First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
SAS (Special Air Forces)
6687 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 9/12/09 , edited 9/28/09
The SAS, (Special Air Service) is the special forces regiment, upon which all others are based (army, RAF etc)! Few are tough enough to pass selection!
The SAS is the most elite fighting squad in the world....and they are british! xD
The SAS include the most skilled people in areas such as, Warfare (combat), Survival in any situation, Demolition (bombs) Weapon handling, and overall Fitness. It takes one hell of a man to be in the SAS, strong, great stamina, and bravery (whcih is why no women are currently in the SAS (no offense, but its true)
Anyway, enough rambling, i think the SAS are fuckin awesome. Im constantly watchin the shows they do on TV, where they got former SAS Sergeant, Eddie Stone, and ex-SAS demolition expert, John MacAleese, to do shows on survival secrets and even teach you a few things about what to do in a hostage situation, and how to fight. Thanks to these guys, and Chris Ryan, my SAS hero, (there's a thread i made on him, check it out!) i now wanna be in the SAS!

What about u guys? What do u think of the SAS? Do you wanna be in it when ur older? or do u wanna be in the every day army or RAF?.....or, of course, none of these things.....XD
34454 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Canada
Offline
Posted 9/12/09
lol your idol is that "chris ryan" eh?
4295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Youtube!
Offline
Posted 9/12/09
Imunna sound like a troll here. D:
But I'm a bit of a pacifist really, sure war may be necessary at times but often the government fails to justify sending their soldiers away... and I don't like the idea of getting called out to war at any time. That'd keep you on edge.

And well, we get a lot of bomber jets flying over here and they are hella annoying. You're trying to speak to your friend and suddenly WOOOSH you can't hear a thing for the next 30 seconds. I think the RAF practise bombing exercises just a little further north you see.

And er. Yeah I might not be considered brave to you because I'll only fight for what I believe in. But women can be manly and strong too. Ever consider butch lesbians?
185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 9/12/09 , edited 9/12/09
Mate, I don't want to say this but you don't stand a chance. Just forget about it and stay with the normal peaceful life.

Besides, fighting in war and killing another human being, isn't something one should enjoy.
4202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 9/12/09
21223 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/12/09

XxAnielaxX wrote:

Mate, I don't want to say this but you don't stand a chance. Just forget about it and stay with the normal peaceful life.

Besides, fighting in war and killing another human being, isn't something one should enjoy.


The guy can dream.
Posted 9/12/09
I couldn't care for the SAS, but I give thumbs up to your M Shadows avatar.

... That's all.
2035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 9/12/09
I never really understood how the american and the british army are protecting their home several thousand miles away from their actual home.



Everytime they talk about globalplayer and such BS that just sounds like Darth Vader and his stormtroopers. lol

How are they protecting their countries several thousand miles away from their borders!?!
6687 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 9/12/09

XxAnielaxX wrote:

Mate, I don't want to say this but you don't stand a chance. Just forget about it and stay with the normal peaceful life.

Besides, fighting in war and killing another human being, isn't something one should enjoy.


i hear you man. and trust me, i no how hard it is to get in, but i'll work my ass off.....and if not, well i could just go to the nxt stage down, which, in this case is the RAF. im already a junior sergeant in the RAF, i no how to fly a plane (loads of different types) because flown many times before, i no how to shoot a gun. etc, etc. so, yeah if the SAS doesnt work out im pretty confident i'll get into the RAF =)
6687 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 9/12/09

Jadoku_x wrote:

I couldn't care for the SAS, but I give thumbs up to your M Shadows avatar.

... That's all.


haha, fiar enough, if u like M. Shadows, thats all right. xD
6687 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 9/12/09

hikobuf wrote:

lol your idol is that "chris ryan" eh?


haha, yup. i think its amazin how, coz he was at the peak of physical fitness, that he managed to evade capture or death in his bravo-two-zero mission by walkin 180 miles across desert and all that. im kinda a fitness freak, and would luv to be in the SAS 1 day. haha. XDD
975 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / San Francisco CA...
Offline
Posted 9/12/09 , edited 9/12/09

sindba-d wrote:

I never really understood how the american and the british army are protecting their home several thousand miles away from their actual home.



Everytime they talk about globalplayer and such BS that just sounds like Darth Vader and his stormtroopers. lol

How are they protecting their countries several thousand miles away from their borders!?!


have you ever heard the term "Eliminate all THREATS at home and abroad"?

a country has the right to defend itself from threats Foreign and Domestic.

So.... why are our troops stationed abroad when theyre suppose to protect the country first? simple. they are there to ELIMINATE ALL THREATS THAT DESTROYS THEIR HOME.

facepalm.jpg

P.S. This thread is about SAS. do not derail the thread

2035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 9/13/09

Belldandies wrote:

have you ever heard the term "Eliminate all THREATS at home and abroad"?

a country has the right to defend itself from threats Foreign and Domestic.

So.... why are our troops stationed abroad when theyre suppose to protect the country first? simple. they are there to ELIMINATE ALL THREATS THAT DESTROYS THEIR HOME.

facepalm.jpg

P.S. This thread is about SAS. do not derail the thread



So, how again do Iraq and Afghanistan pose a threat to the USA and Britain?
975 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / San Francisco CA...
Offline
Posted 9/13/09

sindba-d wrote:


Belldandies wrote:

have you ever heard the term "Eliminate all THREATS at home and abroad"?

a country has the right to defend itself from threats Foreign and Domestic.

So.... why are our troops stationed abroad when theyre suppose to protect the country first? simple. they are there to ELIMINATE ALL THREATS THAT DESTROYS THEIR HOME.

facepalm.jpg

P.S. This thread is about SAS. do not derail the thread



So, how again do Iraq and Afghanistan pose a threat to the USA and Britain?


The Saddam Era of Iraq (post Iran-Iraq war) had nuclear ambitions which the EU and the US sees as a Violations of Nuclear Non-Proliferations treaty and sees it as a threat to the middle east. developing the so called "weapons of mass destruction setting its Radius that could possibly reach countries within the EU countries (note: some EU countries are also members of NATO)

now that Iran and NK are the new kids on the block in the world community. the US and EU had considerations for possible strike to "fix things" but its a violations on jurisdictional issues of the UN. NK is the number one candidate.

as for afghanistan: The takeover of the Taliban in '96 has harboured safe havens for Al-Qaeda by offering them training grounds for terrorism. Thus considering them obviously as an ally and aide of the said group.

ever wonder where the 911 hijackers where trained? you got it! in afghanistan.


tell me when you get the point. i'll award you with a banana.
311298 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 9/13/09
thats why i prefer staying at home o.o
1411 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 9/13/09 , edited 9/13/09
eh.....is there really any essential difference between the SAS and other elite sections of the militaries? i know that the US got
~rangers,
~Navy Seals
~marine Corp (used to have an elite infantry unit that got eliminated)

most of them seem to do almost the EXACT same thing or atleast they all fill up the roles of the sas and you don't give em any credit ! you crazy wanker!
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.