First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Why do some people hate America so much?
24695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / (Unknown)
Offline
Posted 9/15/09
We all need someone/something to blame/insult. But the reason why I hate America...if they didn't exist, I wouldn't be constantly mocked/bullied by the American foreigners over here and I wouldn't have to go ballistic over the fact how America like to copy everything. Sure, other countries do too...when you guys get "American Death Note", "American Naruto", and "American Dragon Ball", there are some people who flame them, but the rest of the world doesn't get so pushy 'bout it. When someone lifts a finger in some way close to an American thing, BAM goes the nuke-like-lawsuits...I know I'm exaggerating.

I actually have some good all-American friends, but they agree with me too. It's not the AmericanS!!! (plural) But it's the USA.
22 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30
Offline
Posted 9/15/09 , edited 9/15/09
Redundant thread is redundant.....

Why do some people hate America so much?

Why do some people hate apples so much?


see any significant difference? I don't.


but to keep this thread going for the heck of it, I'll post a few more obvious reasons:

-Arrogance-
it's not America, it's the USA, there's a WHOLE lot of America not involved in this discussion that get dragged in this a heck of a lot of times.

-Ignorance-
I have yet to see any country with as much ignorance as a vast amount of the citizenship of the USA, there are people there that refuse to believe they were mainly from Great Britain and Ireland.

-Pride-
this has been pointed out already, but I'll clarify it once more, the USA thinks they are the world's police, dictating what is right and what is wrong, to such a degree that it's almost becoming a cult.

However, the USA is vast, and seeing as it's all so much easier to blame than to praise, the efforts of such a country is overshadowed by it's failings.
5572 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / ~♫Somewhere♪~
Offline
Posted 9/15/09
As far as I can observe America, some people are getting haywire and gets violent.

Well, that's the NEGATIVE stuffs I observed.
8594 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 9/15/09
Because of their politics. Starting wars in foreign countries. Try to be like super power
5342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Upstate NY
Offline
Posted 9/15/09
There are a lot of ignorant rednecks in America. Trust me, I know.
If you're a redneck, I hope you take offense to this! >D

Our previous president was an idiot, (in fact, he was a bit of an ignorant redneck wasn't he?!) which means that the entire country had to stand in his shadow for eight years, which gave everyone a pretty bad opinion of us. Honestly, he couldn't even say "nuclear" properly. UGH.





The USA isn't THAT bad, there are just a lot of people who think that the world begins and ends with the United States and that nothing else matters, or exists, for that matter.
174 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / la la land
Offline
Posted 9/15/09
AMG Haw ken America bi Hated? ♥♥♥
This iz awfullz, if there is eni kantri to heyt, den it iz definetally every country outsiide America!!!
Posted 9/15/09

bio-rhythm wrote:


impala1 wrote:

Everybody hates a winner. (let the flaming begin!)






Two very excellent posts.
2035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 9/15/09 , edited 9/15/09
Northamerica, Middle America, Southamerica or all of them?

Why should anybody hate a whole continent?
83688 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Where the future...
Offline
Posted 9/15/09 , edited 9/15/09
I've been around to enough places in the world to see that stupidity, arrogance and hatred know no national boundaries.

Not surprisingly I've noticed more countries hate their local neighbors than the United States, especially when they've had such long and bloody histories together.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 9/15/09
Well because of all the horrible things the US has done in the past to the rest of the world, and the things it continues to do.

I think most people who say they hate the US don't literally hate the entire country and all the people.
Posted 9/15/09

ohmygodBRITTANY wrote:

There are a lot of ignorant rednecks in America. Trust me, I know.
If you're a redneck, I hope you take offense to this! >D

Our previous president was an idiot, (in fact, he was a bit of an ignorant redneck wasn't he?!) which means that the entire country had to stand in his shadow for eight years, which gave everyone a pretty bad opinion of us. Honestly, he couldn't even say "nuclear" properly. UGH.





The USA isn't THAT bad, there are just a lot of people who think that the world begins and ends with the United States and that nothing else matters, or exists, for that matter.


I agree with that. Our last president was a complete idiot lol. I mean even the people that voted for him the 2nd time hate him now. And he really did give a very bad impression of Americans. But I'm in Japan now so I can't really say anything. But living there for most of my life has just caused me to see how ignorant and shallow most of the people are in America.
26543 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/15/09
98% of the Americans I've met have been obnoxious, over patriotic, and largely ignorant of other countries.

For the other 2%, you're awesome. ;D
3312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / In hell...come jo...
Offline
Posted 9/15/09
They hate america because were so spoiled and stupid.
Posted 9/15/09
When I think of America, I think of USA, it doesn't bother me at all. Although if you say North America, or South America, or Central, maybe even Latin America; then that's a different thing. Any-who, back on topic... Well, I don't hate America, I love this place. As for the haters, I can see why people hate the US, based on typical stereotypes and other things. As we all can see, our former president wasn't the best president in the world.. we know. Also, not all of us is rude and ignorant, we have some nice and intelligent people here... Maybe you don't like us because of our politics? our way of living? I don't know! It depends on how you think about the USA, everyone have their different reasons and opinions. Don't hate, love~
Posted 9/15/09 , edited 9/15/09

Gaia93 wrote:


varnlestoff wrote:


Gaia93 wrote:

That's strange, I thought it was obvious.


Not really. There are thousands, millions of rediculous reasons people hate america. Pick one.


You mean really pick one? Ok:

All americans are biased and stuck up.


Ok, and if you seriously mean "All", then you are being ignorant and missinformed. Which is much worse than being biased and stuck up. You seem to be judging 300+ million people based on a handfull of politics and popular sub-culture that you see on television. I would have agreed with you if you said "Alot of emricans are bias and stuck up", but when you throw on "All", you are actively generalizing us, and in turn, being "Bias" youself.\

A contradiction...
Posted 9/15/09 , edited 9/15/09

Fubura1992 wrote:

Because of their politics. Starting wars in foreign countries. Try to be like super power


Well, the word superpower is in fact given to the mightiest nation in the world, And during the industrial revolution, when military, and industrialization was at its highest. America was considered by all other nations as the first industrial and military superpower of the 19th -20th century.

So they aren't really trying rather than they just are. But really it's not like we start wars, they are interventions on already standing wars.
28356 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Osaka, Japan ★
Offline
Posted 9/15/09
idk with them
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.