First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Marijuana bad?
1834 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / M
Offline
Posted 9/13/09
Well, a lot of people think it's bad for you, where as others think it's perfectly fine.

My reasons for thinking it's fine:

Studies have recently shown it can prevent forms of cancer.
It's shown not to kill braincells, only to temporarily disable them whilst under the influence, resulting in forgetting.
You can't overdose.
It makes you more open minded in my opinion.
Marijuana hasn't physically killed somebody....Yet:P
It's for some reason illegal when it's no where near as damaging than alcohol...Which is legal.

Now, I'm not telling anyone to smoke weed or anything, you're entitled to your view, which is why I created this topic :)
Please back up your statements. If you need links to prove my points I can supply.
5670 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 9/13/09
Well if you ask me,its better than alcohol cause it gets you high without the puking sensation like alcohol,as far as i know it makes you peckish like hell i even know a few fellas who use cannabis leaves to make the food more appealing.i tried it,it tasted so good i could not stop eating.

the cancer thing is new on me but if its true well i am all for it.
The only reason why i know i would rather drink alcohol than smoke weed is avilablilty and the fact that if i was stopped by the cops on my way home,i rather be caught holding a bottle of smirnoff then 5grams of hash in my pocket thats for sure,unless i am living in amsterdam.
1834 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / M
Offline
Posted 9/13/09
Oh yeah, well...You get a thing called "the munchies" aha, it's simply because it enhances all of your feelings, resulting in enjoying food a bit...Too much haha. Although it'd be great for anorexia...
5670 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 9/13/09 , edited 9/13/09

Stiffler1 wrote:

Oh yeah, well...You get a thing called "the munchies" aha, it's simply because it enhances all of your feelings, resulting in enjoying food a bit...Too much haha. Although it'd be great for anorexia...


yeah thats true,ahh if they only legalize the stuff,then it be great,but thanks to the gateway drug theory,theres no way that would happen.
solution:lets all move to holland!
1834 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / M
Offline
Posted 9/13/09

TUPAC115 wrote:


Stiffler1 wrote:

Oh yeah, well...You get a thing called "the munchies" aha, it's simply because it enhances all of your feelings, resulting in enjoying food a bit...Too much haha. Although it'd be great for anorexia...


yeah thats true,ahh if they only legalize the stuff,then it be great,but thanks to the gateway drug theory,theres no way that would happen.
solution:lets all move to holland!


Gateway drug theory is only true simply because the media told them marijuana was bad, they take some and realise they were chatting rubbish, resulting in taking more serious drugs thinking the media was lying about those too:P
Posted 9/13/09

Stiffler1 wrote:Gateway drug theory is only true simply because the media told them marijuana was bad, they take some and realise they were chatting rubbish, resulting in taking more serious drugs thinking the media was lying about those too:P
Therefore I ask, is it the same media that's informing you about the positive effects of marijuana, the ones that you're accusing of lying?

Also, weren't you just chatting rubbish when you accused of your own source of informants being liars? And I must remind you that when you made this thread on the CR open forum, you've assumed the role of an informant in open public. Therefore, you're a media. Not to mention is that you're one of the worst kind of media there is; the feeble kind.

Still think that your marijuana is doing you any good? As long as your mind is clogged by its effect, you cannot convince me. When I'm not even the brightest, just enlighten.
1834 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / M
Offline
Posted 9/13/09

DomFortress wrote:


Stiffler1 wrote:Gateway drug theory is only true simply because the media told them marijuana was bad, they take some and realise they were chatting rubbish, resulting in taking more serious drugs thinking the media was lying about those too:P
Therefore I ask, is it the same media that's informing you about the positive effects of marijuana, the ones that you're accusing of lying?

Also, weren't you just chatting rubbish when you accused of your own source of informants being liars? And I must remind you that when you made this thread on the CR open forum, you've assumed the role of an informant in open public. Therefore, you're a media. Not to mention is that you're one of the worst kind of media there is; the feeble kind.

Still think that your marijuana is doing you any good? As long as your mind is clogged by its effect, you cannot convince me. When I'm not even the brightest, just enlighten.


Ah this is just what I like....

Well 1st of all, I should have made myself more clear on "the media" what I meant by that was TV ads talking about how bad it is, and all of those random leaflets that get posted through your door, that was an error on my behalf. Now, have you ever tried marijuana? Have you experienced what it's "done" to anyone? If so, please do explain why you're against it. My mind is not "clogged" by it's effect, I'm also not trying to convince you, I've simply asked for other peoples opinion on marijuana, which you didn't give, please read the topic next time.
Posted 9/13/09

Stiffler1 wrote:Ah this is just what I like....

Well 1st of all, I should have made myself more clear on "the media" what I meant by that was TV ads talking about how bad it is, and all of those random leaflets that get posted through your door, that was an error on my behalf. Now, have you ever tried marijuana? Have you experienced what it's "done" to anyone? If so, please do explain why you're against it. My mind is not "clogged" by it's effect, I'm also not trying to convince you, I've simply asked for other peoples opinion on marijuana, which you didn't give, please read the topic next time.
I don't like how it smells. I don't like what it's doing with people's minds and senses. I don't like it for what it is, period.

That being said, I don't watch much TV programs. I don't like junk mails and spams. And yet I do get those with my TV subscription and mailing address.

I know what you're trying to do here, thereby your next tactic would be you disputing my lack of personal experience with marijuana. So before you challenge my authority, I would like to ask you about your thought with marijuana's negative effects on my authentic happiness: http://www.authentichappiness.sas.upenn.edu/

I don't need marijuana to make me feel happy, when I value my authentic thoughts and feelings about my own happiness.
1834 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / M
Offline
Posted 9/13/09

DomFortress wrote:


Stiffler1 wrote:Ah this is just what I like....

Well 1st of all, I should have made myself more clear on "the media" what I meant by that was TV ads talking about how bad it is, and all of those random leaflets that get posted through your door, that was an error on my behalf. Now, have you ever tried marijuana? Have you experienced what it's "done" to anyone? If so, please do explain why you're against it. My mind is not "clogged" by it's effect, I'm also not trying to convince you, I've simply asked for other peoples opinion on marijuana, which you didn't give, please read the topic next time.
I don't like how it smells. I don't like what it's doing with people's minds and senses. I don't like it for what it is, period.

That being said, I don't watch much TV programs. I don't like junk mails and spams. And yet I do get those with my TV subscription and mailing address.

I know what you're trying to do here, thereby your next tactic would be you disputing my lack of personal experience with marijuana. So before you challenge my authority, I would like to ask you about your thought with marijuana's negative effects on my authentic happiness: http://www.authentichappiness.sas.upenn.edu/

I don't need marijuana to make me feel happy, when I value my authentic thoughts and feelings about my own happiness.


I shall read your link soon. Now, you're just being ignorant and accusing people of smoking it just to "feel happy" as if they need it. It's no different to drinking alcohol, it can be very social, you completely misunderstand weed and look at if as if it's something people do just to make them feel "happy". My thoughts on the negative effects? Well I've been experienced with it and I can honestly say most of the stuff they've said is just scare tactics...If anything it's made me a better person, if it wasn't for weed, this discussion would be me just shouting abuse:P Of course weed has some bad effects like making you tired throughout the day, or making you feel rough, but that's only if you abuse it too much and use it every single day. I think you're grouping all weed smokers as one kind of person. People have all different kinds of reasons for smoking it, many of the reasons lack for "happiness". I respect your view and see where you're coming from, but I used to think the same before I did some more research and tried it myself Would I be right in guessing you don't drink either? Otherwise that's a bit hypocritical wouldn't you agree?
Posted 9/13/09 , edited 9/13/09

Stiffler1 wrote:I shall read your link soon. Now, you're just being ignorant and accusing people of smoking it just to "feel happy" as if they need it. It's no different to drinking alcohol, it can be very social, you completely misunderstand weed and look at if as if it's something people do just to make them feel "happy". My thoughts on the negative effects? Well I've been experienced with it and I can honestly say most of the stuff they've said is just scare tactics...If anything it's made me a better person, if it wasn't for weed, this discussion would be me just shouting abuse:P Of course weed has some bad effects like making you tired throughout the day, or making you feel rough, but that's only if you abuse it too much and use it every single day. I think you're grouping all weed smokers as one kind of person. People have all different kinds of reasons for smoking it, many of the reasons lack for "happiness". I respect your view and see where you're coming from, but I used to think the same before I did some more research and tried it myself Would I be right in guessing you don't drink either? Otherwise that's a bit hypocritical wouldn't you agree?
You assumed correctly, I don't drink either. That's because I don't like what happens when I'm drunk, while I've got ridiculously low alcohol tolerance. I even drink socially only on New Year's Eve when I'm with my girlfriend, because I can trust her judgment when she's got higher alcohol tolerance than I do.

I don't trust myself with alcohol, just as I don't trust myself with "weed." And I don't trust someone like you with a double standard about weed, when you admitted about yourself knowing the negative effects of weed yet still calling their reports as "scare tactic." And if your merit on weed is because it made you more agreeable, then what's not to say that you're just not an agreeable individual unless you're relying on you smoking weed?

Finally, what's not to say that you're simply repeating what the British did to my people with opium. Only this time it's you who had forgotten the lesson of your own national history, and now you're victimized by your own ignorance.

Can't say I don't appreciate the irony.
1834 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / M
Offline
Posted 9/13/09

DomFortress wrote:


Stiffler1 wrote:I shall read your link soon. Now, you're just being ignorant and accusing people of smoking it just to "feel happy" as if they need it. It's no different to drinking alcohol, it can be very social, you completely misunderstand weed and look at if as if it's something people do just to make them feel "happy". My thoughts on the negative effects? Well I've been experienced with it and I can honestly say most of the stuff they've said is just scare tactics...If anything it's made me a better person, if it wasn't for weed, this discussion would be me just shouting abuse:P Of course weed has some bad effects like making you tired throughout the day, or making you feel rough, but that's only if you abuse it too much and use it every single day. I think you're grouping all weed smokers as one kind of person. People have all different kinds of reasons for smoking it, many of the reasons lack for "happiness". I respect your view and see where you're coming from, but I used to think the same before I did some more research and tried it myself Would I be right in guessing you don't drink either? Otherwise that's a bit hypocritical wouldn't you agree?
You assumed correctly, I don't drink either. That's because I don't like what happens when I'm drunk, while I've got ridiculously low alcohol tolerance. I even drink socially only on New Year's Eve when I'm with my girlfriend, because I can trust her judgment when she's got higher alcohol tolerance than I do.

I don't trust myself with alcohol, just as I don't trust myself with "weed." And I don't trust someone like you with a double standard about weed, when you admitted about yourself knowing the negative effects of weed yet still calling their reports as "scare tactic." And if your merit on weed is because it made you more agreeable, then what's not to say that you're just not an agreeable individual unless you're relying on you smoking weed?

Finally, what's not to say that you're simply repeating what the British did to my people with opium. Only this time it's you who had forgotten the lesson of your own national history, and now you're victimized by your own ignorance.

Can't say I don't appreciate the irony.


Whoa whoa whoa, why the hell are you bringing opium and the British into this? You're the one being ignorant once again, I've got absolutely nothing to do with "what happened" I'm my own person, don't categorize me as "The British". I haven't smoked weed in a long long lonnnggg while, but it mellowed me out and stopped me from being so stressed out and angry all the time for once, I don't rely on it, nor do I make it a regular thing, stop assuming crap. Man, I can tell you've had no fun in your life. What I said about the negative effects were that they were simply WRONG, most of it is complete crap, I'm speaking from experience, yet you're speaking from what you heard aha, you one of those people who base everything on stuff they've read or heard about, why not losen up a little? If that were the case I doubt you'd still be a 30 year old hassling 17 year olds about their "reliance on weed".
Posted 9/13/09

Stiffler1 wrote:Whoa whoa whoa, why the hell are you bringing opium and the British into this? You're the one being ignorant once again, I've got absolutely nothing to do with "what happened" I'm my own person, don't categorize me as "The British". I haven't smoked weed in a long long lonnnggg while, but it mellowed me out and stopped me from being so stressed out and angry all the time for once, I don't rely on it, nor do I make it a regular thing, stop assuming crap. Man, I can tell you've had no fun in your life. What I said about the negative effects were that they were simply WRONG, most of it is complete crap, I'm speaking from experience, yet you're speaking from what you heard aha, you one of those people who base everything on stuff they've read or heard about, why not losen up a little? If that were the case I doubt you'd still be a 30 year old hassling 17 year olds about their "reliance on weed".
I don't need to "loosen up" with alcohol nor weed, when I have your feeble mind to provide me with the amusement. Thanks to you taking away the fight within you by smoking weed. And the best part is, you're doing that willingly.

That's not to say I wouldn't want you to stop smoking weed either. For I would much prefer a good challenge than mere simple amusement. However, much like today's younger weed smokers like yourself, our future just isn't challenging with the likes of you around.

Can smoking weed makes you strong, when you simply lack the strength to control your own negative emotions. Thereby you relied on smoking weed to make yourself forget just what made you felt so negative, instead of you facing your own challenge; your weakness.
1834 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / M
Offline
Posted 9/13/09

DomFortress wrote:


Stiffler1 wrote:Whoa whoa whoa, why the hell are you bringing opium and the British into this? You're the one being ignorant once again, I've got absolutely nothing to do with "what happened" I'm my own person, don't categorize me as "The British". I haven't smoked weed in a long long lonnnggg while, but it mellowed me out and stopped me from being so stressed out and angry all the time for once, I don't rely on it, nor do I make it a regular thing, stop assuming crap. Man, I can tell you've had no fun in your life. What I said about the negative effects were that they were simply WRONG, most of it is complete crap, I'm speaking from experience, yet you're speaking from what you heard aha, you one of those people who base everything on stuff they've read or heard about, why not losen up a little? If that were the case I doubt you'd still be a 30 year old hassling 17 year olds about their "reliance on weed".
I don't need to "loosen up" with alcohol nor weed, when I have your feeble mind to provide me with the amusement. Thanks to you taking away the fight within you by smoking weed. And the best part is, you're doing that willingly.

That's not to say I wouldn't want you to stop smoking weed either. For I would much prefer a good challenge than mere simple amusement. However, much like today's younger weed smokers like yourself, our future just isn't challenging with the likes of you around.

Can smoking weed makes you strong, when you simply lack the strength to control your own negative emotions. Thereby you relied on smoking weed to make yourself forget just what made you felt so negative, instead of you facing your own challenge; your weakness.


I didn't After a while I realised how bad I used to be, and how it'd changed me, weed just made me realise, if someone AS SMART AS YOURSELF, had told me what I was like back then, I reckon I'd be able to change myself. I love how you completely ignore some of my points and start rambling on about people of our generation ahaha, god, typical old people. You may call it "amusement" but you're so full of yourself you don't even consider a teenagers point of view as you're the "older generation" just get out of here man, you have no valid points about weed or any opinions, just you trying to make someone else feel down about themselves.
Posted 9/13/09

Stiffler1 wrote:I didn't After a while I realised how bad I used to be, and how it'd changed me, weed just made me realise, if someone AS SMART AS YOURSELF, had told me what I was like back then, I reckon I'd be able to change myself. I love how you completely ignore some of my points and start rambling on about people of our generation ahaha, god, typical old people. You may call it "amusement" but you're so full of yourself you don't even consider a teenagers point of view as you're the "older generation" just get out of here man, you have no valid points about weed or any opinions, just you trying to make someone else feel down about themselves.
I don't enjoy what fools do for amusement. So I respectfully deny.

Therefore you can 1)continue with your way of wasting yourself, 2)get yourself to my level, or 3)convince me that you smoking weed had somehow makes your mind just as strong as mine. When you could only do 1) for what weed does to your already feeble mind.
1834 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / M
Offline
Posted 9/13/09

DomFortress wrote:


Stiffler1 wrote:I didn't After a while I realised how bad I used to be, and how it'd changed me, weed just made me realise, if someone AS SMART AS YOURSELF, had told me what I was like back then, I reckon I'd be able to change myself. I love how you completely ignore some of my points and start rambling on about people of our generation ahaha, god, typical old people. You may call it "amusement" but you're so full of yourself you don't even consider a teenagers point of view as you're the "older generation" just get out of here man, you have no valid points about weed or any opinions, just you trying to make someone else feel down about themselves.
I don't enjoy what fools do for amusement. So I respectfully deny.

Therefore you can 1)continue with your way of wasting yourself, 2)get yourself to my level, or 3)convince me that you smoking weed had somehow makes your mind just as strong as mine. When you could only do 1) for what weed does to your already feeble mind.


Haha once again man, I ain't smoked weed in a while, been a long time, your mind is 13 years older than mine....Don't act so high and mighty because you may be smarter than a 17 year old. Haha. So big headed it's unbelievable. I'm not wasting myself, stop assuming shit, everything you say is an assumption, grow up, stop playing online games, do something other than cosplay fat Japanese anime characters. Your comments make no sense sometimes, is English your second language? (not in the rude way).
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.