash.


A free market economy runs on a demand and supply system. The consumers almost always have the real power. The corporate producers will only produce what the consumers demand. The fact that some things that are "unnecessarily trendy" are in the market means we asked for it. Its never the producers fault.


see that's the thing.. it's all based on supply and demands rite? i don't think we ever demanded something like "oral-b with spinning brushes that can clean your teeth in the most efficient and comfortable way". They created the advertisement to induce demands to the masses and sell their supply. They create our desire to sell their supply. Isn't it messed up? they're using the world's resource and talent of smart people, to create product that have little purpose in our life

And hayden, you are absolutely rite. There's nothing we can do about this. As long as the world is run by the top corporate shot, then the people in the bottom might as well forget it when they try to make a diffrence. I was hoping that people can be more aware about this situation though. Maybe one of us in here will get successful enough to be in the position where they're the one that's calling the shots :D

btw, I by no mean support communism in any way. I do agree with what eric sed that it slows down growth of economy. Even though it's more altruistic in a way, capitalism is neccessary to a civilazation. Society that lacks competition makes the country weak. Both in economy and military. But i'm just saying the media and the corporate world, man, they are overdoing it. It's to the point where everything they are doing is the equivalent of an individual's obsessive desire.

oh and.. some people in this thread points out that they couldn't care less because they'll never buy into trends. So do i. I don't easily fall for advertisement. But 100000000 other people in this world do. This topic isn't about people individually. This topic is about the society as a whole.
87 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Nigeria
Offline
Posted 1/2/08

tw1zted wrote:


projectcedric wrote:


artgeek707 wrote:

I could careless about what is cool or not. I like what I like because I like it.


I believe the correct phrase is "you couldn't care less".


As little as I care and as much as I'd hate to burst that little bubble:
The correct statement is, I could care less.
And here's a little something I found in my American Heritage Dictionary a long time ago.


I could care less! you might say sometime in disgust. You might just as easily have said I couldn’t care less and meant the same thing! How can this be? When taken literally, the phrase I could care less means “I care more than I might,” rather than “I don’t care at all.” But the beauty of sarcasm is that it can turn meanings on their head, thus allowing could care less to work as an equivalent for couldn’t care less. Because of its sarcasm, could care less is more informal than its negative counterpart and may be open to misinterpretation when used in writing.


Yeah man, english language sucks.


Ahahaha Burn.
2923 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 1/2/08

supermalv wrote:


see that's the thing.. it's all based on supply and demands rite? i don't think we ever demanded something like "oral-b with spinning brushes that can clean your teeth in the most efficient and comfortable way". They created the advertisement to induce demands to the masses and sell their supply. They create our desire to sell their supply. Isn't it messed up? they're using the world's resource and talent of smart people, to create product that have little purpose in our life


The fact that those spinning oral B toothbrushes are still in the market means that we do have demands for them. Free market economy doesn't allow the production of goods that have no demands, because it is not in the interests of the producers (they will go bankrupt). Having said this, its possible that we didn't have the demand initially, and the producers tapped into our desire. But it didn't mean that they immediately produced billions of these toothbrushes without testing whether it would catch the demand of the people. That would just be downright foolish on the producer's part. There was probably the viability check stage, and consumers bit onto it because that was what they wanted. Otherwise, the concept is like evolution and that product wouldn't have had survived thus far.

Not to say that the consumers do not have the power in free demand economy. Consumers do have the power, but only collectively, not individually (which is a good thing; imagine if one person decides what products should be on the market and what products should not). Individually, you are powerless against the choice of majority.


supermalv wrote:
btw, I by no mean support communism in any way. I do agree with what eric sed that it slows down growth of economy. Even though it's more altruistic in a way, capitalism is neccessary to a civilazation. Society that lacks competition makes the country weak. Both in economy and military. But i'm just saying the media and the corporate world, man, they are overdoing it. It's to the point where everything they are doing is the equivalent of an individual's obsessive desire.


It is the prerogative of the media to reflect the obsessive desires of the individuals in a society. By following the routes of profit, the media men only reflect the current state of the society, because, again, media in a capitalist society is like production, it only produces what the consumers demand, or more precisely, what the people want to see. In a society where the people becomes so bent up towards artificial beauty, the media will just reflect this.

It's not the media producers' fault. The producers just want profit to survive economically. So they give what the people want. If they go out of this natural structure just so it doesn't reflect the ugly sides of the society, then that is no longer objective media (assuming that the media companies even survive in the long run). That is adulterated media and just plain propaganda.
4344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / auckland
Offline
Posted 1/2/08
Mm i get what you're saying. Even though everything is in a jumbled up pieces of information inside my head.

Still though, i hope that someone will come up with a better philosophy of civilization than the one we're having today.
3788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / from east africa-...
Offline
Posted 1/5/08
personally, i don't think it's anyone's fault. people sell things that other people need or want for money and those people buy it on their choice. so it's everyone's fault
3788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / from east africa-...
Offline
Posted 1/5/08
okay that didn't make sense but you get my point that it's no one's fault, in my opinion
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.