First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Should Japan ban Explicit Porn Games and Manga?
5295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Pluto
Offline
Posted 8/30/09
yeah... to me using "smexii " as sexist then yeah its rude to us girls..
Posted 8/30/09

cookielover62 wrote:

yeah... to me using "smexii " as sexist then yeah its rude to us girls..
Well then whatever this guy is saying could be kinda rude to you:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTZxVATh2XE

I mean, just how retarded and bias does he thinks he is? When this is the best he can come up with for against the ban:http://fast.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=819928#819928

Personally, I would support the ban just so I can shut him up. But I know the banning of selling explicit sexual game and manga in Japan could do more good than that.
Posted 9/1/09 , edited 9/1/09
dom i know what your trying to say but i still don't support it not when it comes to fictional characters that are not real in any way shape or form. Take me for example I in now way shape or from condone rape in real life or the molestation of children since i was a victim of it growing up for 3 years of my life by an older friend. I was 10 and he was 15 but moving on i look at some of that material and even own some/ have downloaded some on to my computer. The thing is a ban like that will never stick in Japan because anime doujins/rape games are a big money industry and produce way to money for their economy I find it hardly or even unlikely that they would get rid of their big "cash crop". On a personal level i try to watch just some normal hentai or even extreme bondage but when it comes to a characters age a 20 year old can look 10 and vice versa it is aninmation after all, but i have never in my life even after what happened to me wanted to rape or molest any body because I do know that it is wrong and that i could not live with my self if I did do it. I do think that it's bad about the way the treat rape victims over in japan but the thing I can't do any thing about it the people of japan have to stand up and find a way to fix the problem own their own as cruel as that may sound but America can not solve every problem in world but when i do, hear about rape over in Japan or just rape cases it does make me sad.

Also this should make you happy
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-06-02/j-industry-group-agrees-on-rape-game-ban-on-tuesday
Posted 9/1/09 , edited 9/1/09
What's the different in rape games and rape porn. Is they gonna stop that to?
Posted 9/1/09

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:

dom i know what your trying to say but i still don't support it not when it comes to fictional characters that are not real in any way shape or form. Take me for example I in now way shape or from condone rape in real life or the molestation of children since i was a victim of it growing up for 3 years of my life by an older friend. I was 10 and he was 15 but moving on i look at some of that material and even own some/ have downloaded some on to my computer. The thing is a ban like that will never stick in Japan because anime doujins/rape games are a big money industry and produce way to money for their economy I find it hardly or even unlikely that they would get rid of their big "cash crop". On a personal level i try to watch just some normal hentai or even extreme bondage but when it comes to a characters age a 20 year old can look 10 and vice versa it is aninmation after all, but i have never in my life even after what happened to me wanted to rape or molest any body because I do know that it is wrong and that i could not live with my self if I did do it. I do think that it's bad about the way the treat rape victims over in japan but the thing I can't do any thing about it the people of japan have to stand up and find a way to fix the problem own their own as cruel as that may sound but America can not solve every problem in world but when i do, hear about rape over in Japan or just rape cases it does make me sad.

Also this should make you happy
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-06-02/j-industry-group-agrees-on-rape-game-ban-on-tuesday
What's really sad is the fact that you decided to not doing anything at all, not even by acknowledging the issue that there's a lack of awareness on the general discrimination of Japanese women and children within their own society. And all because that you yourself could still be suffering from learned helplessness(http://www.flyfishingdevon.co.uk/salmon/year2/psy221depression/psy221depression.htm).

And that's just one game out of several others, and the fact is they're still normalizing the act of rape. By them still selling those explicit sexual mediums.
Posted 9/1/09
no!

it's part of their culture!!!!!!!

why should we even have a say!!!

stop butting in people
17060 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Dreamland
Offline
Posted 9/1/09
Nah..if they were to ban it, many of the manga and anime would lose its touch, if you get what i mean
Posted 9/1/09 , edited 9/1/09

hotarushuku wrote:

no!

it's part of their culture!!!!!!!

why should we even have a say!!!

stop butting in people
Even when it's a culture that is basically discriminating women and children due to their gender and age?

On your profile, you said that you want to promote global equality. So should the rest of the world be equaling with the Japanese culture of discriminating women and children? Or have you taken for granted the freedom that the second feminist movement had brought to you? When the Japanese women and children had never been so lucky.

And finally, please tell me one redeeming value of discriminating women and children due to their gender and age, thereby justifying the Japanese to keep that part of their "culture" intact. When you're still enjoying the freedom that feminism had brought to you.


Deltadestiny wrote:

Nah..if they were to ban it, many of the manga and anime would lose its touch, if you get what i mean
Not like the mediums that are being viewed by their fans are worth paying for, due to illegal file sharing on the internet. If you can catch my drift.
18422 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / butts
Offline
Posted 9/1/09
I'm not a boy, but I say NO. Wait... just kidding yes... ok great I have to change my answer to yes... My reason for saying no was supposed to be the Game Otakus will die... XD Just kidding... I don't know I just clicked no randomly. But if my answer was yes, to lessen the number of Hikkikomoris (or how do you spell it) that cease to exist in Japan. :0
Posted 9/1/09 , edited 9/1/09

bloodredapple wrote:

I'm not a boy, but I say NO. Wait... just kidding yes... ok great I have to change my answer to yes... My reason for saying no was supposed to be the Game Otakus will die... XD Just kidding... I don't know I just clicked no randomly. But if my answer was yes, to lessen the number of Hikkikomoris (or how do you spell it) that cease to exist in Japan. :0
I just want to tell you that even by banning the selling of these explicit sexual mediums, the mediums themselves and those people who like them won't just simply go away. However this will make the Japanese people to realize that there are real social problems within their society, and that's when the healing can begin. Instead of having the Japanese legislation legally discriminate the Japanese women and children, by having a rape myth standard in their Japanese criminal justice system that downplays on rape crime(http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-553524/japanese-legislation-downplay-on-rape/). When the laws of the people are suppose to serve the greater goods of the people, by protecting what's to be respected by the people as redeeming human values.

A law that discriminate women and children is wrong, even when it allows legal exploitation of the idea of discriminating women and children through act of rape, into profits. For that's like saying the Japanese don't care about how their women nor children, as long as they can make money off their damaged thoughts and hurt feelings.
2121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Usa
Offline
Posted 9/1/09 , edited 9/1/09
Hellz no, u know talk a lot of crap all but ur really doing is forcing ur own opinion down others throats and insulting all those who who dont agree with u.
1032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / europe
Offline
Posted 9/1/09

hotarushuku wrote:

no!

it's part of their culture!!!!!!!

why should we even have a say!!!

stop butting in people


Playing porn gamez iz part of their culture ....
2179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / NW England
Offline
Posted 9/1/09
Wait, Dom, so are you saying that rape porn/anime/manga is so influential that if I inadvertantly stumbled upon some in my internet browsing, I would suddenly start salivating, run into town and molest every woman and child I could find? That's actually quite hysterical

I have to say though, and no offence, but this really screams sensationalist. Rape and discrimination is present in every single populated area on Earth, not just Japan. Whilst it is true that gender equality in Japan may not be up to the 'levels' that we have in the west, it is changing. It might not be a very fast change, but at the end of the day, when a people want something changed, they change it themselves. When outsiders come in and say "This, this and this is wrong, change it" it makes people want to fight back, regardless of what they wanted changed.

I know I will be accused of being a weeboo, or uncaring, or something along those lines, but it really does boil down to "Tend to your own garden before your neighbours". We have this really annoying habit in the west of thinking that our society, government and culture is superior to almost everyone else, and that they should stop their heathen ways and take up proper life practices. But I have never, ever come across anything so arrogant in my entire life.

It's like sensationalism with violent computer games. According to some, when a child plays a violent game they're more likely to go out and shoot up their shcool, or blow someone up etc, it's an absolutely batshit crazy idea that sadly more and more people believe. If someone was going to go shoot someone, they would do it regardless of what entertainment they chose to watch, for the simple reason that they were either not 'wired right' at birth or just a bit that way, not because they'd played Call of Duty or watched bloody Rocky 4!

So in closing, and say whatever you want mate, but absolutely no. You make it sound to the casual observer that Japan is this sexual abuse/molestation paradise, when nothing could be further from the truth. Sure they do have issues with it, but every country in the world does. Please remember that this is the internet, where many people (primarily young people) can have their opinions about places and people they know little about changed quite easily, and that sensationalist rants like this can end up creating more ignorance, which in all honesty the world seriously does not need any more of.
17 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F
Offline
Posted 9/1/09 , edited 9/1/09

quintus_fontane wrote:


So in closing, and say whatever you want mate, but absolutely no. You make it sound to the casual observer that Japan is this sexual abuse/molestation paradise, when nothing could be further from the truth. Sure they do have issues with it, but every country in the world does. Please remember that this is the internet, where many people (primarily young people) can have their opinions about places and people they know little about changed quite easily, and that sensationalist rants like this can end up creating more ignorance, which in all honesty the world seriously does not need any more of.


Bingo. The whole topic is driven by an hysterical moral agenda and will serve only to generate more of the same. I can't think of a single moral crusade ever undertaken, no matter how noble its premise, that found success by way of attempting to ban some perceived moral failure or sin. Not one. All politics is supremely local in that if you want to change the world you must begin with yourself and not try to persuade others of the nobility of your cause by way of censorship , because censorship in itself is primarily a show of desperation and weakness. Another poster correctly asked you to more effectively direct your energies to projects and groups directly associated with changing social attitudes and laws. Asking for a ban on abstract depictions of human violence of any sort is a fool's errand.
You don't cure a disease by trying to suppress its expression or merely treat its symptoms.
Posted 9/1/09

DomFortress wrote:


CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:

dom i know what your trying to say but i still don't support it not when it comes to fictional characters that are not real in any way shape or form. Take me for example I in now way shape or from condone rape in real life or the molestation of children since i was a victim of it growing up for 3 years of my life by an older friend. I was 10 and he was 15 but moving on i look at some of that material and even own some/ have downloaded some on to my computer. The thing is a ban like that will never stick in Japan because anime doujins/rape games are a big money industry and produce way to money for their economy I find it hardly or even unlikely that they would get rid of their big "cash crop". On a personal level i try to watch just some normal hentai or even extreme bondage but when it comes to a characters age a 20 year old can look 10 and vice versa it is aninmation after all, but i have never in my life even after what happened to me wanted to rape or molest any body because I do know that it is wrong and that i could not live with my self if I did do it. I do think that it's bad about the way the treat rape victims over in japan but the thing I can't do any thing about it the people of japan have to stand up and find a way to fix the problem own their own as cruel as that may sound but America can not solve every problem in world but when i do, hear about rape over in Japan or just rape cases it does make me sad.

Also this should make you happy
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-06-02/j-industry-group-agrees-on-rape-game-ban-on-tuesday
What's really sad is the fact that you decided to not doing anything at all, not even by acknowledging the issue that there's a lack of awareness on the general discrimination of Japanese women and children within their own society. And all because that you yourself could still be suffering from learned helplessness(http://www.flyfishingdevon.co.uk/salmon/year2/psy221depression/psy221depression.htm).

And that's just one game out of several others, and the fact is they're still normalizing the act of rape. By them still selling those explicit sexual mediums.


I do want to do something and it is sad that happens but sigh i have so many problems right now with my job, our house falling apart and so on. The only thing i choose to do is not to play those those games or avoid those doujins/animes.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.