First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
The Next Generation of Anime/Manga Characters
5147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / NJ, USA
Offline
Posted 10/3/09
Nah, I think it might stay the same for a while. People keep feeding into the character designs of overpowered mains for no good reason, the fangirls still drool over their men on men kissing, and "cute" animated guys, and fanboys still love their busty heroines and fancy weapons.
I wish there were more anime that were as culturally themed as Michiko to Hatchin and Hellsing Ultimate or as dramatically different as Nana or as different in character designs as Lovely Complex. But thinking outside the box isn't always rewarded and some artists just wanna continue doing generic work that somehow still pays off.

So we'll be stuck with characters who are taking literally YEARS to be the best at something or some cute girl that transforms to save the day. Too bad =/
17342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Crapsack World
Offline
Posted 10/3/09
I hope that byronic heroes will become mainstream. Stereotypical heroes that you normally see in shounen animes are getting boring.
37909 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / under the same sky
Offline
Posted 10/3/09 , edited 10/3/09
hopefully it'll not get 'dirtier' as in more sex scenes etc...


or the "END OF THE WORLD" storyline thing....

or they're filled with robots and that robots are conquering our world....
4032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / New York
Offline
Posted 10/3/09 , edited 10/3/09

TannerB wrote:

Hopefully something that's not total fucking shit like Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece


Oh gee why am I not surprised... another person dissing mainstream anime
Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it "shit"
Hey buddy I looked at your profile... you like Clannad and Melancholy of Suzumiya... but I can't even get through 2 episodes of those... Because it's not my type of anime; however, I do not go around dissing those animes, calling them "shit". I respect that everyone has different tastes when it comes to Tv shows, animes, mangas, etc etc etc.
So let's please all be nice and say you don't want future animes to be like those mainstream animes, because it's not your cup of tea, not because it's shit, which is your sole opinion... and probably some other's who are just as mean and immature about it.

[edit] on topic: I hope they make more shounen animes with lots and lots of comedy =)
Also a lot more animes similar to Natsume Yuujinchou
13136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Europe
Offline
Posted 10/3/09

swtcakes wrote:


TannerB wrote:

Hopefully something that's not total fucking shit like Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece


Oh gee why am I not surprised... another person dissing mainstream anime
Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it "shit"
Hey buddy I looked at your profile... you like Clannad and Melancholy of Suzumiya... but I can't even get through 2 episodes of those... Because it's not my type of anime; however, I do not go around dissing those animes, calling them "shit". I respect that everyone has different tastes when it comes to Tv shows, animes, mangas, etc etc etc.
So let's please all be nice and say you don't want future animes to be like those mainstream animes, because it's not your cup of tea, not because it's shit, which is your sole opinion... and probably some other's who are just as mean and immature about it.

[edit] on topic: I hope they make more shounen animes with lots and lots of comedy =)
Also a lot more animes similar to Natsume Yuujinchou


Look at you two. They are both so main stream. Everyone knows about the anime you both are watching or have watched. Do you know what isn't mainstream?

Try to watch Sumomomo, Karas and Seirei no Moribito. Bet both of you haven't even heard the first two letters of them.

Now, please shut the duck up and don't act like you two are people who know the difference between good anime and bad anime.

Posted 10/3/09

Baka-God wrote:


swtcakes wrote:


TannerB wrote:

Hopefully something that's not total fucking shit like Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece


Oh gee why am I not surprised... another person dissing mainstream anime
Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it "shit"
Hey buddy I looked at your profile... you like Clannad and Melancholy of Suzumiya... but I can't even get through 2 episodes of those... Because it's not my type of anime; however, I do not go around dissing those animes, calling them "shit". I respect that everyone has different tastes when it comes to Tv shows, animes, mangas, etc etc etc.
So let's please all be nice and say you don't want future animes to be like those mainstream animes, because it's not your cup of tea, not because it's shit, which is your sole opinion... and probably some other's who are just as mean and immature about it.

[edit] on topic: I hope they make more shounen animes with lots and lots of comedy =)
Also a lot more animes similar to Natsume Yuujinchou


Look at you two. They are both so main stream. Everyone knows about the anime you both are watching or have watched. Do you know what isn't mainstream?

Try to watch Sumomomo, Karas and Seirei no Moribito. Bet both of you haven't even heard the first two letters of them.

Now, please shut the duck up and don't act like you two are people who know the difference between good anime and bad anime.



You are so right :d Well, every person has a sole opinion so some things are inevitable
4032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / New York
Offline
Posted 10/3/09

Baka-God wrote:


swtcakes wrote:


TannerB wrote:

Hopefully something that's not total fucking shit like Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece


Oh gee why am I not surprised... another person dissing mainstream anime
Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it "shit"
Hey buddy I looked at your profile... you like Clannad and Melancholy of Suzumiya... but I can't even get through 2 episodes of those... Because it's not my type of anime; however, I do not go around dissing those animes, calling them "shit". I respect that everyone has different tastes when it comes to Tv shows, animes, mangas, etc etc etc.
So let's please all be nice and say you don't want future animes to be like those mainstream animes, because it's not your cup of tea, not because it's shit, which is your sole opinion... and probably some other's who are just as mean and immature about it.

[edit] on topic: I hope they make more shounen animes with lots and lots of comedy =)
Also a lot more animes similar to Natsume Yuujinchou


Look at you two. They are both so main stream. Everyone knows about the anime you both are watching or have watched. Do you know what isn't mainstream?

Try to watch Sumomomo, Karas and Seirei no Moribito. Bet both of you haven't even heard the first two letters of them.

Now, please shut the duck up and don't act like you two are people who know the difference between good anime and bad anime.



Lol I was being nice and try to make people see that just because they don't like an anime, doesn't make it bad.
and I did not say I know what good or bad anime is for everyone. There isn't one sole answer to that; it is up to your own tastes and opinions on what is good and what is not. So don't lecture me please
Btw, you're wrong, I have heard of sumomomo
878 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / New York City
Offline
Posted 10/3/09
Yeah. Natsume Yuujincho and stuff like Mishi-Shi. Those are always refreshing to have.

I've gotta say, mainstream is mainstream for a reason. You should at least give the anime a chance before condemning it. Naruto's okay, One Piece's art style makes me want to say that it's not manga....but I can't do that, and Bleach is just, after watching up to the 170's, I've deemed it repetitive. Ichigo versus Enemy N. Whoohoo....<_<

As for Clannad. I really don't get why I start to watch something, stop because nobody's uploading, then find out, three months later, that it's the best thing since sliced bread(obvious exaggeration; don't get your panties/boxers in a bunch). Same thing happened with Nabari no Ou.
78599 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / My own pocket Uni...
Offline
Posted 10/3/09
the thing thats in right now is to cross genres some animes now have 6-8 diffent genres in one anime
13136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Europe
Offline
Posted 10/3/09 , edited 10/3/09

swtcakes wrote:



Lol I was being nice and try to make people see that just because they don't like an anime, doesn't make it bad.
and I did not say I know what good or bad anime is for everyone. There isn't one sole answer to that; it is up to your own tastes and opinions on what is good and what is not. So don't lecture me please
Btw, you're wrong, I have heard of sumomomo


Haha, it was actually more directed to TannerB than you, ;P. It is not like I don't watch Main stream, but It is too predictable and long. Take for Example, Bleach.

They are now from Episode 100 (?) to episode 200 + Just to save one side character, with amazing huge boobs, which are bigger than the ones from Pamela Anderson.

Naruto; From the end of the Naruto to Shippuden are they still after an Emo's ass. Just to '' save him'' out the clutches from the twin brother from Michael Jackson. And all he can is the Rasengan powered up, and some other attacks.

On a side note, One Piece isn't that bad.

4032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / New York
Offline
Posted 10/3/09 , edited 10/3/09

Baka-God wrote:


swtcakes wrote:



Lol I was being nice and try to make people see that just because they don't like an anime, doesn't make it bad.
and I did not say I know what good or bad anime is for everyone. There isn't one sole answer to that; it is up to your own tastes and opinions on what is good and what is not. So don't lecture me please
Btw, you're wrong, I have heard of sumomomo


Haha, it was actually more directed to TannerB than you, ;P. It is not like I don't watch Main stream, but It is too predictable and long. Take for Example, Bleach.

They are now from Episode 100 (?) to episode 200 + Just to save one side character, with amazing huge boobs, which are bigger than the ones from Pamela Anderson.

Naruto; From the end of the Naruto to Shippuden are they still after an Emo's ass. Just to '' save him'' out the clutches from the twin brother from Michael Jackson. And all he can is the Rasengan powered up, and some other attacks.

On a side note, One Piece isn't that bad.



Yes One Piece is good!

So yes mainstream anime is usually quite long, plus they have A LOT of fillers, which I hate.
However, I can deal with it by simply skipping the fillers
I have stopped watching BLEACH for a long time now... after they got into that place to save orihime...
So I admit, most mainstream shounen gets boring after awhile, but there are some really good ones
Like One Piece, at 4xx episodes, I don't think it's getting boring at all :)
But that's just my opinion. Some people actually liked the fillers of BLEACH and naruto... zzzzz so it's really up to individual opinions ^^
So let's be nice and respect each other's likings and refrain from bashing, because it makes no sense making general conclusions according to one's own opinion. ^-^
Posted 10/3/09 , edited 10/3/09

Baka-God wrote:


swtcakes wrote:



Lol I was being nice and try to make people see that just because they don't like an anime, doesn't make it bad.
and I did not say I know what good or bad anime is for everyone. There isn't one sole answer to that; it is up to your own tastes and opinions on what is good and what is not. So don't lecture me please
Btw, you're wrong, I have heard of sumomomo


Haha, it was actually more directed to TannerB than you, ;P. It is not like I don't watch Main stream, but It is too predictable and long. Take for Example, Bleach.

They are now from Episode 100 (?) to episode 200 + Just to save one side character, with amazing huge boobs, which are bigger than the ones from Pamela Anderson.

Naruto; From the end of the Naruto to Shippuden are they still after an Emo's ass. Just to '' save him'' out the clutches from the twin brother from Michael Jackson. And all he can is the Rasengan powered up, and some other attacks.

On a side note, One Piece isn't that bad.



LOL, no offence of anything but really, I was laughing when you wrote chasing an emos' ass and out of michael jacksons clutches.- OMD
You really know how to express your opinions Totally laughing
733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Jendell
Offline
Posted 10/3/09

swtcakes wrote:


TannerB wrote:

Hopefully something that's not total fucking shit like Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece


Oh gee why am I not surprised... another person dissing mainstream anime
Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it "shit"
Hey buddy I looked at your profile... you like Clannad and Melancholy of Suzumiya... but I can't even get through 2 episodes of those... Because it's not my type of anime; however, I do not go around dissing those animes, calling them "shit". I respect that everyone has different tastes when it comes to Tv shows, animes, mangas, etc etc etc.
So let's please all be nice and say you don't want future animes to be like those mainstream animes, because it's not your cup of tea, not because it's shit, which is your sole opinion... and probably some other's who are just as mean and immature about it.

[edit] on topic: I hope they make more shounen animes with lots and lots of comedy =)
Also a lot more animes similar to Natsume Yuujinchou


Just because there's not a fight scene every few minutes it makes an anime bad?
33371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Cowboy Land
Offline
Posted 10/3/09

Nyarth wrote:

Whatever's in Final Fantasy? =P


haha right? i love the little movies in the beginning but the actual characters when playing the game sometimes don't look like it

4032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / New York
Offline
Posted 10/3/09

TannerB wrote:


swtcakes wrote:


TannerB wrote:

Hopefully something that's not total fucking shit like Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece


Oh gee why am I not surprised... another person dissing mainstream anime
Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it "shit"
Hey buddy I looked at your profile... you like Clannad and Melancholy of Suzumiya... but I can't even get through 2 episodes of those... Because it's not my type of anime; however, I do not go around dissing those animes, calling them "shit". I respect that everyone has different tastes when it comes to Tv shows, animes, mangas, etc etc etc.
So let's please all be nice and say you don't want future animes to be like those mainstream animes, because it's not your cup of tea, not because it's shit, which is your sole opinion... and probably some other's who are just as mean and immature about it.

[edit] on topic: I hope they make more shounen animes with lots and lots of comedy =)
Also a lot more animes similar to Natsume Yuujinchou


Just because there's not a fight scene every few minutes it makes an anime bad?


I never said that man I watch animes that has no action whatsoever as well. It just happens my favorites are shounen animes.
I'm just saying some animes that you like might not be what i like, but I don't diss them, because I respect that others like what I might not.
So we should all be nice about somethings, even if we dislike them. that's all
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.