Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Japanese Legislation Downplay on Rape
11142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Indonesia Raya
Offline
Posted 9/8/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

I lived there for 8 years, I am White and my wife is from Japan. I never had any problems there nor, has my wife and her child hood friends. so its not as bad there as he trying to make it out to be. Hell its a lot safer there than it is in America, America has 12.8 times more crime rate than what Japan has. Don't forget policies in Japan differ from place to place, and how the community act are to different things.

Tokyo the legal age is 17 for females. wile there government policy is 13, that more used as a limit how low you can go, its up to the area to choose what the age of consent and the other laws and matters are for the area.

This is what he fails to understand about Japan.

Japan crime rate, and murder rate is lot lower than America. That is true. America has a lot more hate crime as well.
wen we look at the stats, America has more than 12 times the crime per 10,000 people. That includes rape.
They also have better health care than United States has, and better GPA scores, and life span 10 years longer, and a lot less sex trafficking compared to America.

Per 10,000 people in America 58.6 murders and 250+ other crimes, On average.
Per 10,000 people In Japan 1.1 murder rate, and 22+ other crimes, on average.

I take it you never been to Japan?
They have shows there that the FCC in America would never let the public see. (and I am not talking about porn)
Something I liked about Japan wen I was living there was the computer Internet speed is faster in Japan on average.
They got all the same freedom we have.



I'd like ask a question. Why do you always comparing Japan and America about their crimes rate? Sure, America might be has higher rate than Japan but that's not the topic here. This thread trying to know more about any Japanese system/ Legislation or their attitude towards crimes in their own country. Do you meant by comparing crimes rate between 2 countries would proven Japan doesn't have crimes rate equal or higher than America?

As Dom stated many times, many reasons why Japanese people wants to keep it low of their crimes because of cultural pressure from family and society. They don't want to feel ashamed or labeled 'dirty' even though they are the victim. Japanese sure has big crime at the past http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akihabara_massacre, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarin_gas_attack_on_the_Tokyo_subway. I know you had been gone to Japan before, but do you know such horrible things happened? Of course, many countries had this kind of incidents too before. Therefore, of course Japan had it too. By saying its crime rate lower than any other countries is not the answer Japan did not experienced it before.

Many cases in Japan had been occurred but they are not being paid attention to make a greater laws to protect women. Because it became an usual incident and Japanese people does not treat it seriously as any other developed country. Take example, everyday cases in trains. Like groping schoolgirls and like Dom said, they didn't resist. (In most case). And this is happens often. When the culprit had been arrested, they made lame excuses such as thishttp://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/09/08/schoolgirl-groper-stimulated-by-chikan-sites/. http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/01/07/schoolboy-raeps-schoolgirl-steals-3-for-cigarettes/ and http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/10/08/5-middle-schoolers-gang-raep-schoolgirl/
Now we wonder why Japan, especially its society and government still downplay on rape?

To people who doesn't care, felt annoyed and do not want dig deeper of what actually happened in Japan's dark side, please refrain yourself to post. I know we might be really stubborn and stick our nose to another country's problem, but we are willing to know what actually happened in Japan from head to toe. We do not want to hear any comparison to another country. We know Japan has low rates of crime but is it really transparent? Was the rates cover specific cases as what happened to schoolgirl in train?
This what we wanted to discovers as it seems the truth haven't been revealed yet.




Posted 9/8/09 , edited 9/8/09

jecayuga wrote:well.. maybe because Japan is a smaller country than USA.

but yeah, i think the americans are more liberated than the japanese... as what i can observe..

and i must agree that japanese people live longer, maybe because of their diet, which is mainly fish and veggies unlike americans...
You should know that due to extreme food shortages, the Japanese diet isn't the same as before. When the country can only produce 39% of its own total food supply, and the rest are all imported: http://business.theage.com.au/business/japans-hunger-becomes-a-dire-warning-for-other-nations-20080420-27ey.html

As a result, the majority of younger generation of Japanese are rapidly adapting the poorer western eating habits of fast food junkies, when the traditional Japanese dinning are just unsustainable due to food shortages and overpricing. Home-made meals are becoming a thing of the past, especially in Japanese's urban districts. When the adults are too busy working to support a high living standard, because everything has a premium overcharge: from the lands, transportation, housing, and even food.

I've many friends who went to Japan and tried to make a living as a foreigner, they either came back as breaking-even or between $2000 to $4000 CAD in dept. Furthermore, while the Japanese city life offers more attractions at night, however that's not a lifestyle choice but rather, it was a necessity. Due to the ultra high population density in the Japanese urban districts, the cities' infrastructures and businesses themselves just cannot support all of their local populaces at once in the same time setting. You'll be surprised just how many 24/7 businesses along with the various automated vending machines are selling everyday commodity from regular beef bowl to exotic Kobe beef, and from underpants to sake.
Posted 9/8/09

DomFortress wrote:


jecayuga wrote:well.. maybe because Japan is a smaller country than USA.

but yeah, i think the americans are more liberated than the japanese... as what i can observe..

and i must agree that japanese people live longer, maybe because of their diet, which is mainly fish and veggies unlike americans...
You should know that due to extreme food shortages, the Japanese diet isn't the same as before. When the country can only produce 39% of its own total food supply, and the rest are all imported: http://business.theage.com.au/business/japans-hunger-becomes-a-dire-warning-for-other-nations-20080420-27ey.html

As a result, the majority of younger generation of Japanese are rapidly adapting the poorer western eating habits of fast food junkies, when the traditional Japanese dinning are just unsustainable due to food shortages and overpricing. Home-made meals are becoming a thing of the past, especially in Japanese's urban districts. When the adults are too busy working to support a high living standard, because everything has a premium overcharge: from the lands, transportation, housing, and even food.

I've many friends who went to Japan and tried to make a living as a foreigner, they either came back as breaking-even or between $2000 to $4000 CAD in dept. Furthermore, while the Japanese city life offers more attractions at night, however that's not a lifestyle choice but rather, it was a necessity. Due to the ultra high population density in the Japanese urban districts, the cities' infrastructures and businesses themselves just cannot support all of their local populaces at once in the same time setting. You'll be surprised just how many 24/7 businesses along with the various automated vending machines are selling everyday commodity from regular beef bowl to exotic Kobe beef, and from underpants to sake.


i love those vending machines so much
11142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Indonesia Raya
Offline
Posted 9/8/09

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:


DomFortress wrote:

You'll be surprised just how many 24/7 businesses along with the various automated vending machines are selling everyday commodity from regular beef bowl to exotic Kobe beef, and from underpants to sake.


i love those vending machines so much


Me too.=D But we don't have it here D=
Even Japan has various kind of vending machines like for Magazines, ******, etc... ; )
Posted 9/8/09 , edited 9/8/09

Ryutai-Desk wrote:It's interesting for a controversy to be 'existed' when a more than disgusting events occurred. Which means it's proven that incident was actually happen. Like Holocaust, Rwanda, Red Khmer, Nanking ... etc. It just common for every government which its country has sinful past. well, in case of Japan, it has more attention because of its relationship to her neighbor. Some said, it's better to hide the truth than feel the hurt. Always depends to situation, though. For Japan, they chose it to be controversial-ed for their country's sake. For its neighbor, it's a pain. lol
Now look at how the Japanese government created all those controversies regarding those inhuman acts that their army did during WWII, and compare that to those Hikikomori, Otaku or NEET that choose to escape from whatever that they find that's frightening and/or painful in reality:

Ryutai-Desk wrote:yeah, anime, manga and games shouldn't be ones to blame. After all, it's really depends to person. It's the person choice to be a Hikikomori, Otaku or NEET. It's not because of the AMG turned them to be like that, it because of their feeble minds or running away from reality. Of course, AMG might affect person's thought till some extend when they can't differentiate reality and fictional. Almost who has that symptoms are teenager. It's easy to manipulate their minds in that state. Like what happened in Akihabara or some shooting cases because of GTA game.

It's depend, really depend. Parents or guidance should keep eye on them or talked them that anything happened in AMG could not happened in real life. Not treating them like a child, but some of them really ignorant and need wise words.
Don't you think that the Japanese government are on the same feeble mindset with the Hikikomori, Otaku and NEET, when they're denying those sinful parts of their national histories? After all, let's not forget the fundamental definition of collectivism culture is "sacrificing the individual's rights for the greater good."

However, keep in mind that just what's "individuals" and "greater good" are subjected to change, and that's especially true with Japanese. For example:

Ryutai-Desk wrote:It's actually a common system for countries on the world who have old-rapid growth disease. Not only in Japan. Some small developed countries like Singapore has considered to implement this system too. Maybe Taiwan too. I'm not sure whether they already had fixed function about this.

"With Japan’s birthrate in rapid decline, it has been decided to double to 10,000 yen per child the child allowance paid for first and second children to the parents or guardians of children aged under three years of age regardless of the number of children, as a way of reducing the economic burden placed on families raising young children"

http://www.mhlw.go.jp/english/topics/child-support/index.html

The purpose of this system, I think, is to encourages families for having more kids. Of course, for good reasons. Japan, as the world most expensive cost living, especially in Tokyo and Osaka (http://www.citymayors.com/features/cost_survey.html), would be difficult place for living alone when you only have average jobs and salaries that just enough for you to eat. Moreover, having families. They concern enough not to having family when they know they can't afford cost of living, especially in education and health care.

So this system being implemented not because Japanese don't enjoy having family but rather because of cost-living standard are the highest on the world and it's in the most populous are, like Tokyo and Osaka. Japanese people responsible and aware of their incapability fund their own family when they even find it hard living alone. Japanese's government knows this well and thus having this system which is hopefully works.

As you can see, the workers in Japan also had good amount of money when they're retired. And it's really a burden for Japanese Government Pension Investment Fund's. Hit the world's largest for 5.7 trillion yen (45.1 billion pounds) http://www.reuters.com/article/pensionsNews/idUSLNE51Q01K20090227


Number of dependents
Self-employed (Contributors to the National Pension Fund)
Salaried workers (Contributors to employee pension plans)

0 | 460.0 | 532.0
1 | 498.0 | 570.0
2 | 536.0 | 608.0
3 | 574.0 | 646.0
4 | 612.0 | 684.0
5 | 650.0 | 722.0

(unit: 10,000 yen)
http://www.mhlw.go.jp/english/topics/child-support/index.html
First of all, understand that what you've stated about the high living cost and pension plan, expensive educations and health care, and entry level jobs with low salaries and no advancement in sights, are not the results of no government subsidy. They were trade-offed of many personal scarifies of hopes and dreams for better lives, job securities, quality times with families and loved ones. All for a bubble economy that's being inflated with overcharges and high premiums. And that's only on the top side looking over.

Underhandedly, we've got corporate corruptions and government bureaucracies operating behind the scenes, while the elitists of Japanese society not caring with the livelihoods of those below them. So to me, it's only natural that the Japanese suicide rate is so high. When their economy continues to perform bad, the reality is showing them that all they had done up 'til now had all been in vain. For they've sacrificed their future, in order to preserve their past glories.


Ryutai-Desk wroteSo, of course they want to get rid of elder people and implement this system to encourages Japanese for having more kid. In manga, it's been used to emphasize public of how serious is this matter.

Special chapter in Death Note, killing elder people to decrease pensions fund and help government to keep their money and allocate it to other government institute, such as Child Allowance System.
http://www.onemanga.com/Death_Note/109/01/

Manga about how corrupt Japanese government. I forgot which chapter they mentioned about pension funds. If you interested of how politics and system in Japan, maybe you want to read all chapter.
http://www.onemanga.com/Akumetsu/ Gore and contains of Violent

Many reasons behind why Japan holds the highest debt than any other countries. And we, as Gaijin (foreigner, lol) could not judge them just from pointed out one fact or system. It's more complicated when Japanese are mixed with their culture of politics with democracy while they're used to be an Imperial state, caused born of mafia politics in Japan. Well, hope the new PM could fix all of that rather than Aso (who called himself as Otaku) who are really irresponsible and shameful for being Japanese representative.

Even their PM can't get a full picture of Japan, moreover Gaijin. lol, I love this word, wonder why...~
That's a lot of works you're expecting from just one man, it's no wonder that he want to enlist the help of Thunderbirds: http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/09/04/japanese-pm-calls-for-thunderbirds/

Unless of course, he slipped into the deep end starting with this.
Posted 9/8/09 , edited 9/8/09


sigh hey dom i know this going to sound stupid and all but when the Japanese finally adimt and own up to the fact the system of rape is messed up is when America is going admit the fact we tortured people in Gitmo and went to war without reasonable cause for oil.
11142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Indonesia Raya
Offline
Posted 9/8/09

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:

sigh hey dom i know this going to sound stupid and all but when the Japanese finally adimt and own up to the fact the system of rape is messed up is when America is going admit the fact we tortured people in Gitmo and went to war without reasonable cause for oil.


Your point is........?

This thread is about all about Japanese people, system and government not other country.

To people who doesn't care, felt annoyed and do not want dig deeper of what actually happened in Japan's dark side, please refrain yourself to post. I know we might be really stubborn and stick our nose to another country's problem, but we are willing to know what actually happened in Japan from head to toe. We do not want to hear any comparison to another country. We know Japan has low rates of crime but is it really transparent? Was the rates cover specific cases as what happened to schoolgirl in train?
This what we wanted to discovers as it seems the truth haven't been revealed yet.
11142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Indonesia Raya
Offline
Posted 9/8/09

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:

the point is every country has it's on faults and problems no matter how civilized they try to act. Japan has always had problems with rape and crimes as much as America has problems with debt. My point who i think some one from should speak on their behalf not some observations and facts that we obtain form the net but real person to give their honest opinion what it's like growing up there and i only made the comperssion because Japan will never live up to the fact the way they treat women.

We as outsiders can beg moan and plead with them to change the way they act but that's never going to happen not by us anyways. I know i keep talking in loop and it seems like to you that i don't care but i do but there is not a god damn we can do.


duh, of course all country has its own problem. But this thread basically talk about Japan, if you want to talk about other country's problem, make a new thread. Not here.

We have reliable source as well, if you do not want to believe it, that's your decision for being care less. http://www.sankakucomplex.com/category/japan/ I take you didn't do enough research and explore cases of what happened in Japan that make you say something like that.

Is this thread supposed to be BIG and will brought it to Japanese government? Duh... we only wanted to know not to solve it, that's Japanese government's job to do it, not we whom you called 'HIGH and MIGHTY' supposed to take care their problem.

again
To people who doesn't care, felt annoyed and do not want dig deeper of what actually happened in Japan's dark side, please refrain yourself to post. I know we might be really stubborn and stick our nose to another country's problem, but we are willing to know what actually happened in Japan from head to toe. We do not want to hear any comparison to another country. We know Japan has low rates of crime but is it really transparent? Was the rates cover specific cases as what happened to schoolgirl in train?
This what we wanted to discovers as it seems the truth haven't been revealed yet.


11142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Indonesia Raya
Offline
Posted 9/9/09 , edited 9/9/09

DomFortress wrote:

Now look at how the Japanese government created all those controversies regarding those inhuman acts that their army did during WWII, and compare that to those Hikikomori, Otaku or NEET that choose to escape from whatever that they find that's frightening and/or painful in reality:

Don't you think that the Japanese government are on the same feeble mindset with the Hikikomori, Otaku and NEET, when they're denying those sinful parts of their national histories? After all, let's not forget the fundamental definition of collectivism culture is "sacrificing the individual's rights for the greater good."

However, keep in mind that just what's "individuals" and "greater good" are subjected to change, and that's especially true with Japanese.


Ah, I've argued about that. About those controversies and the purposes of it. Maybe you should read all the pages?
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-538622/the-yasukuni-shrine/?pg=1

Btw, my answer kinda extreme for some people, though. Maybe you disagree with me.


DomFortress wrote:

First of all, understand that what you've stated about the high living cost and pension plan, expensive educations and health care, and entry level jobs with low salaries and no advancement in sights, are not the results of no government subsidy. They were trade-offed of many personal scarifies of hopes and dreams for better lives, job securities, quality times with families and loved ones. All for a bubble economy that's being inflated with overcharges and high premiums. And that's only on the top side looking over.

Underhandedly, we've got corporate corruptions and government bureaucracies operating behind the scenes, while the elitists of Japanese society not caring with the livelihoods of those below them. So to me, it's only natural that the Japanese suicide rate is so high. When their economy continues to perform bad, the reality is showing them that all they had done up 'til now had all been in vain. For they've sacrificed their future, in order to preserve their past glories.


Yeah, the fact they're the 2nd biggest economy nation are great but under that those poor employee are the ones who always propping Japanese economy really suffered in current conditions despite of their high salaries but the cost-living are high as well. Kinda sad, such a dilemma.

That's true, that's why Japanese should have reform thier government from long time ago. Well, fortunately. They already made major reform in government.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Japan

On 21 July 2009, Prime Minister Aso dissolved the House of Representatives and elections were held on 30 August. The year 2009 is being observed a major change in Japanese politics. The election results for the House of Representatives were announced on 30 and 31 August 2009. The opposition party DPJ led by Yukio Hatoyama, has cleared majority by winning 308 seats (10 seats won by allies Social Democratic Party and People's New Party). While the ruling LDP led by Taro Aso, has secured 119 seats (21 seats won by New Komeito) and failed to form the government. Changes in politics of Japan have been long awaited.

And of course for extreme measure we need Akumetsu, lol
Have you read it at least 2 arc? I think that manga can tell us about how weak and corrupt Japanese government are. Well, not all, though. but still... It's interesting to know. Haha~


DomFortress wrote:

That's a lot of works you're expecting from just one man, it's no wonder that he want to enlist the help of Thunderbirds: http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/09/04/japanese-pm-calls-for-thunderbirds/

Unless of course, he slipped into the deep end starting with this.


Haha~ yeah, that's why Japan becoming advanced in technology and many awkward things like Asimo and even Gundam
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3544/3686584817_37d2e1bbd7.jpg
http://www.animemb.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/life-size-gundam-statue.png



Well, I think they are very imaginative people thus very creative no matter how strange the idea they have , lol~
Posted 9/9/09 , edited 9/9/09

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:sigh hey dom i know this going to sound stupid and all but when the Japanese finally adimt and own up to the fact the system of rape is messed up is when America is going admit the fact we tortured people in Gitmo and went to war without reasonable cause for oil.
That's unless the US government would deny such intention, if and only if, there are concrete evidences supporting that claim of yours. And insofar, the only evidence we've got is the fact that the US Secretary of Defense gave false information, thus the President back then was ill informed.

Well, that's not the first time the Republican had things backfired on them by being stupid and ignorant. While they played dirty by attacking directly at their opponents with negative ads and not their ideas through debates, in order to discredit their opponents. I mean I have my conservative family values as such as they are, but I would at least admit my mistakes and be more levelheaded with my actions and thinking. To think that most Republican supporters are those who really had lost touch with the rest of the world simply being as who they are, it's no wonder that for the longest time that's what the US Government really was with their polices. And the fact that the Republicans and their supporters love their money.

Even when you thought that you could ask a smart question relating to the topic, nonetheless you had gone ahead and asked what you thought that was dumb anyway. Now shouldn't you be the one to question your intention of such action, or would you like me to do that for you? I'll have you know that I can be quite thorough with my approach, just like what I did with this topic about the Japanese legislation.

And no, the fact that I myself am not Japanese, doesn't mean that you have the duty to defend them either, as according to your logic. Because you too are not Japanese yourself. However, you do have the right to voice your opinions on a public open forum, just like I do with this topic. And much like you did with my topic, I can subject your opinion under public dispute with the same rights that you have.


Ryutai-Desk wrote:duh, of course all country has its own problem. But this thread basically talk about Japan, if you want to talk about other country's problem, make a new thread. Not here.

We have reliable source as well, if you do not want to believe it, that's your decision for being care less. http://www.sankakucomplex.com/category/japan/ I take you didn't do enough research and explore cases of what happened in Japan that make you say something like that.

Is this thread supposed to be BIG and will brought it to Japanese government? Duh... we only wanted to know not to solve it, that's Japanese government's job to do it, not we whom you called 'HIGH and MIGHTY' supposed to take care their problem.

again
To people who doesn't care, felt annoyed and do not want dig deeper of what actually happened in Japan's dark side, please refrain yourself to post. I know we might be really stubborn and stick our nose to another country's problem, but we are willing to know what actually happened in Japan from head to toe. We do not want to hear any comparison to another country. We know Japan has low rates of crime but is it really transparent? Was the rates cover specific cases as what happened to schoolgirl in train?
This what we wanted to discovers as it seems the truth haven't been revealed yet.
It's quite OK, actually. At the very lease he does entitle to whatever his opinions that's matter to him. Regardless when it's a dumb tactic as to derail the actual subject matter, he maybe simply doing it unintentionally. Because just like he said, he couldn't help himself not to.

And now, back to the subject at hands:

Ryutai-Desk wrote:Ah, I've argued about that. About those controversies and the purposes of it. Maybe you should read all the pages?
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-538622/the-yasukuni-shrine/?pg=1

Btw, my answer kinda extreme for some people, though. Maybe you disagree with me.
I think you do have a point, especially with what you've said here:
I think you have a strong sense of ethic and morality, of a duty that you must build a future for yourself from what's going to be our continuing legacy. Which I too also must think and feel, when it's my time to start a family and have children to call my owns, just what kind of world sense must I leave to them, and how am I going to achieve that.

I've seen some members of my family who doesn't want that kind of responsibility and quite frankly, I can't blame them. Because just like you did, I too have seen the evils that exist within ourselves. And known full well that some of us had allowed those said evils to manifest themselves into our world as crimes, prejudices, wars, corruptions, stupidity, and ignorance. Some of these evils might seem necessary now while others are simply uncalled for, however they will all played out negatively into our future. A future that you'll soon be inheriting from those that came before you.

Still, I'm nonetheless hopeful about our future, for the simple desire that my girlfriend and I still want to start a family of our own and have our own children. I feel strongly that as long as I keep thinking about what's best for my girlfriend and our future sake, I'm going to be alright.

I can't guarantee that I will offer you any sort of assurance nor comfort, for I'm just a man who must do what he wants. But I think that as long as you and I can see the same future as it should be, we can think of ways to arrive to it together. And hopefully, when it's time for your generation to inherit this world from us, I've done my part by ushering my children into a world that's somewhat more workable than what I had to start with.


Ryutai-Desk wrote:Yeah, the fact they're the 2nd biggest economy nation are great but under that those poor employee are the ones who always propping Japanese economy really suffered in current conditions despite of their high salaries but the cost-living are high as well. Kinda sad, such a dilemma.

That's true, that's why Japanese should have reform thier government from long time ago. Well, fortunately. They already made major reform in government.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Japan

On 21 July 2009, Prime Minister Aso dissolved the House of Representatives and elections were held on 30 August. The year 2009 is being observed a major change in Japanese politics. The election results for the House of Representatives were announced on 30 and 31 August 2009. The opposition party DPJ led by Yukio Hatoyama, has cleared majority by winning 308 seats (10 seats won by allies Social Democratic Party and People's New Party). While the ruling LDP led by Taro Aso, has secured 119 seats (21 seats won by New Komeito) and failed to form the government. Changes in politics of Japan have been long awaited.

And of course for extreme measure we need Akumetsu, lol
I wouldn't put my hope up yet if I were you. Because the fact that the former PM Aso still allowed the election to take place, even though he knew just exactly how it would played out due to the Japanese public were displeased with him through their polls.

A career politician's goal is to remain in power for as long as he could, by any means necessary. Therefore to me, for a career politician like Aso to just simply given up like what he did by resolving the Japanese House of Representatives, isn't ultimately good for his career as a politician. For that could only leads to the definite outcome of him. So if I were him, I would've weighted my options as to formulate my reason to step-down in such a humiliating fashion. In other words, he had reasons to believe that it's better for him to step-down like this, as oppose to him governing the current Japan by him remaining in power. Or he could be just an idiot, and I've simply overestimated him once again. But the fact still remains that he quit, and he left the current state of Japan(or what's left of it) to the next benefactor in power.


Ryutai-Desk wrote:Have you read it at least 2 arc? I think that manga can tell us about how weak and corrupt Japanese government are. Well, not all, though. but still... It's interesting to know. Haha~
Although the methods in the manga does seem to be extreme yet somewhat vindicating at times. It's entertainment value also downplays the seriousness of the many issues that's the dark side of Japanese society. Therefore I'm more of a City Hunter and Kongō Banchō fan.


Ryutai-Desk wrote:Haha~ yeah, that's why Japan becoming advanced in technology and many awkward things like Asimo and even Gundam
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3544/3686584817_37d2e1bbd7.jpg
http://www.animemb.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/life-size-gundam-statue.png



Well, I think they are very imaginative people thus very creative no matter how strange the idea they have , lol~
They might be idealistic to the extreme, but I still feel like smacking them upside their heads for being pessimistic about real issues.
Posted 9/9/09


Dom i under stand what you are saying and sorry for being so pessimistic, when you have been through all the bs in my life you just tend not to care any more and taking my new meds help with that or I would be a depressed sad sac 24/7, but back on the subject at hand Japan has always had issues with rape and the treatment of women. Up until after ww2 was over japan was always an imperial state with one man as the ruler and women as usual where treated as 2nd class citizens. Even after ww2 was over and when they change the way they ran the country some of those remnants where still there. Today it's mainly the mob in japan that runs a lot the political seems with money and fear in order to keep some control and of course they don't care about women and children since they kill to begin with. another thing is money is power japan and a fact you have not covered yet is most rape victims are payed off by there assailants in cash or settle in court that way when they do try get some sort of justice. Also there is the fact most women feel so ashamed and horrible about themselves when that does happen, they think that they will never get married, bf etc since they already lost their virginity due to rape. I have been doing my own research on it and that's yeah typical to be honest with you but i am done posting in this thread and those are my final thoughts on the subject. also have a cute loli

Posted 9/9/09

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:Dom i under stand what you are saying and sorry for being so pessimistic, when you have been through all the bs in my life you just tend not to care any more and taking my new meds help with that or I would be a depressed sad sac 24/7, but back on the subject at hand Japan has always had issues with rape and the treatment of women. Up until after ww2 was over japan was always an imperial state with one man as the ruler and women as usual where treated as 2nd class citizens. Even after ww2 was over and when they change the way they ran the country some of those remnants where still there. Today it's mainly the mob in japan that runs a lot the political seems with money and fear in order to keep some control and of course they don't care about women and children since they kill to begin with. another thing is money is power japan and a fact you have not covered yet is most rape victims are payed off by there assailants in cash or settle in court that way when they do try get some sort of justice. Also there is the fact most women feel so ashamed and horrible about themselves when that does happen, they think that they will never get married, bf etc since they already lost their virginity due to rape. I have been doing my own research on it and that's yeah typical to be honest with you but i am done posting in this thread and those are my final thoughts on the subject. also have a cute loli

Like I said, I couldn't bring myself to blame you for being who you are. But it's good to know that those med are working, for you do tend to need them in-between. Therefor no slapping for you!
11142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Indonesia Raya
Offline
Posted 9/11/09

DomFortress wrote:


Ryutai-Desk wrote:

Ah, I've argued about that. About those controversies and the purposes of it. Maybe you should read all the pages?
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-538622/the-yasukuni-shrine/?pg=1

Btw, my answer kinda extreme for some people, though. Maybe you disagree with me.


I think you do have a point, especially with what you've said here:



I think you have a strong sense of ethic and morality, of a duty that you must build a future for yourself from what's going to be our continuing legacy. Which I too also must think and feel, when it's my time to start a family and have children to call my owns, just what kind of world sense must I leave to them, and how am I going to achieve that.

I've seen some members of my family who doesn't want that kind of responsibility and quite frankly, I can't blame them. Because just like you did, I too have seen the evils that exist within ourselves. And known full well that some of us had allowed those said evils to manifest themselves into our world as crimes, prejudices, wars, corruptions, stupidity, and ignorance. Some of these evils might seem necessary now while others are simply uncalled for, however they will all played out negatively into our future. A future that you'll soon be inheriting from those that came before you.

Still, I'm nonetheless hopeful about our future, for the simple desire that my girlfriend and I still want to start a family of our own and have our own children. I feel strongly that as long as I keep thinking about what's best for my girlfriend and our future sake, I'm going to be alright.

I can't guarantee that I will offer you any sort of assurance nor comfort, for I'm just a man who must do what he wants. But I think that as long as you and I can see the same future as it should be, we can think of ways to arrive to it together. And hopefully, when it's time for your generation to inherit this world from us, I've done my part by ushering my children into a world that's somewhat more workable than what I had to start with.


Well, yes. Just dislike this kind of world. Wanna make it better, or if it not possible, we're going to make parallel world, lol just joking...

Many reasons why Japan gov tells lies or created controversy as I stated in that thread. However, it's correct and wrong decision at the same time. They wanted to prevent their immorality of what they did in the past leak or known to their next generations by making them believe there were no such things happened, either in Nanking or Okinawa. Therefore, their method is wrong. By telling them lies, means they can't face the truth and can't learn from knowledge of history.

As result, their legislation of rape still weak and do not represent justice and rights to women and girls, moreover their legislation could harm them. By discourage them to tell the truth about what has happened to them.


About society's lack of morality and negative things about our current world and future. Don't worry, after all, I always aware this kind of things would always exists in our world, society or even as close as our family. But don't forget, their dark's side always being covered by their light's side. Therefore, there's always Light and Darkness within human beings, whenever the place, whatever the condition and whoever they are. It's just our nature.

Well, This world is full of unreasonable.This world is overrun with the desire of hate. This world, journeying onward as ugly as it is, wanted to make me accept it. That's how the world, that filled with human beings like us, works. And it'll keep rotating and revolve as that's how it is live until now.


DomFortress wrote:

I wouldn't put my hope up yet if I were you. Because the fact that the former PM Aso still allowed the election to take place, even though he knew just exactly how it would played out due to the Japanese public were displeased with him through their polls.

A career politician's goal is to remain in power for as long as he could, by any means necessary. Therefore to me, for a career politician like Aso to just simply given up like what he did by resolving the Japanese House of Representatives, isn't ultimately good for his career as a politician. For that could only leads to the definite outcome of him. So if I were him, I would've weighted my options as to formulate my reason to step-down in such a humiliating fashion. In other words, he had reasons to believe that it's better for him to step-down like this, as oppose to him governing the current Japan by him remaining in power. Or he could be just an idiot, and I've simply overestimated him once again. But the fact still remains that he quit, and he left the current state of Japan(or what's left of it) to the next benefactor in power.


PM Aso still being allowed because it's how democracy system works. By polls and vote from Japanese people. Well, Japanese people still awake and can chose their leader right and that's how supposed to be as ex-PM Aso really unsuitable for becoming Japanese PM.

Sadly, many politician treat their job as 'business' not for being representative to their people and establish 'justice'. Like in Afganistan, President Karzai been reported cheating for copying vote for him to keep his power. His objective is for greed not justice. For himself, not his people. Many competitor or rivals can't accept defeat when they lose, like in Indonesia. Keep denying and accusing current president for cheating, and they even were going to brought to UN. o_O what a shameful humans. That's natural once they feel how luxury leader's life is, though.

Btw, In Aso's case. Even he like it or not, he MUST be a representative of LDP as that's how it works in mafia politics in Japan for 50 years. They always had LDP taking control of highest authority in Japan. So, resign is more likely unacceptable, although there's exception like Yasuo Fukuda. Aso is not suitable for being PM from begin with, as he's only substitute. (I think, not sure). The real power of Japanese politics is as being described in Akumetsu. In that manga, PM can't do as he wish. Dunno, if it real, but that's how it being describe by Japanese people.

Wait, we're not going off-topic, right?


DomFortress wrote:

They might be idealistic to the extreme, but I still feel like smacking them upside their heads for being pessimistic about real issues.


woot. 6 combos, lol. pessimistic about what, actually? Seems I failed to understand after coming this far o_O

Posted 9/12/09

Ryutai-Desk wrote:Well, yes. Just dislike this kind of world. Wanna make it better, or if it not possible, we're going to make parallel world, lol just joking...

Many reasons why Japan gov tells lies or created controversy as I stated in that thread. However, it's correct and wrong decision at the same time. They wanted to prevent their immorality of what they did in the past leak or known to their next generations by making them believe there were no such things happened, either in Nanking or Okinawa. Therefore, their method is wrong. By telling them lies, means they can't face the truth and can't learn from knowledge of history.

As result, their legislation of rape still weak and do not represent justice and rights to women and girls, moreover their legislation could harm them. By discourage them to tell the truth about what has happened to them.


About society's lack of morality and negative things about our current world and future. Don't worry, after all, I always aware this kind of things would always exists in our world, society or even as close as our family. But don't forget, their dark's side always being covered by their light's side. Therefore, there's always Light and Darkness within human beings, whenever the place, whatever the condition and whoever they are. It's just our nature.

Well, This world is full of unreasonable.This world is overrun with the desire of hate. This world, journeying onward as ugly as it is, wanted to make me accept it. That's how the world, that filled with human beings like us, works. And it'll keep rotating and revolve as that's how it is live until now.
It's because of the fact that this world of ours is still not quite what it should be, that's why I think it's worth the effort of making it better than what it is now. For overcoming one's own imperfection is the the process of perfecting oneself, when "true victory is victory over oneself." I see failure as room for improvement, for I am an optimist.

After all, that's how we humans as a specie became what we are today. And those pessimists can just go ahead and plant their asses on their hands, when I would much prefer them to step aside anyway. Because I know just how much they don't like to get in the way of things, being who they are as pessimists. Besides, I got beef with someones else, not them.


Ryutai-Desk wrote:PM Aso still being allowed because it's how democracy system works. By polls and vote from Japanese people. Well, Japanese people still awake and can chose their leader right and that's how supposed to be as ex-PM Aso really unsuitable for becoming Japanese PM.

Sadly, many politician treat their job as 'business' not for being representative to their people and establish 'justice'. Like in Afganistan, President Karzai been reported cheating for copying vote for him to keep his power. His objective is for greed not justice. For himself, not his people. Many competitor or rivals can't accept defeat when they lose, like in Indonesia. Keep denying and accusing current president for cheating, and they even were going to brought to UN. o_O what a shameful humans. That's natural once they feel how luxury leader's life is, though.

Btw, In Aso's case. Even he like it or not, he MUST be a representative of LDP as that's how it works in mafia politics in Japan for 50 years. They always had LDP taking control of highest authority in Japan. So, resign is more likely unacceptable, although there's exception like Yasuo Fukuda. Aso is not suitable for being PM from begin with, as he's only substitute. (I think, not sure). The real power of Japanese politics is as being described in Akumetsu. In that manga, PM can't do as he wish. Dunno, if it real, but that's how it being describe by Japanese people.

Wait, we're not going off-topic, right?
Not really, I did made this topic about the Japanese legislation after all. And I think one of the reason why the Japanese legislation is what it is now, is because the Japanese government failed to represent their people against their legislation. When the Japanese legislators became a bunch of elitists who didn't care about their women and children.

When a political party failed to represent their people, while their people failed at representing themselves. That's when democracy failed to represent anything but failures.


Ryutai-Desk wrote:woot. 6 combos, lol. pessimistic about what, actually? Seems I failed to understand after coming this far o_O
It's 7, actually. And the pessimism is the Japanese populace's overall sense of not caring about the thoughts and feelings of their women and children. They just gave up on making their society a safer place for women and children when they just don't care about them as they should be.
11142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Indonesia Raya
Offline
Posted 9/30/09
Sorry, I had to gone for a while. Now shall I continue? ^_^


DomFortress wrote:

It's because of the fact that this world of ours is still not quite what it should be, that's why I think it's worth the effort of making it better than what it is now. For overcoming one's own imperfection is the the process of perfecting oneself, when "true victory is victory over oneself." I see failure as room for improvement, for I am an optimist.

After all, that's how we humans as a specie became what we are today. And those pessimists can just go ahead and plant their asses on their hands, when I would much prefer them to step aside anyway. Because I know just how much they don't like to get in the way of things, being who they are as pessimists. Besides, I got beef with someones else, not them.


For me, those pessimist shouldn't be abandoned. They also posses the skills the optimist don't have as the humans couldn't be as perfect as ones dreamed. Their attitude might be a bit difficult to be persuaded for doing benefit things for people or even for themselves. But isn't that the purpose of having any other human beside you? To encourages you doing good things and motivate you to release their bad habits.

An individual of human beings are just like Light and Darkness. In other time, we might be become as pessimist as them. In the future, they might become more optimist than us. Therefore, we couldn't say to them to step aside or even call them useless. As they see different views and has experienced the different things than us. Their difference might become a help for us too. It's our duty to offer our hands to them and lead this world together as ones society.


DomFortress wrote:

Not really, I did made this topic about the Japanese legislation after all. And I think one of the reason why the Japanese legislation is what it is now, is because the Japanese government failed to represent their people against their legislation. When the Japanese legislators became a bunch of elitists who didn't care about their women and children.

When a political party failed to represent their people, while their people failed at representing themselves. That's when democracy failed to represent anything but failures.


That's true about failed democracy, unfortunately this system were being abused by parties and powers in countries, especially in 3 world country. Either the Parliament and Government, when they are obsessed by money, power and woman(lol?). They could be easily deceive their people for their own interest.

I often think, democracy is not perfect system. It's not represent the voice of people when it comes to choose parliament (As they rarely know who are their representative). But of course, democracy has good side too. To punish whoever commit a crime, either it's president or Minister. So it has Light and Dark side too.


DomFortress wrote:
And the pessimism is the Japanese populace's overall sense of not caring about the thoughts and feelings of their women and children. They just gave up on making their society a safer place for women and children when they just don't care about them as they should be.


Actually not as bad as you described, they even have public transport which only for women. To avoid sexual harassment, such as groping, etc. Men also has benefit for this system too. As many of them being victim of false accusation. So it's even.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women-only_passenger_car

Some Japanese legislation might less concerned about women but they have peaceful society (overall). And most Japanese people expresses they are happy to live their as Japanese and dislike Gaijin as they can't speak Japanese, haha~


First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.