DO NOT POST in this thread. It's a ban for every post. -
*Read and understand the Forum Rules
This was put at the top of the list for a reason. The rules are here for you to read, so there is no excuse to feign ignorance when a warning is issued.
*Flamebaiting and Flaming are disallowed.
Do not insult others. Even if you strongly detest the content of a post or individual to whom you are replying to. (You may, however, make rude facial expressions and socially unacceptable hand gestures as you click "post reply.") Swearing is not entirely taboo, since it can be inoffensive when not directed at a person, and on the other hand, insulting others need not involve four letter words. They will be dealt in a case by case basis.
PMs are not moderated. However, do respect another's privacy and refrain from quoting Private Messages in a public forum. Consider bringing issues up to any moderators if you feel harrassed by any individual though.
***PMs also accumulate CR points, hence things like chainletters (that force you to send to everyone on your buddylist is NOT ALLOWED. Point being, it pools CR points necessarily. And that people get it in emails so much, it's irritating. (see below)
*Don't force the forum rules down someone else's throat.
If you believe it needs pointing out, take it to PM or notify a moderator. Quoting the rules in public is unnecessarily embarrassing for the author of the post in question.
*Report all errors with the site to the mods
Any coding errors that you notice should be reported to a moderator. Failure to do so will not get you into any trouble but if you exploit a flaw with the site instead of telling a moderator about it, you will be banned. Length of the ban will depend on the severity of the action.
*Generally, be respectful in tone:
- Do not yell, i.e. type in all caps.
- Once is enough. Don't post the exact same message multiple times.
- Type what you want to say in an intelligible way - avoid l33t, shorthand, and related internet atrocities.
- Spamming smilies is unnecessary. Nobody needs to see 99 smilies in a post. One will suffice.
- Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use annoying caps, special characters, or titles that have sexual inneundo just to draw attention. They will be edited if someone has time,
*(By the time your CR points hits 500, your soul will thus be consumed by CR.)
Internet tone is easy to misinterpret, hence unless the evidence highly suggests otherwise, take sometime to think - could the post you just read could be interpreted in a friendlier fashion? Give them the benefit of doubt.
* Forum standards are rated PG-13.
- Your avatar may not contain nude or offensive images.
- Do not post naughty links or graven images.
- Please try to keep sexual innuendo to a minimum. This forum does not disallow it, but occasionally, such things get out of hand, so please think about sharing them in private instead of posting them.
* Do not engage in unnatural thread bumping.
If you are concerned about a topic, post once. If it's good, people will respond, but if you are doing it simply to make a thread seem popular (esp if the thread is your own) then it's unnatural bump. Do it once, we slap your hand. Do it many times, you won't have a hand left.
* Post your threads in the appropriate forums.
Save the moderators time by thinking about where your thread best fits in the boards. Make sure to use the correct subforum/section and check to see if your thread has already been made in the past because duplicates will be removed without question. Nobody will kick you if you get it wrong, but it saves your thread from being overlooked or locked.
Also, check the index threads to see if the thread you plan on making isn't a duplicate of an old one.
* CR Points:
DO NOT abuse the forum's rewarding system. Each post or message earns you 2 points, but it is not why the forum was created. If you have nothing good to say then don't. *Refer to point below* CR points also has no direct relation as to being how experienced you are in the forum.
* Offer content.
Remember that your post is supposed to be read by someone. Don't just post saying 'Yo', or things like that that others cannot contribute to. It's not a personal space for you to do whatever you want, but an interactive board.
* Not everyone has broadband:
Therefore, do put a note before submitting a new thread that is image intensive. CR doesn't need to waste more bandwidth than necessary.
* CR is not a link portal.
Please use common sense with links. The following are disallowed: Links to sites (commercial OR personal) that have: 1. Pornographic, racist or illegal materials 2. Profit sites (any get rich quick sites). This is sites that earn the poster a profit/commission or sites that give points for incoming links 3. Any form of advertising. You won't really get much of a warning. Beware.
* Type intelligibly.
This is not an instant messenging program, and CR does have a chat program for that purpose. People prefer to read a post that someone has taken the time and consideration in. Also, under no circumstances are you to type in a foreign language without providing an English translation (which should also be done sparingly). Illegible posts that don't make sense are easily misinterpreted as spam, and therefore are subjected to removal without warning, so save yourself the trouble.
* Multiple accounts, aka Alts
have to be reported to admins and moderators, with a reasonable explanation as to why it was created. This is a serious offence, failure to do so may result in account termination.
A grave error to make is to make an alternate account that pools CR points. That account, in other words, spams like hell for points. If found out, all accounts created by the person behind it will be suspended, and points removed entirely.
*** Thou Shalt Accept the Moderators' and Admin's Decisions.
We reserve the right to edit any part of a post, member profile, ban members (temporarily or permanently) and other miscellaneous actions required to keep the forum in order. You will accept this gladly and run to the yoke of our loving arms, because we do so for your sake. <-That was a joke, btw. (*wicked grin*)
(^ with that last point, anyone who ignores a moderator will have our wicked fury cracking upon their pathetic souls. )
Additional points by killar:
*How NOT to post on this forum:
5 minutes after your initial post you reply to your own post writing something like "Why is nobody helping me? I'm sure you know the answer". Once somebody replies to your thread but doesn't give you exactly the answer you've been expecting you insult them.
Do not ask "what's best" because this question cannot be answered objectively. Each and everyone has their own view about what's best on a certain topic. The best is what works best for you!
*Don't ask for licensed Anime
Posting requests to bring back a removed Anime will not be tolerated. They're gone and will remain gone for the foreseeable future (as has been explained in a separate Crunchy News thread). Asking why it's gone or if you can upload a licensed Anime (that you know is licensed), is a waste of our and your own time. It doesn't make it any more likely for a particular Anime to be brought back.
Also, visit the new Site Feedback and Help section for assistance with any of your site related problems. (Do not request videos there).
Your Avatar should be no larger than 200 by 500 pixels after being uploaded and converted by CR. People with avatars larger than this will be asked to remove it. Failure to do so may result in warnings and a potential temp ban for serious offenses.
Crunchyroll Chat Rules
1. Respect the ops (operators) of the room. The operators are the moderators from the forum. They can kick you from a room, ban you from a room, ban you from the site, and nuke your account. Both forum AND media moderators are operators.
2. The chat is still PG-13, meaning no inappropriate images, or topics.
3. The main chatrooms (crunchyroll, anime, games, music, drama, fansubs, uploaders, mods) are to be ENGLISH-ONLY. If you wish to speak in another language, make your own chatroom.
4. Do not type in capslock (unless occasionally for humour).
5. Refrain from typing something irrelevant (being random) when others are having a conversation.
6. Try to type intelligibly. Refrain from extreme 1337 or textspeak.
7. Be in the correct room. If you wish to discuss anime, go to the anime chatroom and etc. This is like the forum, there are sections of chat for specific subjects.
Do NOT post here. It's a ban for every post. - Fae
In Colombia...having a blast