First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Inside the mind of a Martyr
10652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Indonesia Raya
Offline
Posted 8/27/09 , edited 8/31/09

azera wrote:

Why did almost all the Seraph thread are always fill with Israel/Palestine post lol?


It's funny you mention it, because he is the one who twisted the topic to Israel and Palestine again. How many times he did it?
I was off for awhile, and just sigh........ of how many biased thread like this. From related to not related posts against Palestinian people.


10652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Indonesia Raya
Offline
Posted 8/27/09

SeraphAlford wrote:



As the view in our belief, suicide bomber had not been approved by from what Prophet was teach to his follower. After all, on that era, there was no technology to do such thing ~lol.

Indeed, in the teaching, we had been taught to defend ourselves in war, struggle to fight against our enemy and sacrifice yourself to gain victory for your army. However, in combat we did not allowed to destroy anything, either is building or Mother Earth (plant, ground... etc) as stated in Qur'an. It's clear that suicide bomber caused many of innocent lives lost and damaged the building as well.
Because of this, any suicide bomber is not allowed. In addition, we've been forbid to kill ourselves (suicide) by all means. So, in my opinion, those suicide bomber took wrong concept, did their suicide as 'martyr' (which is I think non-sense) and do not fight to defend their people (killed innocent lives)

In this context what we have to sacrifice (in the past) is to infiltrate enemy's base and kill their commander/leader. Of course, the guard will noticed the ruckus, surround the culprit so he don't have any way to escape. The culprit's intention is to kill the commander and he knew he will be discovered and thus will be killed as a Martyr. The loss of enemy's commander will cause huge turn in upcoming war. That's why his sacrifice being praised to bring the victory.

In battlefield (in the past), sacrifice is just simple. Spur your horse to the center of enemy and kill as many enemy as you can, it will break the formation in enemy's forces that, of course, will bring advantage to our forces to advance.
Or, simply being a spy in enemy's forces to caused ruckus or kill the commander in battlefield to decrease the moral of enemy's forces. We know, the one who did it (who became a spy to killed the commander will be killed immediately as he is in the middle of enemy) would be said as a Martyr who sacrificed himself.

That's the true definition of Martyr, sadly the people took it wrongly because of the urge to attack their enemy and defend thier people that lead to cause more harm from both sides, civilian (In Gaza).

10652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Indonesia Raya
Offline
Posted 8/27/09

ShroomInferno wrote:


SeraphAlford wrote:
Wow, I’m just used to people badgering and telling me that I’m a Zionist liar who talks too much about Israel and Palestine. I'm glad you like my threads, though I don't know I'd call myself a pearl. lol.


Yeah, I realised that much. I notice how "You're just a dumb American who's being brain-washed by the western media" is being used non-stop, when in fact, most media concerning the IsraelVSPalestine conflict always nicely depict how bad the Palestinians' lives are. At least..that's what it looks like in Europe, and the rest of the world probably, too.

Well, I wouldn't say that you're a Zionist. I consider you to be one of the most moderate debaters in this forum when it comes to this subject. At least you're trying to view the situation from both sides, and research accordingly. And your opinions also evolve..quite contrarily to others who seem to be still stuck with the same notions they had two years ago. I've long given up putting any effort into my posts when it comes to this forum...so I'm always amazed to see how actively you're informing and explaining to users what is going on in this world and all that in spite of the constant kvetching of a few individuals.

Kudos to that.


It's really funny when he always being biasad against Palestine and posts how bad the damage to Israel citizens, while he did not look the harm not only to Palestinian but also to foreigner. And it's really raise tension when he made topic about who has the right of the border... etc.
That's not what we called seek peace, that's what we called bias and being brain-washed

http://palsolidarity.org/2009/03/5324
Look also the video and related media
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Online
Posted 8/27/09

Ryutai-Desk wrote:


azera wrote:

Why did almost all the Seraph thread are always fill with Israel/Palestine post lol?


It's funny you mention it, because he is the one who twisted the topic to Israel and Palestine again. How many times he did it?
I was off for awhile, and just sigh......... of how many biased thread like this. From related to not related posts against Palestinian people.




He didn't twist it here... it came up because (mainly myself) some were talking about Palestinian suicide bombers and Islamic terrorism. Seraph is one of the most intelligent (if not the most) people in the ED section of the forum. He doesn't seek to passionately argue for Israel all the time.
10652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Indonesia Raya
Offline
Posted 8/27/09

digs wrote:


Ryutai-Desk wrote:


azera wrote:

Why did almost all the Seraph thread are always fill with Israel/Palestine post lol?


It's funny you mention it, because he is the one who twisted the topic to Israel and Palestine again. How many times he did it?
I was off for awhile, and just sigh......... of how many biased thread like this. From related to not related posts against Palestinian people.




He didn't twist it here... it came up because (mainly myself) some were talking about Palestinian suicide bombers and Islamic terrorism. Seraph is one of the most intelligent (if not the most) people in the ED section of the forum. He doesn't seek to passionately argue for Israel all the time.


Most intelligent? How do you came up with that? What always see is the topic attacking Palestine people(border) and creates false prejudice about belief, like this one.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Online
Posted 8/27/09 , edited 8/27/09

digs wrote:


Ryutai-Desk wrote:


azera wrote:

Why did almost all the Seraph thread are always fill with Israel/Palestine post lol?


It's funny you mention it, because he is the one who twisted the topic to Israel and Palestine again. How many times he did it?
I was off for awhile, and just sigh......... of how many biased thread like this. From related to not related posts against Palestinian people.




He didn't twist it here... it came up because (mainly myself) some were talking about Palestinian suicide bombers and Islamic terrorism. Seraph is one of the most intelligent (if not the most) people in the ED section of the forum. He doesn't seek to passionately argue for Israel all the time.


Seraph isn't biased against Palestinians... both him and myself view the settlements in the West Bank and bad policy and presenters of peace. We both seek what's best for the Palestinians, we just don't support terrorism and have a blind hatred for Israel.
Openmindedness and research on the issue will show that both are at fault, but that Palestine is the aggressor and the Arab world is a manipulator. The oil sheiks hate Israel because of religion/racism, and they empose embargoes on nations that support Israel. The Middle East is a prime example of racism that the world takes a blind eye too. And I believe he is one of the most intelligent because he seems to not let his bias' get in the way of truth. He looks at both sides and makes a decision based on the facts. Heck I learn a lot from him as well and have changed my stance a time or two based on some of the facts he has shown in threads. I think we should stop this discussion, it's off topic and unnecessary for the thread.
Posted 8/27/09 , edited 8/27/09

Ryutai-Desk wrote:
It's really funny when he always being biasad against Palestine and posts how bad the damage to Israel citizens, while he did not look the harm not only to Palestinian but also to foreigner. And it's really raise tension when he made topic about who has the right of the border... etc.


Ah..you don't really seem to be in possession of a lot of reading comprehension, eh? First you say that he twisted this subject into a IsraelXPalestine subject..when he wasn't even the one who brought it up. Go blame Digs, and Drizza for that one.
Secondly, I would say that this forum has more anti-Israel posters than pro-Israel posters. Yeah...so having one person on here who's actually taking the time to show you that you're not always right, and that the PalestineXIsrael subject isn't just a one-sided thing, where only the Palestinians suffer is quite clearly not a bias but a fact. So...what were you trying to get across again? That you're biased against Israel? Well, miracle...we already know about that.


That's not what we called seek peace, that's what we called bias and being brain-washed

Yeah? Really? I've got the impression that you're talking about yourself here.

http://palsolidarity.org/2009/03/5324
Look also the video and related media

Okay, will do.

On a sidenote: Are you siding with the Palestinians because you're a Muslim, or because they're lost in the middle of a war between two big brothers clashing against each others?

Edit: considering that the anti-Israel forum folks in this forum section largely outnumber the moderate and pro-israel ones I might eventually become active again in these kind of topics to even it out a little...though Uni is starting soon so I'm not sure...if I'll have the time, or even the motivation for it. D: It's people like you who've made me stop partaking in any threads related to Islam/Palestine/Israel topics, because no matter how many times you reiterate facts, they keep on ignoring it and keep on blithering in their bubble of ignorance and prejudice.
10652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Indonesia Raya
Offline
Posted 8/27/09

digs wrote:


digs wrote:


He didn't twist it here... it came up because (mainly myself) some were talking about Palestinian suicide bombers and Islamic terrorism. Seraph is one of the most intelligent (if not the most) people in the ED section of the forum. He doesn't seek to passionately argue for Israel all the time.


Seraph isn't biased against Palestinians... both him and myself view the settlements in the West Bank and bad policy and presenters of peace. We both seek what's best for the Palestinians, we just don't support terrorism and have a blind hatred for Israel.

Openmindedness and research on the issue will show that both are at fault, but that Palestine is the aggressor and the Arab world is a manipulator. The oil sheiks hate Israel because of religion/racism, and they empose embargoes on nations that support Israel. The Middle East is a prime example of racism that the world takes a blind eye too. And I believe he is one of the most intelligent because he seems to not let his bias' get in the way of truth. He looks at both sides and makes a decision based on the facts. Heck I learn a lot from him as well and have changed my stance a time or two based on some of the facts he has shown in threads. I think we should stop this discussion, it's off topic and unnecessary for the thread.


See the first page of this thread and those ridiculous links. It's clear he tries to seek false of Palestine side. And that's not related to the topic.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Online
Posted 8/27/09

Ryutai-Desk wrote:


digs wrote:


digs wrote:


He didn't twist it here... it came up because (mainly myself) some were talking about Palestinian suicide bombers and Islamic terrorism. Seraph is one of the most intelligent (if not the most) people in the ED section of the forum. He doesn't seek to passionately argue for Israel all the time.


Seraph isn't biased against Palestinians... both him and myself view the settlements in the West Bank and bad policy and presenters of peace. We both seek what's best for the Palestinians, we just don't support terrorism and have a blind hatred for Israel.

Openmindedness and research on the issue will show that both are at fault, but that Palestine is the aggressor and the Arab world is a manipulator. The oil sheiks hate Israel because of religion/racism, and they empose embargoes on nations that support Israel. The Middle East is a prime example of racism that the world takes a blind eye too. And I believe he is one of the most intelligent because he seems to not let his bias' get in the way of truth. He looks at both sides and makes a decision based on the facts. Heck I learn a lot from him as well and have changed my stance a time or two based on some of the facts he has shown in threads. I think we should stop this discussion, it's off topic and unnecessary for the thread.


See the first page of this thread and those ridiculous links. It's clear he tries to seek false of Palestine side. And that's not related to the topic.


The sites show the truth though... everything critical of Palestine isn't anti-Palestinians. Much like how everything criticizing Israel isn't anti-Semitic. The sites don't lie, so I don't see where the problem is. Exposing truth that may support Israel and show Palestinian terrorism isn't a bad thing.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/27/09

ShroomInferno wrote:

Yeah, I realised that much. I notice how "You're just a dumb American who's being brain-washed by the western media" is being used non-stop, when in fact, most media concerning the IsraelVSPalestine conflict always nicely depict how bad the Palestinians' lives are. At least..that's what it looks like in Europe, and the rest of the world probably, too.

Well, I wouldn't say that you're a Zionist. I consider you to be one of the most moderate debaters in this forum when it comes to this subject. At least you're trying to view the situation from both sides, and research accordingly. And your opinions also evolve..quite contrarily to others who seem to be still stuck with the same notions they had two years ago. I've long given up putting any effort into my posts when it comes to this forum...so I'm always amazed to see how actively you're informing and explaining to users what is going on in this world and all that in spite of the constant kvetching of a few individuals.

Kudos to that.


Oh, you! You’re making me blush. Come now, I think my egos inflated enough as it is. You’re very right, my opinions do evolve and I really try to view it from both sides. When I got here I was very conservative, and since I’ve become increasingly liberal. Anyway, glad you like it. Any comments on the cases? And I'm not a Zionist because to be a Zionist you have to respect ancestral claims and I think those are irrelevant.
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 8/27/09
I dont know why Shroom cant just keep my name out of his/her damn mouth almost as if he/she is trolling me. Anyways like I said there is two sides to this issue just because one side claims something to be absolute truth it can be false. I seen issues Seraph raises defeated in my research and it is probably vice versa to mine as well what he researches. Anyways I agree with Ryotai there is always an Israel bias on many of the topics Seraph brings up when it concerns Pal/Israel. I understand where it comes from and I take it as a grain of salt. I dont know it is just me I watch many debates, do a lot of research on this issue, watch people who speak for Palestine get forcefully silence so it is hard for me to grasp anything when someone tries to prove Israel view because I just see it as politics as usual.
10652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Indonesia Raya
Offline
Posted 8/27/09

ShroomInferno wrote:

Ah..you don't really seem to be in possession of a lot of reading comprehension, eh? First you say that he twisted this subject into a IsraelXPalestine subject..when he wasn't even the one who brought it up. Go blame Digs, and Drizza for that one.


Yes, maybe he wasn't the one who brought this. But he posts numerous links about how bad is Palestine in first page. On what purpose he did that? Simply because of someone brought it? He could simply tell them not to brought them up as Yei already said that. Then why?


Secondly, I would say that this forum has more anti-Israel posters than pro-Israel posters. Yeah...so having one person on here who's actually taking the time to show you that you're not always right, and that the PalestineXIsrael subject isn't just a one-sided thing, where only the Palestinians suffer is quite clearly not a bias but a fact. So...what were you trying to get across again? That you're biased against Israel? Well, miracle...we already know about that.


Not, really. I already posted about how the Martyr define and how the sacrifice works. Suicide bomber is false, as because of the reasons I stated above if you read it.




That's not what we called seek peace, that's what we called bias and being brain-washed

Yeah? Really? I've got the impression that you're talking about yourself here.


watch the real truth from Israel soldier about how their operation in Gaza
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32mwLpkD8PM Interview

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8149464.stm << BBC report based on Israel's soldier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjEd4hJNVCE << the operation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acaU4D6dUqU << witness's testimony

I'm not being brainwashed of propaganda, I see the truth and tries to know the solution. What Seraph a posted in 1st page is not necessary, just caused prejudice and also what Drizza post in 2nd page. I know both sides are wrong, we all know. Then why Pro-Palestine and Pro-Israel posted some unnecessary links to support their side?

Either they being brainwashed or try to brainwash people. And I try not to take them like blind faith does. I always reference to actual situation as the links said.


On a sidenote: Are you siding with the Palestinians because you're a Muslim, or because they're lost in the middle of a war between two big brothers clashing against each others?


No, I against sides who always hurt each other. Both of them. And I also against Zionist . Nothing wrong with Jews, in fact I like Jews people more than Christian because our belief similar till some extend.

10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/27/09

Ryutai-Desk wrote:


azera wrote:

Why did almost all the Seraph thread are always fill with Israel/Palestine post lol?


It's funny you mention it, because he is the one who twisted the topic to Israel and Palestine again. How many times he did it?
I was off for awhile, and just sigh......... of how many biased thread like this. From related to not related posts against Palestinian people.




Actually, Yei was the one who turned to this topic. I was only talking about individuals. Yei’s the one who came in and said, “But you can apply that to the Palestinian people.” And really, I'm not the bias one.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Online
Posted 8/27/09 , edited 8/27/09
Lets not let this thread become an Israeli Palestinian thread. There is already one made for that and I apologize for bringing it up in the beginning... This is strictly about suicide bombers and not about Israel, Palestine, and the Arab world. Here is the thread for the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-377801/the-nation-of-israel-and-palestine/?pg=16#26880490.
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 8/27/09 , edited 8/27/09
^Well how can you seperate the two? Me others believe suicide bombing is the result of Israels treatment while some people believe it is because they are Jews. To be on topic do I have to agree with the notion that is because Palestinians have nothing to do but hate jews all day while ignoring their treatment? That goes against what i have been studying and what others say as well.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.