First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Which of these pairs will win....
Moderator
32378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Try guessing...
Offline
Posted 1/30/08

Dendetsu wrote:


CoudVanGiruet wrote:


Dendetsu wrote:

Not trying to start WW III here.....But, A: Amuro Ray and the Hi-Nu Gundam. And WHY THE HELL isn't Char Aznable on the list. He's ranked number 1 on the official Gundam "Favorite Character" survey, and he's not only just a Gundam character.....He's one of Japan's pop culture icons.

Anyway, you can't compare different universes to each other...I mean Amuro vs. Kamille, or Kira vs. Shinn might work because they're from the same universe. But, anything else...Won't work, because each universe is COMPLETELY different in every way. Especially Mobile Suits. In the case of "U.C. vs C.E." By comparing Universal Century physics and Cosmic Era physics, the Freedom's generator output is considerably less than a Zaku I, with targeting as good as a Guntank's, programming on par to a Gelgoog Cannon, it's armor is comparable to a Dom Funf, with speed similar to the Methuss, add firepower similar to the Apsalus I. An EMS-10 Zudah (meant to be the Zaku I's successor) can match the Freedom, and don't argue with me about this one because this is an actually comparison of the Freedom and Strike Freedom's output compared to U.C. Mobile Suits (Which are mostly cannon-fodder.)



Just say what u think and nothing more.....Idk where u heard that..but whatever...if that's what u think...


I didn't hear that from anywhere, I just compared Freedom's overall power output to U.C. Mobile Suits, and Mobile Armor. I mean, the U.C. is more advanced technologically. EVERYTHING has a nuclear-powered engine in the U.C, and to be honest SEED's physics are just weird. There's no explanation on what makes what work. I mean EVEN an uber-hax Super Robots like Shin Getter Robo, and Mazinkaiser give an explanation of what gives them their god-like power in the first place....But, SEED is like the director just said, "I don't know how this works exactly but let's just throw it in." I mean, seriously that scene when Mwu blocked the Dominion's Rowengreen Cannon, was just impossible...He should of been vaporized in the first few seconds of trying to block it, and the Archangel's crew should of had the same fate too a split-second after that, and even worse. They had the nerve to bring him back in GSD without a good explanation of how he survived. I mean, in Zeta Gundam. When Yazan Gable survived Camille Bidan's Biosensor Beam Saber attack, they actually showed him launching his escape pod at the last second, but in Mwu's case...He seriously should of died.

Oh, and don't get me started with Kira....I can understand the first time when the Aegis self-destructed on him, but the second time....That was a direct attack to the cockpit with an Anti-Ship Beam Sword, once the sword pierced the cockpit he should of been vaporized by the concentrated Minosky Particles that powers it, he didn't even have any burns or anything, and being exposed directly to Minovsky Particles like that should of got him very sick (Since that's pretty much like licking Plutonium, and any other radioactive material.) ...Now I know ya'll can agree with me when I say...That was just some bullshit right there...That was impossible in every way, unless Kira suddenly developed defensive Newtype powers right there, which I'd doubt since Newtypes don't exist in SEED, and another thing that pisses me off is how they just make Kira invincible when he gets Strike Freedom. It's like Strike Freedom was designed by a 13 year-old fanboy, I mean seriously. Amuro was invincible like that, neither was Camille, Judau, Seabook, Tobia, Hathaway, Shiro, or any other U.C protagonist. I mean Amuro actually had to try when he fought. Since he was going up against Newtype pilots who could sense enemies without radar, and predict their enemy's movements. Kira's enemies just kinda sat there doing attacks that always seem to miss, while Kira spams the hell out of them with beams, I mean they seriously could of gave Kira a bit more competition in GSD.

Now you know why we U.C fans say that SEED has "Plot Armor", because unlike the C.E, U.C let's characters die when the fans don't want them to, which makes the series more tragic and realistic. We didn't want Amuro or Char to die...But, they died anyway. We didn't want Hathaway to die, but he died anyway, and he was killed by his own father by a mistake.We didn't want Camille's mind to be destroyed but it happened anyway. You see where I'm going with this? The C.E. had the least deaths EVER in a Gundam series it's like they just got rid of people that weren't popular with the fans and then just decided to just kill off Stellar to make things seem more tragic. To be honest...The only character I truely respect in the C.E. besides Astray characters, is Captain Todaka, he reminded me of the bravery and valor that great U.C ship captains like Captain Henken, and Captain Bright had.

Alright...I'm done, sorry about that long rant. I tend to rant alot when I'm serious about something. xD


Yeah I noticed....so if u compared technologies then that would make all this bias and that's okay cuz everyone's bias here no matter how much they deny it...(oh and do u think u can tell about the Amuro and Char thing in my gb....did they really die?)
Moderator
9633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / 地球
Offline
Posted 1/30/08

CoudVanGiruet wrote:


Dendetsu wrote:


CoudVanGiruet wrote:


Dendetsu wrote:

Not trying to start WW III here.....But, A: Amuro Ray and the Hi-Nu Gundam. And WHY THE HELL isn't Char Aznable on the list. He's ranked number 1 on the official Gundam "Favorite Character" survey, and he's not only just a Gundam character.....He's one of Japan's pop culture icons.

Anyway, you can't compare different universes to each other...I mean Amuro vs. Kamille, or Kira vs. Shinn might work because they're from the same universe. But, anything else...Won't work, because each universe is COMPLETELY different in every way. Especially Mobile Suits. In the case of "U.C. vs C.E." By comparing Universal Century physics and Cosmic Era physics, the Freedom's generator output is considerably less than a Zaku I, with targeting as good as a Guntank's, programming on par to a Gelgoog Cannon, it's armor is comparable to a Dom Funf, with speed similar to the Methuss, add firepower similar to the Apsalus I. An EMS-10 Zudah (meant to be the Zaku I's successor) can match the Freedom, and don't argue with me about this one because this is an actually comparison of the Freedom and Strike Freedom's output compared to U.C. Mobile Suits (Which are mostly cannon-fodder.)



Just say what u think and nothing more.....Idk where u heard that..but whatever...if that's what u think...


I didn't hear that from anywhere, I just compared Freedom's overall power output to U.C. Mobile Suits, and Mobile Armor. I mean, the U.C. is more advanced technologically. EVERYTHING has a nuclear-powered engine in the U.C, and to be honest SEED's physics are just weird. There's no explanation on what makes what work. I mean EVEN an uber-hax Super Robots like Shin Getter Robo, and Mazinkaiser give an explanation of what gives them their god-like power in the first place....But, SEED is like the director just said, "I don't know how this works exactly but let's just throw it in." I mean, seriously that scene when Mwu blocked the Dominion's Rowengreen Cannon, was just impossible...He should of been vaporized in the first few seconds of trying to block it, and the Archangel's crew should of had the same fate too a split-second after that, and even worse. They had the nerve to bring him back in GSD without a good explanation of how he survived. I mean, in Zeta Gundam. When Yazan Gable survived Camille Bidan's Biosensor Beam Saber attack, they actually showed him launching his escape pod at the last second, but in Mwu's case...He seriously should of died.

Oh, and don't get me started with Kira....I can understand the first time when the Aegis self-destructed on him, but the second time....That was a direct attack to the cockpit with an Anti-Ship Beam Sword, once the sword pierced the cockpit he should of been vaporized by the concentrated Minosky Particles that powers it, he didn't even have any burns or anything, and being exposed directly to Minovsky Particles like that should of got him very sick (Since that's pretty much like licking Plutonium, and any other radioactive material.) ...Now I know ya'll can agree with me when I say...That was just some bullshit right there...That was impossible in every way, unless Kira suddenly developed defensive Newtype powers right there, which I'd doubt since Newtypes don't exist in SEED, and another thing that pisses me off is how they just make Kira invincible when he gets Strike Freedom. It's like Strike Freedom was designed by a 13 year-old fanboy, I mean seriously. Amuro was invincible like that, neither was Camille, Judau, Seabook, Tobia, Hathaway, Shiro, or any other U.C protagonist. I mean Amuro actually had to try when he fought. Since he was going up against Newtype pilots who could sense enemies without radar, and predict their enemy's movements. Kira's enemies just kinda sat there doing attacks that always seem to miss, while Kira spams the hell out of them with beams, I mean they seriously could of gave Kira a bit more competition in GSD.

Now you know why we U.C fans say that SEED has "Plot Armor", because unlike the C.E, U.C let's characters die when the fans don't want them to, which makes the series more tragic and realistic. We didn't want Amuro or Char to die...But, they died anyway. We didn't want Hathaway to die, but he died anyway, and he was killed by his own father by a mistake.We didn't want Camille's mind to be destroyed but it happened anyway. You see where I'm going with this? The C.E. had the least deaths EVER in a Gundam series it's like they just got rid of people that weren't popular with the fans and then just decided to just kill off Stellar to make things seem more tragic. To be honest...The only character I truely respect in the C.E. besides Astray characters, is Captain Todaka, he reminded me of the bravery and valor that great U.C ship captains like Captain Henken, and Captain Bright had.

Alright...I'm done, sorry about that long rant. I tend to rant alot when I'm serious about something. xD


Yeah I noticed....so if u compared technologies then that would make all this bias and that's okay cuz everyone's bias here no matter how much they deny it...(oh and do u think u can tell about the Amuro and Char thing in my gb....did they really die?)


You know actually...I kinda forgot about comparing technologies when I started ranting about how unrealistic SEED was. xD
Moderator
32378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Try guessing...
Offline
Posted 1/30/08

Dendetsu wrote:


CoudVanGiruet wrote:


Dendetsu wrote:


CoudVanGiruet wrote:


Dendetsu wrote:

Not trying to start WW III here.....But, A: Amuro Ray and the Hi-Nu Gundam. And WHY THE HELL isn't Char Aznable on the list. He's ranked number 1 on the official Gundam "Favorite Character" survey, and he's not only just a Gundam character.....He's one of Japan's pop culture icons.

Anyway, you can't compare different universes to each other...I mean Amuro vs. Kamille, or Kira vs. Shinn might work because they're from the same universe. But, anything else...Won't work, because each universe is COMPLETELY different in every way. Especially Mobile Suits. In the case of "U.C. vs C.E." By comparing Universal Century physics and Cosmic Era physics, the Freedom's generator output is considerably less than a Zaku I, with targeting as good as a Guntank's, programming on par to a Gelgoog Cannon, it's armor is comparable to a Dom Funf, with speed similar to the Methuss, add firepower similar to the Apsalus I. An EMS-10 Zudah (meant to be the Zaku I's successor) can match the Freedom, and don't argue with me about this one because this is an actually comparison of the Freedom and Strike Freedom's output compared to U.C. Mobile Suits (Which are mostly cannon-fodder.)



Just say what u think and nothing more.....Idk where u heard that..but whatever...if that's what u think...


I didn't hear that from anywhere, I just compared Freedom's overall power output to U.C. Mobile Suits, and Mobile Armor. I mean, the U.C. is more advanced technologically. EVERYTHING has a nuclear-powered engine in the U.C, and to be honest SEED's physics are just weird. There's no explanation on what makes what work. I mean EVEN an uber-hax Super Robots like Shin Getter Robo, and Mazinkaiser give an explanation of what gives them their god-like power in the first place....But, SEED is like the director just said, "I don't know how this works exactly but let's just throw it in." I mean, seriously that scene when Mwu blocked the Dominion's Rowengreen Cannon, was just impossible...He should of been vaporized in the first few seconds of trying to block it, and the Archangel's crew should of had the same fate too a split-second after that, and even worse. They had the nerve to bring him back in GSD without a good explanation of how he survived. I mean, in Zeta Gundam. When Yazan Gable survived Camille Bidan's Biosensor Beam Saber attack, they actually showed him launching his escape pod at the last second, but in Mwu's case...He seriously should of died.

Oh, and don't get me started with Kira....I can understand the first time when the Aegis self-destructed on him, but the second time....That was a direct attack to the cockpit with an Anti-Ship Beam Sword, once the sword pierced the cockpit he should of been vaporized by the concentrated Minosky Particles that powers it, he didn't even have any burns or anything, and being exposed directly to Minovsky Particles like that should of got him very sick (Since that's pretty much like licking Plutonium, and any other radioactive material.) ...Now I know ya'll can agree with me when I say...That was just some bullshit right there...That was impossible in every way, unless Kira suddenly developed defensive Newtype powers right there, which I'd doubt since Newtypes don't exist in SEED, and another thing that pisses me off is how they just make Kira invincible when he gets Strike Freedom. It's like Strike Freedom was designed by a 13 year-old fanboy, I mean seriously. Amuro was invincible like that, neither was Camille, Judau, Seabook, Tobia, Hathaway, Shiro, or any other U.C protagonist. I mean Amuro actually had to try when he fought. Since he was going up against Newtype pilots who could sense enemies without radar, and predict their enemy's movements. Kira's enemies just kinda sat there doing attacks that always seem to miss, while Kira spams the hell out of them with beams, I mean they seriously could of gave Kira a bit more competition in GSD.

Now you know why we U.C fans say that SEED has "Plot Armor", because unlike the C.E, U.C let's characters die when the fans don't want them to, which makes the series more tragic and realistic. We didn't want Amuro or Char to die...But, they died anyway. We didn't want Hathaway to die, but he died anyway, and he was killed by his own father by a mistake.We didn't want Camille's mind to be destroyed but it happened anyway. You see where I'm going with this? The C.E. had the least deaths EVER in a Gundam series it's like they just got rid of people that weren't popular with the fans and then just decided to just kill off Stellar to make things seem more tragic. To be honest...The only character I truely respect in the C.E. besides Astray characters, is Captain Todaka, he reminded me of the bravery and valor that great U.C ship captains like Captain Henken, and Captain Bright had.

Alright...I'm done, sorry about that long rant. I tend to rant alot when I'm serious about something. xD


Yeah I noticed....so if u compared technologies then that would make all this bias and that's okay cuz everyone's bias here no matter how much they deny it...(oh and do u think u can tell about the Amuro and Char thing in my gb....did they really die?)


You know actually...I kinda forgot about comparing technologies when I started ranting about how unrealistic SEED was. xD


Well all of Gundam is unrealistic that's why we watch it...c'mon we're guys...we watch unrealistic things to get away from reality...that's just how we r, right?
Moderator
9633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / 地球
Offline
Posted 1/30/08
^I'm not saying that Gundam is like the most realistic anime ever, I'm just pointing out how ridiculous SEED was in terms of realism.
Moderator
32378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Try guessing...
Offline
Posted 1/31/08

Dendetsu wrote:

^I'm not saying that Gundam is like the most realistic anime ever, I'm just pointing out how ridiculous SEED was in terms of realism.


then u would have to say the same w/ all of Gundam, although there ppl who have similar personalities as characters from SEED and pretty much all the Gundam seasons....but let's face it..."Giant Robots" i don't think there's realism in that...unless they actually make them....(I think they made a Giant model of the head once...well it's actually how big the head would be if they actually put it for military use...) So basically...if u say the SEED is ridiculous in terms of realism...then u pretty much say the same for all the rest
5464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Home for the holi...
Offline
Posted 1/31/08

CoudVanGiruet wrote:


Dendetsu wrote:

^I'm not saying that Gundam is like the most realistic anime ever, I'm just pointing out how ridiculous SEED was in terms of realism.


then u would have to say the same w/ all of Gundam, although there ppl who have similar personalities as characters from SEED and pretty much all the Gundam seasons....but let's face it..."Giant Robots" i don't think there's realism in that...unless they actually make them....(I think they made a Giant model of the head once...well it's actually how big the head would be if they actually put it for military use...) So basically...if u say the SEED is ridiculous in terms of realism...then u pretty much say the same for all the rest


Of course all of them is unrealistic.I think Dendetsu's point is that SEED is the most ridiculous and most unrealistic.Although it's off the point of this forum.....
Creator
811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / somewhere
Offline
Posted 1/31/08
Thats true. People, try to keep on topic. Dendetsu already made a thread about SEEDS realism so post this stuff there where it is more relevent to the topic.
Moderator
32378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Try guessing...
Offline
Posted 1/31/08
yeah so that's why I said just say which pair u think will win otherwise it'll get off topic
Generic Pilot
399 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / Philippines
Offline
Posted 2/10/08
For canon mobile suits,
-Domon Kasshu and G Gundam: comparable to Master Asia

For non-canon mobile suits,
-Amuro and Hi-Nu Gundam: psychic and resourceful pilot, large yet powerful, agile, and long-lasting funnels, beam-and-shell bazooka, hyper beam sabers, multiple thrusters, Gundarium alloy (resistant to solid and beam weapons), I-field (invulnerable to beam weapons).
Generic Pilot
2645 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Republic of Georg...
Offline
Posted 2/10/08
I think Domon and Amuro are going own most of the other people on that list.
P.S Unfair!If Amuro has Hi-Nu,than give Char Nightingale.
P.S.S Wheres Loran and the Turn A?
Generic Pilot
2645 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Republic of Georg...
Offline
Posted 2/10/08

Amuro Ray and the Hi-Nu Gundam?! (O0O) never thought anyone would pick that xD

Why?
Rookie Pilot
2472 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Indonesia
Offline
Posted 3/8/08
of course Hi-Nu Gundam & Amuro Ray even Kira with his SF can't beat him i think
4634 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / lost...somewhere...
Offline
Posted 3/10/08

Sanderfirer wrote:

P.S.S Wheres Loran and the Turn A?


It's in a cocoon?

Anyway, I vote for Quattro Bageena and the Hyaku Shiki. What, it's not Char Aznable in the Sazabi/Nightingale. They appeared with different entries in the SaiGAR tournament as well, so they aren't the same person.
5464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Home for the holi...
Offline
Posted 3/10/08

Sanderfirer wrote:

P.S Unfair!If Amuro has Hi-Nu,than give Char Nightingale.
P.S.S Wheres Loran and the Turn A?


You're right.Even Uso and Victory is not here......
Generic Pilot
54 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / axis
Offline
Posted 3/21/08
Hey,maybe you all need to watch this at youtube:UC VS CE..............
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.