Japan Cancel Plan of Anime Center
Posted 9/17/09
Complain all you want, but the new culture minister of Japan said that the new Japanese DPJ government had made their decision on canceling the 11.7 billion yen project, promoted by the Liberal Democratic Party-led Cabinet of Taro Aso(http://www.japantoday.com/category/politics/view/new-culture-minister-calls-halt-to-asos-animation-center-plan).

Personally, I'm all for it. When the new DPJ government got more pressing issues than patronizing on what I think is an unsustainable entertainment industry(http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-558594/japan-anime-media-market-shunk-by-10/). When the Japanese populace are so depressed about their livelihood, there are at least 100 of Japanese became suicidal each day as of 2007(http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/112244.php). Never mind the fact that their birthrate is so low, the government can use the 11.7 billion yen to pay for more babies(http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/japan/090915/pay-procreate-cash-kids).

Promoting the Japanese subculture, when somehow their main culture is making their lives more miserable? I think not.
Posted 9/17/09
wow dom your info is every so what's your point?? I mean that's a good idea but japan sees animation as low class way of living and not a good way to live their life so they instill those values in their children and want them to become doctors, computer programmers and so on. on the low birth rate you have to remember japan is tiny, TINY compared to America and they do not have enough room to handle and take care of all of the people that would be born but paying I suppose will help hell I know i would <_<. What surprises me about liberals in japan they are more like conservatives here in America wanting to keep their values to them selves and even paying some immigrants to leave. Thanks for the info btw
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 9/17/09
Ok, so your point is you're happy the Japanese government is canceling this Anime Center and they should use the money on increasing the population, because so many people are committing suicide and the birth rate is low?

I really hate generalizations, the whole country isn't depressed. Pretty much the same amount of people commit suicide in the US annually. So calm down, Japan already has a huge population but a small land mass. Their main culture is making their lives more miserable? Generalizing again?? Believe me, there's alot of happy Japanese people that love their culture.
Posted 9/17/09 , edited 9/17/09

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:

wow dom your info is every so what's your point?? I mean that's a good idea but japan sees animation as low class way of living and not a good way to live their life so they instill those values in their children and want them to become doctors, computer programmers and so on. on the low birth rate you have to remember japan is tiny, TINY compared to America and they do not have enough room to handle and take care of all of the people that would be born but paying I suppose will help hell I know i would <_<. What surprises me about liberals in japan they are more like conservatives here in America wanting to keep their values to them selves and even paying some immigrants to leave. Thanks for the info btw


Yei wrote:Ok, so your point is you're happy the Japanese government is canceling this Anime Center and they should use the money on increasing the population, because so many people are committing suicide and the birth rate is low?

I really hate generalizations, the whole country isn't depressed. Pretty much the same amount of people commit suicide in the US annually. So calm down, Japan already has a huge population but a small land mass. Their main culture is making their lives more miserable? Generalizing again?? Believe me, there's alot of happy Japanese people that love their culture.
When you take a closer look at those who became suicidal in Japan, you'll see that they're mostly in their 60's. And they're the fastest growing Japanese age group when the baby boomers are still retiring from the work force amass.

Do you know what this means? It means that the Japanese baby boomers don't look forward to their lives after retirement. Because they value themselves more so when they are being productive, while "... they have been hit hard by pension and welfare system reforms intended to reduce public spending." In other words, the Japanese baby boomers can't cope with a world that find them to be useless, when they can't create a new life for themselves after retirement. When it's in fact a breakdown in the Japanese family value within their cultural influence, that's making their elderly feeling depressed because they're isolated and poor. And the fact that the same breakdown in the Japanese family value is causing their low birthrate in the first place. While the small landmass is increasing frictions among urban areas with high population density, making everyone's lives in the city more stressful while at the same time centralizing developments and resources.

And as for me generalizing. Really? Really? The Japanese may have the same number of people became suicidal as the US, but there are far less of them while their population density is far greater than the US. Don't you think that amount for something?

Finally, do you think that just because the Japanese entertainment culture is so happy looking, that mean the Japanese overall are happy? When the fact is watching too much TV for entertainment can cause further depression(http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/10/health/10iht-snvital.1.20077893.html?_r=1).
Posted 9/17/09

DomFortress wrote:


CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:

wow dom your info is every so what's your point?? I mean that's a good idea but japan sees animation as low class way of living and not a good way to live their life so they instill those values in their children and want them to become doctors, computer programmers and so on. on the low birth rate you have to remember japan is tiny, TINY compared to America and they do not have enough room to handle and take care of all of the people that would be born but paying I suppose will help hell I know i would <_<. What surprises me about liberals in japan they are more like conservatives here in America wanting to keep their values to them selves and even paying some immigrants to leave. Thanks for the info btw


Yei wrote:Ok, so your point is you're happy the Japanese government is canceling this Anime Center and they should use the money on increasing the population, because so many people are committing suicide and the birth rate is low?

I really hate generalizations, the whole country isn't depressed. Pretty much the same amount of people commit suicide in the US annually. So calm down, Japan already has a huge population but a small land mass. Their main culture is making their lives more miserable? Generalizing again?? Believe me, there's alot of happy Japanese people that love their culture.
When you take a closer look at those who became suicidal in Japan, you'll see that they're mostly in their 60's. And they're the fastest growing Japanese age group when the baby boomers are still retiring from the work force amass.

Do you know what this means? It means that the Japanese baby boomers don't look forward to their lives after retirement. Because they value themselves more so when they are being productive, while "... they have been hit hard by pension and welfare system reforms intended to reduce public spending." In other words, the Japanese baby boomers can't cope with a world that find them to be useless, when they can't create a new life for themselves after retirement. When it's in fact a breakdown in the Japanese family value within their cultural influence, that's making their elderly feeling depressed because they're isolated and poor. And the fact that the same breakdown in the Japanese family value is causing their low birthrate in the first place. While the small landmass is increasing frictions among urban areas with high population density, making everyone's lives in the city more stressful while at the same time centralizing developments and resources.

And as for me generalizing. Really? Really? The Japanese may have the same number of people became suicidal as the US, but there are far less of them while their population density is far greater than the US. Don't you think that amount for something?

Finally, do you think that just because the Japanese entertainment culture is so happy looking, that mean the Japanese overall are happy? When the fact is watching too much TV for entertainment can cause further depression(http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/10/health/10iht-snvital.1.20077893.html?_r=1).


On this article then every person should be depressed by my age but they are not, you have to remember that every person is different and handles things differently. I do suffer from depression but my is heredity and i also had many awful things happen to me in my child that I don't want to openly discuss in a open form so everybody can point out and make fun of me. I am going to be honest If i lived isolated from people I would be so much more happy than around so many people that i don't really care to be around, but that goes back to main point to each his/her own.
66034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / F / Western Europe
Offline
Posted 9/20/09 , edited 9/20/09
The other aspect to the cancellation of the Anime Centre funding is that there would be less likelihood of any political interference in what was planned to be shown, something that happens the World over where Politics and the Entertainment industry get mixed up.
I don't feel it's necessarily a bad thing for the Anime industry.
Posted 9/20/09

majorclanger1 wrote:The other aspect to the cancellation of the Anime Centre funding is that there would be less likelihood of any political interference in what was planned to be shown, something that happens the World over where Politics and the Entertainment industry get mixed up.
I don't feel it's necessarily a bad thing for the Anime industry.
I agree, if those Japanese anime industry want a museum build to solidify their glory, then they can very well do that themselves. However, the influence of anime over Japan politics had always been the former Japanese PM Aso's personal pet project. And that's clearly showing unsound judgment and bias opinion on his part, when he claimed in open public numerous times that he's a self-proclaimed anime & manga otaku/fanatic: http://fast.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-09-12/manga-fan-taro-aso-is-a-frontrunner-to-lead-japan
66034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / F / Western Europe
Offline
Posted 9/22/09 , edited 9/22/09
The obvious thing would be for him to put his own interest and time personally into working with the Industry on its' own showcase rather than expecting the Japanese taxpayer to pay for it.
Posted 9/22/09

majorclanger1 wrote:

The obvious thing would be for him to put his own interest and time personally into working with the Industry on its' own showcase rather than expecting the Japanese taxpayer to pay for it.
That's the first problem, for you see, the iron triangle that is the Japanese government(http://www.unhcr.org/refworld/country,,,,JPN,4562d8cf2,4a6452ab28,0.html) is fundamentally corrupted, due to the elitist mindset in their collectivism culture: http://www.thejapanfaq.com/FAQ-Primer.html(read 10.The Iron Triangle and the Empty Center)

Which also creates an inflexible economy of unnecessary internal spending, result in a rising Yen not due to market growth but inflation: http://seekingalpha.com/instablog/211180-joseph-trevisani/26838-the-koan-of-yen-safe-haven-and-the-japanese-economy
You must be logged in to post.