First  Prev  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  Next  Last
Fur is murder "debate"
2119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / southern ontario
Offline
Posted 1/6/08
Wow, as I have said in prior posts, have any of you people EVER BEEN TO A FUR FARM BEFORE? Do you have any idea of what goes on there?

If the answer is no then shut up.
1200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / sydney, australia
Offline
Posted 1/6/08

siththomas wrote:


applexshampoo wrote:


siththomas wrote:


applexshampoo wrote:


siththomas wrote:

Putting a small cute little animal is a wrong way to approach it, it's called sensationalism. I could post the same topic with a bear eating a human and I'm pretty sure it would have a different effect the posts. It is also not murder. Murder is unlawful killing of a being. I don't think fur is a bad thing, it helps the animal population stay where it should be.


how much do you really know on this subject? how many animals have been wiped out by the fur trade? and what impacts has that had on our ecosystem?

How about answering your own question because you're most likely asking questions that you're not able to answer yourself.



i could but that wouldn't prove on how much you know on this subject. you want to spout a bunch of bullshit then back it up.

i'm a vegan and also a keen advocate of animal rights, i know these answers but i want to see if you do. with out looking it up would also be very nice



Bullshit? Now how would it be bullshit? It does have a bad effect on the ecosystem it can lead to species extinction. Yes some killing is bad, it is only bad if you kill too much.


just as i thought you base your idea on nothing
5175 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Amurka
Offline
Posted 1/6/08

MidnightTide wrote:

Wow, as I have said in prior posts, have any of you people EVER BEEN TO A FUR FARM BEFORE? Do you have any idea of what goes on there?

If the answer is no then shut up.


No I have not been to a fur farm. Have you? I have seen documentaries on fur and animals. A lot of bad things happen yes. But the thing is they only show the bad things in those videos. Yet again another act of sensationalism.
Posted 1/6/08

applexshampoo wrote:


blablabla9876 wrote:

does it matter? its just fur. god damn animal rights activists


yes it does matter, because believe it or not we share out home with them! they have a great impact on our planet. how stupid are you?


I don't see animal being slaughtered left and right where I live. So yeah doesn't matter to me and it doesn't impact the way I live. Also do you support PETA?
1200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / sydney, australia
Offline
Posted 1/6/08

siththomas wrote:


applexshampoo wrote:


blablabla9876 wrote:

does it matter? its just fur. god damn animal rights activists


yes it does matter, because believe it or not we share out home with them! they have a great impact on our planet. how stupid are you?


You're are making claims such as "they have a great impact on our planet" etc. Yes that is true but you have done nothing to support your argument now have you?


neither have you. the information is accessible and if you PM me i'll be more the happy to point you in the right direction but me posting statistics for you to just over look and continue on with your life isn't going to support anything
1736 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 1/6/08

applexshampoo wrote:


blablabla9876 wrote:

does it matter? its just fur. god damn animal rights activists


yes it does matter, because believe it or not we share out home with them! they have a great impact on our planet. how stupid are you?



the elimination of one species or even a few isn't a big deal. thousands upon thousands ofspecies have come and gone. the environment has an equilibrium that will moderate itself.
5175 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Amurka
Offline
Posted 1/6/08

applexshampoo wrote:


siththomas wrote:


applexshampoo wrote:


blablabla9876 wrote:

does it matter? its just fur. god damn animal rights activists


yes it does matter, because believe it or not we share out home with them! they have a great impact on our planet. how stupid are you?


You're are making claims such as "they have a great impact on our planet" etc. Yes that is true but you have done nothing to support your argument now have you?


neither have you. the information is accessible and if you PM me i'll be more the happy to point you in the right direction but me posting statistics for you to just over look and continue on with your life isn't going to support anything


I have done more than enough to support my argument. You don't want to post statistics because you have no statistics or they are probably made up or googled. You have nothing to support your argument all you're doing is making fallacious attacks on others. Now pointing me in the right direction do you mean animal activist direction? If that is the "right" direction I will have to decline. I am by no means an animal activist.
1200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / sydney, australia
Offline
Posted 1/6/08

blablabla9876 wrote:


applexshampoo wrote:


blablabla9876 wrote:

does it matter? its just fur. god damn animal rights activists


yes it does matter, because believe it or not we share out home with them! they have a great impact on our planet. how stupid are you?


I don't see animal being slaughtered left and right where I live. So yeah doesn't matter to me and it doesn't impact the way I live. Also do you support PETA?


yeah, you don't see the war in the middle east either yet it is effecting the whole world! no, i believe peta is too neutral in the subject
2119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / southern ontario
Offline
Posted 1/6/08

siththomas wrote:


MidnightTide wrote:

Wow, as I have said in prior posts, have any of you people EVER BEEN TO A FUR FARM BEFORE? Do you have any idea of what goes on there?

If the answer is no then shut up.


No I have not been to a fur farm. Have you? I have seen documentaries on fur and animals. A lot of bad things happen yes. But the thing is they only show the bad things in those videos. Yet again another act of sensationalism.


Yes I have, I have a MSc in Agriculture and Biology. Been and worked on a fur farm (foxes and mink)

Many of the workers there care about the animals, and try to make their life as good as it can be. The animals are killed as humanly as possible - the mink are killed by carbon monoxide and foxes are electrocuted (both species have a low tolerance to these methods and die very quickly).

and yes those vidoes are just sensationalism - it may happen, but hell, a lot of terrible things happen in this world.

Many of the people who are commenting in this thread have likely never been to a farm in their life, and have no clue about where their food comes from.

706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Dublin, Ireland
Offline
Posted 1/6/08

andthisismyusername wrote:


applexshampoo wrote:


blablabla9876 wrote:

does it matter? its just fur. god damn animal rights activists


yes it does matter, because believe it or not we share out home with them! they have a great impact on our planet. how stupid are you?



the elimination of one species or even a few isn't a big deal. thousands upon thousands ofspecies have come and gone. the environment has an equilibrium that will moderate itself.


Not when Humans screw it up. The environment won't just keep pumping out squirrels just because we need fur jackets.

Anyway, I don't care. Humans should just kill off a bunch of the species that way humans will die off. All of us humans are just stupid anyway.
5175 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Amurka
Offline
Posted 1/6/08

MidnightTide wrote:


siththomas wrote:


MidnightTide wrote:

Wow, as I have said in prior posts, have any of you people EVER BEEN TO A FUR FARM BEFORE? Do you have any idea of what goes on there?

If the answer is no then shut up.


No I have not been to a fur farm. Have you? I have seen documentaries on fur and animals. A lot of bad things happen yes. But the thing is they only show the bad things in those videos. Yet again another act of sensationalism.


Yes I have, I have a MSc in Agriculture and Biology. Been and worked on a fur farm (foxes and mink)

Many of the workers there care about the animals, and try to make their life as good as it can be. The animals are killed as humanly as possible - the mink are killed by carbon monoxide and foxes are electrocuted (both species have a low tolerance to these methods and die very quickly).

and yes those vidoes are just sensationalism - it may happen, but hell, a lot of terrible things happen in this world.

Many of the people who are commenting in this thread have likely never been to a farm in their life, and have no clue about where their food comes from.



Yes people only point out the bad things on this topic. There are good and bad things on every topic.
5175 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Amurka
Offline
Posted 1/6/08

applexshampoo wrote:


blablabla9876 wrote:


applexshampoo wrote:


blablabla9876 wrote:

does it matter? its just fur. god damn animal rights activists


yes it does matter, because believe it or not we share out home with them! they have a great impact on our planet. how stupid are you?


I don't see animal being slaughtered left and right where I live. So yeah doesn't matter to me and it doesn't impact the way I live. Also do you support PETA?


yeah, you don't see the war in the middle east either yet it is effecting the whole world! no, i believe peta is too neutral in the subject


You're comparing the war in the middle east to fur coats. You've got to be kidding me it is nothing alike.
1200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / sydney, australia
Offline
Posted 1/6/08

siththomas wrote:


applexshampoo wrote:


siththomas wrote:


applexshampoo wrote:


blablabla9876 wrote:

does it matter? its just fur. god damn animal rights activists


yes it does matter, because believe it or not we share out home with them! they have a great impact on our planet. how stupid are you?


You're are making claims such as "they have a great impact on our planet" etc. Yes that is true but you have done nothing to support your argument now have you?


neither have you. the information is accessible and if you PM me i'll be more the happy to point you in the right direction but me posting statistics for you to just over look and continue on with your life isn't going to support anything


I have done more than enough to support my argument. You don't want to post statistics because you have no statistics or they are probably made up or googled. You have nothing to support your argument all you're doing is making fallacious attacks on others. Now pointing me in the right direction do you mean animal activist direction? If that is the "right" direction I will have to decline. I am by no means an animal activist.


please show me the support of your argument? i don't see it anywhere, show me that the fur trade doesn't have a big enough effect for it to be dismantled.

killing too much is bad, thats about all you've said so far..

if you want to know the negitive effect the fur trade has i can provide the information if you want to decline then shut the fuck up about something you obivously don't know or want to know about

that's all i'm saying
1200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / sydney, australia
Offline
Posted 1/6/08

siththomas wrote:


applexshampoo wrote:


blablabla9876 wrote:


applexshampoo wrote:


blablabla9876 wrote:

does it matter? its just fur. god damn animal rights activists


yes it does matter, because believe it or not we share out home with them! they have a great impact on our planet. how stupid are you?


I don't see animal being slaughtered left and right where I live. So yeah doesn't matter to me and it doesn't impact the way I live. Also do you support PETA?


yeah, you don't see the war in the middle east either yet it is effecting the whole world! no, i believe peta is too neutral in the subject


You're comparing the war in the middle east to fur coats. You've got to be kidding me it is nothing alike.


the middle east war dictates oil prices, the animal exploitation trade dictates food and clothing prices

it effects your everyday life but you don't see arabs dying left and right from you just as you don't see animals dying left and right from you

this is the connection i'm making
722 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/6/08
in certain respects, fur is technically murder. after all, you sometimes gotta kill the animal to get its fur. but iono about wool or leather........
First  Prev  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.