First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply abstinence
Member
747 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / BC, Canada
Offline
Posted 4/4/08 , edited 4/18/08
Magnus is right, The Bible says nothing against premarital sex. in fact the only people who never had sex in their life was jesus and priests. That's not to say that Sex is necessarily always good, people use it like they use a hammer sometimes and that can't be altogether healthy. But sex is actually a healthy activity. It's just a person's decision whether they want to have it or not.
Member
1208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Temasek,Singapura...
Offline
Posted 4/5/08 , edited 4/18/08
Lols...But Still, Pre-marital Sex is Not Advisable,and its still a Sin.
So Whether Is it allowed or not.Its Still A Sin.
Creator
592 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / California
Offline
Posted 4/5/08 , edited 4/18/08
True, the Bible does not mention the world premarital sex. hm....

In 1 Corinthians 7:2 (KJV), Paul says to avoid fornication (voluntary sexual intercourse between two unmarried persons or two persons not married to each other). So it could go both ways to either premarital sex or adultery. Some might say, well in other Bible versions, they use immorality, not fornication, so we can't be sure. But the Greek word "porneia" is used for both in the Greek translated Bible. Porneia has a bunch of definitions, but one of them is fornication.

My conclusion is that although premarital sex isn't mentioned explicitly, there are some hints that kind of lead to it. Besides, you do want your first time to be with your wife...well...I do.
Moderator
5694 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 4/5/08 , edited 4/18/08
lol George Bush

anyway back to premarital sex...according to many passages in the Bible premarital sex is considered to be a sin (same with any sexual immorality). here are some verses you can look up if you don't believe me.
Acts 15:20
Romans 1:29
1 Corinthians 5:1 6:13,18 7:2 10:8
2 Corinthians 12:21
Galatians 5:19
Colossians 3:5
1 Thessalonians 4:3
Jude 7

Sex after marriage is the only kind approved by God
Hebrews 13:4

This verse also explains things pretty well: 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have received from God? You were bought with a price. Therefor honor God with your body!

In other words anything you do to your body that defiles it, dishonors God including; drugs, cutting, premarital sex, eating too much,drinking too much alcohol, and so on...and to put it frankly...everyone wants to have "fun" when they're younger but when it comes to marriage people want a pure partner...how does that make sense to anyone of you?

If you want your future partner to wait for you then you should wait for them too...and believe me i'm not into most of the girly romantic mumbo jumbo but that's how God planned marriage and sex out to be...a man shall leave his parents and be united with his bride...how can you be united with someone and honor God fully if you've been "united" with other people countless times before?

As a Christian you should live your lives to bring glory to God and God alone...so next time ask yourself "does this bring glory to God or does it dishonor God?" if you're not honoring God, the solution is simple...don't do it~ ....

lol i was trying to keep my language PG13 so forgive me if some things don't make sense ^_^






Moderator
5694 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 4/5/08 , edited 4/18/08
hmmm...seems that you must have a different translation or that you read the wrong verse...my NIV Bible says:
Hebrews 13:4
Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.

Actually I don't think my views are totally biased...think about this: If all people in this world kept their bodies totally pure and didn't give into sexual sins and temptations we wouldn't have problems with HIV, AIDs, Clamidia, genital warts, gonhorrea, hepatitis, and syphilus etc....In other words, when you have sex before marriage (especially with multiple partners) your putting yourself at risk for various diseases that only came into being because of our lack of self-control.

Sex before marriage is a sin for many different reasons~ How do I know this? Think of the end result of both ends of the spectrum.

If I have sex after I'm married which eventually leads to children then praise be to God! I'll have some sort of way to provide for my children and most responsible couples plan ahead for such instances.
People that have premarital sex don't think of future responsibilities and are often caught up "in the spur of the moment" they don't worry about the emotional problems it leads to, possibility of offspring, diseases that their partner may have, or how their future spouses may react.

God doesn't want us to go through stuff like that especially if can easily be avoided by keeping your bodies pure for his Glory. Yes sex glorifies God and it's not something to ashamed of...how else did each one of us come into this world? The problem is that premarital sex doesn't glorify God because it's only for our fulfillment and not for the fulfillment of God's word in us.

Wow i never thought I'd ever give anyone a sex talk...God works in mysterious ways

Member
747 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / BC, Canada
Offline
Posted 4/6/08 , edited 4/18/08
... well said Rukia. Actually I was going to meantion sexually transmitted infections as well...

The problem I find with the Bible is that it is interpreted so many different ways, some verses are pretty cut and dry (like Hebrew 13:4) but some can be pretty confusing... it's why scholars are still arguing over it.

For me, it's not whether the Bible wants me to be pure until marriage or not, I'm staying pure because it's the best gift I can give to my future wife... sounds stupid, but I dont really care.
Moderator
5694 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 4/6/08 , edited 4/18/08
if you say so magnus but I doubt your future wife will be pleased unless she has the same views as you...either way I said what was needed to be said and the rest is up to God ^_^...have a blessed week~
Member
7578 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/6/08 , edited 4/18/08
Sex is not bad at all. But it is intended for us to experience with our spouse. Having sex before marrige is considered adultry. So that is what makes it a sin. It is adultry because your not doing it out of love which is what sex should be (a way to express your deepest feelings) but it is out of attraction (which is lust) which in conclusion is a sin but only if it is before marriage. But even if I turn out to be wrong...which well never know until we ask God ourselves. Isn't it better to have abstinence? You wouldn't have any contracted diseases and for your partner who did wait they wouldnt feel self-conscious or insecure about you having more experience. There wouldn't be the complications on unwanted babies and there be no emotional damage. You may think its fun but what if you end up wounding they other person's heart? Theres too many complications and so I see no point of even trying to have sex before marriage. I'm going to sustain myself and I hope my partner will too.
Member
7578 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/6/08 , edited 4/18/08

magnus102 wrote:


Jellybean123 wrote:

Sex is not bad at all. But it is intended for us to experience with our spouse. Having sex before marrige is considered adultry.
Wrong look it up.

S


From what I have read I truely believe what I stated is true. It would be adultry because commiting sex before marriage would be out of attraction and attraction is lust. So wouldn't it be a sin?? I don't want this to sound closed minded but it might to you idk.
Member
7578 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/6/08 , edited 4/18/08


Jellybean123 wrote:


magnus102 wrote:


Jellybean123 wrote:

Sex is not bad at all. But it is intended for us to experience with our spouse. Having sex before marrige is considered adultry.”Wrong look it up.

S


From what I have read I truely believe what I stated is true. It would be adultry because commiting sex before marriage would be out of attraction and attraction is lust. So wouldn't it be a sin?? I don't want this to sound closed minded but it might to you idk.


Adultery is sex with someone other than your spouse after you are married. Look it up in a dictionary. Google it. I don't care. Thats what it means.


Thanks for correcting my definition. But I still believe its a sin to have sex before marriage.
Moderator
5694 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 4/6/08 , edited 4/18/08
hey guys don't worry about it magnus is obviously not going to change his mind and is only looking forward to proving his point...in other words no one is learning anything in particular...so unless you have a new topic to introduce about abstinence lets leave it at that...shall we? ^_^
Member
42 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Massachusetts
Offline
Posted 4/8/08 , edited 4/18/08
Adultry's definition is not - having sex after you after married... When both Jesus and Paul speak of it, it is not only directed to the married, but to the young and single. Therefore, going by the biblical definition of adultry, sex outside of ones marriage is forbidden.... sooooo ... dont lose me... if you are not married then you are outside of marriage, so if you partake in sex before marriage you commit adultry.

In college I was a counseling major, there are so many good reasons to wait until marriage... and selfishness is a bad reason for not waiting.

as a side note, if you believe that adultry is only when some one has sex with some one who is married to another dont forget that guy or girl you are sleeping with will most likely marry someone someday and therefore you are sleeping with some one else's wife/husband (and having sex because you fully intend to marry that person someday is a copout)
Posted 4/8/08 , edited 4/18/08
I'm going through an anime abstinence
Member
110 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Midwest
Offline
Posted 5/11/08 , edited 5/11/08
I definitely doing the abstinence thing. Yay for purity!!!

The most important reason is obviously because sex outside of the commitment of marriage is disobediance to my Lord. It is a distortion of His original plan for sex, and it contradicts His character.

Of course, other important reasons are pregnancy and STDs.

Something else that is really big for a female is the emotional attatchment caused by sex. I don't know the specifics, but when someone (I don't know if this is just for the female, or if the guy experiances this too...) has sex, there is an involuntary chemical reaction in the brain that emotionally connects you to that specific person for the rest of your life. I certainly want that person to be my husband!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.