First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
The Useless Police
5782 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / In Limbo in Silen...
Offline
Posted 8/29/09

Sure, they beat up and electrocute mentally disabled people, shoot old men in their beds, and generally violate our natural rights on a daily basis, but the police catch a lot of bad guys, right? Well, if the police do stop the bad guys from committing crimes, it’s only ever the dumbest and most obvious bad guys, because if there’s ever any actual investigative work involved, you can be sure the police aren’t up to the task.

If a difficult case ever is cracked by the police, it’s purely accidental, and the case of Jaycee Dugard is a perfect example.

Dugard was kidnapped by a known rapist, and was held by him for eighteen long years in his backyard. Garrido, the kidnapper, was a lifetime parolee, and never once during that time did anyone think it might be a good idea to poke around the back yard where Dugard’s rapist and kidnapper had constructed several makeshift buildings in which he kept Dugard and the two children he had fathered with her when she was a teenager.

Indeed, the police had been called to the house on more than one occasion, and once because “a neighbor had called 911 to report suspicious circumstances involving young children in the home’s backyard, and said Garrido was psychotic and had a sex addiction.” Did the police discover anything after this report? Nope, Garrido was apparently just too much of a criminal mastermind for the sheriff’s deputies.

This sort of monumental incompetence is business as usual for the police, of course, although they always promise changes. And, most ironic and almost comical is the fact that while some people are being arrested for taking pictures of breastfeeding children, it is apparently not too difficult to keep a sex slave in the back yard.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 8/29/09 , edited 8/29/09
The case with Jeffery Dahmer (the serial killer) pissed me off more. He kidnapped a 14 year old Asian boy and had him drugged in his apartment and had already tortured and raped him. Then Dahmer leaves to get liquor, and the boy has enough strength to get up and walk out of the apartment onto the street. Two girls see him naked, covered in blood and barely standing so they call the police.

The police get there and Dahmer shows up, he tells the police the 14 year old boy is his lover and they just had an argument so he stormed out naked. The Asian boy couldn't speak English and struggles to communicate with the cops, but the cops' racism & homophobia apparently made them ignore that and ignore the fact that he was covered in injuries, and that he was 14, and took him back to Dahmer's apartment. Right after they left Dahmer killed the boy. Dahmer said he heard them laughing about it and making homophobic jokes as they left.

I don't understand how alot of police officers get to their positions, shouldn't you at least have to be a little competent?
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 8/29/09

Yei wrote:

The case with Jeffery Dahmer (the serial killer) pissed me off more. He kidnapped a 14 year old Asian boy and had him drugged in his apartment and had already tortured and raped him. Then Dahmer leaves to get liquor, and the boy has enough strength to get up and walk out of the apartment onto the street. Two girls see him naked, covered in blood and barely standing so they call the police.

The police get there and Dahmer shows up, he tells the police the 14 year old boy is his lover and they just had an argument so he stormed out naked. The Asian boy couldn't speak English and struggles to communicate with the cops, but the cops' racism & homophobia apparently made them ignore that and ignore the fact that he was covered in injuries, and that he was 14, and took him back to Dahmer's apartment. Right after they left Dahmer killed the boy. Dahmer said he heard them laughing about it and making homophobic jokes as they left.

I don't understand how alot of police officers get to their positions, shouldn't you at least have to be a little competent?


Not really, hell half the dumbest people I knew in my school days became cops. Its like a job for the brain dead.

Posted 8/29/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:
Not really, hell half the dumbest people I knew in my school days became cops. Its like a job for the brain dead.
Is that a valid testimony from your personal experience? If so, is that you simply being "takes one to know one", when you also went to the same school with them?

Gotta love those blanket statement.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 8/29/09

DomFortress wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:
Not really, hell half the dumbest people I knew in my school days became cops. Its like a job for the brain dead.
Is that a valid testimony from your personal experience? If so, is that you simply being "takes one to know one", when you also went to the same school with them?

Gotta love those blanket statement.


'well wen you compare are grades, and what I made of my self, and what they are. I think you get the point.

But then wen a person drops out of school then gets there GED... in the next two years becomes a cop, yet if you talk to them, and talking about every day things still fly far over there heads. Than yes The cops I know are as dumb as a box of rocks. all 5 of them that I used to know from school, And it was not a bad school In the small town, it was ranked 6th in all of the schools in NY including the privet schools.
Its just seems to be that all the Failures in are school became cops. (hell I biggest druggies in that town both became cops.) Must be a lot easier to get there drugs if there cops.
Posted 8/29/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:'well wen you compare are grades, and what I made of my self, and what they are. I think you get the point.

But then wen a person drops out of school then gets there GED... in the next two years becomes a cop, yet if you talk to them, and talking about every day things still fly far over there heads. Than yes The cops I know are as dumb as a box of rocks. all 5 of them that I used to know from school, And it was not a bad school In the small town, it was ranked 6th in all of the schools in NY including the privet schools.
Its just seems to be that all the Failures in are school became cops. (hell I biggest druggies in that town both became cops.) Must be a lot easier to get there drugs if there cops.
I couldn't get your point, when I've no real mean to acquire your personal information such as your high school transcript.

But that's when I can't help but to notice your grammar mistakes. And while English is my second language, I am left with no choice but to take your statement with a good chunk of salt.

And if what you said is true, it's still hard to believe to be the fault of your fellow classmates turned NYPD officers for incompetence. When it's the NYPD administration that handled their applications and their subsequent enrollments.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 8/29/09

DomFortress wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:'well wen you compare are grades, and what I made of my self, and what they are. I think you get the point.

But then wen a person drops out of school then gets there GED... in the next two years becomes a cop, yet if you talk to them, and talking about every day things still fly far over there heads. Than yes The cops I know are as dumb as a box of rocks. all 5 of them that I used to know from school, And it was not a bad school In the small town, it was ranked 6th in all of the schools in NY including the privet schools.
Its just seems to be that all the Failures in are school became cops. (hell I biggest druggies in that town both became cops.) Must be a lot easier to get there drugs if there cops.
I couldn't get your point, when I've no real mean to acquire your personal information such as your high school transcript.

But that's when I can't help but to notice your grammar mistakes. And while English is my second language, I am left with no choice but to take your statement with a good chunk of salt.

And if what you said is true, it's still hard to believe to be the fault of your fellow classmates turned NYPD officers for incompetence. When it's the NYPD administration that handled their applications and their subsequent enrollments.


English is my third language most people know that, sorry I thought you already knew that. But then yes I am a little lazy wen it comes to typing everything out using proper grammar. I have a habit of typing things out the same way I talk. Have any Idea where Olean is?
If so that place alone has three half fried druggies that I know working for them.
4295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Youtube!
Offline
Posted 8/30/09
Thank God they seem a little more competent this side of the Atlantic.
I hear all sorts of shit going on in the US about how cops have been using too much force, have been bribed, what have you.
But you don't hear so much of it from the UK.
Though I personally do have a couple stories of excessive force...

My mate, Kim, was telling me this story of a party she'd been at one weekend, one of the girls there she knew passed out because she'd *forgotten to take her meds*. She hadn't even drank that much at this point anyway. So no one knew what to do so an ambulance was called and the police came along too (I guess it was a quiet night) but the cops got real pissed because they thought everyone was lying to them about the reason the girl passed out, she'd kinda regained consciousness by now and one of the officers wanted to haul her off to the station (underage drinking) because she was apparently okay. She was in no state to resist though, but the officer still felt the need to pull her up by her arm, so hard it dislodged and implant she'd had there.

Oh and I gotta friend the other side of the Irish Sea, you know.
He and his friend were out and drunk (ofcourse. They're Irish, what did you expect?) and a cop came over to tell them to quieten down cause there were people trying to sleep, so he caught my friend by the arm and says to him to calm his friends down. My friend says something like "alright officer..." and turns to go and talk to the group. But then he feels a huge THUMP on his back (I'm guessing from a baton) so hard it knocks him to the ground! And then the gaurda (name for the Irish police) just drive off without a word. Wiggy told me he was feeling that for days. He also told me he wasn't being cheeky... haha. Even if he was though, that was just too far.
Posted 8/30/09
Police just think they have an advantage just because they're cops.
Screw that.

10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/30/09 , edited 8/30/09
While I do think that police are normal people with power and that power typically corrupts the normal people, I think all and all we’re being unfair. People are upset because they can’t stand up against the police and so they start talking shit instead. Then again my father was a cop, so maybe I’m bias. On the more humorous, and horrifying, note: read this:

http://www.cracked.com/article_17150_5-horrifying-tales-911-incompetence.html


Tell me that doesn't make your blood boil with rage.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 8/31/09

SeraphAlford wrote:

While I do think that police are normal people with power and that power typically corrupts the normal people, I think all and all we’re being unfair. People are upset because they can’t stand up against the police and so they start talking shit instead. Then again my father was a cop, so maybe I’m bias. On the more humorous, and horrifying, note: read this:

http://www.cracked.com/article_17150_5-horrifying-tales-911-incompetence.html


Tell me that doesn't make your blood boil with rage.


Most my friends are Cops. I was a cop in the air force. yet I seem to have so little respect for the cops around the places I live. So unless I hate people that had the same job that I did, or the cops in the area are hated do to what there doing to what I used to be. Understand where I am coming from?
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/31/09 , edited 8/31/09

Sunnyxx wrote:

Thank God they seem a little more competent this side of the Atlantic.
I hear all sorts of shit going on in the US about how cops have been using too much force, have been bribed, what have you.
But you don't hear so much of it from the UK.
Though I personally do have a couple stories of excessive force.


I don’t think your cops are any more competent than our cops. I’m sure there are more cases of police abusing their power here than there are in the United Kingdom, but consider the colossal difference in population and land. We’re the third largest and third most populated country in the world. So, that means that we have to have more cops because we have to enforce the law over a larger geographical range and over more people. Naturally, more cops means more bad cops.

Also the United Kingdom’s media is famous for badgering America. I can say that I’ve lived in America all my life. While I’ve had encounter with police being douches there has never been a point where I or anyone I know has legitimately been abused by a police officer. Not one. half my family tree is African American. At least two of my relatives are gay. None of them has ever been beaten by the police.
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 8/31/09 , edited 8/31/09
Ah man such a sad and disturbing story and may God bless her and her family. Yea it is fustrating that the police didnt act on numerous tips and somebody should have reported him sooner the minute they spotted him with two kids because he is a registered offender. My question is he commit two crimes similar in the past why did they let this loonatic out? He learned absoultly nothing at all but my life a living hell for an 11 year old? Took away her child life and kept her isolated like a caged animal. Yes this police department has a lot to answer for and this should set an example for many police cases. Most of them see kidnapping as a done deal as the majority of cases the child ends up dead but this one was different. I believe the man who did the kidnapping and his psycho wife should be beaten 18 years everyday for the pain and suffering they cause this and her family. A life sentence and a quick death doesnt suite this crime.
4295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Youtube!
Offline
Posted 9/1/09

SeraphAlford wrote:

I don’t think your cops are any more competent than our cops. I’m sure there are more cases of police abusing their power here than there are in the United Kingdom, but consider the colossal difference in population and land. We’re the third largest and third most populated country in the world. So, that means that we have to have more cops because we have to enforce the law over a larger geographical range and over more people. Naturally, more cops means more bad cops.

Also the United Kingdom’s media is famous for badgering America. I can say that I’ve lived in America all my life. While I’ve had encounter with police being douches there has never been a point where I or anyone I know has legitimately been abused by a police officer. Not one. half my family tree is African American. At least two of my relatives are gay. None of them has ever been beaten by the police.


I believe I used the word "seem". xD
And I did think of the first point you made, but not the second. About the media. Do you think it's all part of a plan by the American government to make Europeans see the USA as big and scary and reduce immigration? Haha. Conspiracy theorys ftw.
But I as making the point of I rarely hear of it happening in the UK, even if it does happen (which, you're right, it does) the only case in the UK I've EVER heard of was the one where they mistook a guy for a terrorist and shot him dead.
I'd actually be quite interested in, if you come across any of these stories to maybe let me know?
As I said I don't often see them and I'm creepy in that I like reading interesting news haha (I have a BBC news feed on firefox and I check it like every day)
4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 9/2/09

Weapon-01 wrote:


Sure, they beat up and electrocute mentally disabled people, shoot old men in their beds, and generally violate our natural rights on a daily basis, but the police catch a lot of bad guys, right? Well, if the police do stop the bad guys from committing crimes, it’s only ever the dumbest and most obvious bad guys, because if there’s ever any actual investigative work involved, you can be sure the police aren’t up to the task.

If a difficult case ever is cracked by the police, it’s purely accidental, and the case of Jaycee Dugard is a perfect example.

Dugard was kidnapped by a known rapist, and was held by him for eighteen long years in his backyard. Garrido, the kidnapper, was a lifetime parolee, and never once during that time did anyone think it might be a good idea to poke around the back yard where Dugard’s rapist and kidnapper had constructed several makeshift buildings in which he kept Dugard and the two children he had fathered with her when she was a teenager.

Indeed, the police had been called to the house on more than one occasion, and once because “a neighbor had called 911 to report suspicious circumstances involving young children in the home’s backyard, and said Garrido was psychotic and had a sex addiction.” Did the police discover anything after this report? Nope, Garrido was apparently just too much of a criminal mastermind for the sheriff’s deputies.

This sort of monumental incompetence is business as usual for the police, of course, although they always promise changes. And, most ironic and almost comical is the fact that while some people are being arrested for taking pictures of breastfeeding children, it is apparently not too difficult to keep a sex slave in the back yard.


wow...this entire thread is being unfair to the policemen. Now, although im quoting u, this really goes to the entire thread.

Cops are generally hated by the public. ironicly when something goes wrong, the cops are the firsts people the public turns to.
What we must remember is that cops r human as well.So they DO make human mistakes. Why do we have to place them on some high pedastal?Arent they normal people with a job? Somebody has to enforce the laws.

and u have no idea how stressful being a cop can be, especially when your naturally hated by the public on your first day on the job.
Police simply enforce SOME of the laws. It if u dont like the laws, change yur government.

That being said, power does currupt, but please be reminded that policemen risks thier lives everyday, dealing with criminals ranging from insane to highly intelligent. They r always being told they r imcompetent, and being pulled on prank calls. They drive around in cars all day doing absolutly nothing.MOst cops simply do paper work, and the job doesnt pay well and there is little action involved if any at all.
They cant tell WHO is going to start shooting when they pulled people over. ITs hard to tell which call, isnt a prank call.

And the public doesnt make thier job any easier. With all of our domestic violence, petty arguments, and reckless driving.We call 911 for everything little issue.

So please cut them some slack, they arnt perfect, they r just like us, they can be good/bad/ or down right crazy.At leasts civialians dont have the press barking up and down thier asses everytime they make a small slip up.Police have a hard job, so before calling them all a bunch of idiots that dont know what thier doing, at leasts thank them for the time they put in to make your society safe.Peace over war
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.