First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Asian Music > European/American Music? Why?
21223 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/11/09
Lots of people on here seem to prefer Asian music over most other types, sometimes even saying it's better than other culture's music. It often makes me wonder what it is that makes them feel that it's better?

So, do you prefer Asian music over other music? Why? I kind of got the impression that good music was good music, no matter where it came from, but I guess not, because apparently American music "sucks". :/

Not gonna bash anyone on this, just share your opinions~
17562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 10/11/09 , edited 10/11/09
I like Asian music because it's different.. sometimes it's not <.<.. but anyway and I think people also like it because it's in a different language and the style is different
I think the people who say that American music "sucks" are probably from America themselves.. they are probably sick of the music there.. and i guess in places like America (most of the people) if they saw bands like 2NE1, 4Minute, An Cafe, LM.C, and SNSD they would pretty much freak out and call them "Gay", "Weird", or other stuff like "WTF is this sh*t?" I don't think they have ever really see some thing like that..
Take it from someone who knows..
But you've got to think too.. America is probably the most popular country in the world.. so most everyone likes their music.. but lately Lady Ga Ga has been compared to alot of Asian artists like 2NE1 and 4Minute.. anyway.. <_<..

In all I prefer both Asian and American.
1510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / A dangerous ditch >D
Offline
Posted 10/11/09
They're not used to the other types of music the countries share maybe?
I don't like biased comments though, because it obviously shows they either never heard the other types of music or just think stereotypically and BAM!! Final answer.
Hate it ,you know ;_;?

To me I love all kinds of music. English, Asian, Italian, French, Spanish, Hebrew. Oh especially Hebrew, the language sounds freaking amazing xD
17562 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 10/11/09

A-M-Y-R-E-M-I-X wrote:

They're not used to the other types of music the countries share maybe?
I don't like biased comments though, because it obviously shows they either never heard the other types of music or just think stereotypically and BAM!! Final answer.
Hate it ,you know ;_;?

To me I love all kinds of music. English, Asian, Italian, French, Spanish, Hebrew. Oh especially Hebrew, the language sounds freaking amazing xD


Sorry but this is the world.. think about it people can be really mean.. I'm not saying all people are like that.. and some people do label them as a stereotype.. And I do agree I too like English, Asian, French, Italian, but never really heard any other..
2980 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / underwater with b...
Offline
Posted 10/11/09
american mainstream songs are getting stupid.
34454 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Canada
Offline
Posted 10/11/09
I prefer SOME Asian music than american music. I think that I have some asian pride left in me to appreciate something from my ethnicity.
3217 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / An ephemeral world
Offline
Posted 10/12/09
Although I like Asian music more than Western music, I still think that Western music>Asian music.
As most of the genres found in the Asian Pop music are somehow derived from the Western music types.
Western mainstream music are getting stupid yeah, so does Asian music.
1510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / A dangerous ditch >D
Offline
Posted 10/12/09

shirayukiIce wrote:


A-M-Y-R-E-M-I-X wrote:

They're not used to the other types of music the countries share maybe?
I don't like biased comments though, because it obviously shows they either never heard the other types of music or just think stereotypically and BAM!! Final answer.
Hate it ,you know ;_;?

To me I love all kinds of music. English, Asian, Italian, French, Spanish, Hebrew. Oh especially Hebrew, the language sounds freaking amazing xD


Sorry but this is the world.. think about it people can be really mean.. I'm not saying all people are like that.. and some people do label them as a stereotype.. And I do agree I too like English, Asian, French, Italian, but never really heard any other..


True, sadly. But let's be thankful for the people who are out there loving everything, despite what it comes from :D.

I think the one thing that really got me into music were the old cartoon Disney and Dream Works movies xD. Like Pocohantas and Prince of Egypt lmfao! I somehow just grew up like that >.>
(I forgot to mention Cheshire Cats <3! But I'm going off topic haha xD.)
4202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 10/12/09
Posted 10/12/09

A-M-Y-R-E-M-I-X wrote:


shirayukiIce wrote:


A-M-Y-R-E-M-I-X wrote:

They're not used to the other types of music the countries share maybe?
I don't like biased comments though, because it obviously shows they either never heard the other types of music or just think stereotypically and BAM!! Final answer.
Hate it ,you know ;_;?

To me I love all kinds of music. English, Asian, Italian, French, Spanish, Hebrew. Oh especially Hebrew, the language sounds freaking amazing xD


Sorry but this is the world.. think about it people can be really mean.. I'm not saying all people are like that.. and some people do label them as a stereotype.. And I do agree I too like English, Asian, French, Italian, but never really heard any other..


True, sadly. But let's be thankful for the people who are out there loving everything, despite what it comes from :D.

I think the one thing that really got me into music were the old cartoon Disney and Dream Works movies xD. Like Pocohantas and Prince of Egypt lmfao! I somehow just grew up like that >.>
(I forgot to mention Cheshire Cats <3! But I'm going off topic haha xD.)


Hunchback of Notre Dame had a good soundtrack and everyone loves the Cheshire Cat.


On topic:

I generally don't like asian music. I find it rather lack luster. Or overexaggerated.
552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Interwebs
Offline
Posted 10/14/09

Sekushi_Sushi wrote:

Lots of people on here seem to prefer Asian music over most other types, sometimes even saying it's better than other culture's music. It often makes me wonder what it is that makes them feel that it's better?

So, do you prefer Asian music over other music? Why? I kind of got the impression that good music was good music, no matter where it came from, but I guess not, because apparently American music "sucks". :/

Not gonna bash anyone on this, just share your opinions~



WELL you are coming to a site that are filled asian fanatics so asian music will seem like it's popular on the forums. but the truth is most english speaking people prefer english music. a matter of fact many asians like english music more or same as their own music.

18 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 10/14/09
I listen mostly to Japanese music but also music from one swedish band (I am swedish). I don't listen to alot of American music coz what I get to hear on the radio is mostly American and I think it all sounds the same pretty much. I know that there probably are alot of good and interesting American bands out there but since I'm a fan of Japanese looks (their natural physical beauty and the fun style) I might just as well listen to Japanese music. Then I can listen to the music and imagine the pretty singer
8221 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / yamaku
Offline
Posted 10/14/09

asianboii wrote:

american mainstream songs are getting stupid.


i agree with this statement
11691 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / California
Offline
Posted 10/31/09
I think most people in this site
share Asian music more considering CR
is based on Asian stuff,
but it doesn't mean that they don't listen to American songs.

..although western music is losing its appeal to me..
with their repetitive beat and worthless lyrics.
i can count with my fingers just a few American songs
that's still worth listening to.
2356 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / here, of course!
Offline
Posted 10/31/09
i think it's because most of the american/european songs are just a headache, while asian songs nowadays are something new and kinda refreshing..
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.