First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Real Life Battle-Mechs just got more Possible
Posted 8/15/09 , edited 8/15/09

EBKemanon wrote:

But my qualm is that the robots will ultimately lead to a higher degree of killing by making it more efficient. Soon enough in that future all sides shall have their robots.


That's why I hope they keep the robots unmanned =/. The closer to the TV show robot wars we get, the better. Ah I love the sound of metal scraping metal.
Posted 8/15/09
Lookie here. I have a EMP bomb. >:D
Die, robots, die!!


You should be more concern about other nations who are actually making EMP bombs.
We take everything for granted. We live an easy life due to machines and appliances.
If a global scale EMP bomb unleash upon the earth and render all machineries useless, we would be living the cavemen days again.

Dun dun duuunn!


eheh. I'm still cute though. >.^
Posted 8/15/09 , edited 8/15/09

kyoukoujin wrote:

Lookie here. I have a EMP bomb. >:D
Die, robots, die!!


You should be more concern about other nations who are actually making EMP bombs.
We take everything for granted. We live an easy life due to machines and appliances.
If a global scale EMP bomb unleash upon the earth and render all machineries useless, we would be living the cavemen days again.

Dun dun duuunn!


eheh. I'm still cute though. >.^


That's why their is a secret organization operating right under your finger tips and noobody ever realized it because it seemed so stupid.

It's top secret name is........... Cub scouts.
Posted 8/15/09

varnlestoff wrote:


kyoukoujin wrote:

Lookie here. I have a EMP bomb. >:D
Die, robots, die!!


You should be more concern about other nations who are actually making EMP bombs.
We take everything for granted. We live an easy life due to machines and appliances.
If a global scale EMP bomb unleash upon the earth and render all machineries useless, we would be living the cavemen days again.

Dun dun duuunn!


eheh. I'm still cute though. >.^


That's why their is a secret organization operating right under your finger tips and noobody ever realized it because it seemed so stupid.

It's top secret name is........... Cub scouts.


See the paw, feel the claw.

eheh. >.^
Posted 8/15/09

varnlestoff wrote:


life-oxygen wrote:

Its scary !!
as all things that designed to kill people..


I think if all nations start developing this technology, overall the wars that are faught will become less human depended in the first place. In other words, the more the bots, the less real blood to be spilt. If both sides to 1 conflict use mostly robotics to run into battle, wars will become a batlle of taxdollars and technology, and less of human lives.

Basically the nation who runs out of money will just cave and sign a treaty, make a deal with the country for whatever reason, law, or resource the opposing faction warred over. Or the gvt of the losing faction will just half to step down from political standing and let the other faction step up and declare annexation.

Sadly, that would be a long way off. Battles for now will be very bloody, and grim for all the soldiers who put themselves at the gundpoint of one of these beasts.


wow,you have a big unrealistic imagination
actually,it's gonna make it more easy to kill people,just like what these weapons that are used now a days
1067 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/15/09
A gundam can still blast that 4-legged mech to pieces.
Posted 8/16/09 , edited 8/16/09

life-oxygen wrote:


varnlestoff wrote:


life-oxygen wrote:

Its scary !!
as all things that designed to kill people..


I think if all nations start developing this technology, overall the wars that are faught will become less human depended in the first place. In other words, the more the bots, the less real blood to be spilt. If both sides to 1 conflict use mostly robotics to run into battle, wars will become a batlle of taxdollars and technology, and less of human lives.

Basically the nation who runs out of money will just cave and sign a treaty, make a deal with the country for whatever reason, law, or resource the opposing faction warred over. Or the gvt of the losing faction will just half to step down from political standing and let the other faction step up and declare annexation.

Sadly, that would be a long way off. Battles for now will be very bloody, and grim for all the soldiers who put themselves at the gundpoint of one of these beasts.


wow,you have a big unrealistic imagination
actually,it's gonna make it more easy to kill people,just like what these weapons that are used now a days



It's NEVER been very difficult to kill people. So how am I being unrealistic? To the point, I never even used "difficulty" as a talking point. You want to see easy? Then nothing gets easier than a nuke. Face it, slow robots with machine guns will not make it easier to kill people, in exactly the same way replacing a human digger with a zombie will not make digging to china any faster...

At least, it will not kill "More" than if you sent in a normal human being. The efficiency and death toll will be about the same or less. If anything it will make it "more" difficult, yet safer for the people on the side that uses the robots.



Please take some grammer lessons before you accuse someone of having a "Big unrealistic immagination". This topic is very real.
Posted 8/16/09
It is no GUNDAM. That means this robot is crap
Posted 8/16/09

babonie wrote:

A gundam can still blast that 4-legged mech to pieces.


Lawl it wouldn't need to. I doubt the gundam would even notice and then "Crunch"
Posted 8/16/09

varnlestoff wrote:


babonie wrote:

A gundam can still blast that 4-legged mech to pieces.


Lawl it wouldn't need to. I doubt the gundam would even notice and then "Crunch"


True. GUNDAM's FTW!
4967 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Canada♥
Offline
Posted 8/16/09
Looks like a spider with 4 legs o-o;
Posted 8/16/09


lol maybe while I take my grammar lessons you should take some spelling lessons ^_^
I've never said that my English is perfect..
and when I said "unrealistic " I didn't mean the thread,I meant that you said about the "less real blood to be spilt." thing..
I won't be responding to any of your quoting now,but thanks for the laugh
Posted 8/16/09 , edited 8/16/09

life-oxygen wrote:



and when I said "unrealistic " I didn't mean the thread,I meant that you said about the "less real blood to be spilt." thing..
I won't be responding to any of your quoting now,but thanks for the laugh


It seems you don't even understand how to argue. Also, If you are laughing over this then you lack any respectability. I'm trying to talk to you sensibly, and you turn to insults? You took interest in this, so you are the one who needs to learn how to argue someone down with good facts. If you cannot do even that, then don't waste peoples time by throwing out half baked thoughts.

The "FACT" of the matter is I had already said near the start of the thread that all my claims where basically a hailstorm forecast. So before you start calling me crazy with my "Big unrealistic imagination" and then try to insult me with a lack of interest all together, at least show some respect by not even posting.

Just a hinter since I was being very general earlier. When I said less blood being spilt. I meant by the side that was using the robots. The part I said afterwards about it being mostly robots is merely a idea that you associated with what I had said in the previous sentence. "Lack of being able to seperate points". But just for fun, lets go by your misinterpretation. Tell me, how is it unrealistic that at some point "robots" which are not sci-fi just in case you did not know. Would become more and more common in all the militaries of the world over many years, and less people would be sent off to die because of that?

How is that unrealistic. I never said it wasn't a longball idea, but all the groundwork IS IN PLACE for that to happen. Unless you live under a rock, militaries are using robots. It's just a matter of time until a robot destroys another robot in the place of a human killing a human. I go back to the "in exactly the same way replacing a human digger with a zombie will not make digging to china any faster" We won't kill more, just differently.
Posted 8/19/09
Pretty useless.
Slow.
Ugly.
A kick is different from a bullet.
PETA will form a fucking robotic animal branch.
Those damn hippies.
7 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Windhoek, Namibia
Offline
Posted 1/5/12
I just had to join this chat:-)
so in my honest opinion:-)
mechs are and have been possible for many years. my dad always said that if you can imagine it then you can create it. I found that to be the best motto to live life by. the fact in basic concept all combat machines are mechs. tanks bombers and even drones. what is the definition of a mech? it is a machine used for any purpose it was designed for. if you take a tank and remove its turrent and build a mech looking turrent onto it, is it still is a tank or has it become a mech? take for example the appachi helicopter. it has more tech crammed into and on it than most corporations can afford. and in my opinion the planet can do with a few million less ppl. the biggest problem we face as ppl is humanity. war is not a game. the point of war is to kill the ppl that are your enemies. how exactly does one decide who is the enemy? not trying to pick sides but making a point. take for instance the sadam and america thing. he was wrong in acting the way he did. same with asama bin ladin. but if you go there to kill someone sweep the floor with the ppl. there is no humane way to wage war. if you put 30 ppl in a room and ask them a question as a group, you will 90% of the time get a different answer than if you take them 1 by 1 and ask the same question. its called mob mentality. the more ppl in the group the easier to minipulate them. but i think i am getting off topic. the biggest problem facing mech builders are power and balance. i have been looking into this and researching it for a long time now. my company will start construction of the first prototype somewhere during 2012. the worst thing is that you dont need 20 guys with 5 PHD's each to build it or to research it. all you need is common sense and time. i dont have any of those things and we have only run into 3 problems. and best of all, its built in africa. not all tech and new stuff comes from USA or Japan. sometimes the first ones are made in a poor country and then the tech is bought or stolen by someone else who sees it. its a part of human nature to destroy each other. ppl should research and do stuff to better mankind but we do things do better our bank balance. if we build a nuclear power plant, then automatically we want to build nuclear bombs. the world is gonna be destroyed by humans. fact. we are already killing all the animals and destroying their eco systems. imagine if a group of animal rights activists get a hold of a mech. they attack and kill a bunch of ppl destroying the rain forests. how do you decide who is wrong?
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.