32 and 33 subbed!
Posted 9/12/09 , edited 9/12/09

NetSage wrote:

Staticsubs has released 32 + 33. Just search static subs in google and you'll find it right away
A wasted effort, for now there's no need to watch Erin on CR. And you're welcome.
71434 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Wisconsin, United...
Offline
Posted 9/12/09
Umm what?
Posted 9/13/09

NetSage wrote:

Umm what?
Exactly are you doing. When you're leaking information about illegal anime download and streaming, on a legal anime streaming site.
71434 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Wisconsin, United...
Offline
Posted 9/13/09
No, I'm letting people know who want to watch the Simulcasts without skipping episodes.

I paid for anime membership so don't pull that illegal crap with me. I watched as much I could at crunchroll. But, well what's the point of having simulcasts if you have to wait weeks before you can even watch them without skipping?
Posted 9/14/09

NetSage wrote:

No, I'm letting people know who want to watch the Simulcasts without skipping episodes.

I paid for anime membership so don't pull that illegal crap with me. I watched as much I could at crunchroll. But, well what's the point of having simulcasts if you have to wait weeks before you can even watch them without skipping?
And watching illegal downloads and streaming is your answer? Or do you just don't understand the concept of content control from the original content providers? Perhaps you are one of those that lack self-control, and people like you would offset the balance of the supply and demand of anime market?

No, you never thought as deep. Instead by your ignorance, you justified your greed to consume. Not to mention you managed to be inconsiderate toward the original creators' thoughts and feelings, when you don't even give yourself time to think about what you've just watched.

Therefore it's people like you that illegal downloading and streaming of Erin fansubs still exist. When Erin fansubs are supplied by ignorant people, while demanded by others just as ignorant.
71434 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Wisconsin, United...
Offline
Posted 9/14/09
No, I discovered Erin on Crunchyroll watched the episodes available to me at the time. And, since I knew there would simulcasts I wanted to catch up so I could watch the newest episode on crunchyroll every week. And, they don't make any more money from me watching them on here since I paid for anime membership so the videos are ad free for me anyway.

What's the point of being able to watch it the same time/day as the people in japan if you have to skip 30 episodes to do so?

I don't support illegal fansubs but well crunchyroll used to be full of them. Hell without fansubs crunchyroll would never probably have became popular in the beginning. And, well what about all the series crunchyroll doesn't carry? Should people not be able to enjoy those in their native language? I'm sure many people don't do it just because it's free but because there isn't an alternative other than waiting months, years, or possibly forever for a dvd to come out with subs.

So just shut up, what makes you so much better than me? Hell I even paid the day crunchyroll started anime membership as I did want to support them. I could easily have continued to get my fix a various series through fansubs but I didn't .

The only reason I posted this was so I could continue to get my fix of Erin every week like I should. If crunchyroll is going to start series in the middle shouldn't they think about people who want to watch the brand new episode everyweek? I mean what's the point of if you have to skip have the anime to take advantage of what CR is offering you?

So no I'm not ignorant. I just want to watch the latest episodes on CR. And, well since CR didn't offer the middle ground I used an alternative until I caught up. If CR was smart they would have put the whole series up right away. But, well that's not possible I have a feeling as the videos had be subbed.
Posted 9/14/09 , edited 9/14/09

NetSage wrote:

No, I discovered Erin on Crunchyroll watched the episodes available to me at the time. And, since I knew there would simulcasts I wanted to catch up so I could watch the newest episode on crunchyroll every week. And, they don't make any more money from me watching them on here since I paid for anime membership so the videos are ad free for me anyway.

What's the point of being able to watch it the same time/day as the people in japan if you have to skip 30 episodes to do so?

I don't support illegal fansubs but well crunchyroll used to be full of them. Hell without fansubs crunchyroll would never probably have became popular in the beginning. And, well what about all the series crunchyroll doesn't carry? Should people not be able to enjoy those in their native language? I'm sure many people don't do it just because it's free but because there isn't an alternative other than waiting months, years, or possibly forever for a dvd to come out with subs.

So just shut up, what makes you so much better than me? Hell I even paid the day crunchyroll started anime membership as I did want to support them. I could easily have continued to get my fix a various series through fansubs but I didn't .

The only reason I posted this was so I could continue to get my fix of Erin every week like I should. If crunchyroll is going to start series in the middle shouldn't they think about people who want to watch the brand new episode everyweek? I mean what's the point of if you have to skip have the anime to take advantage of what CR is offering you?

So no I'm not ignorant. I just want to watch the latest episodes on CR. And, well since CR didn't offer the middle ground I used an alternative until I caught up. If CR was smart they would have put the whole series up right away. But, well that's not possible I have a feeling as the videos had be subbed.
So in order for you to "get my fix of Erin every week like I should", you are openly advertising illegal downloading and streaming of anime, on a legal streaming site that you paid for? What the hell is wrong with you?

In the mean time, I'll wait for the official R1 DVD of Erin with proper localization of both English dub and sub.
Member
55857 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/16/09 , edited 9/16/09
If you will permit me, a small segway on this topic:

I will have to admit that I'm sometimes saddened when CR gains the license of an anime ("in the wild" unlicensed State-side) for a couple of reasons:

1. CR's translation quality is poor at best. Where as for fansub groups, they tend to provide a passion in subbing that can't be matched by a minimum wage translator.

2. CR often picks up a series in the middle, sometimes resulting in a large gap between what fans have seen and what is available on line at CR. Case in point: Hanasakeru Seishonen is licensed by CR. The fansubbers drop HanaSei, either because of legal or interest.

CR begins by releasing episode 1 and episode 16 of HanaSei. Slowly they fill in from episode one while adding the new releases. The problem is that all the subbers stopped at episode 12. This left a 3 episode GAP that generated a good bit of frustration. I posted several times on this because I shared that frustration, big time.

CR being the licensee of the anime is not under any obligation to do anything than what they were doing. However, after a couple of months they FINALLY decided to back fill the 3 episode gap for those who had followed Hanasakeru Seishonen originally. Did they have to? No. But would it have been better customer service to consider that issue... yep.

Because of how CR handled the Hanasakeru Seishonen series I decided to not be a paying member at this time. I'm certain I'll eventually will be paying for membership, but I'm still a little frustrated with how this was handled.

I commend CR for all that it has accomplished, I'm impressed that they were able to find some deep pockets so that they could make the jump from run of the mill fansub site to legit licencee holder of anime series. I wish them continued success, but I will always be a strong supporter of fansubbers in the wild.

~td99
Posted 9/16/09

tripperdan99 wrote:

If you will permit me, a small segway on this topic:

I will have to admit that I'm sometimes saddened when CR gains the license of an anime ("in the wild" unlicensed State-side) for a couple of reasons:

1. CR's translation quality is poor at best. Where as for fansub groups, they tend to provide a passion in subbing that can't be matched by a minimum wage translator.

2. CR often picks up a series in the middle, sometimes resulting in a large gap between what fans have seen and what is available on line at CR. Case in point: Hanasakeru Seishonen is licensed by CR. The fansubbers drop HanaSei, either because of legal or interest.

CR begins by releasing episode 1 and episode 16 of HanaSei. Slowly they fill in from episode one while adding the new releases. The problem is that all the subbers stopped at episode 12. This left a 3 episode GAP that generated a good bit of frustration. I posted several times on this because I shared that frustration, big time.

CR being the licensee of the anime is not under any obligation to do anything than what they were doing. However, after a couple of months they FINALLY decided to back fill the 3 episode gap for those who had followed Hanasakeru Seishonen originally. Did they have to? No. But would it have been better customer service to consider that issue... yep.

Because of how CR handled the Hanasakeru Seishonen series I decided to not be a paying member at this time. I'm certain I'll eventually will be paying for membership, but I'm still a little frustrated with how this was handled.

I commend CR for all that it has accomplished, I'm impressed that they were able to find some deep pockets so that they could make the jump from run of the mill fansub site to legit licencee holder of anime series. I wish them continued success, but I will always be a strong supporter of fansubbers in the wild.

~td99
I only use CR as a gateway for me to sample what I eventually will end up collecting in official medium, when I don't even consider fansubs to be the answer of my anime sampling habit nor a mean to end my collection.

As a seasoned anime fan of 25 years, I'm very selective when it comes to my collection. You can say that it's my way of showing my respect and support to those who created the stories that I like, using anime as a medium. However, I don't support a lot of what the Japanese anime industry are doing with their anime as of late: http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-558594/japan-anime-media-market-shunk-by-10/
Member
55857 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/17/09

DomFortress I only use CR as a gateway for me to sample what I eventually will end up collecting in official medium, when I don't even consider fansubs to be the answer of my anime sampling habit nor a mean to end my collection.

As a seasoned anime fan of 25 years, I'm very selective when it comes to my collection. You can say that it's my way of showing my respect and support to those who created the stories that I like, using anime as a medium. However, I don't support a lot of what the Japanese anime industry are doing with their anime as of late: http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-558594/japan-anime-media-market-shunk-by-10/


I won't get into a "who's been watching anime the longest" match, but lets just say back in the days of the C-band 12foot satellite dishes, as an electronics tech, I use to maneuver the big dishes to grab raw feeds from the land of the rising sun (this was long before encryption was used). And like Jeremiah was a Bullfrog, I never understood a single word they said, but I really liked what I saw. However, I will gladly surrender the Ojisan title to you. :)

My challenge with the industry is that I really do not like most of, if not ALL, of the "official medium" that I can get in the States (save some of the work by Disney on Studio Ghibli's productions). I'm sorry, but English VA makes my skin craw. And I most often find the official subs very lacking also. The exception is normally the mangas that I get.

Another big challenge is censorship due to cultural differences or some other excuse. This includes changing the script from the original. Examples like the ending of Whispers of the Heart (which I own and also have the fansub). The original is that they propose to each other... official version.. naw can't have that... they date. Scenes where the beverage the kids drink in the original is coffee but they change it to hot cocoa or tea. Small things, but things that tick me off because I want it the way it was done Originally! It is the edginess of the cultural differences in anime that appeals to me, take that away and it's just a cartoon.

Then there is the translation. So much is lost, especially when you have a licencee that is, for all intents and purposes,half-ass in their work. Take Kanon for example. There is a wonderful scene where Yuichi and Ayu are sitting on a bench and Yuichi engages Ayu in a word game. The fansubs provided an accurate translation assisted with TL notes to help the viewer understand the scope of what was going on. The English VA version was awful and stupid at best that really meant nothing to the story line. It totally removed any enjoyment of the anime that was there from the original sub.

If I really like an anime not licensed state side but it does becomes licensed, I will endeavor to purchase the series (or manga). Like now, we are getting all of the Skip Beat mangas. (Really hoping for a follow-up season!!). The challenge here, if you can see my point, is that with CR licensing titles, it will probably mean that there will not be official media releases unless a state side company takes it up. How is that suppose to work in this model? It does offer some things to consider.

In business, "No Margin, No Mission" and as a business owner I'm sensitive to the struggle. My challenge is that official medium fails to even interest me (except for banners, figurines and mangas) and my grasp of Japanese prevents me from ordering the raw product from Japan. As the link to the anime industry post, I look forward to going through it. I see your point, however, many factors contribute even when there appears to be a clear primary influence.

~td99

VA - Voice Acting
TL - Translator
C-Band .. the original frequency used in consumer satellite to earth broadcast. The frequency required very large parabolic dish to properly capture and focus the beams. Later came the Ku band that permitted smaller and more compact disk. Also Dishes of this era had motorized axis that permitted alignment to multiple satellites stationed in the sky.
CR - Crunchyroll.com
Posted 9/17/09 , edited 9/17/09

tripperdan99 wrote:I won't get into a "who's been watching anime the longest" match, but lets just say back in the days of the C-band 12foot satellite dishes, as an electronics tech, I use to maneuver the big dishes to grab raw feeds from the land of the rising sun (this was long before encryption was used). And like Jeremiah was a Bullfrog, I never understood a single word they said, but I really liked what I saw. However, I will gladly surrender the Ojisan title to you. :)

My challenge with the industry is that I really do not like most of, if not ALL, of the "official medium" that I can get in the States (save some of the work by Disney on Studio Ghibli's productions). I'm sorry, but English VA makes my skin craw. And I most often find the official subs very lacking also. The exception is normally the mangas that I get.

Another big challenge is censorship due to cultural differences or some other excuse. This includes changing the script from the original. Examples like the ending of Whispers of the Heart (which I own and also have the fansub). The original is that they propose to each other... official version.. naw can't have that... they date. Scenes where the beverage the kids drink in the original is coffee but they change it to hot cocoa or tea. Small things, but things that tick me off because I want it the way it was done Originally! It is the edginess of the cultural differences in anime that appeals to me, take that away and it's just a cartoon.

Then there is the translation. So much is lost, especially when you have a licencee that is, for all intents and purposes,half-ass in their work. Take Kanon for example. There is a wonderful scene where Yuichi and Ayu are sitting on a bench and Yuichi engages Ayu in a word game. The fansubs provided an accurate translation assisted with TL notes to help the viewer understand the scope of what was going on. The English VA version was awful and stupid at best that really meant nothing to the story line. It totally removed any enjoyment of the anime that was there from the original sub.

If I really like an anime not licensed state side but it does becomes licensed, I will endeavor to purchase the series (or manga). Like now, we are getting all of the Skip Beat mangas. (Really hoping for a follow-up season!!). The challenge here, if you can see my point, is that with CR licensing titles, it will probably mean that there will not be official media releases unless a state side company takes it up. How is that suppose to work in this model? It does offer some things to consider.

In business, "No Margin, No Mission" and as a business owner I'm sensitive to the struggle. My challenge is that official medium fails to even interest me (except for banners, figurines and mangas) and my grasp of Japanese prevents me from ordering the raw product from Japan. As the link to the anime industry post, I look forward to going through it. I see your point, however, many factors contribute even when there appears to be a clear primary influence.

~td99

VA - Voice Acting
TL - Translator
C-Band .. the original frequency used in consumer satellite to earth broadcast. The frequency required very large parabolic dish to properly capture and focus the beams. Later came the Ku band that permitted smaller and more compact disk. Also Dishes of this era had motorized axis that permitted alignment to multiple satellites stationed in the sky.
CR - Crunchyroll.com
I happen to like the many perks that my age has offered me, when wisdom from experiences was one of those perks that allows me to age gracefully.

Therefore I won't deny the fact that there are those "imperfections" that you speak of in the official anime medium, however that's only when you see them from your point of view. When my experiences in life dealing with many people, had offered me more than just my own perspective.

And one of them is from those who happen to like those same "imperfections". And I can't blame them for actually liking anime because of them. They are those who would later on listen to my explanations about the various differences of the translations, engaging in cultural relevance and comparison of the mediums themselves and voice acting, and even go above and beyond what mere fansub groups can only manage to do by lining up the edges of the screen with TL notes; learning about the people who like anime through engaging them in discussions.

The way I see it, today's fansub mediums took a lot of that networking away, because of the majority of those fansubers being who they are; amateurs. And they only know how to deal with those who are like them, when the nature of fansub being "made by fans for fans." As an ex-fansubber back in the underground VHS fansub days, I didn't have the luxury of these technology available at my disposal(you can read my experience as an ex-fansubber from my CR profile). What's more, their over-reliance on internet technology and not through their own individual efforts, had made themselves and their fans sloppy and dull. With you being the exception of the above, can you also see the changes of the fandom like I do?

No, you hadn't been around long enough, and not nearly as engaged as I was with fans. When any business model is but a system, it's the people behind the system that can provide the quality that will make themselves better, not through technology. And I don't find today's fansubers any better than the licensees, with the way how they conducting themselves behind their computers like amateurs. When they are only dealing with machines, they're no better than the machines that they ended up dealing with.

As for the CR licensing issue, all I can say is that "time is on my side."
Member
55857 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/17/09 , edited 9/17/09

DomFortress I happen to like the many perks that my age has offered me, when wisdom from experiences was one of those perks that allows me to age gracefully.

Therefore I won't deny the fact that there are those "imperfections" that you speak of in the official anime medium, however that's only when you see them from your point of view. When my experiences in life dealing with many people, had offered me more than just my own perspective.

And one of them is from those who happen to like those same "imperfections". And I can't blame them for actually liking anime because of them. They are those who would later on listen to my explanations about the various differences of the translations, engaging in cultural relevance and comparison of the mediums themselves and voice acting, and even go above and beyond what mere fansub groups can only manage to do by lining up the edges of the screen with TL notes; learning about the people who like anime through engaging them in discussions.

The way I see it, today's fansub mediums took a lot of that networking away, because of the majority of those fansubers being who they are; amateurs. And they only know how to deal with those who are like them, when the nature of fansub being "made by fans for fans." As an ex-fansubber back in the underground VHS fansub days, I didn't have the luxury of these technology available at my disposal(you can read my experience as an ex-fansubber from my CR profile). What's more, their over-reliance on internet technology and not through their own individual efforts, had made themselves and their fans sloppy and dull. With you being the exception of the above, can you also see the changes of the fandom like I do?

No, you hadn't been around long enough, and not nearly as engaged as I was with fans. When any business model is but a system, it's the people behind the system that can provide the quality that will make themselves better, not through technology. And I don't find today's fansubers any better than the licensees, with the way how they conducting themselves behind their computers like amateurs. When they are only dealing with machines, they're no better than the machines that they ended up dealing with.

As for the CR licensing issue, all I can say is that "time is on my side."


I will admit that it's my fault for injecting a thought into this thread... interesting how things can turn out.

"... that's only when you see them from your point of view." Truth doesn't discriminate, just remember the sword is always a double edge. The same measure you usurp upon the ignorant masses like me is also your measure.

"No, you hadn't been around long enough, and not nearly as engaged as I was with fans." Interesting the assumptions we tend to make. I have had the wonderful opportunity to deal with intellectual prima donnas for several decades now (in the form of university professors)... it provides me endless entertainment. And I'm not claiming to be all that sharp, no far from it. But where I lack in intellectual prowess, I try to make up in quality of thinking. However, I mistakenly keep thinking that if you extend courtesy even when there is disagreement, that courtesy will be reciprocated. Still a foolish person I am after all these years.

Unfortunately, unless I'm completely misinterpreting your reply, it appears that this thread will be coming to a close for me. I don't mind locking horns with the biggest of them, but I tend to like to avoid conflict on insignificant issues.

Have a great day,

~td99
Posted 9/17/09

tripperdan99 wrote:
I will admit that it's my fault for injecting a thought into this thread... interesting how things can turn out.

"... that's only when you see them from your point of view." Truth doesn't discriminate, just remember the sword is always a double edge. The same measure you usurp upon the ignorant masses like me is also your measure.

"No, you hadn't been around long enough, and not nearly as engaged as I was with fans." Interesting the assumptions we tend to make. I have had the wonderful opportunity to deal with intellectual prima donnas for several decades now (in the form of university professors)... it provides me endless entertainment. And I'm not claiming to be all that sharp, no far from it. But where I lack in intellectual prowess, I try to make up in quality of thinking. However, I mistakenly keep thinking that if you extend courtesy even when there is disagreement, that courtesy will be reciprocated. Still a foolish person I am after all these years.

Unfortunately, unless I'm completely misinterpreting your reply, it appears that this thread will be coming to a close for me. I don't mind locking horns with the biggest of them, but I tend to like to avoid conflict on insignificant issues.

Have a great day,

~td99
I think what the fansubers need to know are the thoughts and feelings of those that they didn't ended up dealing with, but whose works greatly involving with theirs either they wanted to or not; the Japanese animators. But what courtesy and respect had the fans of anime fansubs been showing to those who made the anime in the first place?

I at least had some sense of respect and courtesy to stop doing what I've been doing as fansuber, to those animators who had been working to create the anime that I'm passionate for. When I'm more of a fan of their works, than I'm a fan of my own work.
You must be logged in to post.