First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Should Japan ban Explicit Porn Games and Manga?
Posted 8/29/09 , edited 9/1/09
The United Nations' Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women/CEDAW(http://www.un.org/womenwatch/daw/cedaw/committee.htm) had issue a list of observation(http://www2.ohchr.org/english/bodies/cedaw/docs/co/CEDAW.C.JPN.CO.6.pdf) on Japan's sixth periodic report on sexual discrimination on August 7. On section 35 of that list, the CEDAW voiced their concern "at the normalization of sexual violence in the State party as reflected by the prevalence of pornographic video games and cartoons featuring rape, gang rape, stalking and the sexual molestation of women and girls." And on section 36, they strongly urged Japan "to ban the sale of video games or cartoons involving rape and sexual violence against women which normalize and promote sexual violence against women and girls."

Personally, I've seen just what exactly were those "pornographic video games and cartoons featuring rape, gang rape, stalking and the sexual molestation of women and girls" the CEDAW were referring to. And I can verify their claims on just how explicit those sexual contents can be, to the point that's discriminating to know the fact that you can gain access to those said contents worldwide unregulated, thanks to illegal file sharing of anime, manga and game via the internet.

Now fanatics of those contents around the world are advocating(http://fast.animenewsnetwork.com/cms/discuss/30375) their rights and freedom of expressing their explicit sexualities via these types of medium, while they're claiming that no real women nor children were hurt in the making of those contents because all the characters are fictional, virtual representations of women and children. To me, they're just as indecent as the rest of the Japanese legislators who downplayed rape crime in the Japanese Criminal Justice System(http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/sociology/rsw/undergrad/cetl/ejournal/issues/volume1issue1/gray/). Because while the fans of those mediums are contaminating themselves with the ideas of raping women and children, the industry who created those mediums are profiting off the ideas of raping women and children. And they're both normalizing the act of raping women and children, by supporting the idea of raping women and children is both satisfying and profitable, thereby it's justifiable as long as no real women and children got hurt. Even though there's no regulation of distributing those explicit contents on the internet, that can prevent real women and children from exposing themselves to the idealizing, profiting, downplaying, and advocating acts on the ideas of discriminating and contaminating women and children through rape. Accidental or otherwise.

Should Japan ban explicit porn games and manga, thus stop the normalization on the idea of raping women and children as an act in Japan? Discuss, now.

EDIT: A law that discriminate women and children is wrong, even when it allows legal exploitation of the idea of discriminating women and children through act of rape, into profits. For that's like saying the Japanese don't care about how their women nor children, as long as they can make money off their damaged thoughts and hurt feelings.

However, according to the poll's result so far. At least 2/3 of the CR users support the legal exploitation of the idea of discriminating women and children through act of rape, into profit. So unless the CR users who took the poll didn't get the point, then at least every 2 out of 3 CR users discriminate women and children. And that's a legalize majority in a democratic state.
17344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Crapsack World
Offline
Posted 8/29/09
Seriously Dom, you should tone down your moral crusade in the internet since that people don't really care. You should focus your energy in organizing an activist group and let your voice be heard.

By the way, remove the poll so that this thread will remain in the extended discussion.
Posted 8/29/09 , edited 8/29/09

Maou068 wrote:

Seriously Dom, you should tone down your moral crusade in the internet since that people don't really care. You should focus your energy in organizing an activist group and let your voice be heard.

By the way, remove the poll so that this thread will remain in the extended discussion.
Nope, I say the poll should stay for those who want to express their views on the topic, but don't wish to be identified. Because I know just how sensitive some people can get, when it comes to morality on the internet.

And relax, man! It's not like I'm doing anything different than those who advocate the idea of raping women and children as an act. When all I'm doing is voicing my humanitarian value of decency and morality over the internet, just like they're voicing their opinions on their explicit sexualities. It's my opinions and if you don't like it, well tough.

BTW, there's reason for the "weeaboo impaired self-image" option available on the poll. When you don't care about morality on the internet.
13136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Europe
Offline
Posted 8/29/09

DomFortress wrote:


And relax, man! It's not like I'm doing anything different than those who advocate the idea of raping women and children as an act. When all I'm doing is voicing my humanitarian value of decency and morality over the internet, just like they're voicing their opinions on their explicit sexualities. It's my opinions and if you don't like it, well tough.

BTW, there's reason for the "weeaboo impaired self-image" option available on the pull. When you don't care about morality on the internet.


Sorry to break this through you; polls are supposed to be in the polls section. Which means, not in the Extended section. I'll be honest; the Polls section's full with trollers and spammers, who don't know proper English. Thus; this poll is pointless >;)
17344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Crapsack World
Offline
Posted 8/29/09

DomFortress wrote:


Maou068 wrote:

Seriously Dom, you should tone down your moral crusade in the internet since that people don't really care. You should focus your energy in organizing an activist group and let your voice be heard.

By the way, remove the poll so that this thread will remain in the extended discussion.
Nope, I say the pull should stay for those who want to express their views on the topic, but don't wish to be identified.

And relax, man! It's not like I'm doing anything different than those who advocate the idea of raping women and children as an act. When all I'm doing is voicing my humanitarian value of decency and morality over the internet, just like they're voicing their opinions on their explicit sexualities. It's my opinions and if you don't like it, well tough.


Well, everybody is entitled to voice their own opinions and I respect yours.. I'm not saying that I don't like your opinion, in fact, I hate the idea of sexual offenders running loose in the street but the thing is... who am I to judge the Japanese society?
Posted 8/29/09 , edited 8/29/09

Baka-God wrote:Sorry to break this through you; polls are supposed to be in the polls section. Which means, not in the Extended section. I'll be honest; the Polls section's full with trollers and spammers, who don't know proper English. Thus; this poll is pointless >;)
Well the option of creating a poll in the Extended Discussion Forum is right there(http://www.crunchyroll.com/newpoll?fcid=16). So unless there's a good reason for CR forum administration to change that system, I can't see why not to use that function for a perfectly legitimate reason.


Maou068 wrote:Well, everybody is entitled to voice their own opinions and I respect yours.. I'm not saying that I don't like your opinion, in fact, I hate the idea of sexual offenders running loose in the street but the thing is... who am I to judge the Japanese society?
There are Japanese women and children being taught to just take the sexual abuses, by the very Japanese legislation that downplay on rape crime(http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-553524/japanese-legislation-downplay-on-rape/); a system that's supposed to serve the greater good by protecting the Japanese citizens' livelihood.

I guess that makes you an individual who won't change the status quote by challenging the legislation?
17344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Crapsack World
Offline
Posted 8/29/09

DomFortress wrote:


Maou068 wrote:Well, everybody is entitled to voice their own opinions and I respect yours.. I'm not saying that I don't like your opinion, in fact, I hate the idea of sexual offenders running loose in the street but the thing is... who am I to judge the Japanese society?
There are Japanese women and children being taught to just take the sexual abuses, by the very Japanese legislation that downplay on rape crime(http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-553524/japanese-legislation-downplay-on-rape/); a system that's supposed to serve the greater good by protecting the Japanese citizens' livelihood.

I guess that makes you an individual who won't change the status quote by challenging the legislation?


I only challenge both foreign and domestic government when it comes to threatening our own interest or if they threaten the very existence of my country. Moreover, I don't think that we are in position to criticize foreign governments when we barely solve our own domestic problems.
Posted 8/29/09

Maou068 wrote:I only challenge both foreign and domestic government when it comes to threatening our own interest or if they threaten the very existence of my country. Moreover, I don't think that we are in position to criticize foreign governments when we barely solve our own domestic problems.
Is no wonder that Japan became such an isolated country, when the majority of the Japanese populace share the same mentality just like yours. Of course, I'm not saying you're Japanese at all. However you do display the same behaviors as they do, when you don't criticize their society nor policy. After all, to "criticize" is simply "to consider the merits and demerits of and judge accordingly" and when you refuse to do so, is the same as saying you don't care.

So why should people like you voice their opinions at all, when your "not caring" attitude contradicts your very act of voicing your opinion, thus makes you insignificant? Do you or do you not like the idea of raping women and children as an act, yes or no? And if so, why? Could it be that you like to discriminate women and children through the act of raping them? Which is why you felt threaten by your very interest, when CEDAW urges the state of Japan to stop their discrimination of Japanese women and children, by banning the selling of the idea of raping women and children as an act? After all, you're not a Japanese citizen. And according to you, you'll only challenge a system, be it domestic or foreign, when it threaten your own interests. So why can't women and children, also those who value their interest on their safety and well being, do the same by being critical about Japan, with a state that allow discrimination of Japanese women and children, through the act of selling the idea of raping women and children as an act?

Or do you just don't like morality on the internet? If so, the "weeaboo" option is here for you.
61516 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / Sore wa himitsu d...
Offline
Posted 8/29/09
OK, just so you know, I'm going to respond to this point for point.


Baka-God wrote:


DomFortress wrote:

And relax, man! It's not like I'm doing anything different than those who advocate the idea of raping women and children as an act. When all I'm doing is voicing my humanitarian value of decency and morality over the internet, just like they're voicing their opinions on their explicit sexualities. It's my opinions and if you don't like it, well tough.

BTW, there's reason for the "weeaboo impaired self-image" option available on the pull. When you don't care about morality on the internet.


Sorry to break this through you; polls are supposed to be in the polls section. Which means, not in the Extended section. I'll be honest; the Polls section's full with trollers and spammers, who don't know proper English. Thus; this poll is pointless >;)


A) I do agree with expressing ones opinions, that's a fact.
B) I'm not so sure about the reason for the third option being there. What I mean is, there's a difference between apathy and being an idiot on the internet. But that third option in the poll suggests that if you don't care, your just an idiot on the internet.
C) I do agree with Polls going in the Polls section. And while I don't believe all threads in the Polls section are pointless (otherwise why would I be posting in one?). I 'am' wondering is Dom here is one of these Trolls...


DomFortress wrote:


Maou068 wrote:I only challenge both foreign and domestic government when it comes to threatening our own interest or if they threaten the very existence of my country. Moreover, I don't think that we are in position to criticize foreign governments when we barely solve our own domestic problems.
Is no wonder that Japan became such an isolated country, when the majority of the Japanese populace share the same mentality just like yours. Of course, I'm not saying you're Japanese at all. However you do display the same behaviors as they do, when you don't criticize their society nor policy. After all, to "criticize" is simply "to consider the merits and demerits of and judge accordingly" and when you refuse to do so, is the same as saying you don't care.

So why should people like you voice their opinions at all, when your "not caring" attitude contradicts your very act of voicing your opinion, thus makes you insignificant? Do you or do you not like the idea of raping women and children as an act, yes or no? And if so, why? Could it be that you like to discriminate women and children through the act of raping them? Which is why you felt threaten by your very interest, when CEDAW urges the state of Japan to stop their discrimination of Japanese women and children, by banning the selling of the idea of raping women and children as an act? After all, you're not a Japanese citizen. And according to you, you'll only challenge a system, be it domestic or foreign, when it threaten your own interests. So why can't women and children, also those who value their interest on their safety and well being, do the same by being critical about Japan, with a state that allow discrimination of Japanese women and children, through the act of selling the idea of raping women and children as an act?

Or do you just don't like morality on the internet? If so, the "weeaboo" option is here for you.


Dude, there's just so many things I can say about that right now...

First of all, "not caring" is indeed an opinion. And one that is just as deserving of being expressed as caring one way or the other.

Second, you seem to assume that if A is true, then B is always true. And in this case A is "Being against the banning of explicit video games" and B is "Is for the continued subjugation of Women's rights". But no, this is not always the case.

For example, while I'm against the idea of raping women and children in real life (heck if I saw you in real life, I'd probably stay as far away from you as possible out of fear of getting raped. That's how bad it is for me!) I'm also against censorship of any kind. Why? The banning of a material such as a book or a game that promotes and idea won't really ban the idea itself. But for some reason, people never really seem to get that idea.

And as mentioned elsewhere in the thread, if a legally made game can be spread though illegal methods, so can illegally made games. What we've got here is a information arms race; a never ending cycle of censorship and hacking.

"If you can't find someone to open a locked and bolted door for you, put a sign on it saying: Danger! Do Not Open Ever! It'll be open within five minutes. Isn't human nature wonderful!" - Terry Pratchett (paraphrased)

Except in this case the locked and bolted door is a figurative expression of any one individual or a governments attempts at censoring ideas and legislating morality, and America's Prohibition Era can prove how well 'that' worked against alcoholism.

Also, if you say you're for the expression of others opinions at the very least, consider this "If we only believe in free expression for some, then we don't believe in it at all".
Posted 8/29/09

Shimoko wrote:OK, just so you know, I'm going to respond to this point for point.

Except in this case the locked and bolted door is a figurative expression of any one individual or a governments attempts at censoring ideas and legislating morality, and America's Prohibition Era can prove how well 'that' worked against alcoholism.

Also, if you say you're for the expression of others opinions at the very least, consider this "If we only believe in free expression for some, then we don't believe in it at all".
The keyword for CEDAW's argument of issuing their urge on Japan to ban the commercializing of such explicit medium, is the "normalizing" effect of such business on the Japanese populace. While the state of Japan still think that the ban warrens further research on the subject of sexual discrimination of such medium, never-mind the fact that by the very act of legally selling those said medium is what CEDAW is considered of being discriminating.

Now can we say that Japan is looking for excuse? Or do you still support the state of Japan for normalizing rape? Or you just simply weren't paying attention, hm?
13136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Europe
Offline
Posted 8/29/09 , edited 8/29/09

Shimoko wrote:

OK, just so you know, I'm going to respond to this point for point.


A) I do agree with expressing ones opinions, that's a fact.
B) I'm not so sure about the reason for the third option being there. What I mean is, there's a difference between apathy and being an idiot on the internet. But that third option in the poll suggests that if you don't care, your just an idiot on the internet.
C) I do agree with Polls going in the Polls section. And while I don't believe all threads in the Polls section are pointless (otherwise why would I be posting in one?). I 'am' wondering is Dom here is one of these Trolls...


I'll be straight. I was talking about polls section, and the people in there in general. And as you know, are there always exceptions. You're one of them. Also, I was merely stating that he shouldn't get his hope too high for mature responses like how you responded on this matter.

If you honestly think, or believe that the polls section here's not pointless, believe the way you want. There's nobody that will stop you from doing so. Nor do I think that I want you to do so. But, look at this;

Do you really think that this section is suited to have mature discussions about rape?

Posted 8/29/09 , edited 8/29/09
No.
People'll go crazy, and everything would make my head hurt.
Its wrong, but w/e, learn how to ignore it, and focus on your own life.
Posted 8/29/09

Baka-God wrote:I'll be straight. I was talking about polls section, and the people in there in general. And as you know, are there always exceptions. You're one of them. Also, I was merely stating that he shouldn't get his hope too high for mature responses like how you responded on this matter.

If you honestly think, or believe that the polls section here's not pointless, believe the way you want. There's nobody that will stop you from doing so. Nor do I think that I want you to do so. But, look at this;

Do you really think that this section is suited to have mature discussions about rape?

It's exactly why there's a reason for the "weeaboo" option. Now even weeaboo has a voice!


Nerdy-azn wrote:No.
People'll go crazy, and everything would make my head hurt.
Its wrong, but w/e, learn how to ignore it, and focus on your own life.
So should young girls like yourself just learn to ignore the rest of the internet? Because remember:

there's no regulation of distributing those explicit contents on the internet, that can prevent real women and children from exposing themselves to the idealizing, profiting, downplaying, and advocating acts on the ideas of discriminating and contaminating women and children through rape.
Or don't tell me, you've never been exposed to those mediums yourself? Therefore you don't care as long as you're not the one who's been exposed to the idea of raping women and children as an act, even though you're being subjected to discrimination by such idea, due to your gender and your age?
8594 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/29/09
yes. of course
Posted 8/29/09 , edited 8/29/09

Fubura1992 wrote:

yes. of course
I'm sorry. but it's my fault that I was inconsistent with the poll question and the last question within my opening statement. So may I ask as to which one you were referring to?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.