First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Chinese Mass Wedding On 09-09-2009.
663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 9/9/09
09-09-2009 is an aupicious wedding date for the chinese?

In short it stand for 999...which means longetivty in chinese(correct me if i am wrong).
mass wedding of chinese couple on this day..hoping that their wedding will last [/b
]"Forever"

Is this some sort of chinese culture?

i also know that the number 8 is an aupicious number for the chinese..what does 8 stand for?
Posted 9/9/09
whoa..so sweet.

yup..think its their culture.
Posted 9/9/09
ohhh....no wonder my chinese lecturer when to register for her wedding yeasterday...haha ..now i know why.
Posted 9/9/09
anyway..thx for the info
593 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / sf
Offline
Posted 9/9/09
9 sounds like 久, which means lasting a long time
8 sounds like 发 , which means to get rich
Posted 9/10/09

won9823 wrote:

9 sounds like 久, which means lasting a long time
8 sounds like 发 , which means to get rich


ohhh .. ic.
wat about 4?
i think its something bad.
Posted 9/10/09
10-10-10 is even better for wedding !
haha
593 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / sf
Offline
Posted 9/11/09
4 sounds like 死, means to die or death
326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F
Offline
Posted 9/13/09

dreamnews wrote:

10-10-10 is even better for wedding !
haha


yea..agree!..haha
4032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / New York
Offline
Posted 10/11/09 , edited 10/11/09

dreamnews wrote:

10-10-10 is even better for wedding !
haha


Why is 10-10-10 better?
Actually in Chinese 10 sounds more like death than 4...
10 = 十(shi) & death = 死(si)...
Posted 4/7/10

swtcakes wrote:


dreamnews wrote:

10-10-10 is even better for wedding !
haha


Why is 10-10-10 better?
Actually in Chinese 10 sounds more like death than 4...
10 = 十(shi) & death = 死(si)...


no ..in english..it sounds like the wedding song.
4032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / New York
Offline
Posted 4/7/10 , edited 4/7/10

dreamnews wrote:

no ..in english..it sounds like the wedding song.


Oh lol, I didn't realize xD haha


ilov_kenny wrote:

09-09-2009 is an aupicious wedding date for the chinese?

In short it stand for 999...which means longetivty in chinese(correct me if i am wrong).
mass wedding of chinese couple on this day..hoping that their wedding will last [/b
]"Forever"

Is this some sort of chinese culture?

i also know that the number 8 is an aupicious number for the chinese..what does 8 stand for?


It's not much culture as it is superstition? (I think).
You're right, 999 sounds like longevity in Chinese.
Because 9 = jiu & long (time wise) = jiu also. Notice the same pronunciation xD haha.

As for 8, it sounds like "get rich"? haha.
8 = ba & get rich = fa
663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 4/7/10

swtcakes wrote:


dreamnews wrote:

no ..in english..it sounds like the wedding song.


Oh lol, I didn't realize xD haha


ilov_kenny wrote:

09-09-2009 is an aupicious wedding date for the chinese?

In short it stand for 999...which means longetivty in chinese(correct me if i am wrong).
mass wedding of chinese couple on this day..hoping that their wedding will last [/b
]"Forever"

Is this some sort of chinese culture?

i also know that the number 8 is an aupicious number for the chinese..what does 8 stand for?


It's not much culture as it is superstition? (I think).
You're right, 999 sounds like longevity in Chinese.
Because 9 = jiu & long (time wise) = jiu also. Notice the same pronunciation xD haha.

As for 8, it sounds like "get rich"? haha.
8 = ba & get rich = fa


ohh i see..thxs for the info ! ;)
what about 555?
4032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / New York
Offline
Posted 4/8/10

ilov_kenny wrote:

ohh i see..thxs for the info ! ;)
what about 555?


Hm... I don't know about 555...
5 = Wu in Chinese... and to me, it just sounds like 無 (Wu) = nothing / lack of.
I don't think 555 is a good date xD lol
Unless I am not thinking of the correct word =P
Posted 4/8/10

swtcakes wrote:


ilov_kenny wrote:

ohh i see..thxs for the info ! ;)
what about 555?


Hm... I don't know about 555...
5 = Wu in Chinese... and to me, it just sounds like 無 (Wu) = nothing / lack of.
I don't think 555 is a good date xD lol
Unless I am not thinking of the correct word =P


555 sounds like crying .
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.