First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Americans ARE Stupid,
26750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / California's Proj...
Offline
Posted 8/26/09

SeraphAlford wrote:


cdplayer6 wrote:

Yay, another stupid thread. ^_^

Okay!!! Okay!!!
Hmm, what does a matter that directly relates to HUMAN AMBITION, comes from HUMAN AMBITION, and ends with HUMAN AMBITION have to do with America, a lousy piece of land?

GEEE I DON'T KNOW
maybe...... Ab-so-lutely "f---ing" nothing?

ding.


Maybe try reading the thread next time, smart guy? It wasn't about the land, it was about the education system. Ding.


LOL, i didn't feel reading when i posted that.
4202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 8/26/09

SeraphAlford wrote:



Just another reason I hate the United Kingdom. Nationalist, hypocritical, egotistical jackasses.


I think those guys are australians
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/26/09

Hedbrant wrote:


SeraphAlford wrote:



Just another reason I hate the United Kingdom. Nationalist, hypocritical, egotistical jackasses.


I think those guys are australians


Yeah, but I like the Australian nation. So it’s better to blame it on the Brits who have an evil nation. Shh.
1288 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
A small place in...
Offline
Posted 8/26/09

SeraphAlford wrote:


Hedbrant wrote:


SeraphAlford wrote:



Just another reason I hate the United Kingdom. Nationalist, hypocritical, egotistical jackasses.


I think those guys are australians


Yeah, but I like the Australian nation. So it’s better to blame it on the Brits who have an evil nation. Shh.



Wow thats pretty harsh to say about the United Kingdom, Britain. Its true that they have not been supportive recently but over the years after World War 2 and especially during the start of the Iraq war, they have thrown in their support for US. They were also one of the countries that were the last to leave.

It be hard to be friends with someone who turn around and denounce you just over one dispute even though you been good friends and supportive over time. Now now the time to be enemies with every country especially among allies.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/27/09

Northboundsnow wrote:



Wow thats pretty harsh to say about the United Kingdom, Britain. Its true that they have not been supportive recently but over the years after World War 2 and especially during the start of the Iraq war, they have thrown in their support for US. They were also one of the countries that were the last to leave.

It be hard to be friends with someone who turn around and denounce you just over one dispute even though you been good friends and supportive over time. Now now the time to be enemies with every country especially among allies.


I don’t condemn the United Kingdom for leaving the Iraq War. I wrote a thread about this.
1288 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
A small place in...
Offline
Posted 8/27/09

SeraphAlford wrote:


Northboundsnow wrote:



Wow thats pretty harsh to say about the United Kingdom, Britain. Its true that they have not been supportive recently but over the years after World War 2 and especially during the start of the Iraq war, they have thrown in their support for US. They were also one of the countries that were the last to leave.

It be hard to be friends with someone who turn around and denounce you just over one dispute even though you been good friends and supportive over time. Now now the time to be enemies with every country especially among allies.


I don’t condemn the United Kingdom for leaving the Iraq War. I wrote a thread about this.



"Just another reason I hate the United Kingdom. Nationalist, hypocritical, egotistical jackasses" - SeraphAlford


Your thread and your statement don't match. Its like u are flip-flopping.
Still I kinda like the UK with the exception of the rioting West Ham-Midwall hooligans.

Still it be good to hear why you think they are all of the above though.
1718 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
65 / M / Croatia
Offline
Posted 8/27/09

Northboundsnow wrote:


SeraphAlford wrote:


Northboundsnow wrote:



Wow thats pretty harsh to say about the United Kingdom, Britain. Its true that they have not been supportive recently but over the years after World War 2 and especially during the start of the Iraq war, they have thrown in their support for US. They were also one of the countries that were the last to leave.

It be hard to be friends with someone who turn around and denounce you just over one dispute even though you been good friends and supportive over time. Now now the time to be enemies with every country especially among allies.


I don’t condemn the United Kingdom for leaving the Iraq War. I wrote a thread about this.



"Just another reason I hate the United Kingdom. Nationalist, hypocritical, egotistical jackasses" - SeraphAlford


Your thread and your statement don't match. Its like u are flip-flopping.
Still I kinda like the UK with the exception of the rioting West Ham-Midwall hooligans.

Still it be good to hear why you think they are all of the above though.


Hooligans and punk culture were the best british invention! Sorry, just had to say it.

On the subject, I think that in america it all depends on school. Private schools are the best, while public schools are the worst. Same goes for colleges. So, if you have money to pay for your education, you will get one of the best educations in the world, and if not, then you will get one of the worst. But if you dont have money, and are eager for knowledge, well, public libraries are always open and cheap.
1288 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
A small place in...
Offline
Posted 8/28/09 , edited 8/28/09

blancer wrote:




Hooligans and punk culture were the best british invention! Sorry, just had to say it.

On the subject, I think that in america it all depends on school. Private schools are the best, while public schools are the worst. Same goes for colleges. So, if you have money to pay for your education, you will get one of the best educations in the world, and if not, then you will get one of the worst. But if you dont have money, and are eager for knowledge, well, public libraries are always open and cheap.


English Fans were notorious and whenever England or English clubs plays, the respective country will almost certainly beef up security. Now English fans are generally good-nature but this recent West Ham-Midwall incident is a blemish. I like British cultures especially stories about zeds which almost always outbreak in Britain, lolz.

Private schools have the means and the funds to teach, public schools sometimes lack fund, very low pay for teachers and students who are now less inclined to listen to teachers or study, its really an uphill battle. Even if one wants to learn from public libraries, there are some things that you can't just understand or learn by yourself and there need somebody to show you what is wrong and what is not.
Basic Education is important and its somewhat baffling to hear America trying to encourage education for everyone overseas but have a skewered one at home.

One of the reasons companies outsource to other countries is not just cheap labor, but also more often the workers are more technically inclined.

http://www.oclc.org/reports/funding/default.htm
PS: Edit so provide a link.
25823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 8/28/09
yeah American education system totaly sucks well as far as pub hs goes

they act like its better to pour money to solve it lol that helps nothing if its still crappy ppl doing crappy jobs
1718 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
65 / M / Croatia
Offline
Posted 8/28/09

Northboundsnow wrote:


blancer wrote:




Hooligans and punk culture were the best british invention! Sorry, just had to say it.

On the subject, I think that in america it all depends on school. Private schools are the best, while public schools are the worst. Same goes for colleges. So, if you have money to pay for your education, you will get one of the best educations in the world, and if not, then you will get one of the worst. But if you dont have money, and are eager for knowledge, well, public libraries are always open and cheap.


English Fans were notorious and whenever England or English clubs plays, the respective country will almost certainly beef up security. Now English fans are generally good-nature but this recent West Ham-Midwall incident is a blemish. I like British cultures especially stories about zeds which almost always outbreak in Britain, lolz.

Private schools have the means and the funds to teach, public schools sometimes lack fund, very low pay for teachers and students who are now less inclined to listen to teachers or study, its really an uphill battle. Even if one wants to learn from public libraries, there are some things that you can't just understand or learn by yourself and there need somebody to show you what is wrong and what is not.
Basic Education is important and its somewhat baffling to hear America trying to encourage education for everyone overseas but have a skewered one at home.

One of the reasons companies outsource to other countries is not just cheap labor, but also more often the workers are more technically inclined.

http://www.oclc.org/reports/funding/default.htm
PS: Edit so provide a link.


Interesting link. You are right, without good basic education, libraries are rather obsolete for education. One must first learn how to read, right? Then one decides what to read, and what interests him/her, etc... and that can found only through at least some education.

Hey, croatian football teams (or is it soccer, I am always confusing american/european meaning) were almost banned from UEFA because of our "fans" who make excesses wherever they go. So when I travel, I am embarrassed to say that I am croatian, if we played in that city recently.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/28/09

Northboundsnow wrote:

"Just another reason I hate the United Kingdom. Nationalist, hypocritical, egotistical jackasses" - SeraphAlford


Your thread and your statement don't match. Its like u are flip-flopping.
Still I kinda like the UK with the exception of the rioting West Ham-Midwall hooligans.

Still it be good to hear why you think they are all of the above though.


Wait, when did I flip-flop? I’m just saying that my reasons for disliking the United Kingdom have nothing to do with the Iraq War.

Anyway, I give the United Kingdom a bum rep sometimes. It just bothers me that they pretend to be this progressive, fast tracked nation but in all reality they’re one of the slower evolving ones. I mean, America went through an Imperial phases for a while too. It was a very, very short one, but they did. It’s just that whenever everybody else was abandoning their Imperial roots the UK was still conquering Africans.

Yet, if you talk to anybody from the United kingdom you get the impression that they think they were doing native cultures a favor by conquering one fourth of the world’s population and subjecting them to English apartheid.

Then again I apparently can’t tell the difference between Australians and the British, and I love Australia. Makes me wonder if I’m being a little irrational here.

I also hate that the English media constantly attacks America while the American media is nothing but friendly of the English, who are supposed to be our allies.

All and all the United Kingdom is only evil so far as every nation is evil. I didn't actually intend to have a serious conversation on this, as I was half kidding. I did create a thread a while back but I was mostly hoping to get some fired up English people active in the threads. Feels a bit like I'm talking to the same people over and over again. The only topics that do well anymore are Israel v. Palestine ones. I'm hungry for a debate that doesn't involve being called a zionist.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/28/09

Northboundsnow wrote:

English Fans were notorious and whenever England or English clubs plays, the respective country will almost certainly beef up security. Now English fans are generally good-nature but this recent West Ham-Midwall incident is a blemish. I like British cultures especially stories about zeds which almost always outbreak in Britain, lolz.

Private schools have the means and the funds to teach, public schools sometimes lack fund, very low pay for teachers and students who are now less inclined to listen to teachers or study, its really an uphill battle. Even if one wants to learn from public libraries, there are some things that you can't just understand or learn by yourself and there need somebody to show you what is wrong and what is not.
Basic Education is important and its somewhat baffling to hear America trying to encourage education for everyone overseas but have a skewered one at home.

One of the reasons companies outsource to other countries is not just cheap labor, but also more often the workers are more technically inclined.

http://www.oclc.org/reports/funding/default.htm
PS: Edit so provide a link.


Green Street Hooligans was a good movie…?

Anyway, American public schools don’t lack funding. Actually, they waste money; moreover, how much funding they have apparently doesn’t correlate with how well their students perform. And my experience in private schools it that the're jokes. I'm sure this isn't ALL private schools, but I've been to three and they were absurd.
1288 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
A small place in...
Offline
Posted 9/4/09



Not to nitpick or say u are flip-flopping again, there was nothing in my earlier posts or statement to say or insinuate that your reasons for calling UK "Nationalist, hypocritical, egotistical jackasses" was because they left Iraq war. I only provided an example of past UK actions from Tony Blair, UK to side with US despite most of the world leaders and their public being against it. Even now, UK unpopular involvement in Afghanistan helping the US forces there, which are doing a large toll on their economy and public outrage on Gordon Brown, we seem to forget that intelligence agency have often said that Al-Qaeda.is in Afghanistan and are threatening Pakistan due to meddling in Iraq. Also i thought u flip-flop earlier is that u are calling them as such because of videos from Chasers which are not even UK based.


But it was good that u replied and provided (earlier posts). your reasons for the dislike, which i wanted to hear and those are understandable and reasonable points.
10694 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 9/5/09
it really depends on what high school you go to. there are crap schools, but there are some excellent schools as well. the high school i go to is the best in my area. our AP, SAT, SAT II, ACT, and other standardized test scores are well above the national average.

however i think the problem is that not everyone has the opportunity to go to a good high school. i know people who have moved from a crappy high school, came here, and then struggled to keep up. your high school education prepares you for college, and those that went to a crappy high school struggle to adapt to the new environment. i go to community college as well as high school, and i can easily say classes at cc are a breeze. nobody in my class knew what a helping/auxiliary verb was... i'm serious...

don't you guys always hear about how, especially here in texas with the top 10% rule and all, there are people dropping out of college their freshmen year even though they were in the top 1% of their class? not all high schools are created equal unfortunately... as high school plays a big part in preparing you for college, if they didn't do it well enough then uhh ohh. then of course there's the people who don't even make it past high school, but i don't know much about why...
260 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 9/5/09
Hello. My name is Yonju, I'm twelve years old, and I'm a public education hater. (Hi, Yonju). Now, I can't pretend to have nearly as much life experience as the other people on this forum, but speaking as a girl on the front lines, I can tell you that the modern American educational system is very, very flawed. But, American educational systems have a history of being very flawed and neglected, but we've grown considerably. We came from having no schools at all to having small, rural schools that very few children attended, to having huge, elaborate school systems with millions of children in them. It's come a long way, but it's still not good enough to conform to individual children's needs.
An example: I failed math last year, but scored very highly over the national average in my Istep+ tests. I went into 7th math very, very unhappy. After three or so weeks of uncontrollable boredom, I read through my math textbook while the teacher was talking (about things that I had learned two years ago). I discovered that in the next year, I would be learning the same thing over and over again. I was justifiably horrified. In a (very dramatic, I assure you) panic, I opened the pre-algebra text book to try to find something more interesting to read. In that book was everything from the other textbook crammed into two-thirds of the book, and in the last third was things that I had learned in fifth grade. I felt like crying. Moral of the story: American schools have come a long way, but not nearly far enough.
I agree with what many of you are saying. America is a free market economy, but public education is, to speak frankly, very socialist. Most teachers are not payed well enough for what they do, and some teachers just shouldn't be teaching. Not to mention the political views of the teacher potentially rubbing off on the children, in a manner that many angry mothers have called "brainwashing". Don't laugh, it happens a lot nowadays. Going with intended harshness, I have one phrase to describe every teacher that I've ever had: Badshit Crazy.
This is all I have for now, if I've made a mistake that you would like to point out, please do so.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.