First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Marijuana bad?
Posted 9/14/09 , edited 9/14/09

DomFortress wrote:

And here's a history lesson that you should know about legalized use of inhibitor drug. Which allowed one nation to subject another nation's populace with a series of unfair treaties, by poisoning not just their bodies, but ultimately their minds as well: The Opium War(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opium_Wars)

My own Chinese heritage notwithstanding, but I can't see the merit of injecting poisons into my body. When the history of my people had shown me how easily it is that an entire nation of people can be overcome not by strengths of others, but through their own weaknesses.

Therefore if the suffering of a nation isn't enough of a warning as it is, should we repeat the history lesson again because of some close-minded people are poor thinkers due their ignorance? Or should we just all forget about what I've just said and have a joint on Stiffler1's insistence? Because smoking weed "will cause some short term memory loss"


Thank I will look at it after I finish my homework and essays.

Quick checking and small reading, it said British pretty much want China to buy their opium product so that their, or Europe economy increased. However, the Emperor want to closed opium trades and only use it for medical purpose, which declared the first opium war, started by the British. Was scrolling through paragraphs quickly.

started from 1839 -1842, and from what I can remember, I think British expanded around 1815 (Taking Africa resources, India resources, etc. etc.). I think the war had something to do after the European imperialism over other countries (And later USA), but I remembered that China is fairly strong when I read about massive fleets from China began exploration. The only conflict I knew was the Boxer rebellion.





Well, I want to post this again for those who thinks marijuana should be legalized. Hopefully my last post because I want to do something else.

I seem to get replies from people (Not just cruncnhyroll) that marijuana is harmless. First of all! I don't care whose right or wrong. I don't know if marijuana would harm or not. I don't know if it affect people or not. It affect my mom once for sure!

I'm beginning to learn more about economics. I'm not that satisfied because they didn't put me in Business class.

Anyway, I care a little on how marijuana would harm or not. I am thinking about what will happen to businesses. Why is cigarettes (Tobaccos) more harmful than marijuana? Well what is the different between Tobacco right now and Tobacco from the 1800s-1900s? (I didn't look for the exact date).

I need to know if tobacco from the 1800s-1900s is more or less harmful than tobacco right now. I'm guessing tobacco is less harmful in the past because companies add chemicals to tobacco today.

Like I said before, if marijuana is legalized, would there be marijuana companies? If so, could they add chemicals? marijuana in the future will be harmful than marijuana right now? Possible.

I don't want people to reply to me that marijuana is harmful or harmless. I will never take marijuana and drugs. I will never smoke cigarettes. I will never drink boozes unless I want my life to end. If I never take, that mean I don't care what people said.
----- But what I would like to know is how it affect businesses; Marijuana businesses, cigarette businesses, and worldwide businesses/reactions.




1834 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / M
Offline
Posted 9/14/09

DomFortress wrote:


Stiffler1 wrote:Do you drink coffee?
Nope, I don't need coffee to keep me awake. When I also can sleep soundly just fine.


Hmmm...So you can honestly say you've stayed drug free you entire life unless ill? Eg no taking coffee or anything similar?
1834 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / M
Offline
Posted 9/14/09

GDXTom wrote:


DomFortress wrote:

And here's a history lesson that you should know about legalized use of inhibitor drug. Which allowed one nation to subject another nation's populace with a series of unfair treaties, by poisoning not just their bodies, but ultimately their minds as well: The Opium War(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opium_Wars)

My own Chinese heritage notwithstanding, but I can't see the merit of injecting poisons into my body. When the history of my people had shown me how easily it is that an entire nation of people can be overcome not by strengths of others, but through their own weaknesses.

Therefore if the suffering of a nation isn't enough of a warning as it is, should we repeat the history lesson again because of some close-minded people are poor thinkers due their ignorance? Or should we just all forget about what I've just said and have a joint on Stiffler1's insistence? Because smoking weed "will cause some short term memory loss"



Anyway, I care a little on how marijuana would harm or not. I am thinking about what will happen to businesses. Why is cigarettes (Tobaccos) more harmful than marijuana? Well what is the different between Tobacco right now and Tobacco from the 1800s-1900s? (I didn't look for the exact date).

I need to know if tobacco from the 1800s-1900s is more or less harmful than tobacco right now. I'm guessing tobacco is less harmful in the past because companies add chemicals to tobacco today.

Like I said before, if marijuana is legalized, would there be marijuana companies? If so, could they add chemicals? marijuana in the future will be harmful than marijuana right now? Possible.

I don't want people to reply to me that marijuana is harmful or harmless. I will never take marijuana and drugs. I will never smoke cigarettes. I will never drink boozes unless I want my life to end. If I never take, that mean I don't care what people said.
----- But what I would like to know is how it affect businesses; Marijuana businesses, cigarette businesses, and worldwide businesses/reactions.







Your point really made me think right there....It's pretty interesting, as you're correct about tobacco practically being harmless back then compared to what it is now, in fact, back then the doctors would suggest two cigarettes a day to relieve stress and such, when it was lacking chemicals etc....You saying Marijuana becoming legalized and adding more chemicals to it making it worse is a pretty good point, but marijuana you buy of the streets (unless you trust your dealer) has a lot of bad chemicals in it as it is, as they spray it with all kinds of crap to make it grow more etc, if marijuana was purely the buds and no enhancers added etc, it wouldn't be as unhealthy to the body. I don't believe marijuana should be legalized, but I do believe it shouldn't be illegal to smoke it for personal use, that's just my opinion. Thing about marijuana effecting businesses etc, it'd bring in a lot of money for your country as they'd add a lot of tax, in fact, they spend a lot of money trying to prevent marijuana, billions apparently (can't really add to the billions being true or not, could be wrong, just a few things I've read) but I really admire your point as it made me wonder about it....Thank you.
Posted 9/14/09

GDXTom wrote:Thank I will look at it after I finish my homework and essays.

Quick checking and small reading, it said British pretty much want China to buy their opium product so that their, or Europe economy increased. However, the Emperor of China(EDIT: for clarification) want to closed opium trades and only use it for medical purpose, which declared the first opium war, started by the British. Was scrolling through paragraphs quickly.

started from 1839 -1842, and from what I can remember, I think British expanded around 1815 (Taking Africa resources, India resources, etc. etc.). I think the war had something to do after the European imperialism over other countries (And later USA), but I remembered that China is fairly strong when I read about massive fleets from China began exploration. The only conflict I knew was the Boxer rebellion.
Well that's the reason of causing the war. But you should read up the reason why the British Empire established a monopoly of opium smuggling business from their colony of India to China, and the economic impact of such action on Chinese vs European silver; the only currency that's recognized in China back then, whereas the British used gold instead: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opium_Wars#Background

Look for key signs such as unequal supplies and demands of Chinese per European goods, a surplus of silver into China due to Spanish trading with North America mined silver, and British's own inefficient gold trade in Europe. And then you can see that the reason for the British to monopolize the opium trade to China was but an economic one. When there's a a trade defect on part of the British.


GDXTom wrote:Well, I want to post this again for those who thinks marijuana should be legalized. Hopefully my last post because I want to do something else.

I seem to get replies from people (Not just cruncnhyroll) that marijuana is harmless. First of all! I don't care whose right or wrong. I don't know if marijuana would harm or not. I don't know if it affect people or not. It affect my mom once for sure!

I'm beginning to learn more about economics. I'm not that satisfied because they didn't put me in Business class.

Anyway, I care a little on how marijuana would harm or not. I am thinking about what will happen to businesses. Why is cigarettes (Tobaccos) more harmful than marijuana? Well what is the different between Tobacco right now and Tobacco from the 1800s-1900s? (I didn't look for the exact date).

I need to know if tobacco from the 1800s-1900s is more or less harmful than tobacco right now. I'm guessing tobacco is less harmful in the past because companies add chemicals to tobacco today.

Like I said before, if marijuana is legalized, would there be marijuana companies? If so, could they add chemicals? marijuana in the future will be harmful than marijuana right now? Possible.

I don't want people to reply to me that marijuana is harmful or harmless. I will never take marijuana and drugs. I will never smoke cigarettes. I will never drink boozes unless I want my life to end. If I never take, that mean I don't care what people said.
----- But what I would like to know is how it affect businesses; Marijuana businesses, cigarette businesses, and worldwide businesses/reactions.
I think you should place heavy emphasis on a business's sustainability based on continuity, as oppose to profitability based on productivity. And then you can ask yourself this: should a marijuana business be sustainable by continuing humanitarian design, regardless of how profitable it can be based on popularity.


Stiffler1 wrote:Hmmm...So you can honestly say you've stayed drug free you entire life unless ill? Eg no taking coffee or anything similar?
Nope. I don't even drink energy drinks, even though I do workout a lot.

2121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Usa
Offline
Posted 9/14/09
Its not bad, i dont do it but really it doesnt hurt u at all. Whatever others say they lie lol, cigarettes are way seriously.
Posted 9/14/09

GrandX wrote:

Its not bad, i dont do it but really it doesnt hurt u at all. Whatever others say they lie lol, cigarettes are way seriously.
Well marijuana is the only inhibitor drug I know that only remove one's inhibition. So I would say that the damage on one's mind is done at the moment when it was smoked, and only returns to normal when one stops smoking it.


Fervency wrote:That's a LOT of beautiful women right there Dom. I envy your attractiveness. : P It's a fucking harem!
Um... "Winners don't do drugs?"
Posted 9/14/09

Your point really made me think right there....It's pretty interesting, as you're correct about tobacco practically being harmless back then compared to what it is now, in fact, back then the doctors would suggest two cigarettes a day to relieve stress and such, when it was lacking chemicals etc....You saying Marijuana becoming legalized and adding more chemicals to it making it worse is a pretty good point, but marijuana you buy of the streets (unless you trust your dealer) has a lot of bad chemicals in it as it is, as they spray it with all kinds of crap to make it grow more etc, if marijuana was purely the buds and no enhancers added etc, it wouldn't be as unhealthy to the body. I don't believe marijuana should be legalized, but I do believe it shouldn't be illegal to smoke it for personal use, that's just my opinion. Thing about marijuana effecting businesses etc, it'd bring in a lot of money for your country as they'd add a lot of tax, in fact, they spend a lot of money trying to prevent marijuana, billions apparently (can't really add to the billions being true or not, could be wrong, just a few things I've read) but I really admire your point as it made me wonder about it....Thank you.



What positive about marijuana is that it will probably bring Country incomes up, even my State (State California) out of budget cuts/deficit. Over here in California, we are losing money and we are getting less supplies. We have to buy more. Over here in some college/university, you need to bring your own toilet paper T.T. Legalizing marijuana in USA might be different than legalizing marijuana in UK (You lived in England). Even the systems between US, and UK is different.

The negative outcome is that marijuana might change people's behaviors. It could ruin the way we run the economy. I can't give a better explanation if marijuana give negative outcomes or not because of too much arguments of marijuana. So if it stay illegal, then I do not need to talk about. If it is legal, then I shall see how it affect the State of California and prepare myself.

My economic teacher said, "Stupid people buy alcohol and drugs because they want to live their life painfully. When their health failed they go to the hospital and pay even more. Isn't that stupid?".
--- He used the word stupid a lot, but that what make his class giggles and interesting.



I think you should place heavy emphasis on a business's sustainability based on continuity, as oppose to profitability based on productivity. And then you can ask yourself this: should a marijuana business be sustainable by continuing humanitarian design, regardless of how profitable it can be based on popularity.


Its possible that I won't get a chance of being a business manager if this State's economy keep losing money, but yes I would like to build a business that has not negative impact toward people, the economy and the environment. I don't know what kind of products or services I would provide, but I don't want to be hungry capitalist business-person.

I never want marijuana to be legalized so that someone can start a company, even if it is popular. I don't want marijuana to mess with people I know, and their businesses. The money should be spent on other products. If my sister, brother and dad were to save money instead of spending on alcohol and tobacco we could save $125,000 for the past 10 years. People who spend their money on marijuana isn't saving and planning. I think California already had 50% of the population smoking. That's around 15-18 million out of 36 million people.




Eventually, I don't have enough knowledge to know economy and businesses because I am learning them right now, and (Comparing my age to your; you know more) so I have to stop.

I guess I am done with this thread. No more replying quotes hopefully, because reading posts and the opium war, research and thinking about it already waste 6 hours of my life and I need to do something else.

But I thank you two for the conversation because I learned more and prepare more for the future.
Posted 9/14/09 , edited 9/14/09
Posts Edited/Deleted
Stick to the topic at hand, you're going off topic. And please refrain from bashing other users.
Posted 9/14/09 , edited 9/14/09

Gaia93 wrote:

Posts Edited/Deleted
Stick to the topic at hand, you're going off topic. And please refrain from bashing other users.


Just a question: Are you proud of the fact that you are a Crunchyroll moderator? Do you get paid to use your free time to moderate this website rather than socialising, etc.? xD
Posted 9/14/09 , edited 9/14/09

GDXTom wrote:My economic teacher said, "Stupid people buy alcohol and drugs because they want to live their life painfully. When their health failed they go to the hospital and pay even more. Isn't that stupid?".
--- He used the word stupid a lot, but that what make his class giggles and interesting.
Your teacher had struck the nail on its head with that comment. It's like saying a business based on supplying a demand of unhealthy lifestyle choice, is just as unsustainable as the lifestyle itself and thereby destine to fail.

The health care system of my country is in theory, very efficient when it comes to emergency situations. However the numerous people with chronic ailments due to poor lifestyle choices(http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/05/22/world.death/index.html), are causing our health care to wast its time and resources on something that it wasn't designed to treat; stupidity due to ignorance.
2121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Usa
Offline
Posted 9/15/09
You're beyond right Dom, it does just remove one's inhibition the effects last quite awhile the same goes with alcohol. It helps to remove ones control, makes them more open-minded to doing other things that they normally wouldn't do. This be a good thing, or a bad thing.
Posted 9/15/09

GrandX wrote:

You're beyond right Dom, it does just remove one's inhibition the effects last quite awhile the same goes with alcohol. It helps to remove ones control, makes them more open-minded to doing other things that they normally wouldn't do. This be a good thing, or a bad thing.
Well the thing is I don't need to rely on removing my inhibition, thus resulting in me loosing control. When I'm already open-minded because I can be reasoned with. And being reasonable is a good thing, period.
2121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Usa
Offline
Posted 9/15/09
Im control freak lol so if i do drink i maintain control so i dont become stupid. Yes being reasonable is a very good thing, but some people just like to live by the the rules; and other people dont its a type of personality.
Posted 9/15/09

GrandX wrote:

Im control freak lol so if i do drink i maintain control so i dont become stupid. Yes being reasonable is a very good thing, but some people just like to live by the the rules; and other people dont its a type of personality.
And what sustainability is but mastery of control through direction and flow? Yet without our natural ability of inhibitions, we won't have our own direction nor flow.
Posted 9/15/09 , edited 9/15/09
It can help cure glaucoma, which is never a bad thing. But it has the possibility to get you high, which in turn could cause you to do idiotic things that may cause harm to other people or maybe even yourself. But it's whoever takes its fault if that happens.

I don't think marijuana is really bad, rather, its psychedelic effects are (sort of.)
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.