First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Japanese Legislation Downplay on Rape
Posted 9/7/09

jecayuga wrote:wow, now i'm thinking twice.... because i would like to go to japan and live there ... but upon hearing this..
well.... hmmm
let's see...

though, i would like to be 'educated' with this thingy.. so as to created 'awareness' perhaps....
I don't even want to raise a family in Japan after what I've learned about the place, so I can't blame you for feeling that way.

And as per requested, here's the very NSFW(not safe for work) website due to its controversial materials: http://www.sankakucomplex.com/category/japan/
1778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / rock bottom
Offline
Posted 9/7/09

DomFortress wrote:


jecayuga wrote:wow, now i'm thinking twice.... because i would like to go to japan and live there ... but upon hearing this..
well.... hmmm
let's see...

though, i would like to be 'educated' with this thingy.. so as to created 'awareness' perhaps....
I don't even want to raise a family in Japan after what I've learned about the place, so I can't blame you for feeling that way.

And as per requested, here's the very NSFW(not safe for work) website due to its controversial materials: http://www.sankakucomplex.com/category/japan/


thanks for the info...
Posted 9/7/09

jecayuga wrote:thanks for the info...
Just looking out for your own interest, and you're welcome?
17958 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 9/7/09

jecayuga wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


jecayuga wrote:wow, now i'm thinking twice.... because i would like to go to japan and live there ... but upon hearing this..
well.... hmmm
let's see...

though, i would like to be 'educated' with this thingy.. so as to created 'awareness' perhaps....
I don't even want to raise a family in Japan after what I've learned about the place, so I can't blame you for feeling that way.

And as per requested, here's the very NSFW(not safe for work) website due to its controversial materials: http://www.sankakucomplex.com/category/japan/


thanks for the info...


I lived there for 8 years, I am White and my wife is from Japan. I never had any problems there nor, has my wife and her child hood friends. so its not as bad there as he trying to make it out to be. Hell its a lot safer there than it is in America, America has 12.8 times more crime rate than what Japan has. Don't forget policies in Japan differ from place to place, and how the community act are to different things.
Tokyo the legal age is 17 for females. wile there government policy is 13, that more used as a limit how low you can go, its up to the area to choose what the age of consent and the other laws and matters are for the area.

This is what he fails to understand about Japan.

Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
114
Offline
Posted 9/7/09

DomFortress wrote:


jecayuga wrote:woah?! so japanese women should really be careful then...hmmmm

and so its like perversion is somehow tolerated in that country....tsk tsk
I would refer you to a site that will show you just how perverted the Japanese allowed themselves to be. But I don't think you'll like it very much.


DomFortress wrote:

I don't even want to raise a family in Japan after what I've learned about the place, so I can't blame you for feeling that way.

And as per requested, here's the very NSFW(not safe for work) website due to its controversial materials: http://www.sankakucomplex.com/category/japan/


First of all, the whole country isn't perverted, don't generalize. Japan is a wonderful country with wonderful people, and there's perverted and crazy people in every country. And every country has flaws in it's justice system and society, but I'd say Japan is still far ahead of most other societies and would be a great place to raise a family. IMO it's one of the greatest countries in the world, the small amount of flaws it has are nothing compared to how much better it is, in a very unique way, than other societies.
Posted 9/7/09 , edited 9/7/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:I lived there for 8 years, I am White and my wife is from Japan. I never had any problems there nor, has my wife and her child hood friends. so its not as bad there as he trying to make it out to be. Hell its a lot safer there than it is in America, America has 12.8 times more crime rate than what Japan has. Don't forget policies in Japan differ from place to place, and how the community act are to different things.
Tokyo the legal age is 17 for females. wile there government policy is 13, that more used as a limit how low you can go, its up to the area to choose what the age of consent and the other laws and matters are for the area.

This is what he fails to understand about Japan.
I didn't failed at understanding anything. I'm just being very critical about despise what you claimed that Japan is safe, the country still managed to have a much higher suicide rate and many controversies with its policies. Not to mention its' the fact that you failed to acknowledge that the reason why Japan has a lower crime rate on rape is because their justice system downplayed on most rape cases as nothing more than civil disputes.


Yei wrote:First of all, the whole country isn't perverted, don't generalize. Japan is a wonderful country with wonderful people, and there's perverted and crazy people in every country. And every country has flaws in it's justice system and society, but I'd say Japan is still far ahead of most other societies and would be a great place to raise a family. IMO it's one of the greatest countries in the world, the small amount of flaws it has are nothing compared to how much better it is, in a very unique way, than other societies.
I couldn't generalize how I feel about having a family in Japan. When the Japanese government had to encourage their own people to get marry and have children, as if the whole Japanese populace had disregarded family values.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
114
Offline
Posted 9/7/09

DomFortress wrote:

I couldn't generalize how I feel about having a family in Japan. When the Japanese government had to encourage their own people to get marry and have children, as if the whole Japanese populace had disregarded family values.


What is that even supposed to mean? That Japanese people disregard family values, and that's why you wouldn't wanna have a family there?
Posted 9/7/09

Yei wrote:What is that even supposed to mean? That Japanese people disregard family values, and that's why you wouldn't wanna have a family there?
You got it. The Japanese standards and culture as a whole are causing the Japanese populace not want to start families nor have children. I think that's because the entire nation of Japan only focusing on economic and productivity, by them sacrificing their livelihoods and environment.
10652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Indonesia Raya
Offline
Posted 9/7/09

DomFortress wrote:

There are other controversy like the Nanjing Massacre of innocent Chinese by the Japanese Imperial Army during WWII, that the Japanese government are also denying. That, with the controversial Battle of Okinawa, together with the Japanese legislation downplay on rape crime, are all indication that the Japanese government is rather irresponsible. IMO.

True enough, the entertainment mediums that's Japanese anime, manga, and games aren't the ones to blame. When they're but a subculture under the mainstream cultural upbringing of the Japanese collectivism culture. If anything, I see the various Japanese subcultures are only the results of their own cultural influence on their values.


It's interesting for a controversy to be 'existed' when a more than disgusting events occurred. Which means it's proven that incident was actually happen. Like Holocaust, Rwanda, Red Khmer, Nanking ... etc. It just common for every government which its country has sinful past. well, in case of Japan, it has more attention because of its relationship to her neighbor. Some said, it's better to hide the truth than feel the hurt. Always depends to situation, though. For Japan, they chose it to be controversial-ed for their country's sake. For its neighbor, it's a pain. lol

yeah, anime, manga and games shouldn't be ones to blame. After all, it's really depends to person. It's the person choice to be a Hikikomori, Otaku or NEET. It's not because of the AMG turned them to be like that, it because of their feeble minds or running away from reality. Of course, AMG might affect person's thought till some extend when they can't differentiate reality and fictional. Almost who has that symptoms are teenager. It's easy to manipulate their minds in that state. Like what happened in Akihabara or some shooting cases because of GTA game.

It's depend, really depend. Parents or guidance should keep eye on them or talked them that anything happened in AMG could not happened in real life. Not treating them like a child, but some of them really ignorant and need wise words.



DomFortress wrote:

Their Japanese men are becoming more extreme by the generations, while their society's view on gender roles and family values are in serious disarray. I mean they even have some sort of reward system for families with kids: http://www.mhlw.go.jp/english/topics/child-support/child-support.html

Now why would they even need positive reinforcement for families who have children, when the idea of positive reinforcement is about rewarding good behaviors among workers in a workplace? Could it be that the Japanese government are institutionalizing family values because the Japanese populace don't enjoy having families nor raising children?


It's actually a common system for countries on the world who have old-rapid growth disease. Not only in Japan. Some small developed countries like Singapore has considered to implement this system too. Maybe Taiwan too. I'm not sure whether they already had fixed function about this.

"With Japan’s birthrate in rapid decline, it has been decided to double to 10,000 yen per child the child allowance paid for first and second children to the parents or guardians of children aged under three years of age regardless of the number of children, as a way of reducing the economic burden placed on families raising young children"

http://www.mhlw.go.jp/english/topics/child-support/index.html

The purpose of this system, I think, is to encourages families for having more kids. Of course, for good reasons. Japan, as the world most expensive cost living, especially in Tokyo and Osaka (http://www.citymayors.com/features/cost_survey.html), would be difficult place for living alone when you only have average jobs and salaries that just enough for you to eat. Moreover, having families. They concern enough not to having family when they know they can't afford cost of living, especially in education and health care.

So this system being implemented not because Japanese don't enjoy having family but rather because of cost-living standard are the highest on the world and it's in the most populous are, like Tokyo and Osaka. Japanese people responsible and aware of their incapability fund their own family when they even find it hard living alone. Japanese's government knows this well and thus having this system which is hopefully works.

As you can see, the workers in Japan also had good amount of money when they're retired. And it's really a burden for Japanese Government Pension Investment Fund's. Hit the world's largest for 5.7 trillion yen (45.1 billion pounds) http://www.reuters.com/article/pensionsNews/idUSLNE51Q01K20090227


Number of dependents
Self-employed (Contributors to the National Pension Fund)
Salaried workers (Contributors to employee pension plans)

0 | 460.0 | 532.0
1 | 498.0 | 570.0
2 | 536.0 | 608.0
3 | 574.0 | 646.0
4 | 612.0 | 684.0
5 | 650.0 | 722.0

(unit: 10,000 yen)
http://www.mhlw.go.jp/english/topics/child-support/index.html


So, of course they want to get rid of elder people and implement this system to encourages Japanese for having more kid. In manga, it's been used to emphasize public of how serious is this matter.

Special chapter in Death Note, killing elder people to decrease pensions fund and help government to keep their money and allocate it to other government institute, such as Child Allowance System.
http://www.onemanga.com/Death_Note/109/01/

Manga about how corrupt Japanese government. I forgot which chapter they mentioned about pension funds. If you interested of how politics and system in Japan, maybe you want to read all chapter.
http://www.onemanga.com/Akumetsu/ Gore and contains of Violent

Many reasons behind why Japan holds the highest debt than any other countries. And we, as Gaijin (foreigner, lol) could not judge them just from pointed out one fact or system. It's more complicated when Japanese are mixed with their culture of politics with democracy while they're used to be an Imperial state, caused born of mafia politics in Japan. Well, hope the new PM could fix all of that rather than Aso (who called himself as Otaku) who are really irresponsible and shameful for being Japanese representative.

Even their PM can't get a full picture of Japan, moreover Gaijin. lol, I love this word, wonder why...~

1778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / rock bottom
Offline
Posted 9/7/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


jecayuga wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


jecayuga wrote:wow, now i'm thinking twice.... because i would like to go to japan and live there ... but upon hearing this..
well.... hmmm
let's see...

though, i would like to be 'educated' with this thingy.. so as to created 'awareness' perhaps....
I don't even want to raise a family in Japan after what I've learned about the place, so I can't blame you for feeling that way.

And as per requested, here's the very NSFW(not safe for work) website due to its controversial materials: http://www.sankakucomplex.com/category/japan/


thanks for the info...


I lived there for 8 years, I am White and my wife is from Japan. I never had any problems there nor, has my wife and her child hood friends. so its not as bad there as he trying to make it out to be. Hell its a lot safer there than it is in America, America has 12.8 times more crime rate than what Japan has. Don't forget policies in Japan differ from place to place, and how the community act are to different things.
Tokyo the legal age is 17 for females. wile there government policy is 13, that more used as a limit how low you can go, its up to the area to choose what the age of consent and the other laws and matters are for the area.

This is what he fails to understand about Japan.




oh i see... so it depends upon the city?

so is it a city to city basis.. like Tokyo is different from lets say Osaka or Nagoya, about this matter....hmmm

so after all Japan is still 'safer' than the States....hmmmm
Posted 9/8/09

Ryutai-Desk wrote:


CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:

dom it's just asia or the world in general, also the worst problem is in the phillipenes and Cambodia right now with human sex trafficking of little girls which just makes me fucking to my stomach when i think about it.


However both Philippine and Cambodia are even poorer countries not like Japan, which is a democratic society and a first world nation. It's also a country with one of the highest suicide rate.


sigh you missed my point the world is just a messed up place period, I don't care if a country has a democracy or is 3rd word rape, killing murder suicide and so on will go on.Japan is just as messed up as the rest of the world don't try to act like it's not hell America even has human sex trafficking here in the land of the free >.> and the highest homicide ratio of any country that is developed.

As far as suicide goes hell i know that the reason is parents pressure kids from such an early age to do so well in school, that you must succeed get in this school and have this job your you'll be worthless etc that kids take that to heart and snap under prsssure that leads to major depression that leads to killing themselves =_=.

But i am going be blunt and honest i don't care what happens in the world any more or even to myself i will probably kill myelf by the time you read and respond to this i am just fucking sick of this world and this stupidity of humanity so, so long space cow boy


Yes, the sins of humanity and crimes would be and always been continue while humans itself still exist. But that's happen because the rest of people who has power or money unwilling to care about others who suffered in 3rd world countries.

True, if you take an example from Korean students. The suicide rates are high than any other countries. I had friends from Korea and they moved to another country to study because of the pressure either from society and parents. They even admitted, they were going to kill themselves while in Korea.

Well, in fact you are lolicon as you stated. Just don't commit crimes that harms lolis. In fact, you should protect them before you die. Or in major moves, you could join Red Cross and they will give you a mission to 3rd world countries that has high rates of crimes on lolis. Well, if you ready to sacrifice your lives, you could bluntly oppose and demolish prostitution that works lolis as their main business. As a result, lost your lives especially in 3rd world countries.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7En-A1k1Ac

Suicide is never good. but if you willing to die, at least sacrifice your lives to those who needs you. Many good ways to die and many death could leads you become a hero with your sacrifice. Heck, even they will build a monument with your statue, biodata and history books will tell students of how good you were in your life while you think is screwed.


sigh i am back been gone for a few days just gb using my cell at a hospital cause i took to many sleeping pills in trying to kill myself but it didn't work so i had to detox and so on and i am feeling better now. Yeah I see your point in what your saying but I don't know the only thing i can do is when i do reach 30 i am going to adopt a little Asian girl to raise on my own or with a girl if i can find one by then that way i know that my life has actually meant something or is going to mean something instead of just being a loser for the rest of my life, back on subject and i know this is going to sound repeating my self no matter what happens to change the law there will always be rape in japan and the rest of the world, even if all the explicit material was gotten rid of, it will still happen. It has been happening 100000 years before we where born and will continue long after we are dead and gone. I don't agree with the way japan treats rape victims by no means at all but and I know that you will disagree with me dom we can urge Japan to change but ultimately it is up to them if it really changes amercians can not force a country it's ways with out war and we all know how that turns out but i do hope there laws do change some day.
17958 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 9/8/09

jecayuga wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


jecayuga wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


jecayuga wrote:wow, now i'm thinking twice.... because i would like to go to japan and live there ... but upon hearing this..
well.... hmmm
let's see...

though, i would like to be 'educated' with this thingy.. so as to created 'awareness' perhaps....
I don't even want to raise a family in Japan after what I've learned about the place, so I can't blame you for feeling that way.

And as per requested, here's the very NSFW(not safe for work) website due to its controversial materials: http://www.sankakucomplex.com/category/japan/


thanks for the info...


I lived there for 8 years, I am White and my wife is from Japan. I never had any problems there nor, has my wife and her child hood friends. so its not as bad there as he trying to make it out to be. Hell its a lot safer there than it is in America, America has 12.8 times more crime rate than what Japan has. Don't forget policies in Japan differ from place to place, and how the community act are to different things.
Tokyo the legal age is 17 for females. wile there government policy is 13, that more used as a limit how low you can go, its up to the area to choose what the age of consent and the other laws and matters are for the area.

This is what he fails to understand about Japan.




oh i see... so it depends upon the city?

so is it a city to city basis.. like Tokyo is different from lets say Osaka or Nagoya, about this matter....hmmm

so after all Japan is still 'safer' than the States....hmmmm


Japan crime rate, and murder rate is lot lower than America. That is true. America has a lot more hate crime as well.
wen we look at the stats, America has more than 12 times the crime per 10,000 people. That includes rape.
They also have better health care than United States has, and better GPA scores, and life span 10 years longer, and a lot less sex trafficking compared to America.
1778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / rock bottom
Offline
Posted 9/8/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


jecayuga wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


jecayuga wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


jecayuga wrote:wow, now i'm thinking twice.... because i would like to go to japan and live there ... but upon hearing this..
well.... hmmm
let's see...

though, i would like to be 'educated' with this thingy.. so as to created 'awareness' perhaps....
I don't even want to raise a family in Japan after what I've learned about the place, so I can't blame you for feeling that way.

And as per requested, here's the very NSFW(not safe for work) website due to its controversial materials: http://www.sankakucomplex.com/category/japan/


thanks for the info...


I lived there for 8 years, I am White and my wife is from Japan. I never had any problems there nor, has my wife and her child hood friends. so its not as bad there as he trying to make it out to be. Hell its a lot safer there than it is in America, America has 12.8 times more crime rate than what Japan has. Don't forget policies in Japan differ from place to place, and how the community act are to different things.
Tokyo the legal age is 17 for females. wile there government policy is 13, that more used as a limit how low you can go, its up to the area to choose what the age of consent and the other laws and matters are for the area.

This is what he fails to understand about Japan.




oh i see... so it depends upon the city?

so is it a city to city basis.. like Tokyo is different from lets say Osaka or Nagoya, about this matter....hmmm

so after all Japan is still 'safer' than the States....hmmmm


Japan crime rate, and murder rate is lot lower than America. That is true. America has a lot more hate crime as well.
wen we look at the stats, America has more than 12 times the crime per 10,000 people. That includes rape.
They also have better health care than United States has, and better GPA scores, and life span 10 years longer, and a lot less sex trafficking compared to America.


well.. maybe because Japan is a smaller country than USA.

but yeah, i think the americans are more liberated than the japanese... as what i can observe..

and i must agree that japanese people live longer, maybe because of their diet, which is mainly fish and veggies unlike americans...

17958 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 9/8/09 , edited 9/8/09

jecayuga wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


jecayuga wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


jecayuga wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


jecayuga wrote:wow, now i'm thinking twice.... because i would like to go to japan and live there ... but upon hearing this..
well.... hmmm
let's see...

though, i would like to be 'educated' with this thingy.. so as to created 'awareness' perhaps....
I don't even want to raise a family in Japan after what I've learned about the place, so I can't blame you for feeling that way.

And as per requested, here's the very NSFW(not safe for work) website due to its controversial materials: http://www.sankakucomplex.com/category/japan/


thanks for the info...


I lived there for 8 years, I am White and my wife is from Japan. I never had any problems there nor, has my wife and her child hood friends. so its not as bad there as he trying to make it out to be. Hell its a lot safer there than it is in America, America has 12.8 times more crime rate than what Japan has. Don't forget policies in Japan differ from place to place, and how the community act are to different things.
Tokyo the legal age is 17 for females. wile there government policy is 13, that more used as a limit how low you can go, its up to the area to choose what the age of consent and the other laws and matters are for the area.

This is what he fails to understand about Japan.




oh i see... so it depends upon the city?

so is it a city to city basis.. like Tokyo is different from lets say Osaka or Nagoya, about this matter....hmmm

so after all Japan is still 'safer' than the States....hmmmm


Japan crime rate, and murder rate is lot lower than America. That is true. America has a lot more hate crime as well.
wen we look at the stats, America has more than 12 times the crime per 10,000 people. That includes rape.
They also have better health care than United States has, and better GPA scores, and life span 10 years longer, and a lot less sex trafficking compared to America.


well.. maybe because Japan is a smaller country than USA.

but yeah, i think the americans are more liberated than the japanese... as what i can observe..

and i must agree that japanese people live longer, maybe because of their diet, which is mainly fish and veggies unlike americans...




Per 10,000 people in America 58.6 murders and 250+ other crimes, On average.
Per 10,000 people In Japan 1.1 murder rate, and 22+ other crimes, on average.

I take it you never been to Japan?
They have shows there that the FCC in America would never let the public see. (and I am not talking about porn)
Something I liked about Japan wen I was living there was the computer Internet speed is faster in Japan on average.
They got all the same freedom we have.
1778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / rock bottom
Offline
Posted 9/8/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


jecayuga wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


jecayuga wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


jecayuga wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


jecayuga wrote:wow, now i'm thinking twice.... because i would like to go to japan and live there ... but upon hearing this..
well.... hmmm
let's see...

though, i would like to be 'educated' with this thingy.. so as to created 'awareness' perhaps....
I don't even want to raise a family in Japan after what I've learned about the place, so I can't blame you for feeling that way.

And as per requested, here's the very NSFW(not safe for work) website due to its controversial materials: http://www.sankakucomplex.com/category/japan/


thanks for the info...


I lived there for 8 years, I am White and my wife is from Japan. I never had any problems there nor, has my wife and her child hood friends. so its not as bad there as he trying to make it out to be. Hell its a lot safer there than it is in America, America has 12.8 times more crime rate than what Japan has. Don't forget policies in Japan differ from place to place, and how the community act are to different things.
Tokyo the legal age is 17 for females. wile there government policy is 13, that more used as a limit how low you can go, its up to the area to choose what the age of consent and the other laws and matters are for the area.

This is what he fails to understand about Japan.




oh i see... so it depends upon the city?

so is it a city to city basis.. like Tokyo is different from lets say Osaka or Nagoya, about this matter....hmmm

so after all Japan is still 'safer' than the States....hmmmm


Japan crime rate, and murder rate is lot lower than America. That is true. America has a lot more hate crime as well.
wen we look at the stats, America has more than 12 times the crime per 10,000 people. That includes rape.
They also have better health care than United States has, and better GPA scores, and life span 10 years longer, and a lot less sex trafficking compared to America.


well.. maybe because Japan is a smaller country than USA.

but yeah, i think the americans are more liberated than the japanese... as what i can observe..

and i must agree that japanese people live longer, maybe because of their diet, which is mainly fish and veggies unlike americans...




Per 10,000 people in America 58.6 murders and 250+ other crimes, On average.
Per 10,000 people In Japan 1.1 murder rate, and 22+ other crimes, on average.

I take it you never been to Japan?
They have shows there that the FCC in America would never let the public see. (and I am not talking about porn)
Something I liked about Japan wen I was living there was the computer Internet speed is faster in Japan on average.
They got all the same freedom we have.



yeah you got that right..hehe

but i am planning to go there in the future....

well, i'm just surprised with this issue so i was kinda like curious about it...

and faster internet??!! wow, that's great....makes me wanna go there more hehehe
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.