First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Seat-belt laws! Is it against are freedom as American citizens?
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 8/17/09

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:


makix wrote:

Personally it shouldn't be a law because it goes against the survival of the fittest rule.

If you decide to be "badass" and not wear a seatbelt while driving 80 on a 45 mph lane, you have no one to blame but yourself if you're paralyzed.


what about parents who dive drunk with there kids and end up killing them in wrecks??


Driving drunk is against the law because it can harm others. It has nothing to do with are rights or freedoms. It matters not if I am wearing a seat belt or not, if I am drunk I am braking the law. Wearing the seat belt might save there lives might.. But still the freedom to choose to wear them should still be up to the person. (how does drunk driving have anything to do with if seat belts should be a personal choice or not.
Posted 8/17/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:


makix wrote:

Personally it shouldn't be a law because it goes against the survival of the fittest rule.

If you decide to be "badass" and not wear a seatbelt while driving 80 on a 45 mph lane, you have no one to blame but yourself if you're paralyzed.


what about parents who dive drunk with there kids and end up killing them in wrecks??


Driving drunk is against the law because it can harm others. It has nothing to do with are rights or freedoms. It matters not if I am wearing a seat belt or not, if I am drunk I am braking the law. Wearing the seat belt might save there lives might.. But still the freedom to choose to wear them should still be up to the person. (how does drunk driving have anything to do with if seat belts should be a personal choice or not.


i know what you mean dark but i had friends that died because there father got drunk loaded them up and well u figure out the rest etc it just hits a personal string me also i rode with a drunk guy once when i was 10 and i could not wear one becuse he would not let me, i am lucky that i am alive and sill here lol
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 8/17/09
Isn't it the same on an airplane when that seatbelt light comes on? It is pretty damn stupid cause if the plane crash you going to die with our without the seatbelt. Maybe like a 0.1% chance of survival.
Posted 8/17/09
Seat-belt law is partially an excuse for officers to determine if the driver is something up his sleeves.
The first thing they do is ask for your driver's license and vehicle registration.
Then, they run it up in their computer. Why?
To know if the driver has a record showing that he/she is actually violating his/her probations, or worse, running from the law.

However, there are times an officer will have a suspicion on why the driver is not wearing a seat-belt on the first place.
Is the driver hiding something? Anything illegal, lethal, or harmful?
Now, the officer decides whether to search the driver's car or not to.


Yesterday, I went to this site and I was looking at celebrity mugshots for fun.
Each picture has a brief description of what the celebrity did/what the officers found out and when was the arrest ever made.
There's this celebrity who was halted by officers for having an expired tag. Then, it says that the officer found out that the celebrity was carrying illegal firearms and drugs.




Seat-belt law is partially an excuse...

We're actually getting fine because of this law.
Let's face it. The [insert proper noun here] still wants our money and wants a profit out of it.
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 8/18/09
It does violate our right to choose, but it's something so trivial that it shouldn't really matter. If you're a die-hard American who will give your life to defend any and every freedom you have, no matter how small and pointless it is, then just don't wear one and dodge the cops. If you do get caught then sue the police department for your right to increase your risk of killing/injuring yourself and others.
Posted 8/18/09 , edited 8/18/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:
Driving drunk is against the law because it can harm others. It has nothing to do with are rights or freedoms. It matters not if I am wearing a seat belt or not, if I am drunk I am braking the law. Wearing the seat belt might save there lives might.. But still the freedom to choose to wear them should still be up to the person. (how does drunk driving have anything to do with if seat belts should be a personal choice or not.

Prove me that it doesn't harm others around you. You completely ignored my previous post, but you keep on blithering in your own bubble of "oh god...these seat belt laws are limiting us in our freedooooooooooom. So EVIL. It doesn't harm nobody but myself if I don't wear a seat-belt"

Wait...you can't prove it, because it's bullsh*t. Honestly, there's a limit of spreading bullsh*t even for crackpots like you.
26750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / California's Proj...
Offline
Posted 8/18/09 , edited 8/18/09
Wow, i've been seeing alot of really bad threads made by blind-to-the-obvious Smurfs.
Ok, Hey Kids, Lets Play a Game!
What Does the seatbelt, an invention to protect SAFETY, ensure SAFETY, and reaffirm SAFETY, have to do with freedom?

GeniusKid: GEEE I DON'T KNOW
AverageKid: Ab-so-lutely F*cking Nothing!

Ding!
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 8/18/09 , edited 8/18/09

ShroomInferno wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:
Driving drunk is against the law because it can harm others. It has nothing to do with are rights or freedoms. It matters not if I am wearing a seat belt or not, if I am drunk I am braking the law. Wearing the seat belt might save there lives might.. But still the freedom to choose to wear them should still be up to the person. (how does drunk driving have anything to do with if seat belts should be a personal choice or not.

Prove me that it doesn't harm others around you. You completely ignored my previous post, but you keep on blithering in your own bubble of "oh god...these seat belt laws are limiting us in our freedooooooooooom. So EVIL. It doesn't harm nobody but myself if I don't wear a seat-belt"

Wait...you can't prove it, because it's bullsh*t. Honestly, there's a limit of spreading bullsh*t even for crackpots like you.


'Yes little minded fool wanna call people names I have a huge vocabulary wanna keep it up you mite just find out how big.'

The point is its your right to wear a seat belt! Or not! The Law it self is against what is your right to choose. "That is all!"

If you can not handle the Idea a person has the right to risk won own life wen it does not effect the people around you directly than, If you do not get this then maby we should arrest people who drink Coffee, or Smoke because both are unhealthy and can cos you to die! Or put you in bad shape! So by your own illogical Ideal if it harms you and no one else than it should still be a law to stop it. Fuck are rights and freedoms, who needs them!

Wile we are at it we should go after people for Sky diving because that can kill you. Or eating fast food it is unhealthy and can lead to your death. Driving motorcycles because they do not have role bars, or Seat Belts. The seat belt law is just as ridiculous.



Posted 8/18/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:
'Yes little minded fool wanna call people names I have a huge vocabulary wanna keep it up you mite just find out how big.'

The point is its your right to wear a seat belt! Or not! The Law it self is against what is your right to choose. "That is all!"

If you can not handle the Idea a person has the right to risk won own life wen it does not effect the people around you directly than, If you do not get this then maby we should arrest people who drink Coffee, or Smoke because both are unhealthy and can cos you to die! Or put you in bad shape! So by your own illogical Ideal if it harms you and no one else than it should still be a law to stop it. Fuck are rights and freedoms, who needs them!

Wile we are at it we should go after people for Sky diving because that can kill you. Or eating fast food it is unhealthy and can lead to your death. Driving motorcycles because they do not have role bars, or Seat Belts. The seat belt law is just as ridiculous.





Re-read, and comprehend. I'm not going to reiterate how your argument is bullsh*t and a complete crackpot notion.
Posted 8/18/09 , edited 8/18/09
You people make me wonder sometimes...and not in a good way.

How is it tyrannical? Seat belts are supposed to be worn for a reason. They're doing it to protect you, how is it taking away any rights? It's the law.

Besides, who wants a ticket? Let alone dying for that matter.

Should probably lock this thread, but I'll keep it open to see if anyone can actually have an intelligent debate without going off topic and insulting each other. Which I doubt.

~Comments Deleted

Is it me, or are people ignoring what the heck I just said. Stay on topic. That's 1 warning.
733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Jendell
Offline
Posted 8/18/09 , edited 8/18/09
Nice job on your spelling and grammar

Are you sure you're not Obama's speech writer?

In short, it saves lives.
28 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 8/18/09
I think laws on seat belts should be enforced. i dont want to get stuck in traffic one day because some idiot flew out his windshield and landed on the road.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 8/18/09 , edited 8/18/09

TannerB wrote:

Nice job on your spelling and grammar

Are you sure you're not Obama's speech writer?

In short, it saves lives.


'So in short we should outlaw Sky Diving because it can kill you.'
Or Coffee because its very harmful to the body?
Seat belt saves lives, that alone is why people would wear them but still seat belt laws are not right, people should not be forced to wear them, that is the right of the person to choose. Anyhow seat belts do not stop people from crashing.


I have a family member who died 5 years ago because the seat belt Snapped his neck, wen he hit a patch of ice and hit a ditch. So saying seat belts save life, they also can take them, I have seen many cases wear the seat belt was what killed the person. The Only reason for a seat belt law is to make money off it. not wear seat belts do not kill people, reckless driving does.

733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Jendell
Offline
Posted 8/18/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


TannerB wrote:

Nice job on your spelling and grammar

Are you sure you're not Obama's speech writer?

In short, it saves lives.


'So in short we should outlaw Sky Diving because it can kill you.'
Or Coffee because its very harmful to the body?
Seat belt saves lives, that alone is why people would wear them but still seat belt laws are not right, people should not be forced to wear them, that is the right of the person to choose. Anyhow seat belts do not stop people from crashing.


I have a family member who died 5 years ago because the seat belt Snapped his neck, wen he hit a patch of ice and hit a ditch. So saying seat belts save life, they also can take them, I have seen many cases wear the seat belt was what killed the person. The Only reason for a seat belt law is to make money off it. not wear seat belts do not kill people, reckless driving does.



It can take them, RARELY

And actually, death in car accidents occur much more than death by skydiving or death by coffee. Many lives were saved in car crashes due to seat belts. The fatality rate due to seat belts is highly low.
4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 8/19/09 , edited 8/19/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

Seat-belt laws! Is it against are freedom as American citizens?


How I see it the Seat-Belt Law is a tyrannical laws forcing us into doing something that does not harm others. What rights do they have to force a person to where a seat-belt.
At that I can understand having a seat-belt law for kids under the age of lets say 13 or so. But after that it should be up to the person driving if he she wants to wear a seat-belt, and same for the kids (unless mother tells them to.)
I think the seat belt law is just evidence that Government had gotten to big and is now forcing there Ideals of the American Public. Wen In-fact America was made on the bases people put there will on the government not the other way around.
'The government does not have the right to control are everyday lives wen we are not harming other people. This goes agents are freedoms as American citizens.


i get what your saying, but lets be real for a moment, the masses are not the smartest fish in the sea. The government has to trapple over some of thier freedoms because the masses simply dont know ne better. This is where the electoral college comes in to play. It was created to back up Americans in case they choose the wrong president.

same thing with the seat belt laws, back up so the masses dont do ne thing stupid.its a sad and cold truth, but it works that way in every country.and the whole idea behind the people keeping thier government in check is false also.The government ALWAYS controls its people. whether it be with symbols/ideas/religion/force/ or other people.U cant have a functional government with the masses running things.

The government needs to have a few elites controlling the huge number of masses, it works this way in every government in the world. The few and powerful control the weak and many.Thus this is where silly laws that violate our freedom come into play. They r just a way for the government to control its people, because the government "knows whats best".Though this is based on the Elitists thoery, it makes sense when u research it deeper. peace over war
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.