First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Black People.
821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Labuan Island, Ma...
Offline
Posted 12/30/07
hahaha.... nice one dude.... hope she chokes.,...
the auntie was a real bitch...
1199 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Alberta, Canada
Offline
Posted 12/30/07
i thought the video was really funny and had a great message
Posted 12/30/07
i knew that he could understand the whole time, well yea i dont like being prejudice
14475 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Way of The Ninja...
Offline
Posted 12/30/07
Your kiddin. So your dad picked a different register? Even if that is slight racism, it's rare, so who gives a crap?

Does picking a register oppress black people in anyway? We sure have lost the true meaning of racism in today's society.
58645 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Boston
Offline
Posted 12/30/07

Kieutie wrote:

The reason why I would like to share this video with you all is because it's funny & witty. and it also got a moral story behind it.
I've seen other asians that look down on colored ppl, especially black and mexican ppl.
& I think it's wrong. The elder Vietnamese ppl do it a lot. I see it everytime.
& the sad thing is, my dad does it too =[

One time when we went to Walmart and we were ready to ring up our stuff. There were 2 registers opened by a black girl and a white guy. the wait was only 1 person with like 2 items in her hands for the black girl & it's the register closest to us. Yet my dad chose the other register with the white guy instead. He didn't say anything but I know why. Because he's racist and he's paranoid that the black girl might cheat us.

I went to the black girl's register anyways so my dad had to come with me.
The point is..I feel bad that my dad does that. & after I watched this video, I wanted to show it to him and tell him that black ppl are capable of things we dont know and we shouldn't look down on them nor should we judge them by their past or what they've done.


I enjoyed the video but feel like people harp on the racism issue far too often. The fact of the matter is that racism while horrible is really not different at heart than other methods of prejudice, whether those be physical appearance, educational background, or social status. The truth is that it happens all the time in every corner of the world. People are cruel, those of us who may not be racist walk down the street and turn our heads at beggars or the like.
1618 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
74
Offline
Posted 12/30/07

namezox wrote:

i was too busying staring at the chick.


yeah shes quite hot

the aunt is pretty funny too rofl
Posted 12/30/07
LOL. owned. but i feel bad because my family is like that towards black people. but def not mexicans.

i guess you could that my family has not had the best experience with "black" people.

but i have to say alot of black people in the media do not exactly convey a "positive" image for themselves
3068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
77 / M
Offline
Posted 12/30/07

quater wrote:

Your kiddin. So your dad picked a different register? Even if that is slight racism, it's rare, so who gives a crap?

Does picking a register oppress black people in anyway? We sure have lost the true meaning of racism in today's society.


im not kiddin. he could've gone to the closest register with less ppl. yet he chose the other one.
i know my dad. he's always afraid. he doesn't want me to talk to black ppl because he think they'll harm me
i do it anyways. i have more black friends than asian friends. & he always tell me to be careful. it's sad

maybe it's not at all racist. perhaps it's just discrimination.
depends on how you look at it.
14475 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Way of The Ninja...
Offline
Posted 12/30/07

Kieutie wrote:


quater wrote:

Your kiddin. So your dad picked a different register? Even if that is slight racism, it's rare, so who gives a crap?

Does picking a register oppress black people in anyway? We sure have lost the true meaning of racism in today's society.


im not kiddin. he could've gone to the closest register with less ppl. yet he chose the other one.
i know my dad. he's always afraid. he doesn't want me to talk to black ppl because he think they'll harm me
i do it anyways. i have more black friends than asian friends. & he always tell me to be careful. it's sad

maybe it's not at all racist. perhaps it's just discrimination.
depends on how you look at it.


Alright. So that's your dad, he probably has his reasons. But, that still is not worth noting. The discrimination you are talking about isn't important it's slight and practically nothing. When he starts saying blacks can't go to the same places, or starts treating them like lesser animals, then we may have a problem, but for now, it's just a slight prejudice and we all have prejudices, maybe not to a black person but to someone somewhere.

58645 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Boston
Offline
Posted 12/30/07

quater wrote:


Alright. So that's your dad, he probably has his reasons. But, that still is not worth noting. The discrimination you are talking about isn't important it's slight and practically nothing. When he starts saying blacks can't go to the same places, or starts treating them like lesser animals, then we may have a problem, but for now, it's just a slight prejudice and we all have prejudices, maybe not to a black person but to someone somewhere.



Where do you draw that line though? He is purposely excluding a large set of people from his life. Things have a tendency to start small and snowball into something large before anyone realizes it.
3068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
77 / M
Offline
Posted 12/30/07

quater wrote:


Kieutie wrote:


quater wrote:

Your kiddin. So your dad picked a different register? Even if that is slight racism, it's rare, so who gives a crap?

Does picking a register oppress black people in anyway? We sure have lost the true meaning of racism in today's society.


im not kiddin. he could've gone to the closest register with less ppl. yet he chose the other one.
i know my dad. he's always afraid. he doesn't want me to talk to black ppl because he think they'll harm me
i do it anyways. i have more black friends than asian friends. & he always tell me to be careful. it's sad

maybe it's not at all racist. perhaps it's just discrimination.
depends on how you look at it.


Alright. So that's your dad, he probably has his reasons. But, that still is not worth noting. The discrimination you are talking about isn't important it's slight and practically nothing. When he starts saying blacks can't go to the same places, or starts treating them like lesser animals, then we may have a problem, but for now, it's just a slight prejudice and we all have prejudices, maybe not to a black person but to someone somewhere.



okay :] you're talking about the extreme racism.
& im sure racism has changed overtime. & ppl with different point of views look at it differently.
14475 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Way of The Ninja...
Offline
Posted 12/30/07

Kieutie wrote:


quater wrote:


Kieutie wrote:


quater wrote:

Your kiddin. So your dad picked a different register? Even if that is slight racism, it's rare, so who gives a crap?

Does picking a register oppress black people in anyway? We sure have lost the true meaning of racism in today's society.


im not kiddin. he could've gone to the closest register with less ppl. yet he chose the other one.
i know my dad. he's always afraid. he doesn't want me to talk to black ppl because he think they'll harm me
i do it anyways. i have more black friends than asian friends. & he always tell me to be careful. it's sad

maybe it's not at all racist. perhaps it's just discrimination.
depends on how you look at it.


Alright. So that's your dad, he probably has his reasons. But, that still is not worth noting. The discrimination you are talking about isn't important it's slight and practically nothing. When he starts saying blacks can't go to the same places, or starts treating them like lesser animals, then we may have a problem, but for now, it's just a slight prejudice and we all have prejudices, maybe not to a black person but to someone somewhere.



okay :] you're talking about the extreme racism.
& im sure racism has changed overtime. & ppl with different point of views look at it differently.


I am talking about true racism. Your talking about a point of view and yes a slight prejudice. I am talking about racism. You say your dad is being racist, but not really he is just being ignorant. Racism to the truest of degrees, is so much deeper then this, and even though our society has diluted the meaning repetitively and made a person saying the word black possibly a racist or sing "I am dreaming of a white Christmas" one too, that doesn't make it any less true that that's not Racism, but instead what I mentioned earlier is.

4664 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / wellington NV
Offline
Posted 12/30/07
that was defonetly good I loved it I swar pepole do shit like that to you even if your in the same race
14475 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Way of The Ninja...
Offline
Posted 12/30/07

Hopchow wrote:


quater wrote:


Alright. So that's your dad, he probably has his reasons. But, that still is not worth noting. The discrimination you are talking about isn't important it's slight and practically nothing. When he starts saying blacks can't go to the same places, or starts treating them like lesser animals, then we may have a problem, but for now, it's just a slight prejudice and we all have prejudices, maybe not to a black person but to someone somewhere.



Where do you draw that line though? He is purposely excluding a large set of people from his life. Things have a tendency to start small and snowball into something large before anyone realizes it.


Are you saying we should force him to accept those people into his life? There is no drawing of the line. Until he starts showing real hate for these people, and actually wants to hurt them or slander them in some way, we don't do anything about it. Because guess what? We are a free Society.

58645 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Boston
Offline
Posted 12/30/07

quater wrote:

Are you saying we should force him to accept those people into his life? There is no drawing of the line. Until he starts showing real hate for these people, and actually wants to hurt them or slander them in some way, we don't do anything about it. Because guess what? We are a free Society.



You don't draw the line for other people, you do so for yourself. Lead by example, that is in essence doing something about it.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.