First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Why do people join Gangs?
Posted 9/2/09
I do not know why there are gangs around the world, but that is the same question as:

Why are there dictators? Why are there pirates? Why are there burglars? Why are there neo-nazi members? Why are there gangsta?


Remember, it is easy to be "bad" than "good". Not following rules. littering, trash talk, and more are bad. Trying to keep yourself from talking trash, punch someone, follow every rules can be difficult.

Even being rude to someone because their grammars (and my grammar) suck is being "Bad". Some people told me my grammar is bad, but what should I learn from their message? "Oh your grammar is bad," and that should make me talk/type better, or to hurt my feeling? No because I know that my grammar is bad and I am ashamed how I am not 90%+ good with English. What is better, is to at least give some correction, or don't talk to them about their grammars.

Back on topic, I think there are several reasons why people join gang members.

#1: They are [email protected], no nothing, ignorant, stereotype people - Hard to be good, but easy to be bad. They must of face hatred every time, that they choose to hate everyone and start their own gang. I guess they weren't smart enough to defend their self from conflict, but instead they engage in more conflict

#2: They need "Backups/Friends," Bad people may have feelings, and if they feel defenseless or lonely they might join gangs. The word, "gangs," may referred as, "Group of people who will back each other".

If you want to try, try this - Don't go on the computer and chat, don't chat on your cellphone (unless emergency or family business), don't go outside with your friends; In fact, just watch movie or tv by yourself for 3 Days. Are you able enough to stay, "Isolated," for 3 Days, or you have a feeling that you want to chat?


--- Although its the only "bad example" I can make, Many people felt that they need to stick with someone. When we have friends, we talk in a group right? What happen if a group of friends are bad friends?

Gang help each other, that mean they will steal stuff (With or without plants) and they work together.

#3: Race, Because of propaganda, news, and many hatreds on each other race, several people felt that they are defenseless and threaten. You will later found groups of Asian race, groups of Blacks race, groups of White race, and more. I heard here in California, in the past history the biggest gang were Mexican.


Well that is all I can type. I can fill in more, but I need specific questions. If I'm wrong or mistaken on something then feel free to criticize, but make sure not to criticize me with stupid message, like "All Whites look down on Asians," "Asians are smart," etc. etc.



17397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Im Lost
Offline
Posted 9/2/09
some kind of identity crisis or some people think its cool joining these "thugs"
44 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / t.dot
Offline
Posted 9/3/09
they wanna be cool
and sometimes, it can be family problems.
866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Los Angeles, Cali...
Offline
Posted 9/3/09
some reasons is because they dont have any love from anyone so they go to the thing they know they can get respect and love
Posted 9/3/09
bcoz their life is messed up
and the want to do something
with their life??
idk...hmm
Posted 9/3/09 , edited 9/3/09
disco_qu33n
Fervency
bio-rhythm

Attacking someone for their intelligence just because you don’t agree with what they have to say is unnecessary. Also, this is a public forum, which means anyone can reply to your comments. Frankly, none of you were making sense in your argument and shouldn’t continue. You’re disrupting the thread, so take it to PM if you find it that important.

Next time, contact a mod if you have a problem with another user.

So...
~Thread Posts Deleted

And let's get back on topic.
Posted 9/3/09
There's no one specific reason why people join gangs. Most likely it's for nearly the same reasons why somebody would join the military, a club or clique at a school, or even become a police officer. From obtaining something "concrete" like money to fufilling something intangible such as acceptance or sense of belonging. We all live a life full of suffering and we do what we can to ease it. For some people the only way to stop it is by joining a gang. Others do it because they feel rejected by society and their loved ones... if they even have any. In the end the question "Why?" never amounts to anything and rarely does it solve the problem. Dont question it, intstead learn to accept thats its just another thing a lot of people do
1194 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / "place emo quote...
Offline
Posted 9/3/09
Because they can't fight for themselves and need help from other insecure people
1545 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / London, UK
Offline
Posted 9/3/09
It must be all that oppurtunity gang life has to offer....yeh thats it
Posted 9/4/09

minwoo503 wrote:


blu3ros3 wrote:


minwoo503 wrote:

I'm sure it's peer pressure, wanting to be cool, needing back-up, and just wanting to have pride in something. I have lots of cousins who are in gangs, and they said it's showing their pride. I'm like "What PRIDE?!?!?"


yeah i no tat...but im looking more of a y in why the hell would u do tat...
like y the hell...would u do tat...ITS JUST GONNA RUIN UR PRIDE...
besides UR GONNA DISGRACE UR FAMILY...but watever let them do wat they want...it's their choice so i cant stop them
and u might end up dead...and EVEN leave ur love ones behind...it's like war...a bloody massacre


Maybe some people are curious. They might think "Oh, joining a gang is just having friends and partying hard." But then when it gets crazy... there's no way to back out. I'd say curiosity, also.


yeah...i guess.....im curious.....im easily amazed too....it's weird but true lol....
Posted 9/4/09

bio-rhythm wrote:


blu3ros3 wrote:


bio-rhythm wrote:


blu3ros3 wrote:


bio-rhythm wrote:

fuck joining a gang, being a gang leader is a cooler


if ur the gang leader...they would want ur head more...


If your a proficient gang leader, you can protect yourself from the people who want your head by either using your oh-so-loyal subordinates for protection, or by using your skills which got you those subordinates in the first place.


but still joining...a gang is a life and death situation...ur either alive, unconscious, or plain drop dead


Survival of the fittest then.

Anyways, people can live their lives the way they want to. If they want to live a life or death life, by all means, they can go for it.


true...but they're going to hav lots of regrets for the rest of their lives...sad but true in a way...
Posted 9/4/09
i wonder how it would feel to be in a gang?
would i be happy? would i be sad? would i kill someone? would i watch someone die b4 my VERY eyes?
would i be bad or would i be good? should i rob tat dude? should i join a gang?
should i save tat person or not? etc....too many choices.....to little time.......to many ppl to try and save or even kill....

wat if u only had one option in life and tat would be to join a gang?
how would u feel....if they made u do something u didnt want to do like: killing boi/girl....wat would u do then....wat would I do...idk wat i would do...it's weird but i dont...i wish i knew but i dont.....besides the future is unpredicable.....but history does repeats it self....so wat kind of history do i have?.....weird but true wat kind of history do i have?

sorry for being off topic....but yeah.....i got carried away sorry....

when im curious i start to question life...idk but i easily get curious it weird...
Posted 9/4/09

jvz05 wrote:


blu3ros3 wrote:


jvz05 wrote:

I bet most of the ones you met were just some pussy posers who wanted to look "cool" . Oh please >_>


no...the story i heard led to a fucken death...
and no the ones i no are real as day light...they bang for sure...


So you just a heard a story about how some teens who "supposedly" killed someone?
Here's some advice, don't believe what everyone tells you >_>

I'm not going to talk about people I don't even know. But I think they are still posers, like any other teen out there who thinks they're all that.
But hey, if you believe them, then whatever. To each their own.


sorry if im sounding like im arugueing and stuff.....
but......tat story was true....becuz it happened to one of my relatives......all becuz of gang related stuff
RIP.....T_T sad but he died becuz of something like tat....
24848 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / Tachi trapped in...
Offline
Posted 9/4/09
one of the reasons that I observes is that they join gangs coz they're bored......
507 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 10/11/09
The most common reasons of why someone wants to join a gang is: power, status, money, 'because they think its cool', or for protection.
If someone needs to provide for their family, they would join a gang for either money or protection, or in some cases, both. There are some punks out there who see older people walking around with that look in their eyes, and suddenly they wanna be just like them. So they join the gang because they think its cool.
An outcast could grow tired of being shunned, and therefore make the decision of joining a gang for power and status, so that he could finally be noticed.
This is all my opinion. I mean, I don't really care much for gangs, so I wouldn't really know what other people would think about this.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.