can a combative culture have healthy benefits for a country?
4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 8/16/09
ok, let me put this as blunty as possible.im trying to combine 3 topics into one. can a warrior society be helpful in creating a great country?

1st topic- how can schools avoid school shooting? can a combative culture reduce gun fights back to fists fights?

2nd topic- does raising children in an overprotective environment, give them a unhealthy relationship with the outside world?

3rd topic-can a country just benefit over all from a little bit of tough love? is spoiling a child a bad thing?

now to go into more detail

1st- back in the 1950s, school fights where settled in 1 vs 1 unarmed combat. one guy lost, one guy won, and a new friendship spawned.No hatred or hurt feelings no crime or shooting.They basicly had honor, pride, and a sense of respect for life.

now a days, fights in school r settled with guns, gangs, and baseless "feel good" laws used to scare kids.

wouldnt going back to an older time be safer? back to a time where people werent afraid to take a punch? guns and gangs r generally used by people who cant fight in the 1st place, and in a child's hand there is no responsibility or consequences to pay.Most of the shootings r blamed on rappers and violent TV shows.wouldnt normal fighting between kids save a lot of lives? in place of all these metal detectors and crap?

2nd-back in my days of youth, i grew up not being a afriad to take a punch. or to take risks and take full responsibility for my actions.i was very mature for my age and feared nothing short of death.Adults feared my determination and twisted, sick, sense of justice.

now a days kids r to scared to take a punch to the face. they start problems they cant finish, and run back to mommy and daddy begging for the help they usually refute in the begining.like a bunch of hippies
the martial art world takes a particular toll because of this, but ill save that for another topic.
they basicly dont take responsibility for thier own actions.

and certain societies takes a role in this to (not naming ne countries ). girls r brainwashed to...well act girly. boys r brainwashed to act...like boys.society as a certain image it wants its children to imitate.but this image is...well its wimpy. ill continue this in part 3

3rd-kids r spoiled today. they just r. when ever a problem occurs they go running to mommy and daddy to fix it.
but the issue goes deeper this. Certain societies protect thier children wayyy to strongly.a strong catalyst for the end result. Laws that prevent adults from having sex with kids as old as 17. "sexting" being considered a crime. fighting a child is a crime as well. i have seen murder charges have less weight then some of these stachatory rape charges. i think its kind of rediculas. i know its instinct for a mother to protect its child.

but some of these "kids" r still living with mom at the age of 23.refusing to get jobs when the job market was strong.
and dont get me started on the whole sueing deal. People tend to solve all of thier childish issues by sueing. Why let the governement interfer in your issues? wouldnt it be easier to solve your problems like adults and talk it out?

can u see where im going with this? doesnt this type of behavior hurt a country? wouldn't a warrior-type society benefit more?

warrior society- a society and which everyone is raised to be independent and strong. letting small issues go t oconcentrate on more meaningful ones. a society of honor AND law. trained soldiers define 95% of the population

although i say children, im refering to highschool age and up. your age doesnt make u a man or a woman (another topic idea
so what r your thoughs? am i on to something? or do i sound like a drunk with pointless rambling? peace over war
462 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 8/17/09
think this thread could be a lot better in Extended Discussion.

anyway,
can you pls sum up your thought in the OP? im quite confused regarding what really is your point.
3066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M
Offline
Posted 8/17/09
This is possibly one of the dumbest ideas/post I've ever read.
Posted 8/17/09
hahahah there will always be wusses that are too scared to take a punch in any generation, past or future. come to melbourne west side i can tell you there aren't many ppl who are scared to cop a punch. xD then again weak pussies are countless too!
422 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 8/17/09 , edited 8/17/09
IMO

1st topic- No, since civilization is only a thin sheet of paper that coats the darkness and impurity in men’s savagery

2nd topic- parents taking protection to the extreme and as a result, their children are unprepared to face the world, as a result they would become NEETS or "leechers of their parents"

3nd topic- No, Tough love is difficult for both the administer and receiver thus concluding that it would definitely not benefit a country

btw, what the fuck is with these fighting/pride thread topic?
98 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35
Offline
Posted 8/18/09
Great topic, and something I never thought I'd see discussed anywhere.

People today have been brainwashed into thinking that "all fighting is bad." But is it better to have school kids box each other with gloves in a ring? Or come in one day and blow everyone in the class away with a gun?

Part of human nature is an in-born sense of justice... and an inborn sense of outrage when that justice is violated. Thus why kids want virtually to kill one another, if mommy or daddy favors (or seems to) another sibling. Today we ask kids to just forget all about that.

I think martial arts is an excellent way to solve the violence problem, because if people can learn the self discipline and dignity to compete honorably on even footing, it's going to be a lot better for everyone. If martial arts and the like were as dangerous as everyone thinks they are (ohmygosh! violence! kyaaaaaa!) then all of the students in martial arts classes would be getting carried out on stretchers daily, and martial arts classes would probably be illegal by now. But it's precisely because of the controlled environment and taught technique, that the students in the school are safer than they would be just brawling it out with baseball bats.

There is also a big problem when the men in a society are basically deprived of any and every outlet for aggression, anger, and even good, healthy masculinity. In old times, a guy full of fight might go join the army or something. Back then, it meant that he'd be training in hand to hand combat, and fighting for his own country. Today it means you sit in a hole somewhere on the other side of the earth, with a gun or a button, and blow the other guy up without ever touching him. Not the same thing.

Today we expect men to sit in offices and behind customer service counters, with pretty manners and nice ties and hair they've spent all morning fixing like a woman. (Actually, out of respect for the women, there are women who spend less time on their looks than some men do today.) But if those men who are full of that aggression or need to do something physical, are left without any good and healthy outlet for it, in many cases they end up finding a bad and unhealthy one. You can't turn men into dolls and expect everything to go all right.

Yeah, you can say that's what sports are for, but... sports are not something just anyone can join. So unless Bob has a whole neighborhood of men who are unhappy in their effeminate lives, and the money to buy the equipment, and the facilities they need readily available, then no, sports aren't any good for Bob.

Raising kids in a soft, safe, sickeningly sappy environment isn't going to save them from anything. It's going to give them a picture of reality that is completely false, which is probably why every second or third person today sees a shrink and takes psych meds. It would be harsh to meet the real world, after being brought up like it's all hugs and roses. Certainly the undisciplined people aren't going to give them a hug when they feel like punching their lights out. Nor is it going to give them a way to cope when that harsh world fills them up to their eyeballs with anger, disgust and indignation.

Society needs to recognize that men are men, and provide outlets for them (and anyone with anger issues) to safely settle things, and to work off all that extra energy. Martial arts in schools (or even competitive sports or games) would definitely help channel aggression in positive ways, which would clearly be better for society. Of course that doesn't do anything for Bob in the office, but... one problem at a time, I guess...

But I think where schools are concerned, there's a much deeper problem than just aggression, namely that the children are largely not getting any real, positive discipline anywhere... which means they do pretty much whatever they like, all of the time. Which is going to cause all the more anger and frustration every time they can't just have their own way. And since they've never been made or taught to respect anything but themselves their whole lives, it's little wonder why they want to kill someone the first time someone "disrespects them" ... which usually amounts to coming in contact with the reality that the world does not, in fact, revolve around them.

Sorry if the post was incoherent. I haven't had breakfast yet, and it's almost lunch.
2633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / New York City, NY
Offline
Posted 8/18/09 , edited 8/18/09

JJT2 wrote:

ok, let me put this as blunty as possible.im trying to combine 3 topics into one. can a warrior society be helpful in creating a great country?

1st topic- how can schools avoid school shooting? can a combative culture reduce gun fights back to fists fights?

2nd topic- does raising children in an overprotective environment, give them a unhealthy relationship with the outside world?

3rd topic-can a country just benefit over all from a little bit of tough love? is spoiling a child a bad thing?

now to go into more detail

1st- back in the 1950s, school fights where settled in 1 vs 1 unarmed combat. one guy lost, one guy won, and a new friendship spawned.No hatred or hurt feelings no crime or shooting.They basicly had honor, pride, and a sense of respect for life.

now a days, fights in school r settled with guns, gangs, and baseless "feel good" laws used to scare kids.

wouldnt going back to an older time be safer? back to a time where people werent afraid to take a punch? guns and gangs r generally used by people who cant fight in the 1st place, and in a child's hand there is no responsibility or consequences to pay.Most of the shootings r blamed on rappers and violent TV shows.wouldnt normal fighting between kids save a lot of lives? in place of all these metal detectors and crap?

2nd-back in my days of youth, i grew up not being a afriad to take a punch. or to take risks and take full responsibility for my actions.i was very mature for my age and feared nothing short of death.Adults feared my determination and twisted, sick, sense of justice.

now a days kids r to scared to take a punch to the face. they start problems they cant finish, and run back to mommy and daddy begging for the help they usually refute in the begining.like a bunch of hippies
the martial art world takes a particular toll because of this, but ill save that for another topic.
they basicly dont take responsibility for thier own actions.

and certain societies takes a role in this to (not naming ne countries ). girls r brainwashed to...well act girly. boys r brainwashed to act...like boys.society as a certain image it wants its children to imitate.but this image is...well its wimpy. ill continue this in part 3

3rd-kids r spoiled today. they just r. when ever a problem occurs they go running to mommy and daddy to fix it.
but the issue goes deeper this. Certain societies protect thier children wayyy to strongly.a strong catalyst for the end result. Laws that prevent adults from having sex with kids as old as 17. "sexting" being considered a crime. fighting a child is a crime as well. i have seen murder charges have less weight then some of these stachatory rape charges. i think its kind of rediculas. i know its instinct for a mother to protect its child.

but some of these "kids" r still living with mom at the age of 23.refusing to get jobs when the job market was strong.
and dont get me started on the whole sueing deal. People tend to solve all of thier childish issues by sueing. Why let the governement interfer in your issues? wouldnt it be easier to solve your problems like adults and talk it out?

can u see where im going with this? doesnt this type of behavior hurt a country? wouldn't a warrior-type society benefit more?

warrior society- a society and which everyone is raised to be independent and strong. letting small issues go t oconcentrate on more meaningful ones. a society of honor AND law. trained soldiers define 95% of the population

although i say children, im refering to highschool age and up. your age doesnt make u a man or a woman (another topic idea
so what r your thoughs? am i on to something? or do i sound like a drunk with pointless rambling? peace over war


You do realize that most previous warrior cultures had an adjacent slave culture?

And seriously, you just sound like an angry old Republican.
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 8/18/09
A society like that would be non-violent and would solve all of those problems, but it would create many more. If 95% people are soldiers then who is raising and distributing food? Who is taking care of the infants? Who is managing waste and water and electricity? Who is working in the hospitals? Who is trying to create and improve their technology? Who is running any sort of entertainment and recreation industries? You can't expect 5% of the population to do all of that. There's no point in making everyone soldiers unless you plan on being at war all the time, and if you are then all of that 5% would have to go towards non-combat duties, and everyone would starve and/or die of dysentery and various other diseases.
4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 8/18/09

Cuddlebuns wrote:

A society like that would be non-violent and would solve all of those problems, but it would create many more. If 95% people are soldiers then who is raising and distributing food? Who is taking care of the infants? Who is managing waste and water and electricity? Who is working in the hospitals? Who is trying to create and improve their technology? Who is running any sort of entertainment and recreation industries? You can't expect 5% of the population to do all of that. There's no point in making everyone soldiers unless you plan on being at war all the time, and if you are then all of that 5% would have to go towards non-combat duties, and everyone would starve and/or die of dysentery and various other diseases.

95% of the soldiers dont need to be all infertry, they just need the training. Even today, not all soldiers actually see the battle field, the military has different jobs for each personel.

what i was trying to alude to was the fact that China used to force every one of its citizens to join the army, im just saying the training and discipline could help people manage society better.i mean, dont u think people in 1st world countries r at leasts a little spoiled?Now its considered a crime to spank your children.And mothers and fathers act like friends to thier own children instead of parents.On some philosophical level, this has to be damaging the respect children have for thier parents.peace over war
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 8/19/09

JJT2
95% of the soldiers dont need to be all infertry, they just need the training. Even today, not all soldiers actually see the battle field, the military has different jobs for each personel.


Even still, if most people are in the military doing military-related work, then there is not enough people to other jobs that are necessary to run society.


what i was trying to alude to was the fact that China used to force every one of its citizens to join the army, im just saying the training and discipline could help people manage society better.i mean, dont u think people in 1st world countries r at leasts a little spoiled?Now its considered a crime to spank your children.And mothers and fathers act like friends to thier own children instead of parents.On some philosophical level, this has to be damaging the respect children have for thier parents.peace over war


Yes I think we are "spoiled" (well not me since I respect my mom and people older than me), and if everyone was in the army then that problem would be solved, but it would cause many more such as the ones that I listed earlier. Now if everyone were forced to join for 2 years or so when they are young (18-20), or if all schools had strict discipline guidelines like the military does, then It could work.

Also, seeing your parents as a friend does not damage your respect for them. My mom treats me and all my siblings like her friends, and that is one of the reasons why we respect her so much, the other is because she disciplined us well when we were little. But I do realize that not all kids are able to have that type of relationship with their parents.
4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 8/19/09

leviathan343 wrote:


JJT2 wrote:

ok, let me put this as blunty as possible.im trying to combine 3 topics into one. can a warrior society be helpful in creating a great country?

1st topic- how can schools avoid school shooting? can a combative culture reduce gun fights back to fists fights?

2nd topic- does raising children in an overprotective environment, give them a unhealthy relationship with the outside world?

3rd topic-can a country just benefit over all from a little bit of tough love? is spoiling a child a bad thing?

now to go into more detail

1st- back in the 1950s, school fights where settled in 1 vs 1 unarmed combat. one guy lost, one guy won, and a new friendship spawned.No hatred or hurt feelings no crime or shooting.They basicly had honor, pride, and a sense of respect for life.

now a days, fights in school r settled with guns, gangs, and baseless "feel good" laws used to scare kids.

wouldnt going back to an older time be safer? back to a time where people werent afraid to take a punch? guns and gangs r generally used by people who cant fight in the 1st place, and in a child's hand there is no responsibility or consequences to pay.Most of the shootings r blamed on rappers and violent TV shows.wouldnt normal fighting between kids save a lot of lives? in place of all these metal detectors and crap?

2nd-back in my days of youth, i grew up not being a afriad to take a punch. or to take risks and take full responsibility for my actions.i was very mature for my age and feared nothing short of death.Adults feared my determination and twisted, sick, sense of justice.

now a days kids r to scared to take a punch to the face. they start problems they cant finish, and run back to mommy and daddy begging for the help they usually refute in the begining.like a bunch of hippies
the martial art world takes a particular toll because of this, but ill save that for another topic.
they basicly dont take responsibility for thier own actions.

and certain societies takes a role in this to (not naming ne countries ). girls r brainwashed to...well act girly. boys r brainwashed to act...like boys.society as a certain image it wants its children to imitate.but this image is...well its wimpy. ill continue this in part 3

3rd-kids r spoiled today. they just r. when ever a problem occurs they go running to mommy and daddy to fix it.
but the issue goes deeper this. Certain societies protect thier children wayyy to strongly.a strong catalyst for the end result. Laws that prevent adults from having sex with kids as old as 17. "sexting" being considered a crime. fighting a child is a crime as well. i have seen murder charges have less weight then some of these stachatory rape charges. i think its kind of rediculas. i know its instinct for a mother to protect its child.

but some of these "kids" r still living with mom at the age of 23.refusing to get jobs when the job market was strong.
and dont get me started on the whole sueing deal. People tend to solve all of thier childish issues by sueing. Why let the governement interfer in your issues? wouldnt it be easier to solve your problems like adults and talk it out?

can u see where im going with this? doesnt this type of behavior hurt a country? wouldn't a warrior-type society benefit more?

warrior society- a society and which everyone is raised to be independent and strong. letting small issues go t oconcentrate on more meaningful ones. a society of honor AND law. trained soldiers define 95% of the population

although i say children, im refering to highschool age and up. your age doesnt make u a man or a woman (another topic idea
so what r your thoughs? am i on to something? or do i sound like a drunk with pointless rambling? peace over war


You do realize that most previous warrior cultures had an adjacent slave culture?

And seriously, you just sound like an angry old Republican.

eh, a few 21st century slaves wont hurt americans peace over war

You must be logged in to post.