First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Black People.
2145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / London
Offline
Posted 12/30/07
Wow
21991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / boring, bland ohio
Offline
Posted 12/30/07

FatedEmperor wrote:

lol haha, don't really blame people for being racist to blacks sometimes tho. they're not all bad, but alot of them are more prone to....anger...and alot of times they use...vulgar words alot.


Ugh stereotypes............
26820 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Chicago
Offline
Posted 12/30/07
It all depends on where you live. If you live in Chicago, many of the black people fit the stereotype.
14477 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Moving around or...
Offline
Posted 12/30/07

artgeek707 wrote:


FatedEmperor wrote:

lol haha, don't really blame people for being racist to blacks sometimes tho. they're not all bad, but alot of them are more prone to....anger...and alot of times they use...vulgar words alot.


Ugh stereotypes............


not really stereotypical *shrugs*...just saying...but it's kind of the truth don't u think so?
i just say alot of them, not all of them. I personally have a super goody black friend that like never curses and is too nice for his own good.
660 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / My Home.
Offline
Posted 12/30/07
that was some funny stuff at the end.
14495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Way of The Ninja...
Offline
Posted 12/30/07

artgeek707 wrote:


quater wrote:


artgeek707 wrote:


quater wrote:


Kieutie wrote:


quater wrote:


Kieutie wrote:


quater wrote:

Your kiddin. So your dad picked a different register? Even if that is slight racism, it's rare, so who gives a crap?

Does picking a register oppress black people in anyway? We sure have lost the true meaning of racism in today's society.


im not kiddin. he could've gone to the closest register with less ppl. yet he chose the other one.
i know my dad. he's always afraid. he doesn't want me to talk to black ppl because he think they'll harm me
i do it anyways. i have more black friends than asian friends. & he always tell me to be careful. it's sad

maybe it's not at all racist. perhaps it's just discrimination.
depends on how you look at it.


Alright. So that's your dad, he probably has his reasons. But, that still is not worth noting. The discrimination you are talking about isn't important it's slight and practically nothing. When he starts saying blacks can't go to the same places, or starts treating them like lesser animals, then we may have a problem, but for now, it's just a slight prejudice and we all have prejudices, maybe not to a black person but to someone somewhere.



okay :] you're talking about the extreme racism.
& im sure racism has changed overtime. & ppl with different point of views look at it differently.


I am talking about true racism. Your talking about a point of view and yes a slight prejudice. I am talking about racism. You say your dad is being racist, but not really he is just being ignorant. Racism to the truest of degrees, is so much deeper then this, and even though our society has diluted the meaning repetitively and made a person saying the word black possibly a racist or sing "I am dreaming of a white Christmas" one too, that doesn't make it any less true that that's not Racism, but instead what I mentioned earlier is.



I think she has a valid point. After the civil rights movement (at least in America) more people are sensitive to racism and discrimination. Because of that many people who are prejudiced against one race or another resort to petty actions to show their disdain so they wont be called out on it.

And I believe that neither matters for society to work, nor does it mean it's racism. Call it disdain for others, sure, but it's not racism that we should worry about.


It might not matter to you, but it can seriously affect other peoples lives. Most high end jobs in America go to white men because there's a general preference due to past stereotypes. Black women are less likely (genetically) to get breast cancer but more likely than white women to die from it. I think it's a serious concern.


I think, that you believe it's a problem thus it is. You think white men are more likely to get jobs due to their color? Well that is utter nonsense. The reason white men are more likely to get those jobs is because black men are more likely to go to jail. It has nothing to do with preference, and in fact a wise company would put a black man in that position so as not to get yelled at for being racist.

The black women verse white women could just be that black women are not told to watch out for Breast Cancer as much?

630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / U.S.A
Offline
Posted 12/30/07

aznrice2k4 wrote:

It all depends on where you live. If you live in Chicago, many of the black people fit the stereotype.


I live in Chicago and i don't fit the sterotype my mom doesn't or any of my family members
816 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 12/30/07
Even though I happen to be black, I was watching the video and agreeing with everything the aunt said! x_x
I find it annoying when people complain about stereotypes. They're general assessments of behavior and tendencies, what's wrong with the truth?

Anyway, I have a lot of Asian friends, and when I go over to their house I can feel the tension between myself and a few of their parents. I definitely see where this video is coming from
3068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M
Offline
Posted 12/30/07
oh em gee. stop it already.

the point of this thread is to learn something from the video
not to debate about racism. gee whiz.
2847 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / F
Offline
Posted 12/30/07

Kieutie wrote:

oh em gee. stop it already.

the point of this thread is to learn something from the video
not to debate about racism. gee whiz.


we learned nothing. it is common sense that everybody is racist.
11750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / netherand/holland...
Offline
Posted 12/30/07

pawleen wrote:

it does have a good moral ^^ thanks for sharing =)


yes it does>.<
26820 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Chicago
Offline
Posted 12/30/07

deeryalz wrote:


aznrice2k4 wrote:

It all depends on where you live. If you live in Chicago, many of the black people fit the stereotype.


I live in Chicago and i don't fit the sterotype my mom doesn't or any of my family members


Like I said earlier, many but not all. I should had made if clearer. If you walk down 79th and Western and keep going north, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Posted 12/30/07

aznrice2k4 wrote:

^^^That's true. If it's between a black and white guy who have the same potential, the white guy gets the job.


unless its affirmative action
36562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Corner of No and...
Offline
Posted 12/30/07
I was kinda nervous when I read the thread title. The video was awesome. Thank you for sharing it. I have to deal with my own share of racism so I really appreciated the message in it.
7468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Talk is cheap in...
Offline
Posted 12/30/07
I have a friend at school who's Puerto Rican and hates Asians but Lani and I are exceptions to him o.O

I go to a school where majority of the students are white. I'm not complaining, I get along with all types of races :]

But my friend who's black tried out for cheerleading. The cheerleaders are all white and when my friend's name was called, everyone was staring at her with stern glares just because she was the only black girl trying out that day. And... she made it
But the next try out, more black girls came in and the head cheer leader told one particular black girl-- "sorry, we already have enough 'niggies; on the team' and then, they actually laughed at the poor girl.
It sucks though because I've seen that girl and she's really good :]

Most people are close-minded about other race because of their past or the country they come from.
I think that others look down on the black people was because of their enslavement long time ago which makes other thinks that they are inferior creatures.
I could be wrong though.
Whatever happened to the 'don't judge a book by its cover'?
People judge a whole race based on a few people's wrongdoings. They prefer to focus on the misdemeanor they've committed instead of focusing on their favorable traits.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.