Post Reply Have a question?
Member
1946 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 8/21/09 , edited 8/21/09
If you guys have any question about cars, just ask. If I can't answer it, I'll push you into a direction that can.

Everyone else is free to answer questions too.
Member
1791 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / F / Center of the earth
Offline
Posted 8/23/09
Waaw thats really vgood topic revolutionofone, and thank you i guess it will being so helpful in cars world for our cars lovers group too.
Member
1946 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 9/4/09
No questions at all guys?
Member
2352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Under the hood, f...
Offline
Posted 9/10/09

revolutionofone wrote:

No questions at all guys?




Question: Modern engine versus classic engine. I'm stuck between swapping in a mordern engine in my Datsun 510, or modifying the original engine, and possible modernizing it. What would it take to convert a carburated car to fuel injection? or Individual throttle bodies? ECU, sensors, etc????? Just asking what people think
Member
1946 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 9/11/09

Jorge-san wrote:


revolutionofone wrote:

No questions at all guys?




Question: Modern engine versus classic engine. I'm stuck between swapping in a mordern engine in my Datsun 510, or modifying the original engine, and possible modernizing it. What would it take to convert a carburated car to fuel injection? or Individual throttle bodies? ECU, sensors, etc????? Just asking what people think


To go from carb to FI, you will most likely need/need to
-New intake manifold
-Modify the fuel pump system (updating to a F.I. system)
-Install a fuel rail
-Modify wiring harness
-Possibly need a new ECU or modify the old one

Same predicament with ITBs.


Swapping for a modern vs. keeping the classic

Classic
Pros:
Keeps the original engine
Cons:
Parts hard to source/costlier to repair
Outdated technology
Lower power output and powerband

Modern
Pros:
Newer technology
Parts easier to source/cheaper to repair
Cons:
Requires custom fabrication to fit
Requires custom harness
May require a custom header to fit
Still have to modify fuel system to accommodate F.I.
Member
34 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Cebu
Offline
Posted 8/26/10
Can you please help me choose which car is better to buy?

i am into space, speed and look.

Honda CRV
Hyundai Tucson
Toyota RAV 4

and if you can also suggest a car of the same category...

Member
1946 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 8/26/10

dstriker wrote:

Can you please help me choose which car is better to buy?

i am into space, speed and look.

Honda CRV
Hyundai Tucson
Toyota RAV 4

and if you can also suggest a car of the same category...



Could you specify your price range? That would greatly help.
Member
34 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Cebu
Offline
Posted 8/27/10

revolutionofone wrote:


dstriker wrote:

Can you please help me choose which car is better to buy?

i am into space, speed and look.

Honda CRV
Hyundai Tucson
Toyota RAV 4

and if you can also suggest a car of the same category...



Could you specify your price range? That would greatly help.


around $23000 to $25000...
You must be logged in to post.