First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Black People.
14495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Way of The Ninja...
Offline
Posted 12/30/07

Hopchow wrote:


quater wrote:

Are you saying we should force him to accept those people into his life? There is no drawing of the line. Until he starts showing real hate for these people, and actually wants to hurt them or slander them in some way, we don't do anything about it. Because guess what? We are a free Society.



You don't draw the line for other people, you do so for yourself. Lead by example, that is in essence doing something about it.


I will give you that's a good point. But then don't say draw the line in the text that I could take it, as I did, that you were trying to stop him with force or government intervention please?

58645 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Boston
Offline
Posted 12/30/07

quater wrote:

I will give you that's a good point. But then don't say draw the line in the text that I could take it, as I did, that you were trying to stop him with force or government intervention please?



You could also just as easily inquire as to the specific meaning of a statement rather than assuming based on a single sided interpretation that it means something in conflict to your own ideas.
49717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / Unreachable Dream...
Offline
Posted 12/30/07
That was a good one... XD, many Asians are actually racist, they are just discreet about it because they speak in a different language, and that guy, it was good for him to understand, wahahaha, that was really funny, and it was a good lesson. But as you know, and as you have seen, when Asians perceive a one sided story, they will stick to that one sided story until someone proves that it is wrong.
21991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / boring, bland ohio
Offline
Posted 12/30/07
Anyone can be racist, white people, black people, asians, etc. Good video.
Posted 12/30/07
i watched the video.. the auntie so mean.. == not all of them steals and smoke weed...she's so racist...
25 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Texas
Offline
Posted 12/30/07
thanx! people always put us in 1 stereotype. and it hurts
14495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Way of The Ninja...
Offline
Posted 12/30/07

Hopchow wrote:


quater wrote:

I will give you that's a good point. But then don't say draw the line in the text that I could take it, as I did, that you were trying to stop him with force or government intervention please?



You could also just as easily inquire as to the specific meaning of a statement rather than assuming based on a single sided interpretation that it means something in conflict to your own ideas.


Or you could just as soon admit that you did word it a bit confusingly and that you can see how it gives off a conflicting message. But you wont, and if I read something that says where are we going to draw the line, as in we need to do something about it, I will not hesitate to speak up. Tis my way. Instead of talking smugly to me for my opinions and declaring me a single sided interpretation and etc, as if you have any real reason to talk down to me because I did admit I read it wrongly, you could just smile and say no big deal also.



26820 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Chicago
Online
Posted 12/30/07

lazypower wrote:

who cares?


Seriously..

It's just funny because many asians whom I know do it without even knowing. I had my friend who's Puerto Rican come over, and my mom thought he was black and shit. She was amazed that he has a career in mind. lol

21991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / boring, bland ohio
Offline
Posted 12/30/07

quater wrote:


Kieutie wrote:


quater wrote:


Kieutie wrote:


quater wrote:

Your kiddin. So your dad picked a different register? Even if that is slight racism, it's rare, so who gives a crap?

Does picking a register oppress black people in anyway? We sure have lost the true meaning of racism in today's society.


im not kiddin. he could've gone to the closest register with less ppl. yet he chose the other one.
i know my dad. he's always afraid. he doesn't want me to talk to black ppl because he think they'll harm me
i do it anyways. i have more black friends than asian friends. & he always tell me to be careful. it's sad

maybe it's not at all racist. perhaps it's just discrimination.
depends on how you look at it.


Alright. So that's your dad, he probably has his reasons. But, that still is not worth noting. The discrimination you are talking about isn't important it's slight and practically nothing. When he starts saying blacks can't go to the same places, or starts treating them like lesser animals, then we may have a problem, but for now, it's just a slight prejudice and we all have prejudices, maybe not to a black person but to someone somewhere.



okay :] you're talking about the extreme racism.
& im sure racism has changed overtime. & ppl with different point of views look at it differently.


I am talking about true racism. Your talking about a point of view and yes a slight prejudice. I am talking about racism. You say your dad is being racist, but not really he is just being ignorant. Racism to the truest of degrees, is so much deeper then this, and even though our society has diluted the meaning repetitively and made a person saying the word black possibly a racist or sing "I am dreaming of a white Christmas" one too, that doesn't make it any less true that that's not Racism, but instead what I mentioned earlier is.



I think she has a valid point. After the civil rights movement (at least in America) more people are sensitive to racism and discrimination. Because of that many people who are prejudiced against one race or another resort to petty actions to show their disdain so they wont be called out on it.
14495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Way of The Ninja...
Offline
Posted 12/30/07

artgeek707 wrote:


quater wrote:


Kieutie wrote:


quater wrote:


Kieutie wrote:


quater wrote:

Your kiddin. So your dad picked a different register? Even if that is slight racism, it's rare, so who gives a crap?

Does picking a register oppress black people in anyway? We sure have lost the true meaning of racism in today's society.


im not kiddin. he could've gone to the closest register with less ppl. yet he chose the other one.
i know my dad. he's always afraid. he doesn't want me to talk to black ppl because he think they'll harm me
i do it anyways. i have more black friends than asian friends. & he always tell me to be careful. it's sad

maybe it's not at all racist. perhaps it's just discrimination.
depends on how you look at it.


Alright. So that's your dad, he probably has his reasons. But, that still is not worth noting. The discrimination you are talking about isn't important it's slight and practically nothing. When he starts saying blacks can't go to the same places, or starts treating them like lesser animals, then we may have a problem, but for now, it's just a slight prejudice and we all have prejudices, maybe not to a black person but to someone somewhere.



okay :] you're talking about the extreme racism.
& im sure racism has changed overtime. & ppl with different point of views look at it differently.


I am talking about true racism. Your talking about a point of view and yes a slight prejudice. I am talking about racism. You say your dad is being racist, but not really he is just being ignorant. Racism to the truest of degrees, is so much deeper then this, and even though our society has diluted the meaning repetitively and made a person saying the word black possibly a racist or sing "I am dreaming of a white Christmas" one too, that doesn't make it any less true that that's not Racism, but instead what I mentioned earlier is.



I think she has a valid point. After the civil rights movement (at least in America) more people are sensitive to racism and discrimination. Because of that many people who are prejudiced against one race or another resort to petty actions to show their disdain so they wont be called out on it.

And I believe that neither matters for society to work, nor does it mean it's racism. Call it disdain for others, sure, but it's not racism that we should worry about.
Posted 12/30/07

Some people actually rated my comment. O_O
21991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / boring, bland ohio
Offline
Posted 12/30/07

quater wrote:


artgeek707 wrote:


quater wrote:


Kieutie wrote:


quater wrote:


Kieutie wrote:


quater wrote:

Your kiddin. So your dad picked a different register? Even if that is slight racism, it's rare, so who gives a crap?

Does picking a register oppress black people in anyway? We sure have lost the true meaning of racism in today's society.


im not kiddin. he could've gone to the closest register with less ppl. yet he chose the other one.
i know my dad. he's always afraid. he doesn't want me to talk to black ppl because he think they'll harm me
i do it anyways. i have more black friends than asian friends. & he always tell me to be careful. it's sad

maybe it's not at all racist. perhaps it's just discrimination.
depends on how you look at it.


Alright. So that's your dad, he probably has his reasons. But, that still is not worth noting. The discrimination you are talking about isn't important it's slight and practically nothing. When he starts saying blacks can't go to the same places, or starts treating them like lesser animals, then we may have a problem, but for now, it's just a slight prejudice and we all have prejudices, maybe not to a black person but to someone somewhere.



okay :] you're talking about the extreme racism.
& im sure racism has changed overtime. & ppl with different point of views look at it differently.


I am talking about true racism. Your talking about a point of view and yes a slight prejudice. I am talking about racism. You say your dad is being racist, but not really he is just being ignorant. Racism to the truest of degrees, is so much deeper then this, and even though our society has diluted the meaning repetitively and made a person saying the word black possibly a racist or sing "I am dreaming of a white Christmas" one too, that doesn't make it any less true that that's not Racism, but instead what I mentioned earlier is.



I think she has a valid point. After the civil rights movement (at least in America) more people are sensitive to racism and discrimination. Because of that many people who are prejudiced against one race or another resort to petty actions to show their disdain so they wont be called out on it.

And I believe that neither matters for society to work, nor does it mean it's racism. Call it disdain for others, sure, but it's not racism that we should worry about.


It might not matter to you, but it can seriously affect other peoples lives. Most high end jobs in America go to white men because there's a general preference due to past stereotypes. Black women are less likely (genetically) to get breast cancer but more likely than white women to die from it. I think it's a serious concern.
26820 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Chicago
Online
Posted 12/30/07
^^^That's true. If it's between a black and white guy who have the same potential, the white guy gets the job.
2935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Tsuki no Usagi.. =3
Offline
Posted 12/30/07
woah that's an awesome vid!!! it have a good moral and the end is so cool!!XD
14477 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Moving around or...
Offline
Posted 12/30/07
lol haha, don't really blame people for being racist to blacks sometimes tho. they're not all bad, but alot of them are more prone to....anger...and alot of times they use...vulgar words alot.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.