Welcome to Etiquette class!!! This is where you can learn about proper behavior and manners in the Aristocracy
I'm Echo, your teacher for this class
What is etiquette?
The word "etiquette" refers to a broad range of "socially acceptable behaviors." So basically, proper manners and behavior in different social settings.
Some key etiquette topics include:
1) etiquette and language
- honorifics (titles indicating status)
- linguistic perscriptions and descriptions (how the language ought to be used versus how it IS used)
- T-V distinction (the usage of second person pronouns to indicate politeness, social distance, courtesy, familiarity, or insult)
- usage of none standard language (mainly slang and profanity)
2) etiquette and society
- social graces (interacting politely in social situations)
- finishing schools and charm schools (etiquette schools)
- table manners
- protocol (the etiquette of diplomacy)
- order of precedence (social hierarchy)
- social norms (behavioral expectations, what is expeccted of you)
3) worldwide etiquette
- understanding how proper etiquette and social norms vary throughout the world (what is acceptable in one country may not be acceptable in others)
- cultural differences
These are, for the most part, the topics that I would like to cover. However, if you have any questions regarding anything else etiquette-related, we can discuss that too!
Feel free to ask any and all questions!!
Used, Abused, and Abandoned...