First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Malaysia Bars Muslims from Black Eyed Peas Concert
26750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / California's Proj...
Offline
Posted 8/27/09
Woot, thats the right way to control your fans.
Posted 8/27/09
They suck anyway.

When I see that name only Wycleff wannabe's and a dumb brittany blonde comes to mind.
8117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 8/27/09
this is sharia seriously and it's ruining a great country called Malaysia , religion is ruining Malaysia someone needs to put an end to this
Posted 8/28/09

Yei wrote:
No, I mean how can they "bar" the Muslims from going? It says in the article that 60% are "legally" considered Muslim, so in Malaysia do you have to file what your current religion is with the government, so then anyone who is on the government's Muslim list can't attend?


Well, that's a good question. I presume that those who are officially Muslims are somewhere registered. I guess it starts with "buying the concert ticket"...it's most definitely at their own discretion..I guess most won't take the risk of being caught at lying about what their religion is.

Here is an extract of the article that should put some light into the issue:


The concert, part of celebrations of Guinness 250th birthday, asks on its website (www.arthursday.com.my) "Are you a non-Muslim aged 18 years and above?" and if the response is no, access is not allowed.



___________

Notes:
No Muslims at Malaysia Black Eyed Peas concert
http://www.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMolt/idUSTRE57Q06B20090827?feedType=RSS&feedName=lifestyleMolt
20924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 8/28/09

ZukoFireBook wrote:

this is sharia seriously and it's ruining a great country called Malaysia , religion is ruining Malaysia someone needs to put an end to this


Too bad, its already stated in its Constituition.
17197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 8/28/09
Well, I'm from Malaysia, and I'm a Muslim as well. They certainly don't want us to get involve with the concert, but I don't get it how are they going to know whether the Muslims are attending the concert. When they said,


Muslims cannot attend. Non-Muslims can go and have fun.


I said WTF, what about the concerts we've been attending before. I can quite understand why they don't want us to have fun at the concert though. Somehow I think it's Black Eyed Peas' faults.

I read the article posted by ShroomInferno and I saw they wrote this ;


Since 2007, PAS, the country's second largest political group measured by party membership, has campaigned against performances by the likes of Beyonce, Rihanna, Gwen Stefani and Avril Lavigne.


Yeah, I was quite dissapointed actually, the things really did happen in Malaysia. They against it because of the way their dressing, to think about it, they can be overdressed at certain times and might revealed their skin/body as well. Nah, I don't have any problem with that.
8117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 8/28/09

azera wrote:


ZukoFireBook wrote:

this is sharia seriously and it's ruining a great country called Malaysia , religion is ruining Malaysia someone needs to put an end to this


Too bad, its already stated in its Constituition.


umm what's constituition ? XD
2980 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / underwater with b...
Offline
Posted 8/28/09
uhhh. that's bad
1416 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Malaysia
Offline
Posted 8/29/09
well, that's Malaysia, where i born and live.
Posted 8/29/09 , edited 8/29/09

ZukoFireBook wrote:
umm what's constituition ? XD


Fundamental law; set of rules

Please, for more information regarding what exactly a constitution is about check out the following link:
Constitution
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution
4202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 8/29/09
eeh.... religion should never be involved with laws and the government
50794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 8/29/09
It doesn't make sense...what has religion got to do with going to a concert? Okay so it's kinda Black Eyed Peas fault, but it's just a concert and people don't even really pay attention to the sponsorship or whatever. You can't just ban people from going to a concert like that.
Will they ask everyone who is going to the concert what their religion is? Anyways, yeah that's all.
20924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 8/29/09 , edited 8/29/09

ZukoFireBook wrote:


azera wrote:


ZukoFireBook wrote:

this is sharia seriously and it's ruining a great country called Malaysia , religion is ruining Malaysia someone needs to put an end to this


Too bad, its already stated in its Constituition.


umm what's constituition ? XD


dunno need to, it seems that someone had just reply to u lol
20924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 8/29/09

ChrmdThree wrote:

It doesn't make sense...what has religion got to do with going to a concert? Okay so it's kinda Black Eyed Peas fault, but it's just a concert and people don't even really pay attention to the sponsorship or whatever. You can't just ban people from going to a concert like that.
Will they ask everyone who is going to the concert what their religion is? Anyways, yeah that's all.


The revealing outfit they wear and the sponsorship. The Conservative Muslims are concern about it.
50794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 8/29/09
Then the conservative muslims won't go. But not everyone's religious.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.